Is it Veeky Forumsur aut/o/?

It appears to be flawless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This car looks amazing if you're blind

Why are modern cars so terrible looking

That grille is just atrocious, soon the entire front end will be the grille

Probably the fastest reliable day to day driver you can take to the track too. I don't understand why people dislike this car so much. You are literally safe buying this vehicle.

how can a car that's going to be released in half a year be reliable? lol
and who would take a luxury sedan to a race track?
wtf

Stupid pedestrian safety requirements basically mandate flatnosed cars, so every designer is trying to use visual tricks to create the illusion of the sporty wedge shape.

Because it's a Toyota.

100k miles is considered the break-in period.

Damn you can't rev it above 4500 rpm for 100k miles?

>twin turbo v6
>no NA v8
why lexus why

>4 doors
>flawless

This car is so nice. Might pick it up next year if the lease deals are good!

looks worse than an acura, barely.

>Not from the late 80s/early 90s
No

GS-F might be something for you, but then again it's not an LS :/

Do most Toyota drivers?

Think about it.

This is impressive.

Finally a Lexus interior that doesn't look like a 90s Toyota interior.

100 too many LSs

It's so nondescript. It's like Normal Spongebob.

I can at least appreciate the fact that Lexus is no longer boring and safe with their designs. They do stand out.

Kek. I was gonna say...yeah it's flawless because OP can't see.

Definitely. The oil consumption is off the charts for at least 100K on Toyotas.

I was thinking this myself when I saw the pictures.

The S-Class just looks like a bar of soap to me, and the refresh doesn't add any more elegance, what with the Adidas 3-stripe LEDs and overall busy as hell headlights and whatnot. (That steering wheel design went from bad to worse too.)

The 7-Series has always looked like a gigantic 3-Series, which has never been an elegant looking car to start with. Plus, can't get over the hockey sticks on the side air dams.

The A8 has always looked like a gigantic A4... The current design is as old as dirt, but you just know the next gen is going to look exactly like the new gen A4, because the cycle will continue.

The new LS both normal and F Sport are the clear standout. I'm so impressed with the interior alone... Lexus finally went all out and decided to make pure art here. And sure, this could potentially be mistaken for a GS/IS on occasion, but that swoopy side profile and the other little attention to detail they did here will be so distinctive to me.

Lexus had the most to prove with this redesign, and they delivered in my eyes.

>V6
>in a Lexus LS
How the hell could Lexus have fucked up this bad???

Fucking DROPPED

I'm expecting them to offer the 5.0 liter V8 from the GSF at some point.

It is kind of ironic that over the last few years, the only car in he large luxury saloon market that had a V8 as the base motor was the jap entry.

jesus christ does god himself drive that?

Nice camry

Nice old memes

Why does Veeky Forums hate Lexus?

They're the Mercedes we all wished and hoped for. Gorgeous interiors meets modern exteriors wrapped in trouble-free manufacturing and reliability. No electrical gremlins after warranty, and dead simple repairs (timing belt replacement on 100k mile+ examples is dead simple).

I lust after an LS. I want a 460 so bad. I drive a Hyundai currently and pray for the day I find a low mileage LS 460 in white with the L-Select Black/Brown interior at under $40k.

>Lexus LS
>anything other than a V8
You had one job....

I hope you buy a lexus and never drive it because you dont have the money to repair it
Mercedes is Mercedes what the fuck sort of comparison are you trying to do
have fun with your shitty overpriced toyotas

>lexus
>repair

First time on Veeky Forums?

ever owned a car?

Lel.

I was just driving this morning and had an IS-F in front of me and an M4 to my right. I'm not really a fan of BMW (mostly the fanbois who ruin it) but just looking at the two next to eachother, I would take the BMW everytime.

The new Lexus design is fucking terrible anyway, Toyota too. The IS line used to actually look like a "Sports Sedan" and now it looks like a tryhard Kia or something.

Yes?

I've owned a 95 Camry, an 01 PT Cruiser, an 05 Lex ES and now a 15 Hyundai Sonata.

The Camry and ES had no issues whatsoever. Toyota makes reliable shit, the Lexus LS perhaps being the most-reliable product the entire company produces.

I'll ask again: first time on Veeky Forums?

>actually bought a meme cruiser
>sold his lexus to buy a hyundai
>thinks his opinion is valid
wew lad

>literally asked what cars I've owned
>answered
>faggot wont post what cars he's owned
>thinks anyone was taking his opinions seriously in the first place

Oh dear...

FPBP
P
B
P

>didnt ask me what cars I have owned
>butthurt when I dont say what cars I have owned
you clearly sold your lexus to buy a newer more reliable car because you got fucked by having to pay for lexus repairs 24/7

oh dear

>sold it

I gave it to my mother. That's how reliable it is.
Nobody cares what cars you've owned, because you haven't owned many if you think Lexus isn't the most reliable brand.

>I gave it to my mother. That's how reliable it is.
oh sorry I was wrong all along
I see it now
I see everything
Lexus is clearly the most reliable car ever
Thanks for proving your point with reliable evidence of it

You're welcome user. Anytime.

my first car was a '98 Camry with about 60k miles on it, I'd floor that fucker all the time

>J.D. Power
youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw

>Youtube

A lot of Lexus parts are shared with Toyota part numbers.

A cross reference of LS parts against Toyota V8 trucks is quite surprising.

>lexus
>expensive to maintain
>mercedes is so much better
how is your first day on Veeky Forums user?

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Fuck modern lexus man. even the looks of it look unbearable for the eyes.

