/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Koko best waifu

For Breath of the Wild 2, what are some more classic Zelda style items that they can add in to have as actual dungeon rewards without breaking the whole 'open world' idea?

I was thinking something like the Gust Bellows, Lens of Truth, or hookshot, all of which could be used to make really neat puzzles but ones that are still totally solvable if you don't have the actual required item.

Why does Lon Lon Ranch exist so far in the future?

I WANT TO FICK FU

Lon Lon Ranch always exists in Downfall, user. Especially in places that it shouldn't.

>Masks of the Wild never
>you will never roll around at the speed of sound as a goron
>or play superman 64 2 as a rito
Let's write letters to nintendo I'm sure they'll listen

Bombchus.

best OP pic

What do you prioritize when you get 4 Spirit Orbs? Hearts or Stamina? I find myself increasing stamina more.

Because it's a reference for nostalgia, stop thinking about the timeline, Nintendo clearly doesn't.

Malon's song transcends time and space...and alternate realities.

Hearts until I get the sword->Stamina

Superman 64 had functional controls while flying unlike that fucking bird in SS

DEEPEST

You genuinely don't need more than 2 bars of stamina imo...tho I suppose the same could be said for hearts at a point

LORE

You don't need more than 2 bars of stamina but it's faster, whereas once you get good armor and good at dodging hearts stop being a really meaningful upgrade in any way.

I was getting stamina until I realized you need those hearts for the master. Once I got them I went full stamina again.

Just have them available at the outset like the runes in botw.

either can be replaced with food, though I feel there's more hearty items out there than endura

Hearts for sure, don't be afraid to grab some stamina because a 2nd stamina bar works wonders for climbing and gliding

Best Dorf design
Prove me wrong

Definitely.

>with real bulge action in melee

Having everything available from the outset kinda kills progression and makes dungeons much less fun. That's the reason people like dungeons in Zelda, getting items and improving and seeing the things you can do open up. Having everything available from the start is nice because you're always able to go anywhere and do anything, but on the other hand I was kinda disappointed that there was really nothing 'new' for me to learn once I got off the plateau beyond how to manipulate what I already had better. I'm not suggesting make shrines that require you to have items, I'm asking for ideas that could provide you with alternate solutions to problems. Like being able to get around using the hookshot with use of climbing, jumping, and updrafts, or getting around using bombchus by using bombs+stasis, or cheesing lens of truth puzzles through environmental hints/dropping items/good old fashioned trial and error, but having them opens up a whole new world of options.

I'd glady take this as a replacement for TP dorf for smash. just...please no more TP zelda characters

What did Link do all day with Paya?

Did enyone else leave these 2 here forever?

Fuck her silly, what else

2edgy4me

Of course, I don't want degenerates around my home

The wedding never ends.

Searched her body for that paya shaped birth mark.

w-why? What does he want with it?

I fucking wish, but I accidentally talked to Bolson and he headed back to Hateno and I didn't feel like loading.

>Went through all divine beasts except the gerudo one
Leaders kept teasing about the master sword in the lost woods
>Have legit no idea where it is and the map was far from being completed

Somehow it was the last place I went so there was a lot of buildup for me and oh boy did It not disappoint. I didn't mind the framerate because I believe they wanted the visuals to be perfect but the second I entered the lost woods I had nonstop goosebumps.The whole sequence was magical. I didn't have enough hearts at the time so it motivated me even more to get the master sword.

I honestly don't think they'll top something like this ever again.

I mean, dungeons can still give magic. Hopefully handled better (more like oot than botw), but that's what it does in botw and it works great. None of the spells actually offer means to complete puzzles that puzzles could or would be based on (except revali's gale, which is disabled in shrines anyway), theyre just good shit to have.

>not dual katana's.

Quest objective.

>Synced swing
Thank god for fire arrows

Shame the actual sword is pretty mediocre. Still, you're right, they nailed the aesthetic. It's visually exactly what the master sword scene in alttp evoked in my imagination when I was a kid, but with way more buildup.

I honestly kind of missed them while they were gone. I thought I hated them. But hey, they keep the fire going for me. Might be the only friends I've got in this big world.

Paya, in an act of boldness, told Link that if he could find her birth mark she would give him 2 whole hearts. To this day they have never seen Link tackle a challenge so enthusiastically or repeatedly.

