/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

> YOU DIED :
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (shitty players, but showcases some weapons): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
Gamespot first boss fight (SPOILERS): youtu.be/ttTyzbyUtTs

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Is there any good places to farm souls before pontiff?

Can someone show me some outfits combination? I want to check muh fashion for my next character.
>Silver mask and Vilheim set
>Silver mask and Mirrah set

Nope. If you listen to the Fire Keeper's dialogue after giving her the Eyes, she says:
>In the far distance, I sense the presence of tiny flames. Like precious embers, left to us by past Lords, linkers of the fire.

And it's even more explicit once you reach the actual ending, where she pretty much says the same thing. Which means that, even though she brings about an Age of Dark, she knows that eventually a new flame will come.

MEMEZAKI THIS ARMOR SET BETTER BE IN RINGED CITY OR IM ORDERING A 3RD NUKE FOR NIPPON ISLAND

How the fuck did DaS3 not win GOTY in the music category??

Like I know this is from the dlc, but the game has so many fucking amazing tracks in general. Its a crime it didnt win youtube.com/watch?v=NN8dCyG-Pqo

Lightning spears need a higher ranged attack damage, and a lowered damage gain from the melee hit. It needs to change from a 50/50 damage distribution to more of a 70/30 or 80/20. The melee hit still exists but the spears themelves are more potent at range.

Yes, you know the spiders in the sewer like place right before the estus soup? Kill them. If you meant before irithyll, then kill the darkwraith in the swamp or the one in the basement over and over.

Come to think of it, this kind of connects thematically to the Painted World doesn't it?

Im SL level 112 in DS2 currently on shrine of Amana what am I in for after this?

I having a blast with my faith/str build.

>implying awards from random-ass gaming websites matter
If Gerstmann-Gate taught me anything, it's to never trust those websites to be impartial. Just listen to the opinions of your friends and also form your own opinion instead.

A substantially less interesting area, another substantially less interesting area, and a rather pretty one after that.

Video games awards are mostly a circlejerk for hipster journalists high on their own farts to give out awards to the indie pixel shit the pump out on a yearly basis.

What are the chances fromsoft is going to fix existing problems in the game instead of just adding more new stuff?

Just noticed that the Heretics Staff from Ds 3 is Beatrices Catalyst from ds 1. That's kinda interesting right?

Have you done the DLCs? If not, you'll want to emphasize the Str aspect of your build.

They came close to fixing the arena with this. I hold out some hope

Considering how they either aren't aware of any problems, don't care about those problems or don't think those problems are problems, pretty much nil chance of any fixes.

very slim because after this DLC its done and over for the souls series and they wont gain much money out of maintaining the games anymore, this game is like a ticking time bomb, enjoy it while it lasts multiplayer wise

Exclusive footage of Aldrich bloating like a drowned pig

>implying I dont do that already
I generally buy games I feel like, regardless of score.
I generally just dont think the DaS franchise has gotten the praise it deserves

.....It's literally the running theme of the entire series including DeS.
The big picture theme is the idea of things being prolonged on life support when they should really have been allowed to die. All of the games give you NPC dialogue and story which suggests you need to prolong the status quo under the guise of saving the world, and then waits for you to come to your own conclusion that everything you're being told might actually be bad advice and that the best thing to do might be to let it all end.
In DS3 it's played up to the max because it's also a meta analogy for allowing the series itself to die so you can search for something new.

I haven't touched the DLC's but I heard its the best bit of the game.

Really looking forward to face Sir Allone and the Burnt Ivory king stage looks cool as fuck from the yt videos.

centipied girls, got it!

Huh, I don't remember vinheim set being this colourful

archdragon peaks respawning knights are pretty good and can be gotten to before pontiff

YAMERO

Not only that, but not a single gaming-related award even nominated it for that category.

Can you only get one obscuring ring in the whole game?
What the fuck.

Sir Alonne is definitely one of the high points of the game for me. It's a very well made setpiece boss battle that is slightly soiled by the lack of quality of the short minilevel that precedes it, which is all the more surprising because the DLC as a whole has very good level design both mechanically and visually speaking.

So how many bosses are there suppose to be in the Ring City?
And who is this guy?

It's the same as all covenant rewards, you will only get it once. Other players can drop one for you though.

Yes. It's a covenant item, and you can only get one of those per character.

If you want another one, then just back up your save, mule it, and then reload your save before getting it back.

>mfw you can be so fat that you have to be lifted by a crane to get mobilized

How's the Morning Star? What build should I do for it?

Goddamn it. I gave it to a friend but he stopped playing and now I have no way of getting one for my character.

