/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Our Lord and Savior Edition

Died waiting for the 27th >Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (shitty players, but showcases some weapons): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
Gamespot first boss fight (SPOILERS): youtu.be/ttTyzbyUtTs

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4aMniXMAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for no patch notes

27th. COME. COME YOU FAGGOT.

Second for DS2>DS3

Hello yes what is the single best fashion combo in Dark Souls 3?

Loincloth
Javelin
Wolnir's Crown

I really like Shrine of Amana but damn did dodging and killing and watching to ledges get old fast

This is it lads
The last Dark Souls 3 major patch

The last Dark Souls patch

How badly are they going to fuck it up?

Anything generic and knightly

N E C K S E A M S

Gundyr's gauntlets go with everything.

t. Son of Kangz

A neck seam is the transition between the head and body mesh where it looks like it's been stitched on, it's nothing at all related to dumb characters not knowing what coifs or gorgets are for

>balancing a single player game

Naming yourself Artorias and using anything but the Wolf Knight set.

The Fire is the sun. When a star dies it collapses on itself creating a black hole. As a black hole forms it sucks everything into it, and within a certain distance light cannot escape. The lands are converging because the collapsing fire is a black hole. The Kiln is inside the event horizon, where the world has collapsed in onto itself creating a crushed landscape of different lands.

When an event like the death of a star occurs, it doesn't occur everywhere simultaneously, because information takes time to propagate. If a star has collapsed then an observer closer to the star sees light disappear first, while a distant observer doesn't experience any change at all. Dark Firelink is closer to the dying star so the light 'disappears' at Firelink before it disappears anywhere else in the world. Light Firelink is the image of Firelink trapped on the event horizon, frozen in time at the moment before the end of the world.

We're trapped in time on this event horizon, fated to fail over and over again to re-ignite the fusion reaction which fuels the star. We have to use the power of the Lord vessel to travel out of this area, collect fuel from the moment before the world ends, and then travel back into the event horizon to chuck it on the fire. As we move through locations we are functionally moving through time, because a single moment like the death of a star doesn't occur simultaneously everywhere, but instead travels outwards through space like a ripple. You could interpret this as all of DS3 taking place in a single moment before the end of the world.

t.BadScienceVaati

Who the fuck deletes a perfectly fine slightly early thread for an edition?

Assassin's hood
Assassin's coat
Nameless K***ht gloves
Herald trousers

Lightweight, comfy, efficient

>Dark Souls 3
>Fashion

Best joke to come out of /dsg/

I made a new one because the last one was dull, but I have no photoshop talent so it looks like arse. Enjoy yourselves anyway.

the firekeeper's clothes are all top-tier for chicks. I really like the big hat too, although I'd prefer if there were also maskless and hatless versions. Anything of Lautrec with archdeacon gown.
My favourite pyrohexer fashion and maximum comfy would be the blindfold with dragonscale armor. Not sure about the gloves and feet, maybe firekeeper and grave warden.

I'm trying out Dorhy's Gnawing on bossfights and it's awesome. From my wiki research the bleed effect is independent of scaling or talisman/chime strength. So is it correct I should just use whatever can cast it the fastest? Sage ring + saint tree bellvine chime would be all I need to get the most out of it?

Test dummy here, rolling

Patch notes should've been here 3 hours ago, I wonder what's up?

patch notes aren't due for 21 hours

>Greatweapons
>R2s only
% weight
>+5 before Deacons/Watchers

Balance is important to make sure that the breadth of gameplay options and mechanics available feel rewarding and worthwhile.

A shitty game is one where you have a dozen attacks but only one worth using. Your game might have complexity, but in practice it's shallow as mud. Bad balance has kept a lot of options in DaS3 from being worthwhile for single player, and that affects the overall singleplayer experience. When a player looks for a new weapon to try and finds everything is shittier than their straightsword, it affects their enjoyment of the game. When a person considers trying a caster playstyle only to find that it's weak and tedious and has only a couple good spells while the vast majority are terrible, it definitely impacts their experience.

What's worse is that since the player obviously doesn't want to trial-and-error through 50 spells to find the few good ones, the fact that there's so many bad spells is intimidating.

