/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

retropie.org.uk/2017/03/retropie-4-2-released/
melonds.kuribo64.net/
github.com/StapleButter/melonDS
github.com/fr500/
insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/topic/5587-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-hardtype-v46/page__st__40__p__146758#entry146758
streamable.com/hb5wr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wish more games got the full remaster treatment. Much better than emulation.

Is there no emulator that also emulates the easily excitable mindset for games when you were a child?

LSD

>none of insane difficulty's mods work in mednafen

oops

Be traumatized for live and regress into the mind of a child.

16:40 none of these emulator makers are ever going to get a single cent from me

17:01 I mean you have some cocksucker like that on reddit who talks shit about us earning $800 a month
17:01 $800 isn’t fucking jack shit
17:01 a streamer can make $800 in a day
17:01 not a month

17:04 fuck it
17:04 we start our own company; we make our own FPGA box, our own low-cost ARM Linux box
17:05 the FPGA box will be the more fancy one with added value, the low-cost ARM Linux box is just the regular thing like all these guys have excep far better build quality
17:06 the ARM linux box will be the cheap one

19:27 < ScHlAuChi> what happens with the other 650?
19:28 $150 goes towards a buildbot server
19:28 another $50 towards other hosting costs
19:28 honestly dude not a lot remains
19:28 and frankly
19:28 it’s none of your business either
19:29 honestly dude
19:29 you are busting my balls over fucking $800 per month
19:29 when a streamer makes that in a day

>19:28 and frankly
>19:28 it’s none of your business either
Stop embezzling funds SP

The rest pays SP's rent and pot fund.

How do I boot the BIOS of RA's PCSX core? I need to manage the memory cards

Whatever happened to that PSP archive.org link? Is it non-existent now?

Where do we get No-Intro's now?

>I have no proof but I will continue posting it anyway!

Stay salty faggots.

bump

Is there any reason why BotW would not let me scan anything other than the wolf link amiibo?
Tried a few with save resetting and I only got fishes and a metal box.
What gives? muh Epona

I've heard people have problems with amiibo before.

Well that's nice

>yeah, and make sure to report them to Patreon for not delivering reached goals like I did (they answered me an investigation was in progress since they received a few other complaints)

Lol, you literally have no case, dude. Even if you weren't lying, that was very likely a canned response.

First of all, the majority of the fufilled goals like the Netplay server and server costs have already been met verifiably.
The bounties and QA stuff are still being worked on because they need figure out how best to handle those, and this can't just happen overnight.

And then there is big thing on front page that literally says that funds will be used primarily for server costs, then secondarily for hardware purchases for developers. It's quite clear what the intentions were for funding, and only a retard would have expected otherwise and still backed them.

>been working the whole month converting my amiga games to hdf files so I can launch them directly from the frontend in retropie and not worry about disk swap
>finally only 9 games left
>retropie updates their amiga emulators and now they can launch games from zip files, no need for disk swaps
>mfw
Just kill me.

>hardware purchases for developers
Daniel, you should also add 'PS4 games' to list. TV counts as a hardware, honestly.

Apparently DraStic was released as freeware for RPis, now ya'll boys have something new to be angry about

retropie.org.uk/2017/03/retropie-4-2-released/

Is that on real hardware? I've made six amiibos that work just fine on both Wii U and Switch.

Or do you mean that you aren't getting anything but shit drops? Because whether you get the exclusive gear in chests or just random trash is, well, random.

None of the BotW amiibos have any exclusive gear for that matter.

would be nice if they could bang something out for Vita

I'm not "Daniel" you paranoid fuck.

It's funny you keep bringing up "PS4 games" because it makes you sound jealous as fuck. And you literally have zero evidence he isn't buying those games with his own personal income.

This is epitome of "fake news".

SP isn't allowed to play video games now? lol

What shaders should I use for 480i stuff in mednafen psx to help with interlacing?

CRT-Geom and CRT-Royale have interlacing emulation, along with a coulple of others.