Supposedly 4 bosses, based on currently unused boss IDs.
That guy is supposedly the Abyss Dragon, mentioned in some MIllwood Knight items, based on appearance alone.

>Isn't DS2 supposed to be super slow?
That's a meme spouted by bad players who can't into animation cancelling.

4/5 bosses

-demon boss
-fanservice boss
-angel boss
-dragon boss
-????

abyss dragon is an unkillable stage hazard that you need to interact with filianore to initiate the real boss battle; it's optional.

I want to scrape that shit off with a machete

Why didn't you back up your save before giving it to him? Are you on X-Bone or something?

Fucking hell, sentinels is slow going at level 30. I remember getting summoned plenty back in the day. If I wasn't already 1/3 done I would try with a lower level character.

>abyss dragon is an unkillable stage hazard that you need to interact with filianore to initiate the real boss battle; it's optional.
Does your dad work at The Ringed City ?

Str build is fine. Not sure if you will be proccing the bleed, you can use carthus rouge to enhance the innate bleed it has.

Ariandel is interesting because it presents the same theme again, but then flips the metaphors around. So now fire is being used to end the world instead of prolong it. Instead of goodguy NPCs asking you to take action to save the world, you're being asked by badguy NPCs to not take action in order to preserve the world. In both cases the world is blatently already fucked and you can easily make a case for putting it out of its misery.

For contrarians Ariandel asks them to consider the plight of the people you're "ending" in the process of putting the world out of its misery. The DLC provides residents like the rotbed guy who is quite happy with his situation, isn't trying to hurt anybody and just wants to sleep in his rotting filth. It also gives you "badguys" who talk and explain their opinion, explicitly state that no matter how rotten their world becomes they will still consider it their home, show real emotion, and then you kill them and burn their world to ashes anyway.

The final dialogue with the corvian as the world burns is fantastic, but you're also asked the consider if you did the right thing. It's a great DLC.

What about some elemental infusion?

>abyss dragon is an unkillable stage hazard that you need to interact with filianore to initiate the real boss battle; it's optional.
Kind of like Kalameet then?

>-fanservice boss
The Grey Giant?

I-is that an infection? His skin is cracking...

You could also use an elemental infusion. Just make sure you have the corresponding stats for the infusion.

QUICK! Post weapons you're hoping get a buff in the latest patch.

My baby the Halberd just can't handle mobs. Lothric Knights and small groups of enemies are fine but the r1 just isn't fast enough pve wise. Spears don't have this problem so simply giving it a speed comparable to that weapon class should be fine.

and one of the things his souls is gonna give us is the greatshield from the screenshots

>having trouble with lost sinner in das2
seems parry doesn't work on strokes but i can't hit it after a parry (just trying to parry first time in the game now)
the shit boss bending with the room doesn't help

Have you tried the r2 swipe? Maybe you should adjust to its playstyle.

Try turning the lights on.

>The final dialogue with the corvian as the world burns is fantastic, but you're also asked the consider if you did the right thing.
You do realize that Frieda has Father Ariandal chained to the basement and has her Corvian Knights assassinate anyone that goes against her?
Burning the painting was the right choice.

THIS TOWN'S FINISHED

It's fucking stylish and ideal fashion wise for a paladin build, but it has the same AR as an Astora straight sword, but it's slower, heavier and S L O W E R, with a shit moveset.
They will never change a whole moveset anyway but if I'm allowed to dream, I want it to have the same moveset as the lance in dark souls 2 and with a much higher AR

Did you conquer the belltower?
If not, I'd suggest you do that. It might give you some additional advantage against that boss.

H E L P

>saint of the deep frying

This was a good post
Accurate points too

Yeah I think the lack of poise or whatever the fuck it's called was giving me problems. I'd basically need to get an attack off quickly and both the r1s and r2s were just a little bit too long so I'd just get staggered.

Greatswords like the claymore at least let you trade and pretty favourably too.

I don't even like greathammers all that much but holy fuck does that thing need a buff really badly. What were they even thinking with how low the damage and scaling potential is on that thing?

>the gray giant

no, it's a guy you've already heard of, he wears armour, and the knights in the second area (ie the ringed knights) are directly connected to him thematically. I'm not sure who this guy is.

>what's your source

talking to a person IRL who does localization for bamco, that's how I learned the bits about the abyss dragon, which I specifically asked about, but he didn't really tell me anything else sadly.

I only added the ??? because none of those 4 really feel like a final boss to me, and apparently there's a top-secret 3rd area nobody is allowed to talk about.

You don't need to do that anymore in SotFS, Bastille Key is right outside of Ruin Sentinels now IIRC.

its my first playthrough , clearly dont even know whats the belltower

It's awful in every way compared to the rest of its class. It has the shortest range and some of the lowest AR with a WA that's just a slightly more stylish version of the generic CS spin WA.

