Any tips for longer trips?

Any tips for longer trips?
I'm going on a 170 mile trip to upstate NY.
Never really drove that long before, any car or person tips that I should take note of?
Car in question is a 7th gen Civic Si.
Leaving at around 4am to avoid that disgusting manhattan traffic

Check your tires' tread, pressure, fluid levels, etc.

Don't be in a rush. When driving that long, there's no point in racing through traffic, just break away from the pack and cruise just above the speed limit in the right lane and relax.

Bring a drink. Go to the bathroom before you leave.

/thread

>170 miles
>long trip

>tfw 85 mph speed limits
>tfw doing 100 the entire time

also bring snacks, specifically stuff that wont make a mess

this

fucking this. that's a two hour trip. shorter than my daily commute.

170 miles isnt shit. as long as your car isnt fucked you're fine. Plenty of stops were you can piss and grab a bite in the civilized world so that isnt a real problem

It's almost road trip tier for me, long time bus rider here.
Also kinda scared to be driving through jew york for the first time
I'll do all my poopoo peepee needs before, but I'm debating on what to do for food.
Should I get a whole bunch of wendys chicken sandwiches/cheeseburgers at like 12 am and leave em for 4 hours?
I'll be leaving me car in fifth anyway for the majority of the trip so it won't be an issue to eat while driving.
Any recommended driving foods?

>mfw he didn't post a face

>170 mile trip
What are you 12 years old? That's like two hours.

Why are you spending a huge fraction of your life commuting?
I bet you have to wake up early as fuck. Your life must really suck man. True wage-cuckery right there.

Yeah. I live in (the country of) Texas and regularly make the trip from Austin to Houston (165 miles). That's not a long trip, but nice attention to detail with local traffic. As referenced before, fluid levels, tire pressure, and I would also add, if you don't already have it, the Waze app...it's fantastic for sniffing out problematic routes. Have a good trip.

>mfw he doesn't know the difference between tfw and mfw

What's the recommended psi for 16" civic wheels for max fuel efficiency, but not high enough where they would explode and kill me?

>recommended psi for wheels

Look in the driver side door b pillar.

>tfw
>that feel when
>not "that face when"
You idjit

A rule of thumb I always followed was to bring a few jugs of fluids (specifically engine oil, engine coolant (whichever one you car uses), and transmission fluid), and a few tools, just in case

Look closely user, there is a face in the pic

For 170 miles? Put gas in the tank. Jokes aside, don't drink too much liquid because having to stop on a 3 hour trip just feels bad.

I drive 100 miles a day.
50 miles to work, 50 miles back.

It takes me a little less than 50 minutes to get to work, and just over an hour to get home.

It's exhausting some days, and some days it's kinda nice to just cruise on the freeway.
Some mornings I'm the only person there. Nobody in front of me. Nobody behind me. Nobody beside me.
Just me cruising on the freeway, pitch black, no streetlights. No sound but the hum of my engine and my tires on the road.

>170 mile trip to upstate NY
You'll be fine, I've driven between Toronto and NYC plenty of times. You have an EZ pass, right?

>Civic Si
Lol enjoy cruising at 4k rpm

Jesus christ you new yorkers are provincial as fuck

>Lol enjoy cruising at 4k rpm
WHAT?! I COULDN'T MAKE THAT OUT OVER THE ENGINE WHINE

80mph at 1900rpm never felt so good.

kys faggot

>Any tips for longer trips?
Take a quick look at the outside of the tires as much as you can see. Look if there are any nails stuck in the tread area. If there is, time to get the nail removed and the tire patched. In my city, there are quite a few places that will do it for free in hopes of your future business. Or if you got tires from them, they will patch it for free such as Sam's Club. Places that won't patch for free don't get my business since I prefer to reward the places that do patch for free.

>I'm going on a 170 mile trip to upstate NY.
That actually doesn't seem like much of a trip in a modern car. If it was a Model T, then that would be a good sized trip to prepare for.

M8 pls, last saturday I went from northern Netherlandistan to frankfurt in Germoney and back to pick up my new motorcycle. 980 km in total, had laughs with my buddy all the way.

If your car had its regular maintenance and isn't clapped out you'll be fine m8. If it eases your mind, take a bottle of distilled water and a liter of oil with you, just to be sure.

Fuck you

you sucked your buddys dick faggot

mfw he doesn't know the difference between tfw and tfw

>170mi
Topkek

Bring a piss jug.

Don't get mad. Go get one for yourself.

To make that trip last a bit longer, you can try stopping at some town part-way to your destination if it has an interesting attraction. That way, your 170 mile trip also gave you some new experiences.

Unfortunately, you said you are leaving at 4AM, so nothing especially amusing will be open even at your destination as you'll arrive before normal business hours.

>i don't know the difference between > and no >

By taking 900km trips to and fro, I learned to bring the following:

>at least 3l of water per person
>pre-packed lunch (sandwich)
>bananas
>low sodium meaty snacks: jerky, salanettis, knabbernossi
>suggary shit like a snickers or two
>energy drinks/coffee in a can
>trash sack
>MOTHER FUCKING TOILET PAPER

Generally, the snacks, food and drink ought to be deployable and consumable with one hand.

Bitter bus riders

I had to look three times

CT here I love driving through Manhattan and the bronx, never had a bump or scrape. Just watch out for cops, they're everywhere

that really hurt my feelings, user

1. general maintainance
tire pressure, oil level, cooling water etc.
2. get some water to dring
3. drive
4. maybe watch water and oil temperature depending on your speed.
5. I f you get bored, increase speed

>NYC
>owning a car is a luxury, a 170 mile trip is 'long'
>upstate
>60 miles just to get to work, 120 a day is commonplace

Keep a spare change of underwear in the trunk just in case you end up like one of those other guys that posted those poop on the road threads. Remember that pooped in the car thread which lasted over 20 days?

>170 miles
>Long
Bruh

>170 mile trip

wow its nothing
fill up the tank and go

The first 10 miles out of NYC will be the longest

Make sure your cellphone battery is good. If not, you'll have to buy one of those external power packs like everyone else uses when their battery is worn out but they don't want to send it back for a $150 battery replacement fee.

If you don't trust your car, then have a AAA membership. It's way cheaper than any one tow in New York State.

>Never really drove that long before
You are very vague. No idea of the car condition.
No idea of your driving style.
No idea of the roads you use.
No idea about your maintenance style.

If you really worry about the car breaking down, then get AAA. It's a better alternative than using roadside assistance from your insurance company because they consider that a chargeable incident.

>I'm going on a 170 mile trip
That's a pretty short trip for many people on this board. I live somewhat near the USA / Canadian border, and I will sometimes cross over the border for lunch or dinner.

I flew into albany, rented a truck and trailer to pick up a car in Montreal, and drove it back to Texas for fucks sake. 3300 KM I wasn't crying about it like a baby girl

Bring a blunt for the traffic jam.

You can race up there leaving at 4AM. Since there doesn't seem to be a problem with your arrival early in the morning, it is presumably your home or parent's home.

But on your way back, you will have leisurely time. So you might do pre-planning on various things to see along the way and then visit them on the way back. Or if it is particularly nice, visit it once on the way up and again on the way back. That's how I do things.

N-no I don't..
Are there a lot of toll roads? Assuming I'm driving out of south Brooklyn

>No idea of your driving style.
Uh just obey the speed limit I guess
>No idea of the roads you use.
Wherever google maps tells me to go
>No idea about your maintenance style.
Regular oil changes and changed the serpentine belt at 60k just to be safe. Car has 90k on it currently