This is poor bait.

>V6 LS
For what purpose?

>100k miles is considered the break-in period.
Holy shit..
You are literally fucking retarded

4.5s 0-60

You got kia's almost as fast now.

Increasing mpg and emissions regulations around the globe?

Who really cares when it makes more power than any previous V8 LS though?

2 less cylinders, 60 more hp. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds is a feat for a large car like this with only 6 cylinders.

No u.

People think 200k miles on a vehicle is a feat.

Lexus models around the globe are going 400k+ miles without any major issues.

Tell that to my friends SC, it is constantly leaking oil, and already had one engine replaced.

Maybe your "friend" shouldn't neglect regular maintenance....

You probably never owned a 2jz powered car, they arent as reliable as you think.

too many doors

Looks terrible in yellow.

If Lexus adopted that kind of mentality when they launched the original LS 400, the brand would've died in the '90s.

Why is there a braun shaver taped to the front end?

so the hipster driving it can always have the perfect amount of stubble

Lexus interiors for the past 3 years are pure crap:

* leather feels like it's 1mm thick, wrinkles, and stretches in stupid places (door cards, arm rests...)
* too many layers, too many lines...
* Like most things Lexus LS since it was created, this is a thinly veiled crib of the S-Class lines

Lexus IS imitation...has been from day one. I'm not saying they're all-around bad cars (I have one in the garage...my wife's...) but every car they make will always be a cheap imitation of a better car, usually a Mercedes.

And the grills since 2013....enough to keep me from buying those year models, forever.

The leather on this door panel looks thicker than 1mm to me. Also doesn't look like it will wrinkle any time soon.

You sound like a faggot that has never actually sat in one. (You don't have a wife.)

pics

nobody FUCKING CARES YOU FUCK

who are these fucking people wasting their time photo shopping car photos to make them look like
FUCKING KID TOYS

WHAT DOES THAT DO FOR ANYONE

FUCK OFF

well said m8

The LS400 wasn't much of a S class copycat considering that the ride was more Crown Victoria than anything else and so was the V8 engine. They wanted to beat the Germans in the American market so they designed the car for American tastes.

The design took elements from the S class but Toyota made it their own. Nothing from Mercedes or BMW at the time was as clean and minimal as the LS400. The UCF20 still looks fairly recent. The only way to tell that it isn't a recent car is the lack of LEDs and the large headlight lenses as everything these days has slits for headlights.

autism screams

the interior is great

but that front, oh my god

it's so fucking hideous.

they have to stop it with that goddamn gaping front grill

Where's the bumper?

Is that really a screen - behind the shiftknob?

The Lexus grille's are fine, I even like them now.

I think the complaints about the grille are unnecessary at this point. The grille was a copy of current design trends in the first place. (Pic related.). Everybody from Hyundai to Lincoln is using this cascading grille now. The Lexus grille is at least different.

The first batch of spindle grille Lexii(?) did look absolutely terrible, like they were grafted on as an afterthought, but the new ones are much more elegant as they are nicely integrated into the overall origami-like design paradigm of the entire Lexus profile.

Just be thankful that Lexus is no longer taking soapbar European designs and making them even more boring. Lexus design has finally stopped having an identity crisis and now looks authentically Japanese.

It's a rebadged corolla.

He's right though.

To have to severely photoshop an image to make a stupid point is retarded.

>agreeing with yourself

Autism continues to scream.

That. is. so. fucking. ugly. Look at those knobs above the steering wheel, what the fuck? And that color? This looks like a 2000's Lincoln, gtfo here

stay mad, nigger.

I'm not the one having a meltdown

>t. the blind

Neither am I.

Stop defending retardation, unless you yourself are also retarded.

>I'm not having a meltdown
>he said while in the middle of a meltdown

lol

>retarded

Confirmed.

>crying bitchbaby in the middle of a meltdown

Confirmed, but we all already knew that.

>buick is 3rd best
>ferd is 2nd worst

>It appears to be flawless.

No, it appears to not have a V8.

200 less lbs, lower center of gravity, closer equal weight distribution, more acoustic soundproofing, two turbos and two extra gears says you won't notice the two missing cylinders at all.

I personally wish they would have made it a turbo I6 instead for even more smoothness, weight distribution can suck on these cars seeing as how they were never designed to be sports cars to begin with.

Also they could use that same engine in the Supra whenever that happens.

>Automatic only

Fuck off.

>Lexus design has finally stopped having an identity crisis and now looks authentically Japanese

As soon as Japan stopped imitating foreign car designs/hiring foreign designers they started looking like shit.

Looking "authentically Japanese" is hardly a compliment.

Idk what's going on with 'Yota.

They're doing "quirky" well (pic related) but the new Camry is just wrong. Agreed.

It's funny that you believe that none of that is possible with V8.

Also, it's hilarious that you are worried about weight distribution and a few pounds in weight savings on a 2-ton luxury sedan.

still not as cool as my detachable NRG wheel and hub....

I mean, it's literally 1.3 seconds quicker to 60mph than the outgoing model, and will emit less pollution into the air with better fuel economy to boot (according to them, those actual figures haven't been release yet).

What's the point of having 8 cylinders just because the number 8 sounds good on a spec sheet, when they improved every other aspect of performance?

best lexus, there's one near me in the sweet green and gold tone with a factory 1UZ.

Why does something have to stand out? The point of the luxury sedan was for the driver to enjoy the comfy. It's not for other people to look at it and think about how much money they have.

If I didn't have an LS400 I would probably get a phaeton.