DaS2 lances were a joy.
They better add dual chariot lances in the DLC.

Lloyd? He's got a link with Gwyn (regardless of whether he's actually related to him) and we see his sword and shield in his rings.

Please From.
Let the game have at least ONE Great Hammer that is beautiful and usable.

Yeah, sure, and my cousin who works overseas in Japan is drinking buddies with Tanimura and he says that you're talking out of your ass.

What else did this guy tell you ? Spit it out.

Its got good range, you can believe me when I say poise isn't necessary. Greatswords/halberds shouldn't have poise either. It really makes them too good at everything. They're fast as hell with range and poise. Learn to time it, and create some distance between you and your enemies.

Please ask tanimura-sama why he likes to ruin games?

>Abyss Dragon
Kaathe is that you?

Great hammers are ugly weapons for plebians.

>talking to a person IRL who does localization for bamco
Sure you did, pal.

I can only think of Gwyn but it's very unlikely and would be quite underwhelming as it would be the third time we fight him.
I can only think of the Pygmy or LLoyd, but he is not that famous among player

Which is why Great Mace stands apart as the one exception to that rule alongside MAYBE Morne's Hammer.

Well I'll go give it a shot and see how it is. Maybe you're right. It's just that it was my weapon of choice in DS1, I used it exclusively for like 4 playthroughs in a row so getting stunlocked by hollows at the high wall on launch day really burned me out on them.

but maybe if they added some extra parry frames...

There's absolutely no question that Father Ariandel is complicit. He's visibly concerned that the fire might start, clearly unhappy about Friede dying, asks for his flail so he can whip himself as a means of suppressing the fire. He probably chained himself to the chair, and he's said to have chosen rot over fire.

Friede of course seems to be playing the role of an imposter, it looks like she's ousted a previous lady of the painting and taken her place, lying to the residents and hiding the evidence. She found happiness and a home though, so her and Ariandel's motivation is only to preserve their home. Hence I put "badguys" in quotes. You don't really belong there, and it's not your home to destroy, but it is rotting and some of the people wish to choose death and end it all. I'm assuming that burning the painting does imply everybody in it dies, so the question is whether you should get to make that choice.

There's no definite right answer, because it's not presented as right and wrong.

Nice bait.

that's all he told me, the rest I got through extensive research. there are a lot of japanese magazine articles that go into a lot more depth than anything we get here, a guy was posting them a couple days ago.

Any tips for Blackflame Friede? I've got the first 2 phases down pretty good, but I get obliterated in the third.

Why are miya suckers always little shits?

It's good not to talk about this stuff until well after the DLC is released, that way you don't end up in a vaatividya.

Vordt's is also stylish as hell
Actually Vordt's is one of those weapons that never made sense to me. Like yeah, you can stick a status effect on an ultra, but don't expect it to ever actually inflict that status. Yet if you compare it to the greatclub, it clearly lost a lot of AR to pay for its frost buildup despite that status having 0 value on an ultra.

Like, having a useless status effect on something that can't use it for flavour and lore reasons, I understand, but why factor it into damage balance when it clearly doesn't contribute anything?

Play super passively. You can pretty much dodge her indefinitely and she can really only hit you if you're carelessly trying to attack and fuck up at hitting her to interrupt her attacks.

Anyone has the pastebin of it?

>it looks like she's ousted a previous lady of the painting and taken her place
Considering the Scythe and the invisibility, this would be Priscilla right?
Any connection between the Corvians and the Crow Demons from DaS I?

Thank you
I think I'm gonna go with Vilheim set, I can se the neck on the right and it's a bit to bright compared to the silver mask

setting aside the fact that video game awards are a bought out circlejerk
>GOTY awards
utterly meaningless today, games are given GOTY awards before they even come out and they're even given GOTY awards if they're complete shit

Because From develops things within certain parameters such as optimal AR, weight and status effects and tries to keep things within certain parameters. It's why FUGS had so much AR prior to the huge nerf of it because it was the highest weight weapon in the game, same for the Carthus Curved Sword pre-nerf since that was the heaviest curved sword. To them adding a status effect on an ultra even if it is functionally useless means it has to suffer an AR penalty to compensate.

If you want any other combination then just give me a (you). I have pretty much every piece of armor.

3 to 5 bosses.

Thats nice of you. I'm sure I'm going to use the silver mask, Lucathiel headpiece have a nice hat but I don't like the mask.
Maybe the Silver mask and the old sorceror set? I think it was Griggs set from dark souls 1
Silver mask and Drakeblood set
Silver mask and Leather armor set

That's all I think.
I might go with the full Leohnard set in the end