I like these

I like these.

Nobody cares

not only do you like box shaped cars, which are pieces of trash from the get go, but you like box shaped garbage made by the gooks

you need to remove yourself from the gene pool ASAP

You probably like cocks, too.

What's wrong with that? Are you some sort of faggot?

>talks about trash
>drives automatic
go ahead and take your own advice friendo

it's not my picture you autistic nigger.

it is a photo of a peeling steering wheel of a korean car, which i gladly do not own.

The gf just bought one with a 6 speed manual. It's actually not a bad little car.

>i-i don't own one t-that's a shitty car
sure friendo :^)

pls don't hate on the hamstermobile

Why lie on Veeky Forums of all places? That makes you a double nigger.

These cars are comfy as fuck

I just got one because they ARE comfy as fuck.
No joke.

The only issue that I have is that it gets shit gas mileage.

Which engine? What mpg?

2.0L, 26MPG.
And that's with a lot of highway miles.

>shit gas mileage
What? I've seen 40mpg in it

>40
The fuck kind of black magic did you use? I can't even break 30 on a good day.

Yeah but aren't insurance rates low for those? That should compensate for the shit mileage.

I'm deciding between a 2017 Soul and 2017 Sonata, and both are equal in terms of monthly gas and insurance cost combined.

Insurance is only low for base models (hamster-powered 1.6L). If you get uprated engines (2.0, 1.6T), all bets are off.

Maybe because it's a manual? Idk m8

It gets driven 45-65 mph for like 80 miles every day

Ah, it's the base model and engine. It's slow, but who cares

It can't be that bad, can it? It's GDI

No, it's pretty bad. Well, more like "bad," since it's only slow by today's new car standards.
>2700 pounds
>130 hp
>118 lb/ft

Well, I drove a 91 Celica with a 4 speed auto and 103hp/101torque and survived. Can't be worse than that.

Also, I'd get the Sonata (or Elantra, actually) if you care about gas mileage. Elantra got huge, you can basically get one for a song, and I've never driven a quieter car in recent memory.

>Buying gookshit

Wow, it's like you guys don't care about cars. Why are you even here?

In terms of pure speed and creature comforts, definitely upgrades. You do sit higher too, and have tons of headroom and can haul more stuff, if you're into those kind of things.

Go back to that Hyundai hate thread that you came back from.

Hyundai's are the most lifeless cheap shit you can buy. At least buy a Corolla if you just want a soulless shitbox

I did.

7/10 might buy gookshit again,

What's wrong with Hyundai? They're great commuter cars. Perfect daily drivers for good price and no nonsense styling.

Bullshit asshole nobody likes Kia's around here.

He would rather die inside while driving a stripper Corolla.

The owner of the Accent in your pic actually shot himself, IIRC from the last copart thread.

It isn't terrible. It's just not fast. Like at all.

But it will do a burnout. Granted a 6K clutch dump from a stop. But it will do a burnout.

Honestly though, if you're buying a Kia Soul you aren't worried about how fast it is. Only reason she got it is because the local Kia dealer was doing a "we'll give you $6K for any trade" deal and she had a MazdaSpeed 6 with a blown engine.

Well I've seen dealers here selling a base 2017 Soul for $12.9k, that's the only reason I'm considering it. Seems like a fantastic deal for a reasonably safe and practical DD

If they'll honor the price, it's a fantastic DD. Easy to live in, crazy long warranty, and it's about the cheapest car to maintain.

The only caveat would be that the gas mileage (comparably) sucks, it's a hatchback so you haul stuff differently from a sedan, and since it's a Kia, you still get hit with higher-than-average depreciation.

It'd be a car I keep for 10 years or more

Even if you meticulously maintain it that's still a lot for a Kia. They're definitely more of a lease or buy and sell 5 years later kind of thing. They're not built to last.

What about the Sonata then? Mine is a 2006 Sonata and still going

I'm still seeing a lot of gen 1 Souls around, so I don't think driving it for a long time is an issue.
Same with Sonata. But last time I drove one, it felt uncomfortably big for me to drive. You're a midsize sedan, Sonata, not a land barge.

Just test drive both and go with what feels better.

My wife used to drive a 2010 Soul. I liked how large its engine bay was (relative to other late-model cars), but disliked its numerous electrical gremlins.

Is this a girly color? I kinda like the look

My forte is reaching 7 years old, and 5 of those were with a turbocharger.

162k miles. And never had any issues

>car material is so cheap and thin skull/jacket fragments pierced the interior plastics and fabrics AND the outer shell AFTER smashing through 10-12 inches of flesh, brain matter and thick cranial bone
Wow

so like every car ever made?

My dad owns a 6 speed soul as a daily. It's a comfy car. Nothing wrong with it.

i liked it before it was cool

I don't think my 2.0L Rav4 gets too much better gas mileage than that.

GDI is one thing I wasn't sure about when looking at used Souls a couple years ago. Any issues on higher-mileage engines yet? The other problem was you couldn't buy a Soul with manual trans and cruise control; had to buy the buttons or a whole steering wheel to retrofit on the drive by wire models.

When the dealer asked if I could drive manual I said sure; been doing it for 20 years. Then I couldn't get reverse because I'd never seen the lift-up ring affair on the stick and had to ask for help. I liked it overall. For anyone wondering, that lift up hatch is a LOT more useful for hauling than a swing door.