Nissan has made Nismo into even more of a joke than AMG and has no new Z/S/R cars planned

>Nissan has made Nismo into even more of a joke than AMG and has no new Z/S/R cars planned
>Subaru has become one of the most safe and boring manufacturers in the world
>Mazda doesn't have any cars with 200+ HP unless you want a giant crossover, has killed off Mazdaspeed
>Toyota has appallingly bad styling and refuses to give the 86 a performance bump 5 years later
>Honda is shitting the bed in every motorsport besides Indycar, the new NSX is the Duke Nukem Forever of cars, no more 8000+ RPM screamers
>Mitsubishi has literally just given up entirely and doesn't make a single worthwhile vehicle

When is Japan going to make a comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/toyota-0-60-mph-times/
0-60specs.com/toyota-86-0-60-times/
evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/page/0/1
parkers.co.uk/toyota/gt86/coupe-2012/specs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when someone tells suzuki how bad things are
they'll start stuffing hayabusas into swifts

when japan turns the economy back on

It's Korea time, bitch

the world you once knew is never coming back, japan is merely a decade ahead of the west in terms of economic degredation and the crisis that hits there will be a chance for us to learn what the fuck to do when it hits here

>Genesis Coupe is a shittier V6 Mustang
>Veloster is a less fun than an ST
>Kia GT is paddle shifters only

They got a lot of work to do

They will more than likely never come back.

>Nissan will never twin turbo charge the 370z and put it on an updated platform and call it the 370ZX. They won't stuff that turbo 4 cylinder in a light rear wheel drive car for a S16 either. And why make the GTR an actual super car anyway.
>Mazda already bitched out of 'RX-Vision'.
>Toyota can't into demographics, but maybe a supra is in the work?
Honda.
>Mitsubishi is dead as fuck.

Turbo 4 from the Nismo juke I mean.

Honda hurts the most. They used to be the best manufacturer around, hands down, no contest.

I have a second gen Fit. It really does seem like it's Honda's last good car.
>no infotainment system
>no CVT
>small
>fun to drive

Everything in their lineup has a CVT, and manuals are only offered on specific trims (typically the low trims).
Everything has a shitty infotainment system, even on base models. Want to turn up the radio? Dig through a menu and use the slider on the fucking tablet.
Everything is fucking huge and looks like a bloated tick.

Toyota is the same way
>"hey guys let's over price the Toyota Corolla sport because of the 5 extra horsepower and those other slight changes on the dash"
>no body buys them for that reason
>"wtf guys why is no one buying the corolla sport?"
Toyotas logic right now.

I never understand o's autism to infotainment systems. Mazda is currently the best. But with Android Auto, I never touch Honda's system in my Civic. I wish just they gave me a volume knob and a tuner knob. Atleast Honda has realized this and is fixing it in newer vehicles. Non-infotainment cars suck dick. Guess Veeky Forums will forever be stuck in 1995.

This thread makes me sad.

>Toyota has appallingly bad styling and refuses to give the 86 a performance bump 5 years later

2012 toyota 86 0-60 time is 7.6 seconds

2017 toyota 86 0-60 time is 6.2 seconds

really makes you think desu

if you're not just baiting that is obvi just the auto and manual times

Your a moron
Nismo has made cosmetic parts since forever and the Z replacement is due for Tokyo this year.

zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/toyota-0-60-mph-times/

scroll down to toyota 86 click more info

it isnt m88

Yeah, that totally looks like a worthwhile non-shit website.

The 2017 models have a bit more torque and shorter gears, but they're not over a second faster.

Toyota Supra is being made with BMW
Nissan is doing a new Z based on last yrs new Infiniti 3L TT engine
Honda back doing Civic TypeR

Subaru and Mitsubishi I agree on tho

That's why I classify the Genesis as a better Toybaru

0-60specs.com/toyota-86-0-60-times/

evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/page/0/1

parkers.co.uk/toyota/gt86/coupe-2012/specs/

friendo

Sgp update 2020. Mitsubishi was never good.

i looking at a 2013 genesis 3.8 for 350 a month pretty worth. for 19k

get a 5.0 already

The chassis, driving position, interior, suspension, steering, shifter, sound, etc makes the Toyobaru a better sports car than a Genesis. It's not just about numbers. Replace the stock drift tires with a decent summer tire and it'll keep up on a track with less power no problem.

ill never buy an ugly korean car

arent those like sedan and weight a fuck ton. more like a mercedez car

Because they're annoying to use and a danger to everyone on the road because some fuckwit is three layers deep into the menu to find the volume slider while doing 75 on the freeway.
Plus technology rapidly changes. Can you imagine how dated car infotainment systems will be when these cars hit the used market in 10 years?

