Oldfag thread?

Oldfag thread?

I really miss the golden years of the internet. Back when Veeky Forums was still in its infancy, ytmnd was all the rage, and SA still had a semi non cancerous community. Oh and to keep it Veeky Forums related, what car did you drive in high school? I drove a 89 civic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTQ0uHvv41A
youtu.be/-XccUMOQ978
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bought a 91 240sx in 2001 when i turned 16. I wasnt on Veeky Forums, too much social interaction. I was at home watching hongkong intial d bootleg dvds.

Crazy to think that there's so few of them around anymore for kids to buy that aren't chopped up "drift cars" with sticker prices well above $10,000

at least faggots on this board still kept the fiero meme alive

I miss the old days as well, Veeky Forums just isn't the same. I was sad when I saw somebody ask what a Veyron was recently and nobody said "some kind of weird Dodge Stratus."

I didn't have a car in HS because I graduated right after I turned 16, but my first car was a shitbox half-dead 190E. It was an auto with the 2.3 4cyl and would've been slow when new, and by the time I got it in '03 it could barely make it up a hill. I didn't have it long, it finally gave up the ghost and overheated out of control while stuck in traffic, and I bought a '95 240SX to replace it.

>hongkong intial d bootleg dvds.

Fuck yes, I think I still have mine around somewhere. I kinda miss those old trifold cardboard bootleg DVD case things.

How old is oldfag? I have been on Veeky Forums for a few years and then trailed off the past year and coming back it seems like 75% of newtrips and anons don't even know what WAT Racing Devlopment is.

Almost everyone's left because of the three shitposting turbo-autists.

>what car did you drive in high school?
I didn't, it's really rare since we're only allowed to drive at age 18 and most people got to school just fine by moped, bicycle or foot since we don't build miles and miles of sprawl like retards. My school distance was a 10 minute bicycle ride, I would've taken longer to find a parking spot if I had taken a car for the last half year of school.

Ever since the GTR vs C7 threads, the place went to hell (even moreso than usual) but it's been awhile since I have woken up to only 2 pages of threads because Alphonse spammed 8 pages of faggotry overnight.

87 F150

rip frolo

Is 07 oldfag?

I would say anything prior to 2010, but it changes for each person's preference

Why here of all boards? All three of them are /b/tards with no genuine interest in cars. They could have at least terrorized some shithole like /mu/ or Veeky Forums.

>i caused this trigger

Anyone remembers Phosgene and how he photoshopped a mag to make the c4 vette appear faster than an rx7, just to have some user post the same magazine but with the original times?

Lol he was such a sperg, what is wrong with corvette fangirls lol

No mods or the lack of. Also, some of them are ban evading every time the mods do something.

>mfw waiting for the replies to come in

I remember 2005 - organic memes, real discussion, how much slower Veeky Forums was. This place changed permanently in 2008 with the Time magazine article for the worse, but still better than much of the internet

My first car was a 2001 prelude I got in 2007. I got in a front end collision that totaled my car, not my fault, got a fat check and bought a 15 stang gt manuèl which is a helluva car compared to the lude

fuck off

It's weird. The mod(s) have 1-2 days a week where they are on top of everything, then the rest of the week; little to no activity.

Two easy (You)s, good job senpai

>its a newfags pretend to be old and pretend that this board was never shit episode
kekk

shitty attention whoring tripfags that offered nothing of value other than circle jerk threads replaced with pure shit posting, good trade off if you ask me

lmao yes

>what is wrong with corvette fangirls
the part of their brain that mjakes them like shitty cars

Its like required community service or something.

I drove an 89 e30 325ix with a bmw s14 engine swapped in that I inherited, sadly my brother wrecked it one night two years ago

I don't understand this image. Is it saying the Nissan is faster than the Corvette?

I think it's saying "Hey guise gib attention pls :DDDDD", user.

I wanna say the addition of captcha is a pretty good divide between newfag/oldfag.

Do you want M3 vs 5.0 threads back?

It's always been this way.

one like this but white.

>V8
>4200L
>0.0000000031 kilometres per litre

>no more cum cat hiss penis or save this red square as windows.exe shit bricks
>no more auto dumping
I think the captcha made the hobby boards a bit shittier, but the big boards obviously needed it

Veeky Forums has always been the same thing, it's just that dumb shit that you think is funny when you first find boards loses it's appeal over time

>ytmnd was all the rage

Quite fitting how Eurobeat music was a meme on YTMND, and Eurobeat is a meme again thanks to various car montages.

youtube.com/watch?v=TTQ0uHvv41A

Some things never change, it seems.

>what car did you drive in high school?
either my mom's minivan or my dad's honda
whichever wasn't be used

>that one time /b/ was literally nothing but squares

you now remember DUN DUN posting on /b/

1979 GMC Sierra with a crate 350
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0

youtu.be/-XccUMOQ978

That's a dodge stratus mate.

I was only 8 in 2005 :)

One of them shitposts on Veeky Forums too.

i'll be honest im not oldfag

1997 e320. i6, automatic, clean as fuck thankfully.

went 100 into an S, spun her out, backed it into some poor soul's vehicle in their driveway. took off faster than a fucking funny car on the quarter mile.

somehow los parentals didnt ask too much about the cracked tail light and pushed in bumper.

are eurobeat threads still a thing?

use to frequent Veeky Forums in 06-09 and I only started coming back here again since I got a new car to play around in (ND MX5) and I enjoy reading some threads. Shit feels different than before though.

There is almost nothing left. We are in a society here like in the first mad max. No laws, but the infrastructure's still there. Those who would seek to ruin others can do as they please.

Sadly because Veeky Forums is one of the slower boards, we don't get active mods. Alphonse and s/o/viet sometimes go on a shitposting spree and no moderation is in sight for days. Do that shit on /a/ or /v/, they would get banned within an hour. And of course since both of them are faggot phoneposters, they would just ban evade anyways. I guess we lose no matter what.

OR MAYBE MODS COULD JUST RANGE BAN THESE FUCKS BUT NOOOOOOO, MUJ CASUALTIES CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE
Veeky Forums IS ONE OF THE LEAST POOR FAG BOARDS FOR FUCK'S SAKE A PASS IS CHEAP, SOMEBODY IN THEIR AREA CAN BUY A PASS IF THEY CARE SO MUCH

I don't think that ever got as bad as the peak of C7 GTR threads.

The m3 vs 5.0 thread were less autistic

My first car in high school was a 1992 Chevy Caprice, which I crashed into a tree at 60mph. I finished out high school driving a 1989 Ford Bronco

As weird as this may sound, I've seen some on-topic posts from both prez and soviet.
Alphonse on the other hand couldn't give less of a shit about cars if he tried and is literally only here to start shitflinging contests on any topic.