Otherwise you can use one of the deinterlacing shaders in misc/

the deinterlacing slang shader fucks everything up

Are you using the Vulkan renderer at high resolution? That shader probably won't work in that case

You can't really embezzle no-strings-attached donations now can you?

The Vulkan/GL renderers don't implement interlacing at all, it's always progressive output AFAIK.

Where you lost your child imagination and wonder you gained the ability to appreciate different types of games, Games with heavy story elements. Sure you may not enjoy playing Earthworm Jim or Clay Fighter nearly as much as you used to but you can enjoy Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, any MMORPG and even Zelda way more than you would have as a child, It's a fair trade off.

>It's more like Intel users like to whine without making any actual moves to fix the problem.
Understand that some developers do not want to spend their time cleaning up after other developers' regressions.. When devs break things and refuse to take responsibility, that's crummy. No dev with self-respect will waste their time contributing to such a project.

>Dolphin mandates GL4.5 and nobody whines about it.
It makes more sense to require newer hardware for newer systems. Dolphin at least has a D3D backend and iirc, D3D11 came out in 2008, so it's a more reasonable cutoff.

>That's a non-issue.
Maybe for you, but not others.

>You are never going to get acceptable emulation on pre-GL3. Period.
That's an exaggerated statement. Z64gl runs some games pretty well. So does Glide64. Sure you can argue that there's a lot of games where there are problems, but the same is true for GLideN64 even if it's overall better.

>There was no better plugin available to use as a base.
What lead you to this conclusion? glN64 is so bad that you have to disable compiler optimizations in MSVC just to even run the plugin..

>Writing a new plugin from the ground up was reinventing the wheel.
Using glN64's code is like copying homework off of some clueless kid. The end result is just terrible.

>GLideN64 has surpassed every other plugin except Angrylion's
That's not very hard to do, especially since Angrylion's exists. Most plugins didn't even implement the blend modes for Vigilante 8, despite how easy it is to do.

Has anyone cataloged/listed all the special things some games make their consoles do, just as a way to list all the weird/obscure/unusual things devs will need to implement to get particular games running?

How accurate is Angrylion's and is there any chance of it ever getting things like improved internal resolution?

why aren't you contributing to Citra's development, you shitlords?

SSB Link is supposed to spawn Epona, but the very first time I scanned it in Cemu, I just got a bunch of fish and a somewhat okay spear from a metal chest.

Any news on patreon about fixing it?

>How accurate is Angrylion's and is there any chance of it ever getting things like improved internal resolution?
Angrylion's is very accurate. There are very few known bugs. I doubt that plugin will ever have a feature for improving internal resolution. However, I think it's possible for a developer to make a D3D12 or Vulkan plugin that's based on Angrylion's and implement an option to increase internal resolution. So far, a developer named tinytiger has made a vulkan renderer based on Angrylion's code, but it does not have increased internal resolution.

Yeah, Tinytiger made a core for RA that is based on angrylion, right?
I'd probably use Angrylion's but the resolution on N64 games is pretty ass.

>Yeah, Tinytiger made a core for RA that is based on angrylion, right?
Correct.

>I'd probably use Angrylion's but the resolution on N64 games is pretty ass.
I do admit it looks pretty bad in 3d heavy games. I think it looks ok for 2d heavy games though. Like I don't mind using Angrylion's for games like Pokemon Puzzle League.

I just want a plugin (or emulator) that I can throw any game at and be happy that I don't need to tweak settings too much. Currently I think I'm mainlining Glide on PJ64.

>mainlining Glide
>yfw pushers start using emulator plugin names as drug street names

>Shit man, you still smokin' dat glide? Nah, nah, you need this kronic shit we callin' it GlideN64. Goes down well if you stick some Jabo in yo' ears.

Give me a quick rundown on melon please, melonshill man.
Not that I'll use it. I'm going to get a DS flashcart soon. I hate touchscreen stuff on non-native hardware.

This is a graphical comparison btw, if that wasn't clear. DeSmuME uses floats for texture and vertex coordinates, even though they're fixed point on the DS. This introduces many errors in rendering.

Not SP.

Actually SP. Gas yourself.

