What car are you looking for?

What car are you looking to buy right now, new or used? I'm sure most of us are looking for one. What sites are you checking, and how is your search going so far?

Just curious.

I'm looking for a Focus SVT, 02-04ish, 3 door, in good condition, with fewer than 100k miles, in any color other than silver or red. This is fucking impossible to find, haven't found a single one with

Other urls found in this thread:

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/6115249588.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty solid choices, user.

I'm not seriously looking now, but a first gen CRX that's not >50% rust would be cool.

OH shit, I would love a CRX so much, but I really need a daily driver so I don't know about that. It's an amazing car though.

>has 140k miles. too many to feel comfortable with
I got a 2005 with 147k and it runs perfectly fine. muffler is rusting off and the rockers are fucked though.

Mazda Miata.

I see these everywhere and I'm tempted to just get one. It'd be fun and super cheap and you can totally DD them.

Turd gen firebird

I want a 5pd 97-01 prelude in excellent condition.

I wouldn't mind this either, but
>good condition
is the catch. Every Prelude I looked up was in absolute garbage condition. People don't take care of preludes and I have no idea why. They're so nice.

e30 325i or 318is...they either aren't running or overpriced, no inbetween

I know that feel I spent a month trying to get one of these I just got home from picking up a red 2002 clean title with 62456 miles payed 4000 which considering what the high mileage ones sell for is pretty good. I almost bought two shittier ones thank god this one came along. I don't even care that it's red

hooooly shit that's an amazing deal, user. At 62k miles I wouldn't care what color it was. I just don't like how red paint merges with the tail lights. Kinda throws the shape off. But still, that's an amazing find. Enjoy.

Manual

As an owner of the SVT. Please read about all of it's problems before hand.

Because Ford doesn't make a lot of its parts so you'll be going about trying to find shit thats out of production and replacements from other models to put on.

Ah okay, I'll keep that in mind. thanks user

Yeah in Texas by the way. Took me a total of 7.5hours there and back but it was worth it. You just gotta wait it out. Hopefully this gives you hope I don't have any pictures at this time as I dropped it off at the shop I work at since it's not registered yet but the interior is in excellent condition so I'm happy for now drove smooth just hope the underside is just as good as the interior and exterior when I check it out tomorrow.

I snatched mine for 3500 about 2 years ago, Everything was in pretty good condition except for the front and rear bumpers. Had 125k miles on it, but I honestly did not mind.

Texas as well.

Nice. So you bought it from far away, then. I was going to ask about that. How'd you get it home? And you must have been pretty committed to buying it to drive 7 hours. I've considered expanding my search out to road trip length but that complicates a lot of things. Imagine getting there after 10 hours and the engine knocks really badly and he can't be talked down.

As a new owner of a svt what should I look out for I know they leak coolant leaky maseter cylinder 02 sensors and the clutch unit itself

I've been keeping an eye out for a New Edge Mustang GT in manual. New Edges in my area are either riced as fuck, convertible (do not want), or V6 autos. And they're all overpriced. I think I need to expand my search area.

I had a car dolly from u haul and my pick up. But it wasn't a long drive but fuck I35 construction in temple Texas any Texas anons will understand. So it took me a total 7.5 hours round trip not one way, sorry for the confusion.

Knuckles can't really be bought new, you'll have to find decent shaped ones from yards or parts cars if you ever fuck up the ball joint socket. (you can swap to a different models knuckles but will have to change to the same strut and control arm due to slot size for the ball joint and strut.

IMRC will fail at some point, 99 Cougar v6 IMRC will drop in. You can also pull it out and clean the contacts inside of it (requires soldering) and see if it fixes it.

Valve cover gasket likes to leak above the Thermostat housing, it can seep into the O-ring and will cause it to expand and rupture. Also the lower plug on the Thermostat housing will leak eventually or crack. CFM makes a full replacement for this. One from a 98-00 Contour drops in and is a better design.

VCT can be a bitch to reset once you do your timing. You can't properly delete it without a tune.

If you are hearing a ticking noise when you don't have the clutch pressed, it's your throw out bearing.

Once you've fixed something related to the CEL, you'll most likely see no CEL for 0 to 50 miles, it will kick back on at 50 miles to 100 miles in learning mode. Then go away again.

Some of things I've come across with mine. Also check yards for extra parts, people on the parts groups upmark shit like crazy.

>80-120$ for the coil cover

Around here there aren't any cheap ones.

I've been looking for a comfy or sporty sedan or wagon, preferably auto, that's going to last me a good while.

Been looking at IS300, G35, TL, TSX, 540i, all sorts of shit.

Actually saw a grail (pic related) on CL, but it's 900 miles away and I'm not sure why CL let me see it unless it was to tease.

CL ads can be entertaining, but I do get sick of the "excellent or like new condition, except for all the parts of the car" posts.

"ice cold a/c"

Thanks my dude if you need to know anything about Audis I'm your dude im an Audi tech so I don't know much about the svt focus first hand. just what I read before hand.

Are you me?

I've been looking but to no avail. Guess I'll lurk for a while longer and save up more money in the meantime.

Would it make sense to invest a little extra into a newer 'shitbox' that will one day become that 'SVT' or 'Si' or 'GTI'? Since everything you find now has too much mileage and wear and tear...

"Well this thermometer says 45F which means $500 off the price for lying about this broken A/C"

>Would it make sense to invest a little extra into a newer 'shitbox' that will one day become that 'SVT' or 'Si' or 'GTI'?

Ya know, I've been thinking about this too actually. Experience the first part of the life of the next coveted shitbox.

