The

Hey my guy. How do you feel about this new innovation from MB? Its essentially a trackpad to navigate the screen menu's alongside the good ol' scroll wheel. You can even draw letters on it to input text for addresses, contacts and whatnot. Neat? Retarded?

>inb4 ipad
>inb4 muh infotainment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OJjvYPV3oc
youtube.com/watch?v=zOJO-ez0yl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I pity the fool that buys something like this used. I can only imagine what that useless piece of shit costs to replace.

The logic isn't sound to buying luxury cars used, I mean, you're paying 10K alone for the badge, why not just buy new and enjoy it?

Where are the poorfags who were trashing on the c-class interior? I need their opinions too

>can afford a mercedes
>can't clean the shit off his camera lens

Seems like if you even press a button you would leave fingerprints everywhere

That's actually pretty damn nice for a C-Class. The last one was a travesty, more suited to a Honda than a Mercedes-Benz. This is a huge improvement.

You can use it if you want to, or, you can use the manual inputs, you can speak your commands, you can use the scroll wheel right infront of it, or the buttons on the center console beside the command screen...

It's one of MANY ways they give you to control the command screen. They don't cheap out and remove the others, they're still there.

Tbqhwy f@m@l@m the entire system is too distracting, even though they optimized the shit out of it by including dedicated buttons, a logical user interface,, and a multitude of inputs so that you can achieve what you want with the least amount of actions, it's still far too distracting and I find myself looking at the screen more then the dash.

That being said, the damn thing drives itself so why the fuck not read a text message from Becky and browse Veeky Forums while on the road.

>You can even draw letters on it to input text for addresses, contacts and whatnot
BMW has had this for ages

Well, to be fair, not all of them have the active lanekeeping and distronic plus... but for the ones that do, yeah. Why not browse the net and watch movies?

>new ?
it's not new.

More shit to go wrong in 5 years, and cost the value of the car to fix.

Its as if were at the end of the idea of replacibility in modern vehicles.

If you want to geek out over tech, the lights are hands down the coolest feature of the car. When you turn the wheel, the beams follow your anticipated movement and illuminate the road in the direction you're heading, most useful in corners and roundabouts.

The adaptive highbeam assist is badass, check this video out, the system detects traffic and selectively blocks light from dazzling the driver in the opposite lane and in front of you.
youtube.com/watch?v=0OJjvYPV3oc

Was going to post this. It's at least 4 years old. I think older. Shit tier bait

I'd call you a shill but it's pretty clear that you posted this in an attempt to look like a shill so people would reply to your lonely ass and you could feel like someone finally loved you. After years of rejection by your family and peers, you just couldn't take it and had to post the shittiest bait I've ever seen.

I mean sure all this tech is cool, but it's still in a horribly ugly car that costs more than a down payment on a house.

>muh active headlamps

Dude, my 2004 Lexus does this.

That shit is cool but IIRC it's not legal in the U.S. yet due to the NHTSA being slow as shit to test and approve stuff

>Dude, my 2004 Lexus does this.
Watch the whole video, it's not the same as headlight elements that move like on any VW released in the last decade. It's a system of lighting your 13 year old car definitely doesn't have.

Shieeet i'm not trying to shill or bait this board. I find this actually cool and if you can jerk it over shitboxes then why not luxury brands too?

looks like a cunt to keep clean

I have this in my C450 and its the worst shit in the world. I've just disabled the touchpad and use the wheel.

wat kind of run down dilapidated houses do you live in

down payment on a house where i live is nearly 200k, 400k if you don't want to get mandatory insurance

maybe people should concentrate on driving instead of drawing letters on their fucking whatever the shit that is

>track pad stops working
Guess the entire car is ruined, time to buy a new one

Just finished reading the entire thread, and there's not a single feature mentioned yet that Lexus hasn't already done first.

Normie bait

You know how your home electronics like laptops tablets cell phones are replaced every couple years?

That's what these cars are like

Made to be replaced

You don't buy a luxury Mercedes because you really love driving

You buy it because you are a normie cuck who will coordinate and standardize their normie multimedia electronics shit on a replacement schedule to fill the dull empty void you feel if you don't have a wifi connected 5G media device in ur hands to do your insta-Google-hashtag-tweet app

For first time home owners is 5% down payment, on a 750k house that is 37.5K... why is your down payment 20%? or are you living in 2M dollar house

Shit tier bait. I've looked at the most expensive lexuses and they're literally toyotas with higher quality interior surfaces. There are no good features. NO SHIT THEY'RE RELIABLE, THEY'RE FUCKING BORING AND DO NOTHING INNOVATIVE.

Not the same guy you are talking to but, Different state ?? Don't know. Seems like everyone who talks about house say different thing.
From my understanding first time buyer house can not be over 200k.
Btw good luck finding decent 200k house in nice city (cali)

That's only if you get an FHA, and with an FHA you need to get mortgage insurance... which will probably not work out in your favor.

