PlayStation 4 General #439 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

>Old Thread:
Raven DLC Edition

========================================

>Persona 5 PS4 standard edition includes DualShock 4 controller skin in the Americas
gematsu.com/2017/03/persona-5-ps4-standard-edition-includes-dualshock-4-controller-skin-americas

>Sonic Forces first Modern Sonic gameplay, screenshots
gematsu.com/2017/03/sonic-forces-first-modern-sonic-gameplay-screenshots

>Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom goes gold
gematsu.com/2017/03/shiness-lightning-kingdom-goes-gold

>The Surge launches May 16, new CGI trailer
gematsu.com/2017/03/surge-launches-may-16-new-cgi-trailer

>Blue Reflection ‘Kaori Mitsui’ character trailer, Complete Presentation live stream set for March 29
gematsu.com/2017/03/blue-reflection-kaori-mitsui-character-trailer-complete-presentation-live-stream-set-march-29

>Rewrite for PS4 opening movie
gematsu.com/2017/03/rewrite-ps4-opening-movie

>Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix patch 1.02 now available in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/03/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-2-5-remix-patch-1-02-now-available-japan

>Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 launches May 26 in North America
gematsu.com/2017/03/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-launches-may-26-north-america

>Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash to add Super Sonico as DLC
gematsu.com/2017/03/senran-kagura-peach-beach-splash-add-super-sonico-dlc

>Prey ‘Typhon Research’ trailer
gematsu.com/2017/03/prey-typhon-research-trailer

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/nyonmyan
gematsu.com/2017/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-coming-west-early-2018
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753657091#post-1
youtube.com/watch?v=ojkeV9Hnq6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post ID.

Friend each other.

Rate profiles and recommend games.

Post 'em

Start by posting yours or fuck off

>we will never have our games run at 144 fps 1440p
>we will never be able to use our own internet for free
>we will never be able to play FPS properly with mouse and keyboard
>we will never be able to play RTS games
>you will never be the main platform for esports competition
>we will never be able to mod our games
>we will never have even a tenth of the PC exclusives
>we will never get steam sales
>we will never be able to emulate other systems

Just how do you deal with this my fellow ps4 fans? I hate the pc crowd just as much as you and boycott everything they do and every game that is also released on PC, but sometimes it feels like we have drawn the shorter end of the stick.

By owning a decent PC.
It's not that hard.

I just got a slim and the fan sounds like it's constantly hitting something when it spins. Has anyone had experience fixing this sort of thing, or do I just have to trade it in for a new one?

samefag nice bait btw

SHUT PCFAG

Hey I prefer PS4 but if you want all that shit then you need a PC.

Why would we want to? Anything more than 60 is a waste, and 30 is fine for most games. The only time I really want a firm 60, period, is in game where input per frame is critical, such as fighting games.

Your farm simulators don't need 60 fps, let alone 144.

You also clearly don't even own a PS4 because several of those things already exists.

I also having a gaming PC but barely use it for gaming since I don't want to wait a year to play a crappy port of a game I can already play on my PS4 or Vita right now.

>dropped my phone in the toilet while using it to browse this stupid thread

luckily I had pooped yet

psnprofiles.com/nyonmyan

>we will never have our games run at 144 fps 1440p
Console devs are lazy. It's possible, but most of them just lock the frame rate to 30 and call it a day. Console gamers with 144 fps TV / monitor is a very tiny part of the userbase anyway.

>we will never be able to use our own internet for free
Only since PS4. It wasn't like this during PS3 and PSV era. Besides, I don't play multiplayer AAA shooter of the month on my PS4.

>we will never be able to play FPS properly with mouse and keyboard
>we will never be able to play RTS games
I didn't buy my PS4 for those.

>you will never be the main platform for esports competition
Fighting games.

I have a PC for that.

>we will never have even a tenth of the PC exclusives
We used to during PS3 and PSV era, back when localization companies didn't bother to make PC port for everything because they all want a piece of Nekoparabucks,

>we will never get steam sales
Second hand games are pretty cheap at Traders, and Akihabara is just a few commuter lines away. Be glad you don't have to pay Japan prices for new games.

>we will never be able to emulate other systems
Buy a PC.

>I hate the pc crowd
I think you meant, "The Steam userbase is mostly cancer."

>Why would we want to? Anything more than 60 is a waste, and 30 is fine for most games.

Indeed. It is scientifically proven that the human eye cannot see more than 20 fps anyways. PCfats are just being elitist retards as usual.

>false flag detected

Gonna replay the entire GR series after I finish Nier.
Is it better to play Ravens choice after the main game or is the GR2 ending a better way to finish it off?

Fuck off PCtard

bros... catherine being playable in PC has me scared...
what if they get persona 5 running??
I don't want my ps4 purchase to go to waste... THIS WAS MEANT TO BE OUR GAME

>replay
Wait so have you beaten GR2 already?
What's the problem?