It renders some things more accurately than DeSmuME, and some things worse. It's also a million times slower. Not worth using at the moment.

A DSi + flashcard is definitely the route to go to play DS games.

explained throguh meme arrows

>people think desmune devs are the devil for ignoring the needs of pokefags among other features such as wifi connection (arguably valid complaints)

>creator of melonds is a guy who worked on desmune but got triggered enough by desmune devs to the point where he left to make his own emu

>goal is to give people a ds emulator on pc with good accuracy and perfromaceas well as adding features that desmune devs ignored

pretty much it. it's still at an unplayable state but maybe in 3 or 4 years people will start using it over DESmune

>ignoring the needs of pokefags
From what I heard it was more akin to deliberate sabotage. There's the fiasco of the internal resolution too.

Sounds good to me.

Reminder:

melonds.kuribo64.net/

github.com/StapleButter/melonDS

>From what I heard it was more akin to deliberate sabotage
There was no sabotaging. The WiFi code was buggy and needed to be disabled.

>There's the fiasco of the internal resolution too
Internal resolution has been a part of DeSmuME for a while now.

Heck, they've even added some game specific hacks to fix some things in Pokemon HG/SS.

>From what I heard it was more akin to deliberate sabotage.
sure? they don't fix the issue due to pokemon fans harassing them for not giving them day one playable emulation like you could in the GBA pokemon days . they know the issue but they won't fix it out of spite pretty much, so yeah you could call it deliberate

> There's the fiasco of the internal resolution too.

the devs had the philosophy that the games should be played in the same resolution as the original due to muh accuracy so they wouldnt have bothered adding it if not for that jap fork getting popular due to that feature

sure other emus like mednafen share the same "don't care about adding the ability to change internal resolution" philosophy and are still praised but the desmune devs already had a shitty reputation, and that just made people hate them more

I hope desmume gets cucked

Dolphin Vulkan renderer broken for anyone else? DX12 runs fine. Vulkan just shows a black screen.

Win10
Nvidia 1060
dolphin-master-5.0-3044-x64

why do people hate it again?

Someone said Pokemon something, but Pokemon games play fine on it? Well SS and Platinum did for me, at least

There's nothing wrong with it. All the posts hating on it are from Staplebutter. He's just butthurt that they didn't want his buggy WiFi code fucking up Nintendo's servers.

Slow, unstable and a dev who won't fix bugs

damn what the fuck I looked at dolphin 2 days ago or so and it was at revision 2800 or something

>There's nothing wrong with it.
Drastic is superior. The fact that people get better performance using an Android emulator to run Drastic on desktops, is pathetic. I'd be ashamed of myself if my code was that much slower.

Nice!

Very funny, but mudlord tries to save n64 emulation since 2007 with 0 results. Also tried to save gba emulation, but mgba stopped him, eheheh.
Fat emulation eunuch.

I don't get it.

>around 4k cached shaders
>~7gigs RAM used
is this usualy behaviour for Cemu or something BotW specific?

Nvidia bug. Mine cache takes 12 gigs...

Cemu uses a ton of RAM for some reason

tic tac tic tac...

I know that smell

I've got what looks like frame tearing using Pete's OGL2 2.9 on epsxe

Should I just switch to some plugin with a vsync option or is there something I can do with this to fix it?

I need to know if a Thinkpad x220/t420 or an Elitebook 2570p is good for pcsx2 emulation.

>17:01 a streamer can make $800 in a day
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.
You know which streamers make $800 in a day? The big names, the people who do it for a living and have been for upwards of five years.
Quite literally, the 1% of Twitch streamers can even hope to make $800 in a day.

How entitled do you have to sit there and argue that, because someone else can possibly make this level of income, that you're somehow owed at least that much as a result?

The people on Patreon are donating because you've set up a list of promises dictating where the money is going to be spent. And here you are throwing a fit because some of those people feel that you should at least attempt to honor those promises instead of pocketing the majority of funds out of jealousy for an unrelated group of people.

This behavior is, quite honestly, disgusting. And I'm shocked that Patreon lets this kind of person use their service, ultimately weakening the level of trust excepted from their other clients.

