>uber to work
>don't have to worry about parking
>don't have to worry about gas
>don't have to worry about bills
>can use the 30 minutes productively instead of focusing on the road

take the uber pill

>claims to care about productivity
>posts on Veeky Forums

why not just take the train then, faggot?

>I ride a bicycle

They're fraudsters taking away jobs from blue collar workers

Why don't you just start drinking soylent then you bugman faggot, meals are a waste of time that could be spent being productive

they look so happy. i wish i could experience that

thank god I don't live in a city where owning cars is a hate crime

>jewberg ACTUALLY believed this blatantly staged photo-op of him eating pig disgusting mcdonalds on some ourdoor steps with his wife was a good idea

No, you fucking KIKE, you are NOT just like us!!

>paying out the ass to get to work every day

kek

it works out to the same as if you owned a car. insurance,down payment, maintenance, gas etc.

Except you don't have any physical goods to show for it and have to plan your outings according to other peoples' schedules.

uber takes 3 minutes to arrive in my city. wow what a delay

No Uber in BC

I'd rather ride my bike desu

Not owning the ability to just stand your fat ass up from your couch, walking to your garage, and going wherever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want and not have to read a terms and conditions or worry about what data statistic you'll become.

Uber is not freedom. Uber is un-American. Honestly, you are not an American if you don't own a car.

I'm not even memeing.

this is the future of our country, everyone is an independent contractor with no benefits, using their own PPE for someone else's profit

I dd a sports car to maintain my road dominance.

Poor people and faggots use uber/public transit.

Real cabbies are all fresh off the boat Africans.
I'm more than happy to take jobs away from them.
People don't move to the US because they love the US, it's people. and its culture.
People move to the US for oportunity.
That means we're being used, that's essentially theft.

This. There is nothing in my life I hold a higher reverence for than the machine that theoretically allows me to go anywhere on the continent. I could get up from my computer right now and drive to fucking Alaska. Or Chile. I have a passport. I have a car. That's all you need. Even if I didn't have a passport, the continental United States is pretty fucking big and there's plenty of it I haven't seen. If I ever get fed up with my life, instead of an-heroing, I can just drive until I run out of money and start a new life wherever I land, as long as I have my car. I'll sell everything else first. My other possessions, my computer, my thousands of dollars of anime figures, my house. The car is my freedom.

>thousands of dollars of anime figures
no stop. they are more important than your life

hey faggot not everyone lives in big disgusting cities where uber is practical, nor would it be practical for daily commuting ever.
not to mention owning cars is the epitome of being american- you're not from around here are you?

Seriously though. This picture makes absolutely no sense.

Even if so, you would think one of the richest numales in the world would care enough about his wife to buy her comfy shoes

This guy gets it.

I suppose I will have some cargo space left after packing a couple changes of clothes, my toolbox, and 20lbs of rice.

I just imagine this guy saying all this in front of a crowd in like a motivational speech. And at the end of it where you would expect a thunderous applause everyone's just looking confused and one guy is just like:
>Did he just say anime figures?

Can't

Uber and Lyft decided to try to lobby to influence public policy and get special deferential treatment under the law over taxi companies.

Austin, Texas said "No, fuck off, you get to act like the taxi company that you are"

now Uber and Lyft are gone and we already have local replacement companies that are
a)cheaper
b)locally owned
c)non-profits that benefit area homeless

HAHAHAHAAH EAT SHIT UBERKEK AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>a 200 million dollar industry in Austin with SXSW and ACL and Formula 1

>mfw someone tries to tell me that driving isn't the most god damn fun thing in the world

I get motion sickness if I'm in a vehicle moving up and down and side to side AND can't see outside to see the world outside moving around in accordance with these sensations.

I can't read unless I'm on a steady train or a plane not going through turbulence. Big boats would probably be okay too. Being on a bus at night time makes me want to puke. It's like I was built for driving myself around. Even if self driving cars come in I would drive myself around

>bull for marriage
>don't have to worry about pleasing wife
>don't have to worry about having sex
>don't have to worry about bothering her
>can use the 30 minutes productively instead of focusing on my marriage

take the cuck pill

So your against capitalism?

The days of the owning a car being the epitome of being American are numbered. Millennials hate cars like it's their job. And when driverless cars become the only way to actually use the road, cars will be a public utility, they will be owned by everyone. Spare for the rich though.

I take uber a lot when I go drinking.

Uber's app is the real reason they are so much better than a cab.

you know who is picking you up. drivers and riders can rate each other. enabling bad people to be weeded out.

Fully autonomous cars are a pipedream, and communal property will always be rejected by the market. Millenials are simply delaying adulthood by 5-10 years, and as they have kids they'll move out to the suburbs, just as their parents did, and start buying tons of cars, just like their parents did. They're the most culturally irrelevant generation in history.

the economy does't support that life style for those entering the workforce for the past 10 years or so.

