Originally called, and known through the rest of the world as the MX-5 or Roadster

>Originally called, and known through the rest of the world as the MX-5 or Roadster.
>For some faggy reason, market it as MIATA in America because it's the fucking 90s.
>Mazda moves to call it globally as MX-5
>Americlaps still call it MIATA

Seriously. Who the fuck thought calling it that was a good idea? Iconic status aside, you've got to admit that the name is incredibly fucking faggy and stupid. Probably why MX-5 can't shake the "hairdresser car" designation because faggots and closet faggots keep using that name.

How the fuck does Miata sound gay?

speak english.

the fucking word begs to be spoken with a lisp.

>soft lines
>convertible
>weak
>commonly driven by actual fags
yeah dude naming it mx-5 will make it totally badass and appeal to the average american male
>implying the miata isn't known as a faggot car worldwide

someone with an actual lisp wouldn't even differentiate in how they pronounce it you actual fucking retard
what a waste of a thread

It's an old Germanic word you uncultured ape.

What??

>brands a car for American market
>uses alleged old High Germanic word for "reward"
>ITS A MIYATA, U GUYETHH

Yeah, that worked out well.

I think Miata is a cute name, you can't convince me not to use it

its the highest selling roadster of all time
ill go as far to call it the highest selling sports car of all time, no shit it worked out well.

They could call it the fag-mobile and I'd still consider getting one because they are cheap fun.

>American cars have names for decades, Roadmaster, Century, Cutlass, Aero, Bonneville, DeVille, Mustang, Firebird...
>introduce car into America, give it a name to fit in, call it a Miata
>American car companies start giving their cars alphanumerical codes to seem more modern
>Mazda does the same, changes American market name to MX-5
>people still call it a miata
this is the same country that spends extra money to have a 392 HEMI instead of a 6.2L HEMI

I like how they started calling it MX-5 on the NC platform, mainly because it is a proper sports car

392 ci is 6.4L

Still defending worse gen xDdD

Well, they are the dumbest people on earth so numbers and letters are a little complicated for your average joe

Ikr, making the furfag sperg is so fun

lol, how does it feel to know you will never have a house as big as 89 IQ Cletus or a car as fast as his no matter how hard you work

*grabs the keyboard*
to be without a home

I'll probably have a better house and car than you tho, but no worries mate i chose to follow capitalism. I wasn't forced to.

i've been brainwashed by americans on Veeky Forums into calling mine a miata even though i'm in europe

same goes for referring them to NA, NB etc whereas people call them mk1, mk2 and so on here

How do you lisp if there are no sibilants?

>Probably why MX-5 can't shake the "hairdresser car" designation because faggots and closet faggots keep using that name.
imo its reputation as a shitty fake sports car has more to do with its actually being a shitty fake sports car than with the name. just my 2 cents.

Yeah that s in Miata is just begging for it

just like you beg for dicks

The Miata would still be an effeminate vehicle even if it was called the Pussy Destroyer XL because it's small and cute and curvy. You drive a gay car, deal with it.

>Pussy Destroyer XL
I should totally rebadge my Miata as this

It was designed in California by Americans, Miata is its original name