Interview thread

I have an interview at school for this job next week. wat do.

Be yourself.

It's shit, so who cares? They know its shit and they're not caring about it like you are now. They're just exploiting you for shekels while you're in their degree trap.

And next week, they'll put out another shit job for a new naive college goy to hop on.

only reason i want to do this gig is because im a shit walmart cashier making $9. At least this I dont have to meet so many goddamn people and working with computers is a plus. anything beats my current shithole job

Go for it. It's good experience if you're going in the tech field. Don't be a sperg, go watch some basic youtube videos on Windows System Admin procedures, and learn how to google everything you can't figure out. Tell them you love solving problems.

exactly what I'm thinking right now senpai. I legit have experience with what they require I just want to make 100% sure I get this job. Damn interviews and /r9k do not mix.

Go get it champ. Talk to your professors, the ones at my school were always posting IT internships.

lmao I have a shit tier level 1 support job but yours is even more shit, any millennial could do this
>virus/malware scanning
>mfw

this would hardly qualify as an IT internship

You are really overestimating the capabilities of most people.

Besides, it's still relevant experience and better than Wal-Mart. He can play it up if need be once he graduates. Don't give bad advice you literal nigger.

I never said he shouldn't do it, if anything this job would be good to get rid of his assburgers, level 1 support is way more about the social aspect than the actual tech, you gotta make the user feel comfy about not knowing shit

my point is it's a pathetic as fuck job and he shouldn't worry about getting it, 90% percent of his work is going to be people coming up saying "how do I get my gmail on my iPhone?"

I agree senpai. Most people can barely install a fucking web browser let alone configure a computer.

If you want to make 60-70k right out of graduation, these are the internships you need, 2-3 of them to be specific

>installing Windows and using Microsoft office
>internship
POO IN LOO Paheet.

Someone in management that deals with recruitment here.

Elite tip for free -

When they ask "do you have any questions?", ask questions that you can use to highlight your own skills.

I have to learn programming to get this basic as fuck job?

Guys I know my way around a computer but no degree. Am I fucked without that diploma?

$10+ is really good for my area I live in a city in the middle of the midwest.

Yurofag here,

Well, this company is in a tough spot, either they hire you for a insanly high rate compared to the ablilities required for the job OR they delocalise in a country where actually work their ass off.

Anyway the dollar gets fucked I guess

This is an american public university
funds = unlimited

>This is an american public university
>funds = unlimited
Tell that to my state (Illinois) where departments are regularly cut and hiring freezes are the norm.

When the say basic knowledge in Windows or Office, what do they even mean?

exactly just that, basic. If you can open and type, you in!

Someone in management that deals with recruitment here.

Elite tip for free -

When they ask you what your greatest weakness is, tell them you are a racist and begin masturbating furiously.