/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Never found the Bastille Key:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (shitty players, but showcases some weapons): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
Gamespot first boss fight (SPOILERS): youtu.be/ttTyzbyUtTs

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/154709
20000-names.com/male_gypsy_names_roma_romani_romany.htm
youtu.be/tNveMjoSxp0
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/60mif2/the_patches_notes_march_24th_no_spoilers/
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/60mif2/the_patches_notes_march_24th_no_spoilers/?st=j0jb7tpa&sh=1cab9eaa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ring ring

>White Hair Talisman:
>Has the unfaltering prayer's WA.
>Now dual-scale for miracles in the same way as the Crystal Chime
>Reaches a spellbuff of 197 at 40/40 (Planning to increase this value for miracles ONLY in the future)

I wonder if the real patch notes will compare to this random reddit faggot's.

*affected
Dumb tripfag.

Pretty please?

>>Has the unfaltering prayer's WA.
No. The last thing we need is shit like Black Flame with near-unbreakable hyperarmor.

That'd be a viable point, were it even really plausible to trade with it right now.

To be fair, it follows with:

>The ability to poise-cast pyromancies might finally turn this useless talisman into something slightly more useful. Time will tell if this is too broken with Black Flame or not.

But why that fuck doesn't just nerf that cancer spell is beyond me.

>being mad enough to sperg out over auto-correct typos

>using auto-correct
Thank you for proving my point.

>pyromancies with hyperarmor
dear god no, that'd be awful.

>miracles with dual scaling
even the crystal chime only gives dual scaling to lightning miracles, and even then it still doesn't have UP and is still considered good.

Great way to break the game. Just give it something weird like luck scaling, or boost its spellbuff by about 30%. It has a unique niche for dual casting, it's just way too fucking weak is all.

Hoping lothric holy sword gets buffed.
Hoping faith in general gets buffed.
Hoping bleed gets nerfed, poison buffed.

Never hope for anything, because shit almost always gets worse with these types of patches.

I hope frostbite will get buffed to remove 5 more stamina per second.
Then I can make a build that reduces stamina regen to 0 instead of 5.

Fuck

Does lothric holy sword currently have any use besides using it to create another weapon? It seems like one of the absolute weakest boss weapons and has extremely bad scaling with no benefit to offset it.

>lothric holy sword is buffed to Cdex/Cfth scaling
>faith gets two new weapons with A scaling in TRC
>hollow becomes unbuffable, increased luck scaling to compensate
>poison infusion now increases poison damage like bleed infusion increases bleed damage

>Hoping lothric holy sword gets buffed.
but it did, a few patches ago

now it has faith scaling

It's not bad, it's just the only not-OP straight sword is all. It has very long range, a super long and fast ranged poke to punish estus or rolling away, and can still guardbreak. 385 AR is a fair trade for all that

I think it is THE lowest damaging SS in the game, and has mediocre range to boot; probably one of the weakest in general outside of trash weapons like broken SS and stuff of the like.

The WA is cool and fun to use but it does absolutely no damage. They added FTH scaling a few patches ago but it's fucking E scaling which does fuck all.

Which is a shame since it's my favorite weapon.

If I were to make an STR build, is the ideal breakpoint 40 or 50 STR?

Either 29 + K***ht Ring, or plain 34 Str. Any Str weapon worth using is only good when two-handed, so might as well save those points and invest them elsewhere. Besides the requisite 40 Vig and 40 End, you'll also need a fair amount of Vit to account for weapon weight, and at least decent armor if you don't want to constantly have Wolf +2 equipped.

What said. You'll need to dump points into VIT and especially END since Ultra weapons take a fuck ton of stamina to use.

Is pyromancer still 25-25 or 30-30?

27 if two-handing, 40 for one hand. New shields in TRC need 45str, Morne's stuff needs 50str.

There's already precedent for different tools having different scaling for Dark/Non-Dark.
You could give the White Hair Talisman especially terrible Dark scaling, but only slightly less AR than a glove on regular Fire. Then give it Unfaltering Prayer.
Then we'd have HA Firestorms.

40-40

>Then we'd have HA Firestorms.

I want.

Poking / baiting with the WA in PvP is its only function. After throwing a few you can tap stance to make it glow and bait people into rolling.

i'd say 35-35 and put some more into att/ hp

>Then we'd have HA Firestorms
Still wouldn't hit anything with them, casting time is even slower than divine pillars which actually does have HA.