Imagine being a guy on your first playthrough with a spare attunement slot (since the knight starts with one) and looking through the list of possible buffs you could attune and the spells with low reqs you could afford. How the hell are you gonna know if Carthus Beacon is worth the stat investment? Given how shit most spells are, you make the safe assumption that this spell will be shit, too, and instead just stick to playing without spells in general because every option seems like a loser.

I wouldn't say it's the last patch, they may release at least one more to balance DLC shit after it's been put through its paces by the playerbase

what if it it ends up being 50 weapons that do the exact same thing ???

>194
>Fully unlocked Greatweapon doing R2s only. Clearing the DLC early while repeatedly invading.

>removes Ringed Knight Sword WA
please

>When a star dies it collapses on itself creating a black hole.
wrong
only really big stars do that.

Oooh that's a good one.

Think you do the +5 by dipping into Ariandel to bumrush the 2 giant wolves.

that's poor balancing

they'll just change it from a 4hit combo to a 2hit combo like everything else

sorry ur post looks well thought out and i'm stupid :c

It might not deal much damage. It's a quad scaling weapon and the footage we've seen is from very high level characters, where it was hitting 800 odd. Drop that number to account for stats at 120 and you've got combo damage that's not hugely out of line. I also seem to remember it bouncing off a shield.

allright I just tried it out, no rings but sages (+0), bell vine with no upgrades @ 45 faith adn it was still bleeding like crazy against Oceiros. Kind puts the other miracles to shame as far as pure PvE goes.

Yeah, bleed is nuts because it does % damage, not flat

More HP = bigger ouchies

>Kinda puts the other miracles to shame as far as pure PvE goes.
that's not something to brag about, unfortunately

Really want to roll a new character for TRC, but ME:A comes out tomorrow =/

>but ME:A comes out tomorrow
kill yourself

>watching my brother die repeatedly to the Anor Londo silver knight archers
Brings back memories.

That would tend to be a failure of concepting. Like in DaS2, for example, every magic school does damage the same way, with a fast and spammable ranged projectile that has a bit of tracking. It isn't really variety.

You can fix this through balancing, though. For example, the main distinction between lightning spear and soul arrow is that the former does double-damage in melee. That gives it some unique identity and distinct use. The problem is that, currently, that spell is too weak relative to the way it hurts things.

In some cases you can add variety by introducing distinct numerical strengths and weaknesses (executioner's GS is buffable single-stat but weak AR without buffs, wolf knight is unbuffable quality but strong with just scaling). In a lot of cases with DaS3, things are already unique and interesting, they just suck. They fail to be attractive options despite the potential for unique gameplay because they don't have big enough numbers to have a meaningful impact. Carthus beacon is a good example: you waste two attunement slots and a small number of caster stats for a blessed weapon buff that lasts half the duration of BW and potentially gets slightly stronger after you've already killed everything within reach. The duration is too short considering its long setup time, and the actual impact on your gameplay is minimal because the damage increase is marginal.

DaS3 is full of options that are like that: high oppourtunity cost for low returns, or just low returns in general that make you question "why bother?"

Should I give a shit about poise if I'm using a greatsword?

Fuck. I'm trying to put together a strength/faith build for the dlc. What are the best faith weapons?

can't wait for darkdrift to get another 10AR boost at 40/10

or maybe they nerf sorceries more and make the crown do nothing?

or maybe nerf yhorms just like they raped FUGS

Nah, I'm alright, but you should really think about it. If you feel so strongly against other people playing different games, then obviously you have some problems.

what's ME:A?

it's not playing different games, it's supporting shitty companies

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Minority Eraser: Aryan edition

>buying ME:A

>implying Bamco isn't a shitty company

I just realised he's using a +0 Claymore in Anor Londo. No wonder it took like 6 backstabs to kill a single silver knight.