Sure, you'll only be putting down $20,000 down on a $400,000 house... but now you owe like $4,000 a year in PMI until you've paid up to 20% the value of the house. Guestimating that doing so will take like 5 years if you only pay the mortgage... that's another $20,000 that literally goes towards nothing and isn't even tax deductible if your HOUSEHOLD earns more than $110k - I make $58k and my fiance makes $45k, we're like a single raise away from hitting that, and that's if we're not counting any income from side shit that we do or bonuses or whatever.

Now if you have some kind of crazy plan to buy your first house and then put the rest of the down payment towards an investment property or if the housing market is so hot that saving another year for a down payment is going to cause prices to jump $50k or something so you HAVE TO BUY RIGHT THE FUCK NOW, then OK I guess there might be merit to getting an FHA and eating the PMI.

Look up an Audi A8 from 2011 they had touch pads and still do and I'm sure other cars have had them for a few years now

>poorfags
>has barely a c-class

lmaoing @ ur life

let me guess, it's a C180

What the fuck were the designers at Mercedes thinking when they glued that iPad into the dash?
Fucking Scania trucks from 2002 have GPS screens that rise from the dash. Why couldn't Merc just do that?
>inb4 moving parts cost money to replace
Nigga it's a fucking Mercedes.

Oh well, the 3-series has a better interior anyways.

>Shit tier bait. I've looked at the most expensive lexuses and they're literally toyotas with higher quality interior surfaces. There are no good features. NO SHIT THEY'RE RELIABLE, THEY'RE FUCKING BORING AND DO NOTHING INNOVATIVE.
>buys a car because of gadgets

Congrats, you're literally a normie tier consumer.

>glossy buttons
I too enjoy cleaning the console instead of focusing on driving

i drive a 2016 C43 amg
>will post bread if you faggots bitch
infotainment is pretty nice, it's a little weird at first to get used to but after a while it works pretty smoothly.
you'll never used the trackpad thing unless you're typing out a contacts name to name a phone call and are only drawing a single letter (which narrows down the search). The roller is pretty sweet actually, can navigate quickly through menus and it pushes in all 4 directions like a d-pad along with rolling

Way too much black plastic.

Why are the air vents still even black plastic in 2017?

>will post bread if you faggots bitch

No thanks. A cheapass C-Class doesn't wet my whistle like an S-Class, and I've already had enough carbs today.

>needing two separate thousand dollar apparatuses to turn on Air Conditioning
This is why we hate the Germans.

What else would you make the air vent out of?

I'd rather have black plastic than glossy plastic.
That shit eats dust. I don't want to clean my dash as one of the starting procedures every time I start the bloody thing.

It's just another solution to problems that shouldn't have existed in the first place. We have speech recognition, why do you need to write anything? If it's too complicated for speech recognition to handle, pull over and input it on a keyboard, it'd be faster than scribbling individual letters like a preschooler using finger paints.
And why do you even need to write ANYTHING while driving? If you don't know how to get somewhere, you should have your GPS route set before you leave your origin point. If you need to make a stop inbetween for food or gas, my 2" Garmin from 2008 had the ability to bring up nearby restaurants and gas stations with no more than 5 pokes, I never had to input text to find them.
>contacts
>addresses
NOTHING YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING WITH WHILE DRIVING. There's even laws against it. Fuck.

Except the ipad on the 3 series doesn't retract either.

>When you turn the wheel, the beams follow your anticipated movement and illuminate the road in the direction you're heading
I see they've finally caught up after 50 years.

>The adaptive highbeam assist is badass
Jesus dude

>HUGE shiny-ass console with faggot Ipad instead of 8-ball
>2 pedals
>no sequential or clutchless option.

It's probably great for driving while europol is watching your every move.

The Lincoln Continental had that in 1964.

Holy hell. I cant imagine how much it must cost to replace those.

I have a fatty microfiber cloth I just wipe down the surfaces about once a week when fingerprints get too noticeable. I mean, regular car cleaning shit really.

I can see if you eat Wendy's burgers every day and have fingers with a diameter of a lug nut how that can be a problem.

nah its a 2017 GLC300 optioned up, cost 60K CAD

A/C is not controlled with the trackpad or scroll wheel, they have dedicated physical buttons.

Once you click in an address, it stays in the history, I don't want to list all the features but they thought of pretty much everything and yes, including POI's in the vicinity and voice command that encompasses all the capabilities and doesn't suck ass.

It's got a 9 speed auto transmission with paddle shifters that you probably hate. There are 4 dynamic driving 'modes' that you can toggle through, plus one individual mode where you can set your preference for suspension, steering, engine, etc between eco,comfort,sport, and sport+.

Shit nigga, new car, no need to worry about repairs.

I ordered some stickies from the autists over at /osg/. cant wait to paste them on.

>c class
>not poor
kek!

>op actually thinks the rich drive base model luxury cars

Lmao my dude, let me guess, lease?

>shit tier bait
>then uses "Lexus are just rebadged Toyota's" bait

Wew

I prefer finger button technology
youtube.com/watch?v=zOJO-ez0yl4

fpbp.

Useless piece of shit.