40-60 is still decent scaling

27 is ass

25/25 as the equivelant to 40 fai or int, 30/30=50, 35/35=60. Pyromancy is pretty good just like refined as it has the most space to grow in damage. You can even go up to 40/40 and still have quite effective scaling.

How terrible is 50 Int on a build in DaS3? I know that 60 is the "hard" cap, but let's say that I'm compromising stats for a for-fun build and don't care all that much about viability in PvP.

And on a similar note, how does 55 compare to 60 (putting a Scholar Ring on the above build)?

1 AR per level is not decent scaling, even when you're getting the +50% bonus from two-handing. Strength has no reason to go over 40, especially since it can reap the benefits of a whopping +20 more AR without adding 20 more levels like Dex has to.

Up to 40 scales normally like most stats, and is the general cap for int weapons. Between 40 and 60, the scaling on spellbuff actually increases. If you're going over 40 there's no reason to stop before 60 and get soul nukes.

50 int is fine. Even 40 int isn't too bad.

Spells in DaS3 basically require all or nothing investment. If you're at anything less than the absolute max, you aren't doing enough damage.

QUICK, GIVE ME GOOD PYROMANCER NAMES, HARD MODE: NO MEMES

Mystic [name here]

27str greataxe 2handed; 599
40str greataxe 2handed; 633
that's closer to 3 per level than 1 per level

plus the 2handing damage bonus is added AFTER your str is recalculated
and warcry is % based too

heretic ______
witch_____
pyromancer________
fire-eater________

Flamin Hots

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/154709

I've got a base build here that seems to have plenty of stats to go around. The VIG being 36 is down to hearing in a previous thread that the difference between 36 and 40 is relatively negligable, and I was able to make room for a full Drakeblood set while wielding either Yhorm's solo or GFS and MBA together, and I'm able to wield either GFS or MBA with a shield solo

Given that, if I were to, for example, drop to 45 STR for the DLC shields, or even 40 and use a knight's ring when wielding them, what stats would benefit better from those levels?

Vulkanherr is one I've been using

Means "Volcano Lord" in Germanic, so it fits the sort of theme

Seriously, just look up baby names for celts or whatever you think fits the theme of the pyromancer best and go from there, it's how I work out all my names

>Between 40 and 60, the scaling on spellbuff actually increases
This is only true for the Court Sorcerer Staff. That said, it's also why CSS is the best staff.

Other staves just get gradual, unboosted gains up to 60 before dropping off hard.

flaming fred/fran

Magus _____
Chaos Thrall
_____ the Shaman
Seer _____
Hedge Witch

Ambassador Buta
Sorcha
Tickferno
Firefist
Pyrodactyl
Pyroboria

>2handed
>pretty much exactly 20AR+50% for 20 levels
You're reinforcing my point, user.

>for 20 levels

it's 13 levels though

>The VIG being 36 is down to hearing in a previous thread that the difference between 36 and 40 is relatively negligable
Only idiots think of vigor in terms of softcaps. You should be thinking of it in terms of breakpoints, i.e. how much you need to not die in two hits of something. The guy who told you that clearly thought 1,501 HP embered was an important number, despite that not being a relevant number in terms of weapon damage.

The most important breakpoint is 1,200 HP unembered, which is 39 vigor.

Heats Flamesman

of course 2handed you dumbass

were you suggesting one handing a str weapon at 27str?
ur a dummy

so I haven't played Dark Souls 3 since mid 2016
What do builds look like now?

Misunderstood, thought you were talking about 40str to 60str for some reason.

In which case, re-read my original post: "Strength has no reason to go over 40". The point of two-handing at 27 is to reach 40 with minimal investments, the point of two-handing at 40 is to reach 60 without investing more than a dexterity build.

20000-names.com/male_gypsy_names_roma_romani_romany.htm

Refined and pyro as far as the eye can see. Sometimes people pretend to use other builds, but they look exactly like refined and pyro so it's impossible to tell the difference. Except for Int builds, which are the only truly distinct thing in the game but nobody really uses them.

Charcoal Cole.
Candle Lighter
FlameSeeker [name]

All up to you, thing is, dark and poison are kind of fucked. I wouldn't try those. All the other standard builds are all available.

K***ht of Fire
youtu.be/tNveMjoSxp0

Nothing's really changed.
Quality builds still reign supreme, pyro is the go to for spells.
Introduction of poise means theres also lots of ultra weapons now too

Poise was never not in the game, if anything they kind of nerfed it. Now you actually need to stack poise to get the benefit instead of just having a ton already, so it's harder to pretend it doesn't exist by calling it hyperarmor.

