Hollow Knight General - /hkg/

cuddlebug edition

1.0.1.4 open beta patch notes steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135511455870902124/

Wiki is still being written so it's quite barebones still.
Please consider adding to it.

Come on man, can we please keep the magical realms pics for the thread himself? No need to brand yourself like that.

First for
>"w-what are you going to do with that needle and thread?"

I'm kind of glad I followed the complete map and saved every grub. Some of them can be a bitch to find
(Also, did grandpa grub eat them?)

>White Wanderer...don't be shy....cold outside....bed is soft...

While I do primarily agree with you, plenty of Veeky Forums threads seem to do this regardless of the actual quality of the game.

(It's actually a kind of cheap, neat way of roping new potential players into it)

Where's the bug that says this? It's a room with lots of posters and stuff, isn't it? I never found that, even with a 93% rating

Who are the "higher beings" anyway?

You find the bug in the fungus area.
There's a secret room behind the dashmaster shrine.
The bug later moves into Dirtmouth.
You get that particular piece of dialogue when you dream nail it.

It's the beetle you can rescue from the Fungal Wastes. Initially she acts like a fangirl for you until (or if) you save Zote twice and beat him in the Arena, then he spouts some shit about you being a villain and cucks you. Not worth it honestly.
Myla and Hornet are better bugs.

I can't play this on a, say, 800x600 window?

>You get that particular piece of dialogue when you dream nail it.

reposting incase OR is here

I love it thank you

Anyone knows what is this? can I do something else aside from bashing it with my nail?

Draw Legeater eating Zote's leg

It can be lewd if you want I'm not picky

thank you user
go up, hitting it will grant you an extra flavor text with its owner

I love that guy. Zengrub
Also I valued his advice more than almost any other's for some reason

yeah drawthreads are fun
I did
and
might draw some more later (it's good practice)

>keep dying at the exact same spot in trial of fools
>the battle obbles that spawn when the floor is spikes and you have to jump between the narrowed walls

Health is worn down by the time they spawn, /what do I do?

I must admit I didn't quite have the patience for a complete 100% run. What changes?
Also, what happens if you help the mushroom guy?

charms are Mark of Pride, Quick Slash, Quick Focus, and Salwart Shell

Nothing changes with 100%. The only thing that can be added on top of true ending is the secret scene if you complete the mr mushroom quest.

whats the point of the pale knight fountain ? i dropped 400 geo inside and it didnt do anything , dont really want to waste more geo if it does nothing

In Undernest near distant village I found a secret passage that led into a room/cave with some spiderlike npc. After talking to her she attacked me so I attacked back once and then she ran away. Is there anything more to this? Lacking details because this is from playing yesterday.

drop 3000 and you get a fragment. it won't let you drop more than the total required amount, so don't worry

>defeat/"Save" zote in the arena
>chubby QT immediately shifts focus to zote and swaps out all the posters to his image

chubby bug girl is a whore and you're literally too good for her, she deserves zote

well 3000 is probably the amount i lost by dying...
guess i'll come back way later

it's the most money you'll ever need to spend on any one thing, save it for your last mask fragment when you've got the normal 7-8k geo and nothing to buy at endgame

Keep going back and talking and she gives some nuggets of lore, but that's all

wtf is Zote's deal anyway, is he out hunting clerics or something?

he's "that asshole" in the same spot that patches would be in

he's one "woops, i slipped and pushed you off the ledge into this eldrich horror abyss :^) " from being in that spot

(The midwife might be my favourite npc, actually. The design, the lore, the adorable munching sounds and concept and everything)

>help him out
>he repays you by stealing a women in the hub
He's more Lautrec.

Do I get to roam my world after finishing the game or should I do the arena now?

He's really weird in the fact that he really believe the shit he says. This can be seen when you dreamnail him.

>"stealing" a whore that falls in love and wants to fuck anyone who exhibits a modicum of gallantry(real or ficticious) in front of her

Did me a favor. There are many other superior bugfus around.

Can't lose your baby mamma if you neglect Zote, bug brains.

It's a closer connection than Patches. You never save Patches and Zote never kicks you into a pit.

Can't complete the Hunter journal either, and he's a bigger bro than this cunt could ever be.

>redneck trailer park wife with 4 little bastard kids running around
>struggling to raise enough geo to pay for it
>sometimes you just wanna run off into the underground and forget youre a father

also if you didnt save zote, thus losing chubby girl, you didnt 100% the game and you're living in a cuck fantasy

anyone know where fountain square is ? the shopkeeper buying relics seems to be here but i have no idea where it is

It's on the right from where his shop is.

thanks man, was expecting him to by somewhere far

the fuck?

also that feel when I just did the fucking white flower. Had a bit of trouble with it initially because I tried to use the glowing womb bugs but always ran out of soul, and tried to go through crossroads.
Did it with the grub shooty badge through the pleasure house and fog canyon and was honestly not that bad. Took me about 4 tries once I had my route down.

Is there any way to save Cloth?

Where do I get this charm?

