/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_-TBnTsDfA
youtube.com/watch?v=9_lYa_o5HPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for valks, all the rest can eat shit.

what class would you guys recommend to some one who hasn't played before?

Ninja.

Warrior, Wizard

just be youreself

Tamer, pet is OP

Tamer

really? I've heard they're actually kind of a pain to properly play, valk seems much easier for a person just learning the ropes/

These could work

My friend hates pet classes though

How do I stop getting disconnected? or is this a feature

ignore all these replies or you'll have a bad time

hey guys remember to do your Black Spirit Adventure so you can get rich like me

>hates pets
then show him this video and tell him this could be him if he actually plays tamer for like 10 hours, and he won't only play tamer, but suck your cock and buy you a maid outfit to rub cocks with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_-TBnTsDfA

Valk is literally the hardest class to play.

maehwa or tamer for fun

no

well desu leveling a valk is literally just spam shield throw and you can't die ever in pve.

but yeah it's not a good idea to play valk as a first time

Tamer

Leveling to 55 that is, then it's hell.

oh then why is there people that sell shit like +3 lifeskill outfits? or +8-+10 fishing rods? if they're not really going to get anywhere near what they spent on those? I mean it costs me anywhere from 15-30m to make a fucking +2 outfit and they're worth like 5-8m on the market...

quitting the game/they got lucky/they got a higher tier version of the outfit/fishing rod they don't need the shit-tier version anymore

there's something better than a +10 balenos?
well, only if they quit I guess then, but I've seen them too often... I can barely believe that many exist, let alone so many people quit and throw those away...

Post you're underwear.

they could just be lucky then and figured they'd make a profit selling it, otherwise I can't see why someone would sell a +10 balenos unless desperate for money

what's the best place to go from level 50 to 56?

>tfw maining a ninja for lmao 7 swords
how much suffering am I in for

I just park myself at helms, I'm sure its inefficient past a certain level, but nobody bothers me and if they do, they are like level 50-53 so I just crush them even on an alt

beg for a leech at sausans, no contest

It's not bad, it's really fun.

Update your album NANA

You won't suffer, you'll just regret spending time on it when you realize how poor AP scales, and how better other classes perform and have actual useful roles.

They can be fun though, like being a mosquito that bites people and then goes invisible, and giggles, and then strikes back again, and again, and again, and again, until something splats him accidentally and dies.

I mean unless you get to like 260 AP something crazy like that, but at that point any class is a monster

shut the fuck up you retarded gremlin

Any requests? Also daily PSA: Witches are not for lewd!

gomenasai

Fuck
I don't know why, but 7 swords is just the right amount of "Rule of Cool" I need for a class
It's either that or Musa for it's glaive.

>finally get close to 200ap and still do shit damage and butthurt about it
>get some +accuracy gear and gems and my damage seemingly doubles and I rape everything

Ah so this is the accuracy meme I was always apprehensive about, I guess it really is that important

Is there really any reason then to not get an accuracy belt + gems and earrings or does it "cap" at a certain point

>Any requests?
Try taking poses using the lewd DK combat animations
also take your brown slut where she belongs: Mediah and Valencia

because the ancient weapon set scales like utter shit, just get 1 RCE and be done with it, that and liverto/kzarka is enough for most people who arent playing gimmick evasion builds

Currently have Duo: Tati Sphera
and 180mill in my bank

should i buy Duo Ultimate Lord Sphera for 160ish mill or save for TRI at 300mill?

could note i have shit luck and upgrading is something i do very little when i can just buy stuff from the market directly

do some butt shots

The whole ninja and kuno are trash meme is kind of a shitter opinion, they are both very good classes they just lack the AOE and maxspeed sanic dashes of some of the other choices

depends on what your class is, if you need accuracy usually bhegs, 1 RCE and a liverto should suffice

suck some horses

Anything can be good with the right amount of gear user, izuna drop is cool as fuck.

I mean just don't delude yourself thinking tiers are a lie or something like that, there's balance issues and you were warned beforehand, don't go crying once you spent 150 hours on a character that hits for less than others at the same AP values.

I have an awakened musa and personally it's gimmick gets boring rather fast, has no grab so pvp is very very horrible vs block classes, or giants. Ninja has a harder time at pve until 59 from what I've read, then they get a lot more sustain on one of their abilities. If it's your first character ever I'd say you have an easier time playing Musa, then you can swap his armor and accesories to any other character, that's what a lot of people do.