Well I was more wondering what's actually good, since back then build variety was really fucked.
Ultras, really? I heard ultras were still way too slow and that poise mostly benefitted regular great swords.

>Charcoal Cole.

We got a fucking winner, thanks user

Who killed Emma?
Why do I need to place a basin under a knight to drop a ladder, this makes no sense.
Why is kamui pretending to be dead outside the archives? Why does he give Gotthard's twinswords instead of his?
Why are there cathedral knights in the consumed lad's garden? Aren't they affiliated with the church of the deep?

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/60mif2/the_patches_notes_march_24th_no_spoilers/

IT'S HERE

PATCH NOTES OUT.

>I heard ultras were still way too slow and that poise mostly benefitted regular great swords
Yes.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/60mif2/the_patches_notes_march_24th_no_spoilers/?st=j0jb7tpa&sh=1cab9eaa
THEY'RE HERE

>Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.

FUUUUUUUUCK

Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.

That's because we've chosen a meta level where players can hit 2 offensive stat softcaps as well as 40VIG, but the game wasn't designed to be played in a single level range. Builds which only soft cap one offensive stat are obviously more efficient at lower levels. STR builds come online earlier than anything else in the game, that's part of their advantage for players progressing through the single player, which is what everything is "balanced" around.

I'm aware that weapon balance is still very suspect, but they aren't even trying to balance SL120 builds against each other.

>Ultras get their swings buffed and lower stamina costs
>Katanas are not running R1 machines anymore

FUCK YES

Except they added poise to weapons that didn't have it and massively expanded poise frames on a lot that did. Poise damage as well. Almost singlehandedly made hammers viable.

Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
iTS TIME TO SM4SH

Magnus.
I think that Roman names for some reason are good names for both pyromancers and clerics.

>vordt's getting frost buffed AGAIN
>lowered stam cost
>high base damage low scaling

gonna try this on a low lv build now

>Dark Hand gets poise on WA
Oh my

>Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.

KATANA RUNPOKES ARE RIP

>Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.

maces literally cannot be stopped now

>Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain
yeah booooooi

>Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
>Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
>Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
>Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
>Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
>Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade.

>Curved Greatswords get ar buff and improved motion
Is it time?

>Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.

HAHAHAHAHA, goodbye my sides

Nice.

>already an insane R1 spamming machine
>will surely become meta king again after this

Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
Improved duration of the Perseverance effect
Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.

I came

However: Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
This means we are going to need to pump even more vit for some fashion combination

This ultra buff seems pretty substantial.
Also pretty happy with the bleed nerf and poison buff.

>Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
It's a start, doesn't fix the fact that FTH still has shit damage at all levels

Aye she got some nice buffs.
Might try her out, especially if that strength scaling is a B now.

I cant check the notes, did miracles get buffed?

>This ultra buff seems pretty substantial.
factually can't say that untill we see numbers. it's on the right track at least

>spoiling the fite for me

>the day has finally come where katana running R1s were nerfed

APOLOGIZE

>Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
>Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.

>Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
>Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.
IT'S HAPPENING

>preloaded TRC stuff
>finally made arena work like it should've in the first place

>Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu
>Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field
What the literal fuck is this?

>Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords
>Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes
Oh boy

>Fixed so that poise is applied during >Greatlance two-handed attack.
>Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
>Disabled parry during Pickaxe's two-handed attack.
Oh fuck yes

>Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined or Hollowed weapons' upgrade.
YES

>Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
>Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.
HARDER! HARDER!

Is this a Jojo reference?

>carthus rouge nerfed hard
>poison buffed
>heavier armour given better defense
>lightning stake storm and corona made faster
>refined nerfed and sharp/heavy buffed
>bunch of useless weapon arts buffed
>dark hand gets poise on soul suck
>greatlance hugely buffed with poise and faster attacks
>pontiff knight scythe got a big buff
>all frost weapons apply frost much faster
>yorshka's spear skill buff
>executioner's greatsword regains more than 3 FP
>ultras use less stamina
>ultra greatswords, great hammers, and greataxes are faster too
>blind spot and shield bash buffed
>katana R1 nerfed and all other moves are faster
>made curved swords not shit
>reduced active hitbox frames on CCS, Dark Sword, Gargoyle flameshit and Sabre
>Moonlight and Crescent Moon lasers are unfucked

This patch is FUCKING BASED.

>post your face when they actually listened to us

>>Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu
probably orange borders like ds2
>>Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field
i imagine that if you drop too many items, they start disappearing. that's what the warning it for