>Catherine on PC

The problem is, I assume I should play RC first because of when it's set but saving it until last is more likely to keep me motivated to finish GR2 again.
I also don't know if the end of RC will feel like a proper ending. Can't end on a non-ending.

I would say the ending of RC is not anywhere near as good as GR2's, and the DLC itself is kinda mediocre too. If you want to close it out nicely, you should end with GR2. The only reason I would advise playing it after GR2 would be if you hadn't played GR2 and didn't know you returned to Hekseville, since that's where RC takes place - but since you have, it's a non issue.

always play release order, if they don't end it properly it's their fault not yours.

>Trying to plat sleeping dogs
>safe drive trophy
>cruise for 2 minutes over 60 km without damaging your car

60 km/h is not fast.
I don't know what the speed limits are but the freeway should be somewhere around 100.

Use a slim car

Woohoo.

Would've tried for the WD plat but i couldn't be bothered with the online shit. Somrthing about online trophies, no matter how easy they are I just hate doing them.

Pretty fun DLC but wasn't really anything exceptional relative to the main game. Still, can't complain for free.

Having played all of the series including Raven's Choice now, if I were to replay all the content in the series, I'd definitely play Raven's Choice before I play the main GR2 game so that GR2s ending would be the climax. Raven's Choice feels like a bunch of pretty standard chapters of the main game, so the climax should definitely be on 2s ending.

I feel the same way, just an un-describable hate.

Fuck it's almost 5am EST and the Raven DLC isn't up yet. The remaster was up at like 3am for me to just grab when I figured out I wasn't ever gonna be able to get a physical version for a reasonable price.

God I wish I could sleep.

What are you doing?
Go to sleep.
The DLC's not going anywhere.

I've never played a danganronpa game, should I buy 1/2 reload?

No. Danganronpa is trash.

As long as you're fine with never getting closure, since everything after 2 is utter garbage and should be completely avoided

no
preorder persona 5 instead

Oh shit son, here we go

You're playing Layben's game, right Veeky Forums?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I finished it.

It rewrites time in a way that would actually change the events of the first game pretty significantly though so I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it being probably the last bit of GR story we'll get.

Otherwise it's just more of GR2 which is cool.

It's still Kaht's game.
Side content for side character.

>want to play raven dlc
>heard that there's no free roam
please tell me it's not true

There's no free roam. It's a series of story chapters.

>said the dlc will have 5 hours of gameplay
>only 2
No thank you.

>no free roam
Why? Why would they give us free roam? For what purpose? That's all I wanted.

Why would they NOT give us free roam*
fucked that up

I'm going to buy persona 5 anyway

Yo wtf, is the store messing up or something? I just bought everything for 12 bongs.

Whose idea was it to change the Notifications menu? This is stupid. I can't delete notifications and it's making my autism flare up.

gematsu.com/2017/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-coming-west-early-2018

Wew that was quick.

I really do hope we get a FeMC.

I don't understand why they're including the first game too. The people who bought that are most likely going to be picking this up as well (I know I will) so why give them something they already own?

>I really do hope we get a FeMC.
Still early to say but this time around it seems like it's a set character instead of just a blank slate so I doubt a FeMC will be an option. Fine by me since I preferred Takumi anyway and never bothered with Ami.

My guess is Hacker's Memory probably reuses a shit ton of assets, so they're doing it to make it feel like it's worth more. Also as a reason to release the PS4 version of the first CS in Japan for the first time.

She's cute tho.

I wouldn't mind a set character if he didn't look weird. Keisuke Amazawa looks like a twat imo.

I feel like I've seen him in every anime as a side character. He doesn't look "protag-y" enough to me.

With Takumi/Ami, their appearance stood out enough to look like a protagonist, but not so much that it felt overboard if you get what I'm trying to say.

HM's protagonist looks like somebody who gives you a 5-part side quest, and calls you his friend once the sub story is over, then stays in the same spot for the rest of the game and post game, having one line of dialogue when you speak to him.

>My guess is Hacker's Memory probably reuses a shit ton of assets
I'd be shocked if it didn't but yeah, I get what you mean.

>With Takumi/Ami, their appearance stood out enough to look like a protagonist, but not so much that it felt overboard if you get what I'm trying to say.
I do, but to me, Takumi and Ami both looked very...generic. Don't get me wrong, I see why people like them but nothing about them really made them stand out in comparison to the rest of the cast.
>I feel like I've seen him in every anime as a side character. He doesn't look "protag-y" enough to me.
I think what bothers me the most is that his hair looks a little weird and his eyes just look really off. Like you said, not protag-y but more of a side character who gives you a quest.

New Overwatch hero today bois. Who ready to lose every match because she will be instalocked by people who don't practice with her in AI for the next 2 weeks?

Orisa won't be able to be chosen in Competitive for a week after she releases on live servers/console, specifically to let people have time to learn her.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753657091#post-1

Oh thank fuck. I missed that one. Comp after Sombras release was a mess. At least it won't be as bad this time.

Does she even posts here?

>she

Why do you feel inclined to meme arrow like it matters what gender nyonmyan is?

