Is this a good first car, Veeky Forums? Rotary engine, technically a 4 door, RWD and Manual transmission...

Is this a good first car, Veeky Forums? Rotary engine, technically a 4 door, RWD and Manual transmission, seems like a great drift car.

Unless you have money to spend on parts and extensive knowledge of rotary engines, I would advise against an RX-8 as a first car.

Look into issues with the renesis engine....there are quite a few

no it isn't. unless you just like the for some unknown reason it isn't a good anything. Rotary is shit.

It's time for you to stop.

What's a good first car for drifting?

If you really have to have a rotary meme get an RX7 instead. FC can be had for same money and it's far better of a car.

If you ABSOLUTELY have to have a gay fucking rx8 get one that's 2006 or after. 04-05 are all predestined for the junkyard from the get go, even more so than a rotary is.

>Is this a good first
>seems like a great drift car

Underage get out.

Rotary isn't shit but the rx8 isn't suitable for a first car because the maintenance, and it's ability to quite literally blow up even when being maintained correctly, tends to cancel out all its great features

I'm not underage, im 23 years old and all my car knowledge comes from initial d

get an MR2 if you're looking for a great drift car/1st car

3k civic

/bus cuck general/? Who here /nocar/?

How do I get qt girls to sit next to me, and how do I continue to wear my white satin scorpion driving jacket in the summer? I think it's making me smell and hurting my game.

350z
240sx
AE86
e36
e46
mustang if you like to drift into crowds
miata

You will have a lot more fun and learn a lot more in rally, drifting is gay. dont start there. look into local autocross or something if you are interested in driving cars as a hobby.

what is the point of this shit post

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Civic and MR2 seem like great options. AE86 is impossible to obtain.

holy shit this thread is dejavu what the fuck

This thread pops up like once a week, even with that pic. Anyone that has lurked a bit or done a little research will know that it is a terrible first car. You'll have to baby it a lot, the engine isn't very reliable, it drinks oil, and gets poor gas mileage. It's generally expensive to keep. I really want one some day, but it isn't a good first car

>shitpost
What did he mean by this?

Thanks. Suppose I should've lurked more than not at all before posting.

im still confused

If you want a rotary, get an RX-7. The Renesis has a ton of issues. Plus there's the whole "premix fuel", "redline the car every so often to burn off carbon", among other things that go into owning a rotary.

If you don't want to do all the shit described, an older NOT FOXBODY moostang might be the best bet. It worked for ChrisFix, so it definitely could work for you. Plus, they're stupid cheap if you go for the base model.

>baby it a lot
>rotary
>baby it
What did he mean by this?

Uh, the SN95 is technically just a modified fox car. But you are correct that a mustang gt is an excellent first fun/drift car.

>baby a rotary
>have to constantly redline it to avoid it building up carbon

>my car knowledge comes from initial d
>wants to probably drift on public roads
>only experience in driving is through moms mini van
You're doing it wrong buddy

>first car
>drift car

I'll admit, that really wasn't the word I was looking for, but I couldn't think of a better one at the time

Is this Veeky Forums's equivalent of "what's the best sniper rifle I can get as first gun" in /k/?

Don't listen to then op
I brought one as my first car and have been driving it for about a year now with no issues
Only down side is the terrible fuel economy

>civic
>great option for drifting
Are you fucked m8?

Shhhh he'll figure it out

Hijacking

Rebuild engine, plop in, no spark, what did I fuck up. Forums useless as any crank no start is assumed flooded

Halp

>Is this a good first car, Veeky Forums?
>Rotary engine

Why did you even bother considering it if the most memeful thing about it is the first thing you listed?

Have I been baited?

Buy an XR6 or an SS Commodore

You fucked up when you bought the thing

Just kidding, I'm here to bump the thread for you

>mr2
>drift car

Do you want op to snap oversteer and die?

Are you expecting to do some powerslides on some back roads or do like legit drift competitions. Because you have to have a good bit of knowledge about cars to have a good setup for the 2nd choice. If you just want to be able to have some fun, pretty much anything that is RWD and doesn't have an open differential. I can powerslide and shit in my Ford Ranger.

A M E R I C A

The engine burns oil as part of its normal operation. No.

volvo 740 turbo for 500$

best drift car

>drift
>mr2

am I being baited?

>first car
>manual
>rotary

Enjoy stalling it and making a mess.

>rotary
>good first car
AHAHAHAHA