(504) 478-1719

Blow him up with some fucked shit.

>You'll never love your girl so much that you'll mow down sacred land for her

HAHAHAHAH, no they won't. I am a millennial. It's too expensive to do shit anymore. I will own a car, but chances are, I will be living in an apartment and not spending so much money my entire life because I won't have much to begin with.

Cab companies formed unions and paid politicians to make laws to create a monopoly on the service. Uber used a loophole to finally bring a new and better form of service. Uber is literally the result of capitalism. The death of Taxis is what happens when you become such a Jew that you Jew yourself.

Then get working on a fucking career instead of expecting free shit oh my God

>>don't have to worry about bills
if you live within walking distance to work

if it's a 30 minute drive...that's more than $50 a day...$1000 a month

nigger, are you insane?

Only so much I can make as an electrical engineer.

I doubt you're being paid minimum wage... learn to budget and manage your money properly or you'll end up like those old people living in housing projects, wearing 30 year old clothes and eating canned food twice a day

I make 52k a year. and have 60k of debt. I just don't have the money to spare.

Why are you replying to me? Your reply has no relevance whatsoever and is common sense

traffic dog

did you just graduate yesterday?

Last year. It will be a few decades before I can even consider saving up for a house.

The millennial flight to the burbs is already happening.

Yes of course you aren't able to get a nice home and all of that shit straight out of college. Nobody fucking did. Most likely you can already afford a house if you get a broker who knows his shit and can get you all of the first time homeowner gibs out there.

Fucking christ you instant gratification pricks piss me off.

My dad did. Never had a college degree. Bought his house at 25. I'm 23 and that goal is nowhere in sight. Stop being a boomer.

I'm an Xer. Stop being a fucking baby.

Oh great, a generation which had affordable college and good paying jobs out of college. Oh fuck off.

I know this feel. Fucking taxi in victoria cost an arm and a leg.

Yes it is, you dumb faggot. You want a mcmansion like you grew up in.

Buy a shitbox house, fix it up, and sell it when you're ready for the next step. This shit's not that hard. You dumb faggots are literally grown babies who don't even know they're babies.

Fuckin' hell we're so fucked.

t. College dropout millenial homeowner just started making six figures with only 3k in credit card debt.

>Shitbox house
Ones near me start at 180k and are in a crime-infested ghetto. I'm not fucking buying that let alone afford it. I still got 60k of student loans to pay down. I will consider all buying a home in my 40s when I no longer have debt and can start saving up.

>good paying jobs out of college
Gen X is widely considered to be a generational bust. We got shitter slammed by continual recessions and our career earning potential was permanently broken by the dotcom bust, the 2008 fuckup, etc. When I graduated from college, right after 9/11, there were no jobs, and right as things were getting better, the Great Recession hit. But I just busted my ass, planned things out, rode out some unexpected bumps, and I'm doing okay. But when I see you whining about having a good job with a steady wage fresh out of university at age 23, in the middle of an economic boom, I kinda want to smack you, you know? So sorry that everything wasn't handed to you on a silver platter without you having to so much as raise your fat, soft baby hand.

I want to be like the Travis Bickle of Uber drivers

So much retardation. There is no economic boom right now. My job is not steady, I can be fired at any time. This is the era of disposable employees. Also, my dad was a Gen X. Maybe you shouldn't have been so lazy.

lol. You're a dumb motherfucking faggot and you don't even know it. A literal stereotype.

My house cost me $120k when I bought 6 years ago and my neighbor's just sold last month for $170k. No, I don't live in a gated community but I also don't pretend my shit don't stink.

lol. "hurr durr I'm not gonna buy until in my 40's..." More like that's when you'll kill yourself because you'll be housless, wifeless, and childless because you were such a dumb retarded pussy bitch.

Keep payin' down that debt, though. Good goy. That's the "smart" thing to do.

>$120k house
You clearly live in bumfuck nowhere. Try coming to an area that has more than 5 people. Also, the debt is not going to pay itself, maybe in 10 years I can ask for forgiveness and have it expunged, but that's no guarantee.

>there is no boom right now
>boo hoo my life is terrible
Why not just kill yourself and give your spot in society to someone who isn't a bitch?

I'm sorry you were a failure and are trying to project.

Chicago suburbs. I can be downtown, at State and Madison, in 27 minutes.

Keep making excuses for yourself, you fucking baby. A literal baby.

So you're a success now? Or you're still a victim of a terrible world that didn't give you everything?
Which is it?

Stop lying.

I'm no success, but not a failure like you. The world doesn't need to give me anything. Just needs to get rid of retards like you who think that everything is just great.

The only one lying in this conversation is you. Lying to yourself. The lie that you're a grown up.

"awww boo hoo I don't want to live in a ghetto awww boo boo muh debt awww boo boo boo boo I literally can't live life unless every little thing is perfect and spoon fed to me."

