god damn, I've been pampered by dualsports for so long

also forgot that i cant erotically jump around on the suspension at red lights

I had literally the opposite experience when riding a supermoto

>tfw no more American Standard/Naked Bikes
>tfw no 650cc single thumper
feels sad man

>rode dual sport for years
>bought supersport
>rode supersport for couple months and hardly touched the dual sport during that time
>supersport goes out of commission temporarily
>get back on dual sport
>seat too narrow
>seating position too straight
>bars too wide
>engine too weak and gears too close
>not suitable enough for highway riding and general commuting comfortably
>no wind protection
>riding the bike just feels like sitting on a toy
At least my back and knees don't get as sore on the dual sport. Also i love sitting so high up.
Its still enjoyable. I just really really want more power now.

but what about the 1190SX

If it hasn't been modded a bunch and everything works fine then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get it.

>If it hasn't been modded a bunch and everything works fine then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get it.
cool, I'm guessing it was just used for a few weekend track days, probably needed safety wire to pass tech and the tires it's currently rocking have prominent chicken strips

Is it homosexual to wear a manufacturer branded motorcycle jacket?

only if you do it while having sex with other men

so how exactly does a new rider generally get a motorcycle back home from the seller's place if it's an hour+ drive away and he doesn't own a van/pickup/trailer?

get a friend who rides to ride it for you.

is watching supercross gay, anons?
also ryan dungey is kind of a dumbass but he's a good rider desu

Tell the seller to ride it there and you'll drive him home.

It's only gay if it's Italian.

nah

why is harley davidson hated? is it just because they are overpriced, or are the both overpriced and shittier than their competitors?

slow, heavy, ancient technology, sound like shit, look like shit, owned by faggots wearing S&M gear

Expensive, dated technology, not even very reliable, not innovative, and a lot of their fans are usually Wana be motorcycle gang members who act hard all the time around the bike on the weekend, and are total pussies day to day

As with most brands, I think it has more to do with the community around it. There are lots of really great HD folks out there. There are also a lot of rude shitbids who are happy to tell you that they are the only motorcycle that anyone other than a faggot would ride. All while dressed in full black leather in the middle of summer, smelling of sweaty man ass and chewing tobacco.

98 zx6

Bike starts
runs
Idles
but when I rev it, it dies.

Fuel pump is getting no voltage.
I don't have the bike back from the shop, sent it there to get the carbs cleaned and some other minor shit and now they say the pump is getting no voltage.

Other than putting 12v to the pump when I get it, what else should I do? chase wiring? check the relay? I don't think I have a kickstand sensor or tip sensor. Give me some guidance here

Also, if somehow my pump is fucked, whats a reputable site to get one?

Been riding this baby ever weekend in the mountains, feels so good

>buy new FZ09
>dad suddenly wants to buy a Bolt

whats with this gay ass father-son shit

hes not gonna butt touch me is he

95% of the time it will be the relay. Start there. Check the switched output from the relay, if there is no voltage make sure that the hot side of the pole is actually hot. If so, make sure the coil side is actually receiving current to energize. If so, replace the relay.

I believe most kickstand and neutral safeties ground the ignition coil trigger. Just shutting off the fuel pump would allow it to continue running for several seconds.

Don't just hot wire the pump, bad mojo if you don't switch it correctly. Most are switched to only run for a short time during starting, and when the engine is turning. Otherwise after a crash you end up with the pump running and dumping fuel all over you and your overturned bike.

My dad lives across the country, I wish he was here to ride with me. Consider yourself lucky. Also Bolt is a great bike, I love mine.

im damn near retarded when it comes to electrical, how do i check the switch output from the relay?

Hopefully I can get my buddy over whose good with electrical and hopefully well get lucky with either a shitty broken wire of dead relay.

and I'm for sure not going to hotwire the pump.

Bike sat at the shop for now 5 weeks, now there's no fuel. Which, in fairness, I have no idea how carb fuel systems even work, but i wanna get this shit fixed and back on the road.

>Dad used to ride
>Sees my new bikes
>"Maybe I should get one too"
>He has brittle bones
RIP my dad

At least you have something in common with your old man, my dad just spends all his time working. Even on his days off he looks for shit to work on.

I second this.
My dad only drank into a sloppy mess until he got kicked out. I wish he would taken a common interest with me.

