/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Kixstar has nice hair :3

Pro League is live if anyone cares

WHOAD DUDE STOP SHILLING FOR UBISOFT

>"who knows we might see a 10-0 from Elevate"
>bursts out laughing

CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

nobody gives a flying nigger about proleague

>No edition name
>No warning telling newfriends to read OP FAQ to find out why not to buy starting edition
>No mission successful message

But why

wrong

If nobody did, then pro league wouldn't exist. :)

Are you guys jealous of the pro league players because you're garbage? Honest question and i'm excepting HONEST answers ofc

I want to start spiffying up my operators and I have around 35k in renown. My mains are Sledge, Smoke, Rook, Thermite, Jager and Fuze.

What is the first/best headgear that I can get?

It's fun to watch the competitive meta get pushed to its limit. Gives a different perspective on the balance of the game outside of pub play.

>joins a losing match

>shilling for a company whose game you already play
I know you're being ironic but I know people feel this way

What about a flying Leaf :3?

I'm not garbage, but hell yeah I want to be good enough to make money off playing video games, have comfy online friends and have a channel with hundreds of thousands of subscribers like Macy or Serenity.

Nope, did enough time helping out in high tier for other games. Pro players tend to be man-children.

Now I play for fun and don't expect to get out plat.

Why would you want to watch others play when you can just play the game yourself?

Neither MJ or Serenity are pro players.

Whatever you want nigger, come on.
It's personal preference. You're the one representing yourself, stop expecting people to hold your hand with every little choice you make.

Better than joining a winning match which they start losing after you joined.

really nigga

The second point is moot since it says for new friends to read the FAQ to begin with.

It was becoming rather prevalent that if you just left it as is, idiots would ask "BUT WHY DONT I BUY THE STARTER EDITION LOL"

Because pro players don't play the game "the way it's MEANT to be played!" which is apparently supposed to mean something.

>joins a winning match

>Already a rehost
E-SPORTS READY

im playing yakuza 0 atm, but i still want to see and talk about some r6 shit at the same time

Its good to see the pro players have just as much trouble getting into a match as we do

To learn.

Is it really that technically challenging to host a 5v5 FPS match?

Get out of*

Rook's crenelation (I think that's what it's called? Not on the PC at the moment to check) is one of the best in the game.

Learn new things? Or if you just want to chill or something you don't have to play.

...you can't just watch a YouTube video or play ranked to learn new tactics?

Serenity is on a team for sure, just not a good one. He's on Astral.

Macy I think is too. They're just always there at the finals on the panel because their teams aren't good enough.

>join match
>its just 1 guy v 5
>he wins
>next round is 5v5

What if that youtube video is pro league footage?

my biggest issue with Caviera was how twitchy and fast she was with that SPAS-15 side strafing you up close

but holy fuck Jackals PDW deals with her perfectly, hipfire+50 rounds for those close range attacks when she surprises you and you can still plink someone long range with the agoc and magazine size after the first engagement.

am I a pleb for using laser sights on SMG's like that? it seems to work

You're really grasping at straws here kek

You learn more from pros than pubbies.

>To learn.

PDW or AR for Jackal?

Nigger, I'm asking for suggestions, not for people to pick for me. Do you know how confusing the ingame shop is? I'm just trying to shorten the list of options.

Thanks

If memory serves, Jackal's PDW has one of the best hipfires so I guess the laser could help but consider if you really need it?

What's the problem?

Both are strong. Play some matches and find which one you prefer.

No problem!

People don't like learning.

>gets called out on being a sperg and watching other spergs play the game
>"y-you're grasping at straws"

lmao

You're watching nerds play a video game to "learn", is what I'm guessing.

>be lv 40
>in pregame lobby
>rest of my team is lv 2-30
>4/5 of the other team is lv 120-200 silver and gold players with the same clan tag
>say oh god here goes another 0-3 match were
get wiped out the first minute of each round
>we animate them 3-0
>their entire team even gets zero kills one round

AR was better before the nerf, imo the PDW just offers more right now. it's more flexible in close range

Watching someone else do something is how people learn.

