/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #706 - Best Cat Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zP5KaKrcQF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting in hopes that user who suggested it sees, but I tried more varied angles for characters as he suggested. And it's a first attempt, but I know it'll be a while before this gets significantly better

Is the Comic canceled?

Don't know yet.

Fast

SLOW

I'm still betting on another hiatus.

Probably.

When's the stream?

Is Rivals 1/2 worth playing?

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG

>best cat

No news on it
>worry.png
They also haven't posted their Monday tweet. How odd, they always post some dumb meme on Mondays, they've been doing that for a long time.

HHHAAATE...!

>cancellation/hiatus ruins any plans for the 25th anniversary of the comic
Fuck Archie. May they burn to the fucking dirt.

THE STORY BEGINS

They're mediocre. Not bad though.

Holy shit I fucking hate Silver

C H I L L Y D O G S

Peach and Amy should give up on Mario and Sonic and jest get with each other.

IT'S NO USE

silver's voice in 06 hits this interesting balance between cool, obnoxious, and totally adorable.

this is legit the greatest sonic game to ever exist. you're living in a bubble if you deny that. everything from the amazing graphics that still hold up today, the fantastic music, and the story is all great. truly a shame we'll probably never see another sonic in the same vain as this ever again :'(

Chilly dog

I think those rose tinted glasses are on a bit too tight

Oh man, I forgot it was National Opposite Day.

i can't tell if this is bait, but i do think Sonic Heroes is pretty good and up there on the Sonic games. It has a bad rep unfortunately since it arguably started the 'decline' and a lot of people had the PS2 version with its glitches and broken physics.

>making a series of reviews critiqueing the Sonic series's voice acting over the years
>never made an analytical video before
>feel like I'm stumbling over my own points and not making my stance clear

Advice?

I legitimately LOVE this game and I don't believe half of that.

Funny enough, I feel like if they put a little more effort into it it could've had a cool segmented story. Have the characters go in different order of levels, intertwining at certain points with the levels rebuilt to fit around how the characters would be going through it. All ending at Egg Fleet.
Like for Team Rose, they'd be following sonic so they'd start in the same place as team sonic but they'd get lost and maybe end up somewhere else entirely where they meet up with Chaotix.

Or Team Dark would start at a more mechanical location like rail canyon and try to figure out where Eggman is, without any leads.
etc.

Give me a quick rundown on your stance on each voice and how you arrived to that point.

We really need to start calling it Dr. Eggman General from now on.

Every time it changes back to /sthg/ there's shitposters everywhere.

>We should totally run a joke into the ground
No.

>Ruining a good thing by over using it
No.

EVERYBODY STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND DRAW A SALLY. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S IN MS PAINT. JUST. SO. IT.

Just no.

Q U A L I T Y

Write an actual script.
Remove any waffling about or overly long intro about you or your history with the franchise or anything that is unrelated to the point you are trying to make.
Give it to someone to read/proofread.
Take a hacksaw to it and see if you can say whatever you said with less words or in a more clear and concise way.
Repeat step 3.
Record it in whatever intervals feel most comfortable.
Edit those together.

Your first videos will still probably kinda suck from lack of experience, but if you do that, you'll at least stand out from the 10 million terrible videos out there.

B-but I can't even draw a circle!

>heroes not shit
>heroes good

son what the fuck are you smoking. 8/10 bait, got me to reply. here's your (you).

Never again will I draw the Acorn. Game character art only from me from now on.

Okay

oh shit what have i done

THEN MAKE HER OUT OF SQUARES

>Jaleel
Works perfectly as an early American-style Sonic, but he stopped being good when he stopped being a teenager, so his voice in Underground and after sucked.

>Burke
Carries a lot of charm and manages to make Sonic sound cute and endearing and yet likable and naturally cool at the same time. This is my favorite Classic Sonic voice because it embodies SEGA!Sonic so well.

>Drummond
Unpopular opinion but I think his performance in Heroes and SA2 is undoubtedly the best voice Sonic has ever had not counting Junichi. He hits everything that makes Sonic...Sonic.

>Jason Griffith
Sounded pretty great before he was replaced, but it still has problems. Namely that he seems to be forcing it, making any possible drama sound unnatural.

>Roger
Sucks. I will never understand the directing decision here. He simply doesn't have the range for it, he constantly sounds like he's phoning it in, he doesn't have good comedic delivery, and he just sounds so generic.

I have opinions for everyone else but that's what I have for Sonic.

>Remove any waffling about or overly long intro about you or your history with the franchise or anything that is unrelated to the point you are trying to make.
It takes about 3 minutes for me to bring up the voicework. Is that too long? It's not completely unrelated either.

>joke

It's not a joke, boy.