Get an automotive test lamp. Ground the clamp side of it to the frame. Find the wire going to the pump, carefully piercing the insulation. If there is current, the light on the tester will turn on. For checking the coil , just pull out the relay and put the tester in the contact slot.

Speaking of motorcycle electrical... Do any current manufacturers do weird shit like 6 volt or positive ground systems?

post offroad based brap machines

pic related is a bike i bought a couple days ago, planning to convert it into an offroad racing bike

Thank you. Hopefully itll get towed back soon and i can get this fucker running properly.

I finally went on a good, long, solo ride in the mountains today. This thing is fun, but I barely get out of second gear. I am also glad I got to dust off my camera today for the first time in half a year or more.

what state

only if it's harley davidson

>ride an r9t
>work lets me borrow a Hyper SP for the weekend
>would rather sit on the couch than ride the r9t again

Been riding standards/cruisers for 10 years, never knew I was a hooligan at heart. Never even attempted a wheelie before, but did one on accident on the Hyper and now I can't get enough. Fuck.

Oregon

Ride it home. Going to have to rip that band aid off eventually.

I miss riding in oregon mate, I used to live in corvallis

fender eliminator when

Yeah, we've talked before, I'm the dude in Sandy. Oregon really is nice riding, although aren't you in California now? That is probably king riding state.

who knows. modding the fz is low on my list compared to starting the 302 build for the ferd.

I am in colorado. It is pretty good.

all things considered, oregon is the best.
>best road surface
>least amount of traffic
>coasts
>mountains
>redwood forests
>farm country
>cheap
>gas is cheap

I miss it

I've never seen the redwoods, I should do that, I've lived here 3 years now. I want to ride in the desert really bad for some reason, that's on my soon to do list.

I've been riding out toward the Detroit lake area in Mt. Hood national forest lately, I dunno if you've been out there, but the ride really is breathtaking, Ive never seen anything like it before.

>be me
>ride my 2005 bandit 650 SA to work
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>work done, can't wait to ride again
>turn key in ignition, lights come on, everything normal
>turn choke on, pull clutch in, press starter button
>everything dies
>turning key no longer does anything, everything dead
>all fuses ok
>call breakdown cover, guy checks battery and all fuses with a meter, all good. Can't find what the problem is.
>tfw im going home in a van with the bike strapped in at the back, instead of on the bike

What the fuck do I do next /dbt/? I don't know nothing about no electrickery...

Yes.

At my MSF class there was dude who showed up in a well worn in blue and black leather Yamaha R1 jacket and sticker bombed to hell and back helmet.

He literally walked the bike around the entire weekend, needless to say he failed.

state forest*

most of my riding up north was coastal.

do it man. This is still hands down one of the greatest things I have done in my life, highway 1/101 is EPIC.

Nope

Evening dbt.

Today was my first time on a motorcycle and it went pretty well. Tomorrow I'd like to start practicing u-turns but I don't really have anywhere to do that. For those who didnt see my post before I am teaching myself to ride on a 1600cc Harley FXDB. This is the closest thing to "asphalt" around and it was a 3KM ride through gravel to get to. This is chipseal so its kind of like a gravel/asphalt hybrid.

The only wide open space is the lawn back at the shop I fuck around in. The town is a 45km ride via more gravel and highway.

Should I head back to this "asphalt" to practice tomorrow or would I be ok on the grass? I kept the bike upright puttering around on the grass this morning and it was kinda slick..

Thoughts on a dualsport/dirt helmet for daily riding?

have a street helmet as well, just want something for when I move to a more rural area

You should fucking kill yourself. Fucking autist

Watch that edge, fella

Damn man, did your daddy forget to use lube tonight?

Where do you live?

1. cruisers hand like shit regardless
2. grass = dropping 800lb of pigfat shit on slippery floor
3. do the math, enjoy dropping your bike on loose gravelly asphalt and causing $500 worth of fairing damage

why didnt you just get a drz

Take your (You) and go back to your containment board

English isn't your first language eh?

has yours been hit by a bus

Don't forget to tip that fedora

Look another nobike hating on cruisers, you prob watch motogp on youtube and have seen twist of the wrist 100 times but never actually swung a leg over.

Cute.

I speak native fluent english in addition to conversational Japanese, do you have an argument to couple with your pointless shitposting and fagly dunbfuckidson?

