I'm currently financing a 2012 impala

I'm currently financing a 2012 impala.

Cucked as fuck.
>fwd
>4000lbs
>resonator and muff delete but still no headers or fake cat (CA fag)
>automatic

I want to pay it off then take out a personal loan for around 20k (currently financed 14k and have 8k to go) and use the car as collateral. With the loan money I want to do a manual and rwd conversion (found a shop to do it), get headers, get lighter body panels everywhere I can, rebuild the engine, and finally get it all tuned up to delete torque management and whatever else is hindering the power.

If I can I also want to turbo it.

Basicly, I want to make the Impala that chevy should have but was too cucked to. And don't tell me to get a different car and mod it because I'm in love with the look of this car. I absolutely love it.

What do you guys think? Is this feasible?

That's my car. I'm waiting for the center caps to come in for the wheels (like police vehicles) and I'm in the process of painting.

Sure it's possible, but it's still probably not the best plan to run with...

No

Sell it

if this is a joke it's real subtle

>4000lbs

yea, not unless you're a 400 lbs fatass. LS and LT cars are 3,555 lbs, and LTZ models are 3,649 lbs.
Don't exaggerate. It's not that bad.

That Impala should already have a 300 HP 36L V6 so you shouldn't need more power. That V6 already makes as much power as the 2006-2009 Impala SS with the 5.3L V8, and it's already among the fastest production Impala's to ever leave a GM Assembly line. Even the RWD B-body models weren't as fast.

No

It will cost 3x whatever you are budgeting and still suck cock.

For the amount of money you are proposing to finance, you could get a used Pontiac G8, SHO, E39 M6, maybe even an E60 M5 or any number of other cars. Spend a little more and get into a lightly used Chevy SS.

This won't go the way you think it would. It will always be a turd. A clapped out turd with less resale value than an abused stock rental tier chevy shitbox that it already is, no matter what you put into it.

You're out of your fucking mind OP. This is beyond trailer park tier.

I think this is bait. If it's not definitely pay off that piece of shit and just get a new car.

>300 HP 36L V6
*300 HP 3.6L V6

still pigfat rental tier poverty car w-body garbage

I learned long ago to never underestimate the stupidity and the silly, jingonistic patriotism of domestic car owners who still see some similarity between their modern shitboxes and stupid moronic muslce cars of five decades ago beyond the same hood ornament

The W-body isn't bad. It really isn't. Do some suspension mods (ZZPerformance recently released custom coilovers), some aftermarket non-nigger wheels, paint it black, and it's a pretty decent sleeper sport sedan. So you can't do sikk skids. What are you? 12? It has fully independent suspension, a powerful high tech 3.6L DOHC V6, a reliable automatic (more than could be said for OTHER W-body automatics), and a decently stiff chassis.
Make use of what you have instead of bitching it isn't cool. A turbo won't make the car any cooler.

no 300hp 36L sounds right for an American car

No it really IS bad. It never compared at all to contemporary Honda / Toyotas

Coilovers won't fix the strut and leaf spring shit setup of the W-body suspension.

>make sue of what you have...

More like a giant waste of resources that passed the point of diminishing returns the second you put a VatoZone flame steering wheel cover on it.

Fucking stupid Cletus. Wake the fuck up. Dale Sr is looking down from heaven and laughing his ass off at you.

>Coilovers won't fix the strut and leaf spring shit setup of the W-body suspension.
how retarded are you? Only Gen 1 W-body cars used the rear leafspring setup:
1988-1996 Pontiac Grand Prix
1988-1996 Buick Regal
1988-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1990-1994 Chevrolet Lumina.

Gen 1.5 cars on used a multi-link IRS with struts

That is the saddest looking multi link IRS setup that I've ever seen.

LOL @ those trailing arms!

>can't come up with a reasonable argument
>point and laugh because surely that will make me seem wrong somehow

Are you the pontiac apologist that spams this place up with fantasies of LQ1 and LG5 powered fieros that some drunk hillbilly retold as "the truth" while posting on some W-faggot proboards forum a decade and a half ago who alleged that he heard it from his brother who was some fat union slob in a detroit block casting waste slag pit foreman?

I've owned more than a few of these cars. They were the "cool" ones too. They are all junk. Even the later ones.

>everythings a conspiracy
>GM never killed any cool things to protect the Corvette

Get rid of that stinking piece of shit.

I currently own one, and I've spent more in repairs than I had originally spent on the vehicle. I can guarantee your AC will go out and make the notorious "clicking" noise under the dash and you're gonna have to repair that.

My 09 impala has been nothing but trouble, and I wouldn't suggest you buy one. If you already have one get rid of it as soon as you can.

No they didn't.

GM really is that fucking stupid. As soon as they get a product "right". Or as "right" as GM can make it, they discontinue it.

Corvette buyers don't care about performance. Their buyers buy the car for looks and perception amongst a segment of blue collar brained lumpenproles that managed to finagle a somewhat secure retirement, and wouldn't notice if you swapped the LSx with an iron duke because they never drive the car past 3/10ths anyways.

This is funny. Truly.

You pop up every now and then try to argue this same stupid bullshit. And every time some user proves you wrong and you go back into hiding. So yes I point and laugh name fag. I could waste time and just post old screenshots of your previous "wins", lol.

But no please keep posting, give us a breakdown on the 60v6 again! Just for old times sake.

WhaT car is that?

RX-8 with a GM W-body bodykit

>no facts or sources to support arguments
>meanwhile numerous sources for canceled GM projects
hmmm....

such as.....?