Also, if SEGA wanted to do a game starring Amy/Blaze & Cream & you were put in charge over its story & gameplay, how would you do it?

OKAY OFFICER

I wouldn't. I 'd just convince them to make another 3D boost game iwth Sonic

Heroes team gameplay. Done right, I firmly believe the "team gimmick" could be the absolute best way to play as multiple characters in Sonic. It cuts out the middle man and gives you access to Flight and Power abilities from the get-go making yourself feel versatile as fuck.

Also make Cream get kidnapped, give her role to Silver instead.

If you say so

Don't.

So Silver would be the Flight? And I assume Amy would be Power & Blaze would be Speed, correct?

Yup. IMO Silver and Blaze have better chemistry than Cream and Blaze do.

S-sonic it's getting all over your glove.

>Don't.
Why not? It'd sell better and more people would want that than a game of comparative nobodies

Hmm, not a bad idea.

Don't use my posts to start your tiresome shitposting, pls.

STRAIGHT LINE GENERATIONS
-the sequel-

SHE'S
A
CHIPMUNK
user

nice

CALL

Just remove all animals. Eggman sells more than Sonic ever could.

>Don't use my posts to start your tiresome shitposting, pls.
I'm just stating facts. Sonic himself is still more liked by people than his friends are

But user-kun, hedgehogs and pussies don't go together youtube.com/watch?v=zP5KaKrcQF4

K.

Not that user but...That's reeeeeeeeeeeeeally not saying much.

Who streams for /sthg/ here? I want to see someone game.
Inb4 Look @ GameGrumps, Cobanermani, or some other Popular E-Celeb
I just want a newcomer who doesn't have alot of views/follows. Preferably one that somewhat uses a mic and not during gameplay.

These..."people" have shit taste.

Gentlemen. How do we fix Sonic?

>It takes about 3 minutes for me to bring up the voicework. Is that too long?
It's honestly probably 2 and a half minutes too long. If you aren't talking about either Sonic or voice acting in the first 30 seconds, and both of them after the 30 second mark, you're just inviting me to stop watching your video.

Analytical videos are a very different medium than high school papers. You're not looking to fill time or space. You want to punch straight to the point, because the person watching your video has 15 trillion other ways to occupy their time on the internet.

Honestly, think of that 30 second timeframe as a good rule to follow until you develop the skills and confidence to know when you can break the rule. That's what all rules in writing are.

cute!

user pls leave the shitposter be. He'll fuck off back to /trash/ soon enough.

You know I remember thinking when I was way younger that Sally was a squirrel. Did anyone else ever make that mistake when they first saw her?

Wow, you actually draw a real good Sally, Yoto.

We can't. Have Eggman kill him & take over the series.

>Analytical videos are a very different medium than high school papers. You're not looking to fill time or space.

But I'm also trying to be funny. What if it's funny?

Well first make an incision at the genitals and-

Sonic stream is likely starting at 5PM Pacific.

So 3 hours from now.

STANDING

ON

kek

ON THE EDGE

I've been smoking some good shit, want some?

It's just a recommendation. Whatever you do at the beginning of your video is going to feel longer than it would at any other point, so just be mindful of that.

Jun Senoue is wayyyyyy better at composing Sonic music than that Tomoya Ohtani guy.

That's not so bad!

That's a cute boobwolf

I want to kick it!

Holy shit a compliment!
This must be a sign to take up drawing as a hobby and improve upon it.

AH BUBUBU

DELETE THIS

>three fucking minutes to get to the meat of the video
I'm pissed if I have to sit through a 10 second unskippable commercial. The sound of your voice better me stroking me off if you expect me to sit through more than a half minute of you getting to your point.

Humor is 100% subjective. I guarantee you're not half as funny as you think you are. If you're struggling to even make your presentation clean and flowing, you're nowhere near ready for comedy and the end result will be cringe thread fodder. Stick to purely informative style until your delivery is confident and unbroken.

Did you have a bad experience or something?

Reposting Blaze the Car.

k

I hope Blaze the Cat gets in the next Sonic&Sega All Stars Racing

Which games, user?

I just hope there is another one.

Shadow is the hero we need, but he sure as hell isn't the one we deserve.

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A STREAM AARON
WHERE IS THE STREAM AARON

I really like the idea that Tails has the skills of both Sonic and Eggman, with the potential to surpass both in the future. Imagine if Eggman got to Tails first, and became his mentor instead of Sonic? Then, instead of being nearly as fast as Sonic with techno-skills rivalling Eggman, he'd be nearly as techno-skilled as Eggman with speed rivaling Sonic. He'd basically have Metal Sonic's role in a way.

>Which games, user?
I dunno what their playing. It's the official Sonic stream.