Rural Alberta here in Canada. Weather just got decent and I figured there must be more to life than working and dying so I bought a Harley and took this year off to learn to ride and see as much of North America as I can.

>assblasted cruiserfags cant handle the fact that they overpaid for an underperforming machine
btfo

Cool story nurardo

>no argument

Please see

I never ride without dianabol.

What style fedora do you prefer?

Lol, my bike cost 4 grand dawg. Overpaid my ass, yeah I could get some raty ass 600 with 18k miles on it for the same price probably, no thanks, not what I want to ride.

Only people who care what other people ride are nobikes or actual faggots.

>comes to the kitchen
>gets burned
>cant deal
>cries incessantly
"why do they persecute us cruiserfags so?"

post your bike with timestamp or gtfo

this should be a requirement for /dbt/ threads, although there would only be like 5 of us here.

Did a cruiser rider steal your bf bby?

>gets mad from online banter
how do you get through life being so btfo'd all the time

>overpaid
Everyone on here has a cheap bike.

Yeah let me just go walk outside and open the garage every time I post retard.

You guys can have your flame war I guess. Just thought I'd ask for some advice.

I like my Harley so far, feels comfortable. Was easy enough to work on when I swapped the tins for matte black ones. You're not riding it so I don't see what the issue is?

>no bike
The post

>purchases underperforming bike in an area that is not suitable for it, all while being unable to operate it competantly
>"well at least I didnt spend EIGHT thousand dollars on a piece of shit! that mean's it was a good decision!!"
why would you buy a fucking harley when you live in rural nowhere's ville that doesnt even have real asphalt roads

Because dbt is full of autism. You new?

You can't post a cruiser on here without some autist that doesn't ride motorcycles crying about how they are pigfat or some other recycled term they've read on a motorcycle forum.

>why do different people do different things
Hnmmm

>claims people should post updated bike timestamp with every post to prove they arent a nobike
>continues to shitpost without posting bike
what did they mean by this?

Exactly this.

I love my cruiser. But haters gonna hate

>"why are people telling me i made a poor decision after I made a poor decision and then aggressively shitposted about it"
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????????

I'd ride a harley if I could get one for cheap 2bh.
Say what you want, but those things look good.

The cruisers, I mean, the tourers are pretty gay unless you're a cop or something.

>sperg
The post

Yes I am new to dbt and Veeky Forums. I'm finding it very odd so far.

It's easy enough to just ignore the guys who seem to hate on cruisers.. they never actually seem to post anything bike related themselves or any of their bikes. Kind of a sad way to be when you think about it.

Kids being kids is all

>poorer turning ability
>slower 0-60
>lower top-end
>heavier
>outdated technology
>poorer suspension
>poor gas mileage
>more expensive to replace fairings/headers/anything
>associated with being retired/midlife crisis dad
if anybody is a nobike it would be retards who ride cruisers. keep living your sons of anarchy LARP dreams, I guess

You will rarely have a meaningful discussion here, all trolling aside, a good portion of the people who post here don't actually ride motorcycles. They saw their waifu riding a bike in an anime and thought they were cool, then researched them in their ample free time, but will never actually own one because unemployed/autism/social anxiety disorder etc.

The guy I call my Shopfather who has taught me how to weld, work sheet metal, build frames, wire 12v systems, rebuild motors etc explained why he rides a bagger to me.

"Can load it up with booze and fireworks to take to a rally"

Makes sense to me. He's kind of a diehard though.

>rocket 3
>slow
Son...

Yes, but what you just posted proves my point. Anyone that thinks riding is only about
>gotta go fast sanic speed, dank willies

doesn't actually ride, or doesn't understand what riding is about.

>barely able to ride a motorcycle
>suddenly full of opinions on motorcycles
>believes himself to be above those who have ridden for years on a variety of bikes in a variety of environments

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
CRUISERFAGS CANT EVEN BACK OUT OF A PARKING LOT BEFORE THEY SHITPOST

I don't like the ones with all the leather and rivets and shit.

Fat Bob looks the best to me.

Oh that's a shame I kept seeing the OP posts and thought it was a pretty organized community. That blows. Most of the communities I'm part of are building/customizing things with 2-4 wheels but nobody ever talks about riding and such so I thought dbt would be the cats ass.