I want S-Chassis back :,(

>le three layers deep for volume maymay

every single one of the infotainment things ive used either has a volume control on the wheel or its on the main page

At the Fuji 500 Super GT race one of the narrators commented on the new GTR, and how it's going to be lower than the current model.

So yeah, Nissan is sort of keeping up at least with their line up of two cars.

And Honda just brakes my heart. Oh, Honda...

Well, at least they have the S660.

This. Cars are a mirror of the economy. Economy in the shitter = cars in the shitter. The American economy was at its height in the '50s, as were the cars, and has been in the shitter since the '70s and only slightly rebounded in the '90s, and even then only to make cars bigger again, not better.

You could've criticized so many things about Korean cars but you chose design.

Recent Hyundais look great thanks to Audi designers. Leaves terribad Toyota Nissan Honda designs in the dust.

You absolutely fucked it up.

Not many people claim that the Geneisis coupe is better than any similar competitors. Not that it matters because Hyundai/Kia isn't even focusing on performance cars and the Genesis is only a full-demo for their eventual performance foray in the future.

The point is that Korean cars are slowly taking over the economy car market that Japanese brands took for granted for several decades without even trying. Even American and European cars are making a comeback. Japan really has to step it up and stop relying on brand name and "muh Japanese reliability." They've been recalling more and more since the last 10 years.

This is what 20 years of complacency does to a car manufacturer. They just stop caring.

Time for a shakeup

>Volume
Use the fucking steering wheel.

>Dated
Cars will always be fucking dated. Cars from 10 years ago didn't even come with traction control standard or even an aux jack.

However, when manufactures decide to put the HVAC controls in the infotainment system, is when I get triggered. They should ALWAYS be separate.

Well, they surpassed Japan in shipbuilding and electronics when Japan least expected it so anything is possible

they realized they fucked up with the lack of volume knob and i've read a few things that sat they're going to unfuck it
>Everything has a shitty infotainment system, even on base models.
that's just part of the world we live in

Sounds like the 70s back when their most exciting car was the Celica Cressida and crown

If u want fun jap cars go get a Lexus

Regular Toyota has been dogshit since 2000

As for other jap brands everything is shit these days

the prius was never a good looking car

I'll give you that. But it's another feat to make something people thought couldn't be uglier actually uglier.

It's a special kind of special.

Perhaps Lexus is more fun, bt they really have to fix their design. That darth vader grille is just das.

yeah true
and to make it worse its not ugly in a neat or cool way

lol do you draw these yourself

I would say Chevy and Ford are making far better cars now than they have at any time in the last 40 years.

yeah but toyota made it really easy to do

Well America's economy is in superman mode right now, being the fastest and strongest to recover from the "Great" Recession of 07-08. Maybe it makes sense then.

Japan's economy meanwhile was stagnating since the 90's. Even their cultural resources are depleted (look at their shit limp-wristed animes compared to those from the past).

Dont forget the confirmed FA24T that's being developed for the Ascent. Knowing Subaru, they'll likely drop this engine into the 2020 STI

>Less power
>More weight
>Still wins
Kek

I've heard rumors that the Z will share the VR30DDTT from the Q50/Q60.

What they really need to do is make the 300ZX with that engine and then take a Q60, dump all of the "luxury" for their bargain bin everything, use a turbo 4 for it and a manual and call it a Silvia S16. Then make a Q60 IPL with a proper LSD, no DAS bullshit, unfucked infotainment, DCT and manual options, and better handling.

And then keep the GTR from going to stratospheric prices. And keep updating it to be competitive with the 911 turbo again.

There, Nissan managed to make 3 desirable sports cars with a single platform with lots of shared parts to drive down cost. They now have actual enthusiast credentials and can go back to neglecting sports cars for another 10 years as the aftermarket fills the gap.

The way the suspension is set up in the Genesis fucking sucks.