2017 Dodge Durango

2017 Dodge Durango
Best Large SUV
How is this even possible?

Someone got paid

>large SUV

I thought it was mid sized like the Explorer or Traverse or whatever.

Gonna assume FCA paid them heaps of money... After all, they whore their cars a lot in a bunch of popular shit.

Consumer Reports?

Price mostly. Parents have one. All options people who buy new cars want. Still under 35k

>modern v6 w/o significant engineering flaws
>cheaper than a Tahoe/Expedition
>the best interior in the FCA brand
>the best infotainment system

If you've ever sat in one, you can tell all the money went into the steering wheel (which is awesome, everything else is shit).

its a pretty nice SUV actually man. Built on the same rwd/awd platform as the Grand Cherokee which everyone also loves.

Has the ZF 8 speed standard and a great engine selection

I can't believe how fucking expensive the Tahoe/Yukon are, but I guess that's pretty normal for trucks in general

broken clock is right twice a day

The Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade are GM's highest margin vehicles. Unfortunately the quality control at the Arlington Plant is subpar. Every model generation has horrible QC issues that customers lemon law vehicles for.

Yes. CR is a pay for play scam. Did you not know this?

not saying it's bad by all means. what i mean by what I said is that i 've been seeing FCA's cars a lot in big budget films recently, driven by a main character.

FCA has the best marketing in the business. Parents don't buy a minivan, they buy Stow-n-Go. People don't buy a xtq37, they buy something they can pronounce like charger. Heck they flat out said sports cars can go fuck themselves, we make muscle cars during the demon reveal. People haven't realized that Chrysler only has 2 vehicles in its lineup or that the charger/challenger/300 have been using the same 1990s platform for 10 years now.

The only good thing about the bloated thing, is if it comes with the tiny V6. You can keep warm lying between the engine and rad.

>AWD
>392 cubic inches
>475hp

And you're asking why?

bloated heavy piece of garbage

>unibody

pretty light compared to the bus you ride honestly

I'd give my left testicle to own that thing

Doesn't mean shit if it dies before 100k miles. Any new car worth it's salt in 2017 should be able to hold together for a good 250,000 miles, this isn't the 70's anymore.

But Chrysler, as usual, just can't pull their shit together, as usual.

not an argument. A SUV should have a BOF chassis. not this soccor mom tier unibody bs. A large SUV is meant to tow and move a family.
the grand cherokee/durango is just another example of fca's retardation.

>doesnt deny riding the bus

figures

>keeping a modern car to 250k miles

Talk about being in the 70's. Modern cars are like cell phones, Built to be leased.

i don't ride the bus. my town doesn't even have buses
>presenting a non argument

2 words

fuck cuntsumer jewports

suzuki samurai

2 words

suzuki samurai

fuck cuntsumer jewports

It tows 8600 pounds. And the Cherokee was a unibody and highly regarded as one of the best off road vehicles ever

the expedition will tow 9200lbs and the jeep/jeep like vehicles are still regarded as the best for off road. unibody is a jack of all trades master of none setup that is used mostly because it's cheap.

5300 pounds

Why can't American brands into lighter vehicles?

>why is a SUV heavy???

Are you gonna bitch about it not coming in stick either?

traction :^)

By comparison a Honda pilot is 4000 pounds and a Nissan pathfinder 4300

Because they're fucking minivans. At least the dodge has the engine mounted the right way still.

A Honda pilot is not a minivan. The odyssey is a minivan

It's FWD and based on the odyssey. It's a lifted minivan with no sliding doors.

>Honda pilot
Lol and you expect anyone to take you seriously

The pilot is not based on the odyssey chassis

LOL not an argument

You're gonna take that Durango to a mechanic and hell diagnose it with obesity, heart disease and hypertension

>n-not an argument!

Lol the busrider is back for round two.

>here are a few full size suv that are way lighter than the durango
>lol no one will take you serious
Explain how this is an argument at all

You could have just mentioned the fact that the Durango has a v8 option and more towing capacity. Those would be arguments but here you are acting like a little bitch

>Pilot
>full size SUV

What is it like being a retard?

>The pilot is not based on the odyssey chassis

>"The Pilot shares its platform with the Acura MDX, as well as the Odyssey minivan and the Accord sedan."

kek even worse. It's a fucking accord....

Go easy on the little guy. You need a commercial licence to drive even a Pilot in Europe silly.

>platform now means chassis

>FWD
>uses the same platform as a minivan and a fucking Accord
>i-it's an SUV I swear

1. I'm not a bus rider.
2. That's a different poster.
3. Good night.

>People don't buy a xtq37, they buy something they can pronounce like charger.
I never understood this, why do so many car companies insist on giving their cars completely forgettable product code names?
Ferrari has to be the worst about this
>let's name all of our cars 3 digit numbers
>also they're all red
>people will definitely remember which one is which

That fascia has the downs

It'll be dead after 11,000 miles anyway

lmano
in general reliability is improved, maintenance intervals are increased, maintenance costs are down. the only thing worse is that its harder to do maintenance in your garage.

>awd
>not 4x4
shameful

The engine is the *only* thing in a Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler that doesn't have major engineering flaws.

I haven't met a single person who owns an SRT badged SUV who doesn't think they're entitled to literally own the roadways. They think no other vehicles should be allowed on the roads, and they constantly attempt murder against other drivers with aggressive maneuvers.

Even if it was a remotely reliable vehicle, I wouldn't drive one if you paid me. I don't associate with the biggest assholes on the planet.

Last semester, I took evening classes. There was this 50-60 year old lady in one of my Math classes.

On my way out of class one night I saw that she drove one of these, in black with black rims and was the R/T trim.

I was completely stunned because I had seen it every day as I went to class and spent a few moments gawking at it.