Honda Fanboys

>be me
>Just a college kid in NH
>working at Rite Aid, normal day at work.
>going outside to see if there's any shopping carts out there
>Honda civic pulls up
>Driven by a kid who looks about 90 pounds, ;ppls 14, but must be 16 as he (i guess) has his license
>lowered to a quarter inch off the ground (extremely dangerous and illegal in my state due to the road conditions and the snow)
>19 inch rims with golden plastidip
>front and rear body kit with hood scoop and side skirt, Honda decals everywhere
>Tabletop spoiler off a WRX and a fart can exhaust
>"VTEC LOL" on the front plate
> Shake my head in disapproval
>Kid storms out of the car with his GF
>"Whatcha shaking your head at!?!?!"
>I yell "rice rocket!"
>Kid starts claiming it's got all sorts of mods and shit but clearly doesn't want to talk about any ACTUAL mechanical stuff
>I am a mechanical engineering major who was a mechanic in the Army.
>Tell him K&N cold air intake and a lowering kit do not count as performance mods
>True to the stereotype, says his car can beat mine (he doesn't even know what I drive yet)
>Beat my Mustang Mach 1?
>I calmly explain to him how stupid he is making himself look.
>He asks how much HP to my Mach 1
>370, and it has actual engine mods.
>Doesn't believe me, says it weighs 5500 pounds, his Honda is faster
>Explain to him that a Silverado 2500 weighs that much, my Stang is under 3000
>Kid threatens to fight me
>Putting on a big show for his GF.
>I am over 200 lbs and a wrestler, towering over him (I am over 6 feet he is under 5)
>Claims engine is swapped thus his Honda is fast
>I guess that he swapped a K20 (obsolete motor from the 90's which is only good with boost)
>Don't even think he has one in there
>I can see in his eyes that I caught him lying when I ask about his turbo manifold
>He has no idea what he's talking about
>Kid uses ad hominem attacks and the fact that I work at rite Aid and storms out of store

Why are Honda fanboys like this?
Why can't they act mature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lwJbv5oBGrA
youtube.com/watch?v=8DT1HxvxLIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Less honda and more a 16 year old thing

plot twist: OP was talking to himself and the gf was his hand

When did zuckerburg buy Veeky Forums?

>K20 (obsolete motor from the 90's which is only good with boost)
The K20 isn't obsolete, and isn't from the 90's. The engine didn't launch until 2002. And most 4 cylinder engines launched in the early 2000s are still going strong, like Honda's K-series, or GM's Ecotec, or Ford's Duratec.

Are you schizo by any chance?

>ITT: Stuff that didn't happen.

sorry i don't know much about the K20 but i never had any interest in it. Either way he didn't know the first thing about swapping an engine...

Good post would read again. Post proof that you work at Rite Aid at least though.

Since op is full of shit how about an actual story
>friend of a friend had some base model civic in high school
>thought it was so fast he painted one of the fenders and put an abligatory farther can and spoiler on it
>ffw couple years he decides he's ganna rebuild it from the ground up but he dosent have the money or the skill
>grandma funds his car him and some other honda guy build the car
>grandma gets mad it's taking so long and he keeps asking him for money and to just take it to a real shop and get it done
>car is done after a year he did a b16 swap and got rid of the automatic and threw some 5 speed on it had it lowered about 2 inchs from the ground racing seats "roll bar" "tow hooks" and other general ricer shit
>always talks about how fast it is and how it's making close to about 250 hp
>never call him out and never race him cause I was a poor fag at the time and had to sell my chevelle and pretty much anything can beat my ranger
>friends and him decided to go racing on some backstreet decide to tag along
>he races my friend in his scion TC he wins by half a car
>races my friend in his shitty taurus and beats him by a car length
>then he races my friend in his accord hybrid
>friend in the hybrid smokes him by 2 bus lengths
>didint bring my ranger but after seeing my other friend in his taurus barely lose I know I could take him
>kid in the civic starts contemplating how slow his car really is
>ffw a month he sold the civic for 3 grand and his grandma and mom pitched in and bought him a brand new civic Si but the 4 door cause "dude Im ganna have a family one day"

If it was actually making 250hp it shouldn't have been that slow 2bh

It was all bs it was just a stock b16 that him and his friend did some S I C C MODz to it was proably more in the ball park of 160
MY buddy with the scion used to ride with him and he used to brag about how much power it has and try to start in 3rd

>dude Im ganna have a family one day
>still in highschool
>thinks he'll have that civic 10 years down the road

Then again he sounds like the type to knock some girl up at 19 and have 3 kids at 21.

Should have swapped numbers

The K20 is a popular 4 cylinder engine, and among the most advanced engines Honda makes. There's different variants of the K20, but all are modular DOHC 2.0L engines with 4 valves per cylinder and a timing chain. Power output on factory K20 models ranges from pleb-tier 160 HP models to 210 HP 8,000 RPM screamers. The most sought after versions are the K20A2 (used in the Acura RSX Type S, and European model EP3 Honda Civic Type R), and the K20Z3 (used in the 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si). Japanese models made as much as 220 HP naturally aspirated. It's a good tuning engine. If you stick the K20 head on a K24 2.4L block, yu can achieve around 270 HP N/A, before factoring in turbos and superchargers. They're very potent screamers. It's the replacement for the old Honda B-series engines. Pic related is a K20 swap into a normal 2001-2003 Honda Civic Coupe (chassis code EM2)

I love my Honda and I like the look of tasteful body and paint upgrades but I'm well aware of what's under the hood and don't think I can beat anything other than cars in my class. I just enjoy the drive not racing.

Put a turbo in it dawg

Yeah I took out all the windows, ya know weight reduction. Think I need more down force so I can beat the Audi R8

>rims
you are the ricer

Which honestly is sad it took 20 years to beat Porches I4 hp/torque rating.

Porsche used a turbo

No they did not.

The 944 3.0 was rated at 208hp without a turbo.

I was thinking of the 944 turbo. But people have beaten it since, particularly in HP per liter. If you want a 4 cylinder from that time that made more power N/A, look for the Pontiac Super Duty I4, based on the Iron Duke. The kit was co-developed by cosworth, and featured a DOHC 4 valve per cylinder conversion. 3.0L variants were rated around 300 HP N/A. Though you had to buy the parts through Pontiac and they're uber rare (because, even then, they were expensive. Why bother polishing an Iron duke when you could swap in a 350 V8 for less money?) and command a premium today.

Why are you comparing a limited production racing motor that its base is 97hp 2.5 to a production model engine?

How does Veeky Forums feel about this?

youtu.be/lwJbv5oBGrA

because I can. It's the same answer you'll get from that guy who shoved a Viper engine into a Saab wagon.

well, guess you're filtered

>How does Veeky Forums feel about this?

How can V8bois even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=8DT1HxvxLIQ