If you have lots of stones for stacking and a bunch of sharps saved then you could possibly save money by buying a pri or duo and banging it to tri

If you have no enchanting supplies you might as well save and buy tri

>tfw see an avatarfag taking lewd shots
>walking up to horses and npcs and kneeling

got around 450 weapon/armor stones and 15 concentrated weapon i guess ill go for the duo then and start working on earrings after its upgraded

thanks for your input

Alright, that's enough to convince me to just play the class
I'm used to low tier, anyway

See you in a month, update us with your experience, I'd appreciate it.
(not before 56 tho, no one gives a fuck about that)

>tfw full tet gear, even accessories now

lol scrubs

Now go dunk on guildmasters, brag in channel chat record salt and repeat

Will do

>started last week
>56 with +15 normal and awakened weps
>few +15 armor pieces and working on lifeskilling for now
I know its not the best, but I'm content so far and not trying to burn myself out on the game. The rewards they give you for joining are really helpful

This is my current gear, and I just got a liverto box.

What should I do if I have ~50m, not a lot of stones, around 10 concentrated stones, 50 mem fragments, and 3 stacks of 25 fail stacks?

what rings are those

How disadvantaged are you if you only pay the 10bucks to start playing and nothing else?

Close to $2000 in this game now.

I can't tell if the sword is your liverto but incase it isn't don't try to enhance your own liverto to 15, buy it at 15 instead.
you can use the 25 fail stacks going to TRI on your awakening and your offhand if the awakening fails.
swap the witch earring for another DUO blue coral if you can

Valencia quest chain rings.

Sword is upgraded yuria. A 15 liverto costs 65 mil, should I just save for kzarka instead?

Good Evening /bdog! Just got back from work. How is everyone doing?

I like this underwear :^)

There's a lot of factors to consider, just throwing money at the game won't get you anywhere, you actually have to compliment money with actual playtime.

Mostly what you'll find are cockblocks, you grind a lot and then run out of weight... oh but wait, you can buy some extra weight in our fancy shop! game too greedy? well you can buy some free weight if you play for 35 days! up to 4 times!

You don't like playing? well you can fish! but you'll run out of space in 5 hours or so, get our extra inventory expansions so you can fish all day long without playing! also buy out funny fish outfit lmao!

Want to process shit? well get our fancy maid outfit! and also all the weight you cna or you can only afk like 2 fucking hours! want to cook super fast? buy our cooking outfit! want to breed more horses? buy our breeding reset! want to upgrade shit buy ran out of memory frags? get some artisan memory and save tons buying our $40 super value pack! Want to loot super fast? then buy out selection of pets for $9.99/each! then smash them together like 4 times to get a super duper better pet! want to farm bosses but you don't have "S" knowledge? get or cool accesories that guarantee you'll get that hard to get S knowledge in 1/5 of the time! Want to do literally nothing and have your money invested in a bank account? no problemo you just need like $400 in furniture to decorate a rank 1 house that's allowed to invest money in the bank!

So you can ignore all that, and just be ok with your $10 account, but sooner or later you'll feel you're missing on a lot of easy/fast money if you just drop some extra bucks at the game, personally I just have 2 maids, one gives all my characters virtually extra wight, and the other allows me to buy cash shop shit wherever I am anytime once every 20 minutes and has saved me like $200 in cash shop cosmetics/pets/value packs.

you can use the liverto to grind for your kzarka faster and sell it after you get your kzarka BUT I've heard that warriors can skip liverto since they don't benefit much from crit so maybe you can do that, hopefully someone else can confirm this

That's bullshit, he would lose alot of money from reselling, just buy kzarka if you want to take your time

I'm a valkyrie.

Can you give me more? I want to see how many I can trigger tonight :P

I think I'd rather spend my time on SV now
thanks Erika

Black Spirit Adventure reset! Get that free money!

you lose like 14% of the sale if you have a value pack and it's minimal compared to how long the liverto will last them, considering either enhancing it or grinding out the money to buy it at DUO/TRI will take them a while
I forgot about valks, sorry :x
if you can wait it out then get a kzarka but getting a liverto is a nice increase in power for less silver. kzarka only has around 5 more accuracy and allows for better crystal minmaxing so it's definitely better but it's not a huge increase, I personally wish I had waited longer to get my kzarka since I could have enhanced a nouver or boss armor instead

>make hideous abomination
>people tell you it's a hideous abomination
>lel triggered!!!
?