Ya fuckin' baby.

t. boomer who still thinks this is the 50s.

Everything is just great because it is just great. I've been to some real ugly war-torn hellholes in the last few years as part of the philanthropy work I do, and...I dunno man, you're just a sick kid doesn't know how good he has it.

Again, I am a college dropout. I was born in 1986. I bought my first shitbox house at 25. I was just promoted and will be making six figures annually. I have $3k in credit card debt. Oh, and I drive a pretty shitbox car that I paid cash for and all the money I'm saving is going into my next home purchase and retirement and, now that I can maybe afford something a bit newer, I'll sell that shitbox to a Mexican and buy something probably 5 years old.

But you keep making excuses. Ya fuckin' baby.

You might not been given the silver platter, probably given the bronze platter. But we don't get a platter. Also, might I say, college was a total joke when you went. I'm not even a full-time employee. I'm a contract-worker with no benefits unlike you. Since that's all my shitty 3.2 GPA could get me.

You use baby a lot. Makes you think you are one. Sorry I didn't have parents who wanted to fund me like you.

Now I know this baby is retarded. Should have been aborted like the welfare queen's kid he is.

Sorry you've been spoonfed everything.

Interesting tactic, faggot. Whatever. Just bite the bullet, man. Save us all the time and the trouble. I'm out.

Maybe you should. Lot of us college grads with no jobs. We could use em.

Go fucking kill yourselves. You're ALL so fucking entitled and are so spoonfed it's not even funny.

In Netherlandistan Uber is illegal because muhhh fair competition laws. Regular taxis need all sorts of permits, training and licensing. That does however result in outrageous prices. From my town to my uni is about 28 km, yet costs 80 euros by taxi. It takes about 20-25 minutes.

Not the you replied to, but m8, why the 3.2 gpa??? Surely you could've gotten higher. If you had a 3.7x or even 3.8x your chances would be alot better

You can sure make more than me, and with an EE degree, and I have a $400k house, three Cars , etc etc

Thank Obama and Bush for letting all the poos and chinks in to gobble up stem jobs. No wonder losers just take meme degrees like women's studies now

If you can't get a decent job with an EE degree and a 3.2, it's not your grades.

It's something you are doing.

You are basically complaining that a top tier company didn't cherry pick you from the top rankings of the class.

>bragging about being an Uber taking wagecuck

user, I feel bad for you

>lazy millenial faggots crying as usual
Entitled shit cunts. I'm ashamed to be born in the same Era as you nerds

>come from lower class family that didn't own shit
>was earning 42k net out of high school because I'm not a lazy shit stain on society and people can actually tell whether you are or not after are single conversation
>earning 68k+ net five years later after almost two years of unemployment
Dont own shit though because I like to spend lotsa money on expensive consumables

Keep crying, it will really get you places

You're the worst tho

Really? I read about a driver there in /r/uberdrivers a few weeks ago.

My god you are dumb

>all this millennial posting
>tfw dad didn't raise me to be a pussy faggot
>drive my old shitbox sportscar that I got for $900 wherever I need to
>actually was taught to drive a manual
>do physical labor because it pays well and teaches you skills
>joining military to get them nice GI bill and benefits, plus learn skills
I watch my dumbass friends buying 2015 dodges and going into debt while spending all their money on stupid shit and I weep
Thank you based pops, you're not going in a home

My god you are not a nice person lol

>Thank you based pops, you're not going in a home
this is the ultimate post

>Ones near me start at 180k and are in a crime-infested ghetto.
Lel. Come to Australia. The shitbox houses in crime infested ghettos here start at $500,000. $1M if you live in Sydney.

I love just reading people justifying being poor by being poor, it's like reading a tabloid with retards.

Hurr dude my house is worth as much as a low end trailer in a trailer park WRK HARD LIEK ME AND YOULL SUCCEED.

And if you make above 45k and you're >3 years out from college, stop bitching and learn that maybe going away to college for "da expepricene" wasn't worth it. Shits fucked, pricing of shit makes no sense, but don't fall into it and play victim.

Burn down capital hall if you don't like it or choke on a dick and shut up all of you

You cna go literally anywhere outside of the major cities (except minijg towns) and buy a three bedroom house for under 200k though...

Uber is super great in my area but you are fucking crazy if you think ubering every single day to work is anywhere close to the cost of a car. Like any sizable commute will totally fuck you, Uber isn't THAT much cheaper than a taxi.

yeah sure if you split it 3-4 ways it will be cheaper but then you're basically using public transit that is just a bit more efficient essentially.

Owning your own car is still more convenient, at least currently.

You were raised poor and hit for complaining about it. You're not better than anyone

Bull fucking shit, what suburb?

America has no culture

I can drive a stick so I can shitpost on Veeky Forums about that. I call that a win