You do realize his post was bait, right? Those IRC chat logs are from a while back; the guy who posted 'em is probably just looking for (You)s.

So now there's a freeware alternative on an open source and uniform hardware platform.
If someone was so inclined, it should be fairly trivial to reverse engineer it to run on PC without the need for virtualization such as an Android "emulator".

Why be mad?

>Those IRC chat logs are from a while back
So? He still said it.
And he still feels that way, so it's still relevant.

@171699546
And that post is still bait.

So?

>IRC chat logs are from a while back;
2017-03-19T17:01:15 $800 isn’t fucking jack shit
2017-03-19T17:01:19 a streamer can make $800 in a day
2017-03-19T17:01:21 not a month

All those logs are from last Sunday.

I wanna see SP stream some vidja on Twitch

They are honoring the promises you fucking autist. He's mad because you faggots have stirred up a FAKE controversy based on lies and trolling.

Geezus.

>Simias MIA
>Medafen-libretro Dead
>PS1 emulation is dead

Danny the Thief is starting to fear repercussions and loss of those $800 and will start work on ppsspp core this week.

>I'm an idiot who doesn't read the front page of the Patreon page

>>Money will be priorly used for:
>Hosting fees for libretro buildbot
>Domain names
>Hosting fees for Lakka buildbot
>Hosting fees for the game thumbnails server

>>And if we get more money than expected, we would:
>Buy Controllers, single board computers, VR headset
>Buy Netplay/matchmaking server
>Start ProjectFuture, the third pillar to RetroArch / Lakka!

As for the goals, everything besides the QA and BountySource stuff is done already. So much for "not fulfilling promises".

He's got nothing to fear about that, because all you've got is shitposting.

Simias is still around but he said he has a full-time job now so he doesn't have time to work on PS1 emulation currently.

Pusher of Squares should use some of that Patreon money to get him to work.

What kind of autistic expression is this?

Are you talking about a bounty for improving rustation GL or something?

Improving beetle-libretro.

>Rustation GL

lol

I got logs. It doesn't count as shitposting.
Saturday, drama with radius:

2017-03-18T21:03:41 why bother if nobody else wants to do anythign
2017-03-18T21:03:44 alright then
2017-03-18T21:03:49 I was wrong then
2017-03-18T21:04:08 it’s the same reason why I didn’t update PPSSPP for so long
2017-03-18T21:04:17 why continue going on this endless process when nobody else gives a shit
2017-03-18T21:04:24 but don’t worry I’ll get that core finally revamped
2017-03-18T21:04:50 < radius> "nobody"
2017-03-18T21:04:52 < radius> github.com/fr500/
2017-03-18T21:05:24 I still feel like the maintenance burden on me alone is too high for all these cores
2017-03-18T21:05:25 all the same

Sunday, $800streamergate.

Tuesday:
2017-03-21T00:46:18 anyway I am working on an update for PPSSPP

See? Some irc logs threatening his pocket money leaked and he will stop sabotaging that ppsspp core and do some work on it after two years.

insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/topic/5587-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-hardtype-v46/page__st__40__p__146758#entry146758

>It doesn't count as shitposting.

It does. Especially when it's irrelevant or just another attempt to make him look as bad as possible by taking it out of context.

Too bad that you'll probably never get banned for trolling even if he found out your nick.

Anytime SP has fun without /emugen/'s express permission, it's embezzlement.

streamable.com/hb5wr

Here we go boyos, 1.7.4 ahoy

Does this address all known bugs? Besides the slow framerate, obviously. It doesn't look like it showed off the monster output crash though.

>"hurr I can't use ECCregen"

>>Sunday, $800streamergate.

It's a fake controversy just like Gamergate. He got a little defensive on the public chat to some guy and now /emugen/ trolls are on a witch hunt over it, which pretty much makes his defensiveness justified given the shitposting going on in the last thread.

Wrong thread, friendo.

>Users have to fix shitty romhacks to make them function

Why does RetroArch take so long to install or remove on Vita?
Larger games install faster than this, it doesn't make any sense.