>I forgot about valks

Just dont reply, without constant attention and nourishment it will wither back into a husk and eventually die

Well you are obviously triggered enough to say something about it. Tbqh, I think most of the avatarfags are pretty hideous myself, but I'm not triggered enough to say anything about it since i don't really care lel. Also, even if I did say something, I doubt any of them would change their character. Everyone has a different standard of beauty. While someone may like a fat abomination, others prefer anorexic lolis. Everyone is different so I just say smile at all the variety! I play the game for fantasy, not realism so I don't want realistic proportions lol :3

If you really think so user, lel

xd

trying real hard there friendo

>someone posts a Fei Moca video and it's not me

wow

Not for sure what you mean there but whatever you say!

hi eppu

This is getting real pathetic.

great minds think alike brotherfucker
hi6

>there are still shitters saying ninjas are bad when there's footage like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_lYa_o5HPM

this meme needs to STOP

You wish I was Eppu!

I agree. Not for sure why you are so angry. You have hemorrhoids or something?

You have mental issues.

i talked a bit with the people from the tamer discord and they said his tamer gameplay is actually shit and he's just fighting undergeared players

godly ninja though

If you say so!

No one says any class is bad, just that some underperform compared to others with the same gear. Why play a Ninja when you can just mongoloid play a Warrior or Berserker and outperform a Ninja with literally 1/10th the effort and gear?

I prefer Kuno

please stop spamming the thread

that's the thing though m80, guy in the video is running with sub 200 AP, which is considered average, and he's doing some very good damage while still surviving very well against multiple people

can you show me some footage of a warrior doing the same?

Not my fault people get triggered from an imaginary character that has no basis in reality. People gotta lighten up a little and smile! :^)

Maybe you shouldn't avatarfag and actually contribute to actual game discussion?

>slow
>bad aoe
>no range
>no block
lul look I'm sasuki and borutos, kagebushi no jutsu satsuna otsukashi

He is very gimmicky, but doesn't mean it's not fun and you have to play the fotm OP classes, but you can clearly see how he is struggles to do whatever he does, unlike a zerker that just chain rapes you with little to no effort and then heals to full hp, or warrior that stands in the middle of a zerg block, or a wizard aqua bombs anyone and just disappears. Honestly I'm not trying to discourage anyone from playing ninja, it's healty to have more variety, but also I don't want people to quit after hitting 59 because they're being deleted by classes with the same/similar gear, already seen it happen plenty of times since I started, I just want people to be aware of what they're gettingo into, instead of deluding them with a video of some no lifer with OP gear shitting on noobs that would take them more than 6 months to realistically achieve.

hello,if anyone of you get bored of this game,mai me your account,i will take a good care of it.
.t a poor fag

Why? Everyone else is doing it. :P

Actually, desu I would like to but uhm you all have much better knowledge of the game than I do lel. Plus I don't do parties or am I in a guild nor do I care for them and I don't pvp or lifeskill so I have nothing really to add. I sometimes ask questions though!

He says his gear in the comments section, his AP is around 230. Plus he's level 60. That's well above average even in RBF now, let alone in January when the video was posted.

Imgur pls

dude, have you even looked at ninja's skill set? actually, did you even watch the video or you skipped through 40 seconds?
because comments such as
>slow
>bad aoe
>no range
>no block
are retard tier considering that ninja literally has a block (like, you press Q in awakening and you block like a warrior), forward guard and invincibility frames on a lot of their skills, and some of the best gap closers in the game. also, it's a melee class, why the fuck would they have ranged abilities? (even though they do - malice is actually a sick ranged opener)

again, guy in the video is running around with 190-200 ap and 290 dp, depending on the off hand he's using. basically full tri gear. this is nowhere near overgeared and is considered average.

the point im trying to get across is that a ninja can actually perform on the same level as an equally geared warrior. YES, it will require extra effort on the player's part into actually learning how to play the class, but unless you're an absolute shitter, this should not be considered a bad thing.

i'd also like to mention that is wrong in regards to scaling

ninja has some of the most insane scaling in the game on 2 of their skills - serpent ascension and the charged drastic measure. serpent ascension especially, can nearly one shot 270+ DP targets, if double casted in transition stance, as soon as you reach the 170 AP mark and have some ok accuracy

yes, we get it. sorcerer, witch/wiz, zerk, warrior, sorc and ranger are easier to play and will always be picked over any other class. problem is that i listened to this and people like you and re-rolled to several of the classes above, only to realize that ninja is the most fun class (for me, atleast) in the game and i just wasted my time for no reason

oh, and ninjas are getting buffed on KR, which means they are getting buffed on our version too

didn't read lol

190 with Tadd, 220 with Estique

also pretty sure that severely undergeared players don't bother going to RBF, so there's a much higher chance that he's fighting equally or better geared players