I've been on all of the GM forums and historical sources going back 20 years. I've heard a ton of stories and read hundreds of unsourced articles from the decades before that even. Back before internet, there was a lot more fish stories about what happens in Detroit, and reality. I know these cars better than you do I am certain. It took me far too long, but I finally now am comfortable in hating them. GM Deserves all of their criticism and more.

And you deserve the same treatment for continuing to support this damaged dynasty in le current year.

OP here. I left and came back to all these replies. Nice.

The regulators did break but I just unplug them. In the winter I plug it in and switch it to heat, in summer I plug it in and switch to cold. Not hard and worth not paying several hundred for new regulators. As for all the other problems, well you got a pre 12 model which is even more cucked. Its a 3.5 with a single exhaust pipe, less engine cooling and a shittier transmission. The 12s and up are way more reliable than their predasessors.

The power to weight is a joke. Yeah its fast but when I can barely beat 4bangers I need to make major modifications so I can barely beat mustang and cameros.

To everyone saying sell it, I'm not. I will gut everything till just the body of the car is left. I love the way it looks. I'm going to make it the car I want it to be. One of the first things is to upgrade those brakes. Ill be doing that in the coming months.

I sure hope so my dude, I actually have the 3.9 but it's stuck with a 4 speed auto, which sucks ass. At least you have the V6 with a 6 speed

OP again, yeah the chassis is alright but definitely feels like a boat. I put in strut tower bars and am going to upgrade all the suspension parts with lighter stronger parts over time.

The big things I'm going to finance as I said in the OP but things like the suspension, brakes and paint job are going to be done over the next year or two.

This is going to be a sleeper for sure.

this thread and the writer of it are a total joke

Fuck I wish I had that ppv package you have no idea.

The only thing I would give my impala up for is the caprice. But I don't really trust ppv vehicles after they've seen service. Of course I'm already planing or revamping so much I guess it wouldn't matter.

I don't get it.. Why? Lets say I won the lottery. Why wouldn't you do this? What's wrong with a vehicle customized to your desires?

It really isn't all that great. The torque is okay but there's not much horsepower to be had. I'd rather have your powertrain honestly

The turbo isn't to make it cooler... Not sure where you got that from but I want a turbo for more boost. I had the 1.8t be jetta a while back and I swear it had way more g force than this impala.

I feel for you user. If you haven't fixed those clicking regulators yet and they're still bothering you all you have to do is pull out the glove box and feel which one is clicking then unplug it when you have the climate control set to what you want. 2 of mine broke, both behind the glove box but theres one under the drivers side of the dash too. Just look up on YouTube how to replace it so you know how to access it and just unplug it.

ohh now you drop your name....lmao

what a fucking faggot

dont feed the lil troll

I don't think you know what subtle means.

18290 posts

WTF

Sort out your finances first. From the looks of it, this is a terrible idea financially and logically

>spending money on a shitty car
>not spending money on a car that you really want

You financed 14k on a used 2012 impala? That car is probably worth 4k at best now, kek. I know everything after the manual, rwd part is bait, but everything before it isnt. I laugh at you.

ummmm... a turbo actually will make the car more cool. Aaaaaaand there's always the side benefit of boost, dummy.

what?

>in love with the look

It's literally the most basic car on the road lmao it's literally just another literal sedan lmao kys

If you're this poor, don't spend money on customizing a car

>literally
>literal

kys first m8

Jesus christ this has to be a troll.

>financing 20 grand on a car that's worth $10,000
Bad.
>using something you don't own as collateral
Worse.
>using the loan to modify the collateral
Stop.
>turbo
STOP
>automatic
PLEASE STOP
>FWD
god is dead

>don't tell me to get a different car
I'm also not going to tell you to put your dick in a blender.

And this is why I actually hate car people now.

You're all fucking autistic imbecile manchildren with unrealistic expectations.

this poster is correct. no human being will ever notice an impala (or a caprice... the op's other dream car).

stay literally btfo

I'm really impressed by how much nonsense you can cram into one post.

kek i like you

OP get rid of that piece of shit. Its slower than literally any other 6cyl economy car. You will get smoked by v6 camrys. altimas, and accords. After all those upgrades (which will cost about 20k) you will still get smoked by any real preformance car. Even a wrx will embarrass you.

Your car is a slow piece of shit and automatic what did you expect us to say?

Why bother trying to make this car cool...? It'll never be cool, for that price you could have gotten a professionally restored...anything, really.

Jesus this is hard to read

Just buy another car and keep the impala as a daily.
The impala especially the 2016 where the 3.6 was standard is mean to be comfortable and reach highway speeds without any problems.
Also it look awful so fuck you and get a camaro ss or coyote 5.0 mustang when you can buy one.

Austism.

Ok OP here again. What if I added an engine swap? The engine bay is plenty big enough for a v8 and with the weight reduction and rwd it could be a real performance car. I mean even just a twin turbo would bring it up to that level. I know its a plain car but I like that. I want a sleeper. I want a car everyone thinks is shit to be impressed when I pop the hood.

this has to be bait

ITS NOT FUCKING BAIT! JESUS!

What is so hard for you people to get here? Is it because you just don't like the body style because I'm changing everything else but that. You can't complain about the suspension brakes or power train cuz its all going to be replaced. Money is no obstruction.

What is wrong with my dreams?

you should take that money and buy a better car
something amazing like the 2013 chevy sonic

Funny thing I actually have been looking at Sonics because the body reminds me of a super compact lancer or evo. I would only get it as a daily driver tho. That or a civic.

i honestly prefer it to my civic,

but seriously bruh just leave the impala stock and go buy a project car like a camaro or something

Fine. Fine. I'm keeping the impala even if I get another car and if I win the lottery ill show you guys. I will prove you all wrong.