/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Don't Hate, Ventilate
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKO7TxuNxY
piratepad.net/3EbSx7W9zL
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxu_y8ABajQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actual first for report & hide all Kniggers

actual second for /kspg/

>spent the last few days playing tons of dying light
That game has some comfy moments, especially when it starts raining at night.

I never knew how much I wanted a more military oriented 3d factorio with weather cycles.

i swear all those spikes makes me feel uncomfortable

Fif for idk

Just passing through.

Good night /egg/
Stay safe

this gave me a brilliant idea.
Imagine, if you will, a world where tanks don't have flat treads, but rather, loads and loads of wheels instead.
Maximum tonk sanic.

Do we have a new spengies server

You're thinking about APCs.

No, no.
Not that.
A tonk where instead of flat slats making up the track, each part of the track is a motorized wheel.

So I did a survival start on Mars. Mined, put hydrogen thrusters on my spawn ship and go into orbit and see pic related.

Mars has a giant mountain or pimple.

*Asshole with piles

What?

It's obviously a giant asshole with severe hemorrhoids

.... Please do draw something up. I'd like to see you attempt this.

So you're gonna put rollers on instead of tread links? And you're going to power them somehow??

sounds retarded
guess you could replace the rubber pads on tank tracks with tube rollers?

Not actually rollers, that was the best example of what I'm going for.
Two sets of wheels on either side of the thingies the gears on the treads go into, powered by stronk electric motors.

There's no way in hell you could get any power from the engine to all of those in any manner resembling efficiency. Electric motors would probably be the most feasible if all of those are going to be moving, but you're not going to get any significant torque out of that.

No matter which way you slice this, you're not going to get more speed or traction than wheels or treads.

There's a reason why I opened with "Imagine, if you will, a world where,"

Oh, alright. Yeah I mean if you had some handwavium power supplies for a bunch of unobtanium electric motors, it might be feasible.

>one motor slightly varies
>instant implosion

>no /egg/ where you mess with the "laws" of reality through autism and engineering

>farming in mengies requires moving machines to plow, plant, and harvest things
>spengies is magic blocks
What if manufacturing and refining in spengies used real moving parts?

>What if manufacturing and refining in spengies used real moving parts?

>Have a field that i want to plow to plant seeds
>Use a machine that uses rotating parts to plow
>Suddenly, CLANG

Eh, it could be fine

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKO7TxuNxY
Imagine

32nd for transparent orange chainsaws

>have a "woah nigga you expect me to read all that shit" level of ideas for spengies gameplay redesign
>don't know if a nigga would be willing to read all that shit

Im not a nigga but i'll read it

I'll shit in a piratepad after I get done eating

that music is absolutely cancerous

Shitting beginning
piratepad.net/3EbSx7W9zL

The absolute madman. I would never ever do such a thing with my legos. When i accidentally drop them on the floor of a 10 square meters almost empty room they vanish into nothingness like they never existed at all, sometimes they make me quesion my own existence or the reality of the world i live in.
This man is bringing his bricks in an environment with several hundreds orders of magnitude higher risk of losing them.

you mean a CLANG monster like this?
It dosent work.

The major achievement of that thing is the size. The technique is poor, horrible studding, the airplanes are ugly, the AWACS looks insultingly bad, the 75 is a sticker rather than using bricks, the comms stack is literally the same block stacked 20 times, and the dudes running around aren't even properly suited/matched.

But hey, it's a big lego aircraft carrier, so that is kinda cool. Judging from the parts, this was built about 10 to 15 years ago, so some things were a bit more limited, especially in the SNOT department. And, for what it's worth, it's compatible with the general LEGO product line.

5/10, it's big.

>always wanted to get back into lego
>but the prices are too high
Also I still have nightmares about looking for that one piece that you saw one second ago but now can't find at all

Isn't the MGS1128 Stryker an AFV/FSV? That configuration of the Piranha cannot transport any personell other than the crew operating the vehicle itself, and if I recall correctly, they have cooling vests because they'd otherwise pass out from overheating. Still, 105mm of freedom.

You should try some delicious microscale building, user.

Reminds me of the ships from House of the Dying Sun

>looking over the ideapad
>mechanical block painter
Indaresdding

that's olympus mons, you spaz
the unolyth is there (first of the monolyths)
clang was with you the whole time, even from the very start
>thrusters on ground vehicle
what kind of a pleb are you?
that was not me, but ditto. this time with more than 3% simspeed pls

/egg/ based around engineering the perfect vodka

>vodka
Lel. This scrub doesn't even make moonshine.

>doesn't know moonshine can be vodka
lulz

>doesn't specifically make sure his moonshine is as far away from poor slavshit as possible
lool

>drinking ethanol
>not methanol

>drinking ethanol
>not methanol
>This faggot DRINKS his booze instead of selling it for 800% profit.

Jesus, man.

Wrong, I drink the methanol and sell the ethanol

>he doesn't run his car off it

Just gets worse and worse.

>he hasn't infected himself with alcohol powered nanomachines
Cars are physician tier

Everyone here is already watching /egg/spanse.

Also, it's not like he'll have to worry about that arm anymore.

>Everyone here is already watching /egg/spanse.
I'm not.