Do you think pro athletes never once watched their progenitors to learn techniques?

I hope one of the new operators has something to do with trap doors, that would be neat

>see ash put a charge at a weird angle
>see her butt squished against the other corner
>????
>Oh.

Do the other barrels need downsides like the silencer reducing damage?

>comparing sports athletes to a bunch of nerds playing a video game

Gotta learn from the best so I can be just like the pros, guys! Kinda like the athletes in sports!

tacticool

jewfus

smart

I like it

But if the nerds are the best at the game then obviously there's a lot to learn from them.

>*gets thunked*

Just got bamboozled on G2A with a starter key instead of the full version key. Is there a way to upgrade to the full version?

Something to that effect yes. There is nothing wrong with watching by learning.

hope you got the G2A Shield™

actually the shield is a ripoff just start a case with Paypal about product not as described, ez mone back

Clan tags abd levels mean nothing. They'll be more coordinated, sure, but skill level is still variable. This is why high level players can be matched with low levels in ranked.

I kind of wish the damage reduction was just removed. There really isn't a need for it. To me it just feels like they put it in because every other game does the same thing.

There is IIRC but it's like 30$.

Thanks, that's what I'm doing. Fucking sucks because usually G2A is perfectly fine.

Of course not. There's something wrong with wanting to watch spergs play a game for hours in order to "learn" instead of just playing the game yourself.

I really dig that top-down view thing they have in the pro league

There's more skill in this game than a bunch of dudebros hulking at each other.

now that glaz got buffed castle is in an even worse position than he's ever been in. how do we save him /r6g/?

It's Spectator mode. You can do it yourself in a Custom game.

Who was the seller?

Yes, that's the spice. It's also okay to just watch for the spectacle as well.

That is where you are incorrect

Really? That's neat. I've never played a custom game I'll have to try it out later

I wish they used it all the time. Pro league is about strategy, sure sometimes they get sick flicks but a lot of the time you've no idea what's going on because of the first person cam.

What exactly is wrong with that?

He should play his name more literally. Castle now places a mortar and stone wall in a window or doorway. Multiple explosives or Sledge hits to break, immune to bullets.

Quit feeding the trolls.

yeah people here just like to trash proleague and call them shit when they themselves are not better (if not worse).

Seems very specific. Then again trap doors on top floors are one of the biggest headaches for defense.

Maybe a gadget that you put on ceilings in general?

That would take eternity to set up

That you're watching nerds play the game instead of playing it yourself.

>Teamkill

Clearly, they're operating at a level I can't even comprehend.

>Continuum losing 0-4

>This guy sperging out about watching pro league because he his jealous
la mao

Nobody is trashing their skill, they're trashing watching the pro league.

I would LOVE a defender that could do something about skylights and roof panels.

Another idea for an operator is one that can put a ladder on holes to climb up or something. (Stupid, I know.)

>tfw watching the pro league on the tv with a big ass plate of hot wings and rc cola

>using nerd as an insult
Reddit tier.

>he his
>calling others spergs when you're the one watching spergs play video games

La mao, indeed. Please tell me what there is to be jealous about.

Does browsing the general or looking at anything siege related make anyone else want to play the game?

>Please tell me what there is to be jealous about.
being good at the game kek

>got triggered i used nerd as an insult

Found the class's punching bag.

>Watching pro league like a fatass.
I'm sorry.

Sometimes. Usually I read the general when I'm not able to play or doing other things, though.

Wish I could, but I'm currently in a hotel after visiting some family and my PC is at home.

Reddit colonist.

drop the name you dumb nigger

>jealous at being good at rainbow six siege

Holy fuck, are you really this desperate?

I'm white as paste, tyvm!

proof

LOL GUYS LETS PLAY STRAT ROULETTE AND IF YOU DONT WE TK YOU

Hey, nerd. Are you upset I called you a nerd? Mind if I just borrow these glasses off your stupid face? Haha! Oops! Guess I broke them. Sorry about that.

Sorry that I just triggered you.

Calm down.

s-s-s-s-s-perg