OandS may break him if he doesn't find the Giant Blacksmith.

some miracles are pretty good at PvE though since you can exploit boss patterns and support everybody

side note, I tried using replenishment, anri's sword and a blessed parrying dagger to see if the regen was worth it at all. Awful. I only have 30 vig and it was barely trickling in. You are better off just off handing a simple infused weapon and using the FP to cast healing miracles instead. For long levels where I'll probably run out of estus I take two simple parrying daggers. always one offhand unless I'm casting and if there is a lull in the battle I swap my primary weapon for the other.

they can do no wrong

Why not? Cause of the shitty facial animations and sub par voice acting? How is this any different than other Bioware games. It's amusing to me how shocked people are when something that always happens happens.

They'll likely have one more patch before TFF Edition is out, in April. I expect that to be the final one.

>How is this any different than other Bioware games.
clearly you haven't seen the team behind it

So for a lv30-35-40 sorcerer you just go all about INT and use a simple gem in a longsword in Ds3?

PATCH NOTES WHEN?

>Like in DaS2, for example, every magic school does damage the same way, with a fast and spammable ranged projectile that has a bit of tracking.
Aside from upgraded versions of the same spells, that isn't really the case.
DaS2 has the most varied spells in the series.

Tomorrow, at 10am Central Europe Time.

>enemy jumps in the air
>instant iframes
>i jump in the air
>receive counter damage
XDD

lmao
It's going to be a broken ass game with terrible writing and gameplay, but hey you get to have terribly animated sex with blue space shrek
The ending has you merge with your robot AI mother which is retarded as well

fuck off please

Still waiting on what is different in the actual game

So who's going to be the last boss of the series, lads? I'm thinking it's going to be the serpents, the furtive pygmy, or Velka.

Anyone thinking From could surprise us with the final boss, like by having it be a minor character from the lore?

>simple gem in a longsword in Ds3?

if you're going all out on int you should also go all out on equipment: dusk crown and candlestick while blasting away with court sorcerer staff

MEA is a steaming pile of shit, just like every bioware game since dragon age origins and mass effect 1

solaire

Ludleth

he did say he would die a collosus

It's a (poorly made) sims dating game for tumblr faggots, by tumblr faggots, not a cool colonial sci fi exploration game

Not everything that's bad in DS3 is also uniquely interesting, but yea I absolutely agree with the principle. It's heartbreaking when some of the options with the best internal balancing of their strengths and weaknesses are made redundant by one other extremely boring option that happens to be overtuned.

Friede's Scythe by itself is a fantastically designed weapon. It has uses for its entire moveset including both WA's, 1H and 2H R1s and R2s, they all have something going for them and are balanced well against each other. Then you stick it in a game where the whole weapon itself is bad because the numbers don't compete with a SS 1HR1.

if the hitboxes arent taking it srsly neither should you.

post yfw the ultimate secret end boss is actually unbeatable, doesn't show a healthbar when you hit him and he delevels you everytime he kills you. The only way to 'beat' him is through dialogue options with NPCs that turn him friendly.

good burial gift for both cleric and sorcerer?

I usually just pick the white branch because then the giant starts out friendly, saving you an elevator ride to befriend him.

I'll roll for this

t. Toby Fox

fgsfds

>sorc only
>70+ carry weight
>use every CREO

welp

Is it the 27th yet?

I guess it's time to get wasted and invade people whilst drunk again. That makes the days go faster.

>You died
>But you refused
Ebin :-DD

anyone want to summon for demon frog song

>Greatweapon running R2s only and kill all 3 Crabs with Dried finger on.

manus
aka primeval man
aka the pigmy

I would absolutely love it if I got in there and the boss name showed up as 'The Primordial Serpent,'

it's Frampt and Kaathe revealed to be two sides of one serpent, now incredibly aged and gone hollow themselves

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4aMniXMAw

>you get reduced to SL0 but refuse to stay down.

>two sides
>not 10
>non-pygmy based life
>going hollow

I'm on PC btw. Does soul memory matter when summoning for a boss? I'm 1096944

>tfw I didn't even realize I was making an undertale reference.
tfw I realize I'd love it even more as an undertale reference

>5AM EST
>2AM PST
Why?

They're still making up notes to look like they did their homework

I think you forgot that there's like 8 or so of those serpents, and that both frampt and kaath are on your side if you go dark lord