Damn, that last request from the Pods in Nier. Fucking hell this is rough.

You played much Orisa on the PTR? Is she really as strong as people say? Or is mostly hype or something? Since she comes out today, my usual group will want to mess around with her in No Limits, of course there are going to be stacks of Orisa on other teams, how difficult is she to deal with?

I bought a PS4 yesterday and i need advice about which game i should buy first. I thought buying U4, TLOU, Yakuza 0 and Persona 5. Nier and Horizon not my shit cuz i hate female MCs. Any thoughts?

I haven't played enough of her to say she's OP or not, but she's definitely not bad.

She meshes well with a lot of other characters, placed barriers are really useful and allow for some fun strategies, and despite the 400 health she's pretty damn bulky thanks to Barrier and Fortify meaning you're rarely gonna be taking full damage. Also Fortifying as a Reinhardt charges you is awesome.

Halt is hilarious if you use it to force people into a position for you to shoot them, or for enviro kills, and her primary fire, while a projectile with travel time, has really good DPS with very little drop off or spread making it fantastic for pressuring Bastion or getting rid of Torb turrets.

And Supercharger is great for pushes, especially with barriers helping keep the drum safe.

She's pretty huge though and her low natural health is an issue if she's ever out of position so anything that can get her out of her safe space gives her trouble, so Sombra ult, Roadhog hooking her, Bastion tearing down her barriers etc.

Man Ending E on Nier is a major ball breaker. So much progress just lost like that. I had so much left I wanted to do.

are you dumb, you could have just said no, do everyting, and redo it to give it up like i did

You can just say no you dumbshit

What's even the fucking purpose of wiping save datas? It's not even clever or funny. What if I just want to go back after doing all the endings to mess around with the combat system?

>What if I just want to go back after doing all the endings to mess around with the combat system
You could have just said no you actual retard. It doesn't change everything, you still get the ending and your savefile.

it is funny tho, do you know why? you are the exact reason and proof why its funny

>passing on Nier
Off yourself my man.

>What's even the fucking purpose of wiping save datas?
It's about whether you're willing to sacrifice something to help others.

>What if I just want to go back after doing all the endings to mess around with the combat system?
You can. The game lets you say no and keep your save and you can come back later if you want to do it. You also don't need to delete your save if you don't want as there's no benefit to you unless you specifically like the idea of your name appearing in other peoples end credits. It's entirely your choice.

You play more 9s than 2b in Nier my dude. Don't play it though, you're too stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojkeV9Hnq6E

The only way I'd ever touch this game is if it became a PS+ freebie.

Eh, Ending D with 9S staying on Earth was much better anyways. Taro didn't have the balls on ending it like that so he had to make some cheesy shit up most likely. Ending D should've ended the story. If Taro wasn't a pussy that would've been the ending instead of shoot le ending credits and rebirth.

>Taro didn't have the balls to end it that way
Why would he not have the balls to end it a given way? His last game ended with all but one named character dying and the one before that ended with him forcing you to delete your save to get the last ending.

Of all the things to criticize Taro for "not having the balls for a sad ending" is not one of them.

Didn't play the first one. Just saying Ending D makes most sense and Ending E just removes the Greek Tragedy touch the whole story had from start to finish. Ending E and C makes no sense and should've been entirely cut from the game.

What the fuck? Are you guys actually having a normal discussion for once?

>the first one
>plays the fourth entry in a series and thinks he's qualified to criticize it
>probably played on PC or had a ps3 as his first console.

>he doesn't realize the majority of Automata players didn't bother with Nier 1 or Drakengard

This, fucking secondaries pieces of literal shits

Never mind, should've known better than to trust you guys with a sensible discussion.

>sensible discussion

>this is better than this
>but he already did that
>uhhh you're stupid

>DUDE WIPE OUT YOUR SAVE DATA TO GET THE TRUE ENDING LMAO
Welp, time to put this bad boy on Ebay. No point in replaying all that shit again

>fourth entry

The ending is the same whether you choose to delete your save or not in Automata. It's only the original Nier where you need to do it to get the last ending.

>not uploading your save data to the cloud or copying it onto a flash drive

Drakengard 1, 3 and Nier 1

How are you supposed to know that though? The only way to know is either by reading a guide or by playing it safe by abusing backup save files. Neither is good game design.

Persona 5 soon boys. Who hype?

>How are you supposed to know that though
By reading the text it presents to you.
Your IQ can't be much higher than 70 if you're response to a yes/no question where you know 100% that "yes" does the thing you don't want to happen and you're unsure about "no" is saying yes.

How are you supposed to know another ending doesn't hide behind that without reading online guides?

Never played NieR 1, does it straight up say "delete your save and get a special ending"?

Or at least hint at there being a new ending for deleting your save? Honestly, if the game just said "do you want to delete your save", I'd say no. For all I know, it could delete my save and make me play through again with no change in gameplay.

You're supposed to take a guess. Which is why it sucks if you take the guess and nothing