Just started this last night after never really having played a metroidvania before. I really like the Souls series and I'm super pumped to get further in it later tonight.

blue gem door in the abyss
you'll need 15 blue hearts to open it.

Don't get spoiled too much.

Thanks, thought I would need and actual key to open that door.

Do I really need to beat the trial of fools for 100%?

Apparently yes, skip saving her in ancient basin before the traitor lord. You got what is considered the good ending, though.

yes, gives the last 1%

Is there any point of slashing npc ghosts?

She wants a warrior's death. If you don't let her have one, she says she'll just wander into the desert to die instead.

Looking up a few clips of folks beating the aerial part that's giving me trouble in trial of fools and it looks like the writing is on the wall: gotta git gud with nail arts

W A H

>Going back to Crossroads
>wew lad, shit's infected. cool
>heading towards the mines
>hmm, this place reminds me of something..
>see random minerbug, just like all the others
>Kill it
>Hear Myla's last frightened wails
>Never will she mine and sing again
>mfw
>I want to put a flower on her shell

white palace 1st playthrought
>"damn, this looks tricky, gotta be caref- fuck this"

white palace 2nd playthrought
>"meep meep" *skips half of it with pogo sticking*

Love this game

lol xD so epic user!

try nailmaster glory, charged hits fuck up enemies in 1 hit

I'm still too lacking in skill to land the hit without getting fucked up

I fucking hate this delicate flower shit.
I've been trying for 10 hours and I still can't get further than the first part of the Queen's Gardens because of the mantis with their fucking homing scythes. Why hype up the White Palace as difficult and then make some random shitty quest 20 times as difficult? THEN LOCK A MASK SHARD BEHDGIOJ_FSJ TI TTWHNA THT EHFUCK FDJS

Just do it backwards first and kill all the hard enemies on the way. They don't respawn unless you sit on a bench.

Just use the projectile spell. Or bumrush them and use the nail art to kill them in one hit before they attack.

Choose a path(the on in the OP for instance)

1 Follow it on the reverse direction killing all enemies

2 Don't sit on any benches

3 Get the flower

4 Do the path

5 Don't fuck up on the last room(might want to train it a few times without the flower before doing 1)

6 Win

I encountered 1 single flying mantis on ym route, and I killed that with a spell shot because it's on the same elevation as you when you enter the room.
What's the issue here?

use spells on them, safest way to kill

what do you mean "first part".
Just enter from fog canyon. A halway with the spikey dudes, one mantis, and those bush flyers. Far easier than city of tears imo.

Any way to get the grubs Out of papa grubs belly?

I entered from the Greenpath

I don't even get that part.
Why.
Is there a real world insect analogy for that or something?

why not just pass through queens station. much easier, because the time in Queens garden is shorter, and fog canyon is zero threat.

try this route, only one flying mantis and you can shoot it

>battle Obbles and narrow walls
Wait until the ceiling drops down too.

Just got the true ending

Someone explain this shit to me because i dont get it

actually the mantis is a little to the right of the arrow, now that I think about it

personally, I hated crossroads for the exploding flyers, so I grabbed the grubsong badge and went down through the city, pleasure House, out into fungal wastes at the city crest,down to queens station, and then meet your path in fog canyon.

You killed the Radiance. You took a huge army of Void Spirits and went and fucked the Old Light up hard.

Why fuck up the Old Light though? It caused the infection, right? Why did it do this? Because of madness?

>Why fuck up the Old Light though?
Because it is what caused the Infection. The Infection itself is infused with the Radiance, forming a hive mind effect.
>Why
The Wyrm shed its great form over Hallownest and took on the form of the Pale King, the New Light. It gave most Bugs in the area the gift of sentience. This pissed off Radiance, because all its former subjects, it was sentient in some capacity, flocked and followed the New Light. So in an attempt to keep its followers and not be forgotten, a plague was unleashed and should you succumb, you will be given great power in exchange for losing the Wyrm's Gift. It didn't give everyone that choice of course, only the strong-willed who could resist.

Oh wow, I didn't expect anyone to save it, let alone see it as an OP image. Thanks user, I think I can hold on studying a bit longer now.

Kek.
The degenerate perverts are always the ones who save all the stuff and keep threads kicking.

I just wish you could actually see her butt.
Someone post the other version pls.

gets me every time.

I'm happy people like my stuff enough to make edits of it. Feels good man.

a smol edit

finally beat Radiance, the second stage is deceptively easier, it's much easier to heal in it

He's a cocoon and they're merging into a butterfly. Look at the achievement.

How do you knock down the chandelier in the Watcher Knight's fight?

I didnt pay attention when she told me who to bring it to. Is it your picrelated? I thought she meant someone I met somewhere in Queens Gardens, but now I cant find them...

left side of the boss arena then go up

the platforms make it way easier i kept getting shitty rng with the screen spears though so i never got time in
bless mantises

i sketched at work but back to the other drawing

I did, nothing happens

weird, I remember hitting the thing there, and it worked

heyy that is pretty good

Zote isnt dead, we're getting his DLC campaign. Its not a prequel

What combination of charms did you beat the third round of the Colosseum of Fools?