Thoughts on this beautiful American vehicle?

Thoughts on this beautiful American vehicle?

Second in aesthetic beauty to the 1992 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave. American luxobarge thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6077521954.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Current goal vehicle. 1980s to 1990s American vehicles are a deep guilty pleasure

Late 80s Rivieras are better.

I don't like the rear on that one that much. K car and C car boxy designs are my definite favorite

What do you think of my ass?

Mother fucking gorgeous.

If you go Ferd instead of GM/Chrysler, you can buy a 1992 car and have it be the same fucking thing all the way to 2011.

You can buy barges like this for pretty cheap on Craigslist. I got mine for a grand from some boomer.

It's surprisingly easier to find a GM/Chrysler vehicle.
I passed up on a $900 working Chrysler New Yorker and have been beating myself up since

They're literally everywhere. Nobody wants these boxes anymore. Most of them aren't old enough to be considered classics by most people. Go check Craigslist right now and set your range from 1970 to 1992.

I will begin my search again, thanks for the boost

If you end up going with Cadillac, don't get any thing with the Northstar engine. It's garbage. 4.9 is the best motor.

Thanks for the tip, haven't researched cadillac as much so that helps a load. Those taillights are beautiful, i need it

Cadillacs are definitely the most finicky American barges you can buy. They often have quirks with their air ride and computer systems. Overheating is not as uncommon as it should be either.

Also, if I was to point you in a good direction for getting a fun road boat, I'd tell you to look for 80s Town Cars.

My dad had one back in the day, used it to haul kids around. I still love the looks, but holy hell was it poorly built, all the plastics and trim were cracking and on the verge of falling off from old glue, headliner falling down, went through 2 computers within 6 months, and overall just felt so bad, even when compared to some japanese cars of the same age.
But I will admit, I've been in BMWs and Mercedes and I've yet to find seats as comfy as the ones from a '91 Dynasty.

Currently checking Lincolns out on craigslist, finding amazing prices too
Thanks man

Lincolns are pretty solid. Hoses coming loose are one of the most common issues you will have with them. Vastly reliable compared to Cadillacs and K-cars of the same era.

currently scoping in on a few town cars, future barge soon hopefully

Expect many of them to be abused, especially in the road salt regions of the US. The good thing about barges is that many of them were garage kept by geriatrics in the 80s and 90s.

"senior owned, deceased" are always the best looking ones. I'm all the way south, less rust luckily

That's what my Cadillac supposedly was. I don't trust that guy for shit though. What region are you?

What about this Swedish beauty instead?

Southeast in Florida
Senior citizen limbo so it brings with a bunch of classic vehicles with low miles and decent interios

Low miles isn't always a good thing when it comes to dead people. Sitting for a long time is awful for cars.

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6077521954.html
Looks like a fun banger.

yknow what I miss? This advertisement aesthetic of the car in front of the mountains with a sunset.

I never really realized just how common it was back then.

I feel you so much on that

>someone finally posts my car on Veeky Forums other than me

91 dodge dynasty demon
3.3l v6

another pic

ltds, town cars, crown vics etc are gonna all be panther body all the chrysler stuff from the 80s is prob based off a k body in some way or another i have no clue about gm shit good luck man

For GM, B-body is the platform you want, that was their largest full size sedan/wagon platform with body-on-frame and a V8.

It's a big K-car with a minivan V6. Endlessly reliable and maximum comfy but kinda boring.

>all the chrysler stuff from the 80s is prob based off a k body in some way or another
The LH cars weren't based on the K-cars. They were based on the Renault/AMC developed Eagle Premier.

Cadillacs in the late 80s and early 90s were based on the C-body platform. You'd think the FWD would take away from the fun barge feel, but it doesn't.

i expected this board to be negative towards these cars. i knew some of you guys liked land barges, but these a bit different. glad to see them appreciated for once.

>blocks your path