Overtakes you

>overtakes you

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#SAE_net_power
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he's probably racing to go to a meetup with other faggots. no worries

No he's probably trying to catch up to that minivan that passed me 20 seconds ago. Must've been a heck of a race.

You will never pass me

>overtakes you
he can't overtake my minivan

>rockets past him with the mighty power of EcoBoost, brought to you by Ford Motor Company

Are you sure you want to do that?

>gt86
>over taking anything ever
my civic si says no

>not so fast

Daily reminder that subaru has had this issue for 6 years now and REFUSES to fix it and would rather rely on you to void your warranty to fix it.

>ricer flyby

Considering I don't ever go above about 65mph in my XJ, I'm neither surprised nor upset. Keep going, little Toyota, you're going to win the race!

>only makes 170hp
>advertises it as 205
How can they keep getting away with this?

*Watches Toyota skid out because of Prius tyres*

>literally

>Don't give a shit and keep letting my car drove me while I get a massage

When mazda did this with the rx8 they offered a buy back program.

With toyobaru you"re stuck with the torqueless wonder.

>overtakes 86 cuck in moms minivan
>crash on the first corner because it's a FWD piece of shit
>86 cuck drifts the corner and drives off at a not at all impressive pace
>mfw cucks are enjoying their cars and not no prep grudge racing at the strip
>mfw I have no face because it's smeared over the dashboard of moms car
>tfw no tendies for a month

>enjoying their cars
Heresy!

I literally learned about this car on this board. Then I watched YouTube videos of the men who justify buying them and all of them were fuckin losers

Every positive review of this car is based on the fact it is so slow LOL

Reviewers are like "because this car is so slow it's more fun to drive because you are flooring the pedal vs scrubbing off speed with brakes"

Like really

So being slow as fuck is a benefit now ?

>Then I watched YouTube videos

Pretty high chance those are chassis dyno numbers. Just about every car's "advertised" numbers are based on an SAE test procedure that measures output at the crankshaft with all accessories attached and the car's exhaust system in place, so everything from a Camry to Ferrari puts out lower than advertised numbers on a dyno.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#SAE_net_power
>...automakers began to quote power in terms of SAE net horsepower in accord with SAE standard J1349. Like SAE gross and other brake horsepower protocols, SAE Net hp is measured at the engine's crankshaft, and so does not account for transmission losses. However, the SAE net power testing protocol calls for standard production-type belt-driven accessories, air cleaner, emission controls, exhaust system, and other power-consuming accessories. This produces ratings in closer alignment with the power produced by the engine as it is actually configured and sold.

You have to go fast if you have bought a car like that. Otherwise people will notice how ugly it is.

Driving is really not all about 60 foot times. Having a 900 whp engine isn't hard, and there's a reason that the application for high power is so limited.

If you're going around a track, after you have a certain amount of power, the most important thing for going faster is brakes and tires. Then suspension, weight, and balance. Then wheels and aero.

The best way to be going fast is to not be going slow. If you have a massive chunk of cast iron under your hood, you're going to have to brake a lot sooner and harder, while the 1.6L Miata that you're up against can take the same corner in 4th gear and then lap you 3/4 of the way through the track.

There's something to be said for how the driver interacts with the car too. If you're only ever at 15% throttle because you have too much power, you're scared to go higher because you'll enter a corner way too fast, or be going too fast to be able to react to unforseeable circumstances.

I'm not saying that an athletic engine isn't important It's absolutely critical. But power isn't everything.

>POWER OVERWHELMING MY LIFE FOR AIURE
Yeah.

Past like 300 whp, shit gets crazy.

implying the losers on this board no anything about actual racing
you're wasting your breath with these faggots.
while some are 14 and incessantly say: LOL MINIVAN LOOK MOM I SAID THE MEME AGAIN xDxD XDDD,
others are literally autistic and bench race day in and day out.
all they know about cars is what they see in forza or what they read on the burgerking laptimes page.

Net was the standard around the world for decades before SAE J1349, the only country that quoted Gross crank power was the USA.

Doesn't surprise me, they are faster than my S2000 and I accept that.

Sadly Miata fanbois aren't as open about having an inferior car.

Why the fuck would they give the car a flat-4 instead of a straight-4?

*overheats you*

Sup poorfags?

Because Subaru lead the design

This car is really nothing like the ae86 anyone who tries to memes their way into thinking this car is some kind of throw back is a retard

>low end model Ferrari

Everyone knows you are a poser :')