Hey fi isn't all bad. Great free weapon when I don't want to use my good stuff or I'm hanging out in hyrule castle

>can't go back into the Divine Beast to talk to your dead friends
dumb fucking game I'm mad

> 60 dmg blue glowing invulnerable ganon touched killing Master Sword folded a gorillion times

You what mate? It's the most satisfying weapon to cut off guardian legs with.

I don't understand this part of the game either.
Why exactly can't he go back inside?

You take that back, the master sword is the best hammer/axe in the game.

Do you farm arrows? This is after like 8 minutes in a field with three bokoblins on horses shooting at me and missing. I'm set for a while

I WANT TO FUCK FI

It's only invulnerable against Ganon himself
Even when powered up it can break against Guardians or inside the castle

I imagine it's because the malice plays a big role in the dungeons and they were too lazy to make malice-free versions of the dungeons to explore.

Never needed to.
Once you're about to run out the shops restock.

If it breaks can you get it again or is it gone forever? I probably shouldn't spoil myself and just play the game but I gotta know this

Because it's taking aim at Ganon and it's dangerous to get any closer

it recharges, nothing spoiled.

It repairs itself in your inventory

I know that the story told you so, but that's a pretty shitty reason, honestly.

Oh thank god

How long does it take to deplete when it's glowing? I've killed heaps of Guardians before leaving the area so I didn't sit there forever to find out. Any ideas?

Because they are dead and gone.

I don't think the game stops you from paragliding into the laser either.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

The path to zora domain gives you a ton of regular arrows. hyrule castle is a good place to stock up on multiple varieties. Shock arrows are obvious.

Sure, that's why they don't hold their speech once you attack Ganon, right?

What area has the best horses?

I'm more surprised you have no elemental arrows.
Farming lynels I got up to 200 electric ones.

Speaking of, I need the horns of the 3 dragons for the barbarian armor upgrade, how do I get them?

Sheikah loli is best loli

Shoot the dragons in the horns.

I'm still pretty early in this game compared to most of the general it seems. I feel like I'm pretty far in but I'm soooo far behind.

I went super-north looking for diamonds and saw a big red dragon (iirc it was a Dinryuu) floating around a huge whale skelly, should I try to kill it?

I hate going dragon-chasing.

I've made no real progress either actually. Haven't even touch the 4 main areas yet

Hyrule Castle hast chests with horns, scales, claws, etc.
But only one each.

Probably the worst thing in this game. I hate these dragons so fucking much

yes but you can't succeed
it drops some cool stuff if you hit it with a single arrow

>kill it?
this isn't Skyrim

This ain't skyrim, brother

It's really not that hard.

It registered as a monster so I assumed that's what I'd want to do.
Thanks, I'll head back up there, I only have like eight hearts, two stamina expancs, and kinda garbage armor and equip, the Lyonel on top the Zora mountain took me three tries to kill.

Where the hell do I find Energetic Rhino Beetles?
I was seeing them everywhere before, but now that I actually need them they've vanished from the world.

Are any of you considering speedrunning BotW, whether it's All Dungeons, Any%, or some other category? I kinda want to do All Dungeons.

the longest run is going to be All Memories, probably
any% looks kind of boring, there aren't enough glitches to make it interesting yet

lurelin beach area. use the sensor, and they reset if you sleep in the inn

100% or bust

J-just gotta find two more giant ancient cores

Spike had an idea for a "complete" run where you get true end requirements plus the master sword. It's arbitrary, like ocarina of time MST, but the routing would end up very tight eventually if it took off. MST was very popular.

Right now, it's far more interesting as a casual game. Any% already kind of sucks.

>HW dorf in WW dorf outfit
This is clearly the only correct answer for best dorf

>Finally got a 5x Lynel Bow and enough bomb arrows

I'm about to make Dresden look like a fucking joke

Never, I understand why a speed run would be appealing but I feel like this game begs to be taken slowly & soaked up for me.

My favorite part of any% is when the horse decides to stop giving a fuck and just bodies a Guardian.

that's just all memories, isn't it?

I'm sorry, who

>only finding it
Is Paya an exhibitionist?

I learned today that you can dye the Wild set. I was about to throw the towel in when I realized it was a different shade of green than what the dye shop offers.

Now if only I could find a horse that wasn't 4/3/4. Seriously, what is up with that spread.

And enough shrines to get 13 hearts

>American education

Shit, I guess you're right. I forgot about the memories triggered by MS and the divine beasts. Nice compact name, too.