You are a levied Persian conscript to be used as front- line fodder marching into the battle of Gaugamela...

You are a levied Persian conscript to be used as front- line fodder marching into the battle of Gaugamela. What is going through your mind?

My god, even for Veeky Forums you're a fucking nerd of the highest order.

>What is going through your mind?

A Greek spear.

kek

/thread

Wonder why am I a levy since the average Persian trooper of the Achamaenid period is from a professional Satrapal army.

If I'd have to wear that i'd think a pajama party would be happening.

kek
W-hy.. i mean compared to the mountains of degeneracy and autism that can be found in this Taiwanese doorknob forum, is a harmless shitpost made out of boredom and total war games so bad?

Weren't the immortal guard and a handful other really the only full time soldiers in the Persian army? Honestly asking, because it would seem rather expensive for such a empire to have a fighting force made up mostly of full time soldiers

Because those guys got killed or scattered at Issus and the empire is officially in desperation mode.

I only knew love when I knew love of thee.

I sealed up my heart against thy enemy

I stood long in converse with thee who doth see

My hearts inner secrets but thou I don't see

Nope. The Persian Empire's army is really like this.
>The Native Persian Army + the militaries of it's subject peoples + mercenaries
Poof, finish.

the native Persian army is actually pretty small compared to the entire Persian military. The average Satrapal army consists of professional soldiers paid in land grants by the Persian empire. This was the military class Herodotus spoke about, who raised their sons to "learn how to ride, shoot true, and speak only the truth." The Satrap gathers these troops, alongside with the troops of the subject nations that happen to be inside his satrapy. Under him, he presents this to the Persian King to form the army of the realm.

The Immortals, in turn, are the Persian King's *own* army. Achaemenid Persia's army had this pseudo-feudalish set-up, you see. Unlike the Satrapies, they werent raised from a single territory. Rather, they are the best soldiers from all the Satrapal armies promoted out of their Satrap's regiments and into the king's. The real bodyguard of the Persian King is the Khûveshâvagânê (literally: Kinsmen). An elite body of armored cavalrymen.

Rout immediately after the first row of pila hits my unit.

My love is twin loves yet the twain are for thee.

The first's for thy love and the other's for thee...

And as for the first which is love of thy love:

Remembrance complete not distracted from thee..

My feet hurt.

mfw killed as a traitor

>Zarafama didn't mire' my new spear
>this garb makes my neck look fat
>I wish I was at home killing Scythians

And as for the second :my true love of thee.

I see thou as present in all that I see

All praise to thy name and no praises for me

For thine is the glory in all unity

I only knew love when I knew love of thee...

Why was eastern infantry so shit compared to hoplites ?

I don't want to die in one of those ridiculous pink outfits

>That standard-bearer

Who knew that warfare could be so comfy?

Different building blocks of your society leading to different people armed in different ways and with different levels of motivation n turn leading to different tactics which further leads to different equipment.

Societies made of of lots of smaller upper nad middle class landowners are better motivated to win a battle, and are naturally going to be wall armed on an individual level, at least relevant to their context.

Why am I wearing this gay ass pink dress.

I wish I was baking mud bricks and taking a fat ogre shit.