Why are Americans too stupid to drive manual?

Why are Americans too stupid to drive manual?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.com.au/motor-news/bmw-mdivision-dualclutch-gearbox-dead-on-water-20170418-gvndyw.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obsessed uro poor, I'm so sorry for your mum.

Manual is a meme, only fags pretend like its hard.

Reminder that sage goes in all fields.

Shit, so mostly everyone on here really drives automatic?!?!?! Im a newfag to Veeky Forums and dont know shit about cars. Please educate me

I know it is bait but I'm still going to reply. Nobody cares if you can drive manual. It doesn't take a lot of skill to learn and auto is more practical.

>Hydrallic clutch
>Hard

Nah, most people on Veeky Forums drive manual (the proper way,) while only a select few of special snowflakes say an auto (wrong one) say it's better because they're dumb millennials

Plenty of young people in Europe, besides very poor people, only drive automatics.

It's usually dumb teenage girls with more makeup then braincells

maybe it's because I work as an engineer but about 50% of my male colleagues have manuals.

But Veeky Forums told me even 16 year old girls in Europe drive manuals. That is false though. Most young people in Europe drive automatics unless they're poor and can only afford manuals or are "enthusiasts". It's about the same why Americans drive manuals except that not all cheap cars here are manual.

>implying Americans aren't ahead of the curve (as always) by driving automatics.

drive.com.au/motor-news/bmw-mdivision-dualclutch-gearbox-dead-on-water-20170418-gvndyw.html

Because manuals in America are a premium item.

>MFW CABLE CLUTCH

because we're too busy getting road head from ur mum fagit

The vast majority of young drivers in most European countries drive manual because you basically have to take your test in one. If you take your test in an auto you can't legally drive a manual and people look at you like you're retarded (having an auto-only licence can seriously harm your job prospects)

Source? Everyone I know drives manuals, even the loaner cars from shops are manuals here.

This.

America was a mistake.

I always attribute to the pursuit of luxury, which ends up being the pursuit of laziness.
Why move a stick and use your left foot to push a pedal when you can just have an automatic transmission to do that work for you?

Plus, the whole 'I want a driverless car' meme doesn't help.

Driving a manual is much more organic and interesting than a mundane auto.

Years of practice at not thinking.

American with a manual here. It's great if you aren't in traffic.
I would think that would make it even worse in euroland as you are packed like cattle.

Why are Europeans too stupid to do fractional math?
>muh metric system, muh divide by 10

Inbreeding, lack of education, cultural laziness and anti-intellectualism.

quality shitpost boys

Texasfag with a 5 speed here. Traffic isn't so bad. Just keep a nice gap and don't skip leg day.

My daily is a DSG autotragic though, I'll admit. More and more though, when I drive an automatic, it feels less like I'm driving the car and more like I'm telling a computer what to do.

Autos are ubiquitous here for the same reason all cars now have AC. It used to be a luxury item, and it became so popular (re: Cheaper) that it became the normal.

>mfw 3 pedals and a cable actuated mechanical throttle body

Like Europe isn't the world champion of bookburners right now.

You should hire a refugee to shift for you.

Auto makes it easier to text and drive

Because it's literally obsolete technology.

I actually see a lot of recent models of cars in manual in my city (Toronto), which would surprise you since Toronto has terrible traffic. I myself daily a manual car.

Manual's only better if you work on your own car. You should see how adorably petite my '61 three-speed is. Easy as pie to work with.

This is sadly accurate.

not really, if anything it makes the car cheap as fuck since no one will touch it.

i got a sonic for far under value with less than 40k miles because meme stick

depends on the car bro, if you have a s2k in automatic you can bet your ass nobody will want it

Mericunt here, both my cars are manual, and my parents both know how to drive stick, stop acting like it's hard,.my buddie asked if he could try to drive my car (never drove stick before) and was able to drive me around the block without stalling once. I fucken love stick but our area has a fuck load of hills and traffic sucks dick with a manual car so I don't blame people for driving autos

well that is a dedicated sports car so makes sense.

but for just about any other type of vehicle (econbox , truck, suv) it deficiently reduces the value to the average american

>Practical
If as practical you mean bother to even drive it, then sure
A uber is also more practical, consider it.

Most Americans just want to get from A to B. The cluster of faggots trying to re-live F&F scenes while they deliver pizza are in the minority.

People who want their cars to get from A to B should leave Veeky Forums

Most Americans are fucking subhuman trash. Why should I care about what they think?

This

My v8's minimum speed is ~8 mph. traffic doesn't move at 8mph which means I get to play the on and off again game with some nascar tire warming game if it's moving at 6mph. I'm wondering if maybe a 1.1l diesel has a lower minimum speed.

Also have cable with mech throttle body. That feel when in some "modern" fly by wire you can put the pedal to the floor and lift off before the computer reacts

Just leave a fucking gap and roll
Not that fucking hard user

Mustang GT with manual is more desirable than the auto. The opposite is true for the v6 models.
In terms of resale value.

Implying you can have a gap that is larger than one car and not have someone take it.
Though that poster said he was in texas, here in cali that spot disappears instantly.

Last I checked, you're still fucking illiterate, and continental europe has been a dead loss since the french revolution.

it also makes sense because the s2k was manual-only so if it has an automatic, it's been seriously fucked with!