DO IT FAGGOT

Seriously, this shit's good. I binged on it over the weekend, and I can't wait for next what is it, Wednesday?

REMEMBER THE CANT

>Seriously, this shit's good. I binged on it over the weekend, and I can't wait for next what is it, Wednesday?

>tfw you're A FUCKING LEAF, so you have to pirate it or sign up for a shitty clone of hulu and a tv package

>tfw you don't own a fucking tv

>tfw you honestly cannot be fucked to pirate the second season

>tfw they litterally stole the flood from halo, and the very big bad evil government is boring as fuck

Why do scifi writers have to steal this shit? They can do L I T T E R A L L Y anything and they choose to gibsmedat.

>you're a leaf
I thought you could watch this shit on space.ca?

Plus, the government isn't all that evil. Just corrupt. As for the Flood, that shit reminded me more of the Beast.

>a fucking leaf

>use ebin lmaoo cranes to handle ice
>screw the torque needed to move bigass ice shard, they don't even feel the need to secure this shit
>fuckfuge part of crushed ice doesn't even dent the structure
>having personnel outside safe zones while at work...

I don't think I want to watch this show...

As long as people are watching the /egg/spanse, people should watch Royal Space Force

Red dorf best spess show

>not just enjoying it and chalking up all the mistakes to writers and ebin futuretech

If it makes you feel any better, they're basically space gypsies. They even have their own warped version of english.

I'm not going to get up at a specific time to watch their bullshit, I'm going to binge it or nothing. All they have for me to stream right now is some articles written by an idiot and this shit

>space gypsies
>working
now you totally killed it

I get fucking annoyed by every dropped ball in pogeymen, do you think I am sane enough to put shit of that calibre away?

>start accelerating at around 1g
>phase through the ship almost immediately under thrust
>get up to 3000 m/s
>floating point errors jolt the entire ship forward every few seconds
I just want muh sanic

They've been upgraded with A/C. The computers still overheated like crazy. And If you really needed to, you could jam a half-dozen or more extra pax inside.

cyka

кypвa

There was a guy on Veeky Forums writing rules for fleet battles with custom designed lego ships in microscale not too long ago, shit was dope.

Why the fuck aren't there more lego tabletop games?
They'd go so well together

>DO IT FAGGOT
Nah. but I'll put it at the end of my backlog.

NO! STOP BULLYING ROBBIT

>build a 100mw freud-tier railgun in chode
>slap 120mw of reactor power onto the ship
>fire that thing
>runs out of power immediately, tells me it only has 120mw out of the 100 it needs

What is this shit.

ENGINEERING

Perhaps there's a fucking 17% inefficiency in powering it? How hot does it get?

Combat heat is 424 megawatts, as for the reactor itself, it doesn't show overheat alerts during combat or in the build menu.

Railgun and crew module are literally the only systems on that ship that draw power.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qxu_y8ABajQ

I suspect that the energy drain data of turreted guns is inaccurate because the momentum wheels' power requirement doesn't add to the total.

>the bridge between human behavior and totally robotic behavior is predictive rendering happening real time, and the body behaving as such, updating its motions with each interpolated "tick" of perceived trajectory
>when instantly given the answer, the movement is far faster, but less smooth to the extreme
>to make robots better, we have to make them worse

>one day we will have cybernetic predictive pathing of physical objects

no john, you are the robots
this is absolutely amazing, but I don't think we should make them worse, smoothness of movement and "appearing" normal is not the priority. I don't care how it moves, I want to work in different environments without a fault. It is does it well, but in extremly weird "robotic" way, then I'm fine with it
Bigger problem is the lack of proprioception and reactions in robots' programming. Fucking hell, robocoders should be allowed only C and after few years of training they should be introduced to agent-programming, nowadays it's "oh i need a visual tool, or I won't understand what i'm doing"

Anything to escape our revolting biology
Insect

I'd rather have bioclang.
Glory to the flesh. Glory to the Many.

>don't care how it moves, I want to work in different environments without a fault

There is a reason we don't move like we have binary switches for muscles, and it aint aesthetics, sunshine.

I think smooth motion is the key to first emulating, and then surpassing biological nonsense. Otherwise you're wasting an insane amount of effort and energy correcting for over corrections because the movements aren't smooth enough.

Also, when I'm older I want to cut my legs off at the hip and be able to walk again without issue. Janky robotics is not good for the spine.

Your flesh too is weak but you have potential. Every implant exalts you. Ever line of code in your sub-systems elevates you from your disgusting flesh.

>walk again without issue
u wot

>not synthclang

I want to replace my legs, and in future times, more parts, with robotics. Prosthetics are ass and the people making them are idiotic. The solution is to cut out the MUH AESTHETICS idiocy. I don't care if I look like I have toasters for legs, I just want to fucking walk comfortably.

but how'd you fuck up your legs pham

What's the point if we can't make robolegs superior to fleshlegs yet. The most we managed is "as good as original give or take". $150k pls.

>but how'd you fuck up your legs pham

I didn't. I'm 20 years old. My legs are actually bretty gud. Used to run track. But I'm not going to be 20 years old forever.

That is the future of tanks.

Back to /meg/, Harbinger.

>not undergoing metamorphosis and be born again as a perfect bio-mechanical being