The FiST and FoST will almost certainly become that niche gem of used hatchbacks someday, but they're still just a bit too expensive for me to buy right now. A 2014 Fiesta ST is still about 15k. But they are the new best American hot hatches. I still consider financing one of those instead of an SVT, but it all depends on what I find.

why do you want to buy shit? how poor can you be?

A recent gen Golf GTI that doesn't have those plaid cloth seats.

Those plaid cloth seats are awesome. More cars should have them.

The're quintessential GTI. I wouldn't own a GTI without them.

Porsche 944, only ones in my area are asking 6 or 7k for an NA one with 150k+ miles, just gotta wait, a year or two ago I was spoiled for choice.

It's just a little too much for me. I want something small and fun to drive, but still look like a professional.
The plaid seats a little too "sk8r boi" for me.

Your right he should buy a 3k civic :^) who cares

The SVT Focus is one of those cars I'd love to have as a backup or beater. They're really neat. Almost impossible to find with under 150k though. Good luck user

I want an 03-04 350z in LeMans Sunset orange, either track (preferred) or grand touring, as those are the only trims with factory Brembos.

I always liked these 350z's. It's because it's the car Rachel lets you drive in Need for Speed: Underground 2 and that was my favorite game as a kid.

Currently looking for the most reliable and fuel efficient car I can get for what I have saved, most likely a corolla or Camry. I've been looking for quite sometime though, might have to be a little more open on what I get. I check Craig's, let go and offerup. Facebook has some decent deals too

What have you saved?

Toyota 4runner - seems legit on reliability.
Lexus LS400 - seems legit on reliability.
Acura RL - not sure about the trans, that interior is ridiculously comfy.

Use to be a boy racer with a 98 honda prelude, absolutely loved that car.. but I need some room now, with a family. Probably leaning towards that 4runner out of the 3.
budget is $6k max

I already own a 2012 Civic. Now I need something to keep in the garage for some spirited weekend driving.

Someone in my village has a Passat Variant V6 4motion in white that's been sitting in his barn for almost two years. I don't know if it's a 2.8 petrol V6 or a 2.5 TDI and if it's manual or automatic. I'll go look at it this weekend.
A friend of mine told me that it has dented bonnet and a cracked rear light.
I've also been told that the owner is leasing it and is behind with payments which explains why it isn't registered or insured (he'd also need full coverage insurance which is ~2000 eurobux/year).
The car should be worth around 1500 eurobux but if he has to pay off more than that to the owner then I'm SOL.

I like the idea of a 3.8 Gensis, but fuck for the pricing of a 2013 I could get a used 2016 Focus ST with low as fuck miles.

Just looking for a cheap reliable A to B car with A/C. Looking at 05-08 Toyota Matrix Xr or Mazda 3's.

GTI Mk6, three pedals, sunroof, plaid seats, Shadow Blue. Pic related

One of these. 89+, Stock turbo, hardtop, midnight blue. If you know anything about these cars, you know that those specs in good condition make it a unicorn in burgerland.

Here is your go to guy.

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/6115249588.html

Like 8 to choose from.

I kinda want to trade up to a midsize sedan soon. I want to start thinking long-term, and I want a car that will serve my needs for the next 10, possibly 15 years, assuming new cars nowadays can even last that long.

I tried out a 2017 Alitma SV the other day and really enjoyed it, but I don't really know much about their history, or if their CVT's hold up well. I've been watching a lot of reviews, comparing features to other cars in the class(specifically legroom), and most if not all reviews merely point out that it's boring, and dated in looks, but don't talk at all about predicted reliability, known issues, or actual stand-out cons of the car.

AW11 that isn't rusted to shit, no frame damage, wasn't trashed by the owner
Ideally an '87 with a stick, the tri-slot wheels, and a sunroof
Also, the only way I can afford it is if it has a busted engine.

>tfw midwest so I will likely have to go out of state to get a clean frame
>tfw most of the ones I have looked at have been owned by trailer trash tier retards who leave the interior in pieces
it hurts :(

Look up nhtsa complaints, service bulletins, and recalls on years and models you're interested in. If many complain of a certain issue it could be common in that car.

Right now trying to decide between 2. G35 coupe or a 350z. Driven both and they feel exactly the same except the seats are a bit comfier in the G35. Any thoughts Veeky Forums?

Same shitbox except one has leather.
You're either a twat or a snot with those choices.

I'm leaning towards the G35 so snot I guess? I have an integra that I want to turn into a track car so I'd be DDing the new car so seat comfiness is something I'm definitely considering.

Yeah, you're better off, I mean might as well go with all the bells and whistles, right?

i was looking at bmw 330 for an ls3 swap

but i dont know shit about cars to do it.

unriced S chassis

a Volvo 242

I'm looking for an 05-06 RSX type s with less than 150,000 miles in fairly good condition, preferably grey or black

>with fewer than 100k miles
laughed out loud. GL tho user

Found a 2008 Civic Hybrid local for ~$3,800 CAD.
Went to drive it today and there were a couple problems.
-There is something completely off with the power steering; turning left is so easy you could do it with one finger, and turning right requires both hands with force.
-There is rusting on the bottom of the car's body and someone attached a plastic panel that runs the length of the body, presumably to hide the rusting.

Other than that, the car runs well; hybrid assist system is fully functional, minimal wear everywhere but the mentioned rusting, only ~190,000 km. It looks like a good value if I can get those two issues out of the way relatively cheaply. Anyone know of any deal breaker issues with 8th gen Civic Hybrids?

first gen SAAB 900. They put the engine the right direction so that meant they can fit proper double wishbone in a FWD hatch (just like old civics).

They seem relatively reliable and I've fallen in love with the driver centric interior.

Black, hard top, ~20k miles, stock

Just get an EP3 Civic Si

05-12 RL trans is solid. Totally different unit than prior models, or TL. This is the SH-AWD car I am talking about.

master race