Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK

Chain Game: Prologue
mediafire.com/file/xpr3vkt22mt6gwx/CollabProj.7z
Chapter 1 in progress | LeoHeart !!etRN8dI9InT

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=7jM2u-I6I2k
aww.moe/a3b73v.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Part 2 of OP Image

>boss uses ZaRock and Fury of the Earth in 1 turn
>Party dead except for Orihs who failed to use the reviver in time.
This has happened twice now, this boss is getting kind of irritating.

You can do it user!

But I'm lazy

I'm stealing resources from Rune Pharmacy.

Just think about how much joy your game could bring to other people user.

OP didn't update the collab game.

Chapter 2 in progress | BSTAnon
dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0

Previous thread

MV got an update

>Linux export option, and Linux editor (for Desktop mode)
>There's a tutorial feature added to the "Help" menu. It is still experimental, but it should help you to walk you through basic game making.
>Added New RPG Maker MV Tools to the Tools menu.
>Minor update to rpg_objects.js

Are scripts for VX Ace dying out? I'm scrolling through the master script list and I'm finding that a lot of these are broken links or just removed by the author.

I mean, I'd work on MV if it wasn't for the weird lag I get while playtesting that some others say aren't an issue for them.

I think most scripters have moved one by now.

Eh, that's a little disappointing, but I guess it can't really be helped. I'm terrible at locating scripts or plugins, so I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to be looking for to minimize the lag made by the game, or even what exactly the issue is when trying to figure out how to work around it.

So the best way to create a game is by creating the whole world first before adding story element?

Don't die on me again edition.

I have an entire project called stolen assets and even the story is a copy of something else.
Same! On any map larger than the screen resolution it lags for me.

I'd say it'd be to write it all out and have a plan to implement certain parts.

How do I into music?

Quasi ABS is discontinued or something?

If you think positively, everyone are busy making game.
Yeah right. As if that really happen.

>Want to upload a pic of my map
>Computer still updating
Hello from the other side..

Considering it's my turn to work on the game, I will probably nerf that boss a little. Not hugely, because I still beat it first try, but just a little.

Does anyone have any other things like bugs or stuff to note for the collab that I should be fixing?

fury of the earth is only scripted, really bad rng on that shit. have you tried spamming dark block with orhis? it is stackable.

I'd be against nerfing it considering another user thought it was the perfect difficulty.

did you get the newer version I released the day after or are you still using the original?

I got the new version, don't worry.

Been messing with GBC Aesthetic

Yes, but Quasi(now known as Quxios) is rebuilding it from scratch for some reason, like all his other old plugins.

this looks really good

Another GBC aesthetic.

Been trying to find a legit fix to make the text box and text actually look like GBC/NES era boxes.

I can't code for shit. So any transparency fixes have been difficult. With any fonts having fucked resolutions.

Was just going to say that everything looks amazing except for your text boxes and selection cursor. Those two things stick out like a sore tumb. Make your window skin pixel count bigger and chose a different font.

Tell me about your game.

Instead of nerfing something maybe make the player stronger

Thank you, but these are all ripped graphics. I've been just trying to rip and mess with graphical look and feel. Things run too smoothly or too fast so I've had to manually put in timers for each n' every dialogue.

It's more of a passion project based on my inability to actually finish a project.

Oh I can fix the pixel count? I didn't think about that. Thanks man, I'll attempt to fuck with the font file in RGSS.

You're part of a resistance movement fighting against an occupying force.

You're a templar for The Order of Bohmer Temple.
Germanic themes and the approach of justifying a holocaust.
That is, to murder thousands of a gypsy like race for the word of god is Schwertvon Unserem Herm Gebuoen. Soon you grow to learn the instabilities of the ideals and what the opposition believes in and what you believe in.

With a major point of the game to not make a "good" or "evil". With each cause is justified in some sense. But with a middle route being to save the world of sorts.

It might be overturned for a simpler plot. But I do like the ideas present.

You're a guy that gathers a party through a journey to save the kingdom from someone that wants to summon a demon. If you don't fuck up you're good and you either save that someone or defeat him for the good of the kingdom. If you fuck up you get another journey in another world and then you either go back to your own or slaughter your party and die.

Also what do you think is better for a game: generic "describing" enemy names(flame elemental wolf called "Crimson Wolf") or made up names that leave the player guessing from the looks or moves(called Wurfe)

how about big beenus' big adventure: trouble in big boy town

You're raising a young girl to be a super heroine or villainess.

I'm bored.

Work on your game

A little bit of both, just like real life.

DashBored

Today's Song of the Day:

youtube.com/watch?v=7jM2u-I6I2k

RMMV is 60% off on Steam btw.
I've had it pirated for a long time but I'm getting close to release so figured I should buy it.

Speaking of which, I was just about to ask; how does MV compare to VXA? Is it simpler, better, etc? Should I just stick with VXA?

I'm bored.

Just asking, how often do MV sales come up?

Here's the intro I have in the works, really excited to finally get progress on it!

aww.moe/a3b73v.mp4

Last one was in December I think, so probably about 3 times a year.

I'd far rather have the standalone installer which doesn't go on sale, but all I really need is the license on the chance I'm asked, and I'll just continue pirating the standalone to avoid steam cloud save bullshit

>aww.moe/a3b73v.mp4

I'm not really sure what the framing device is, but it seems to be an old guy going straight from talking about the weather to immediately telling a folk tale that has nothing to do with the weather.

Rather than creepy or mysterious, it just feels really inorganic to switch topic like that with nothing linking them.

As an aside, aren't you also working on that sexy robots vidya? Is this a downtime project?

I can't judge the voice quality because I'm not a native english speaker but that's a nice progress, user.

More like a side project, I work on one when I don't feel like working on the other, alternating between them.

Also, feel like it'd be better to cut off the first part where she talks about the weather?

Woah, looks good. I've been trying to do the exact same thing as you except with NES graphics and in VX Ace.

Right now mine's a mishmash of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest graphics but I'll make my own once I've got all the elements looking right. Font gets really finnicky in some places at low resolutions which is super annoying.

pls respond

I'm trying my best to make my game have very little dialogue/cutscenes, but the plot is kind of complex and not really possible to explain through gameplay alone.
So I'm wondering if I should go the lazy route and leave books/notes around explaining what's going on. Does anyone even read those?
My past projects were all really exposition heavy and I'm trying to avoid that.

bump

MV has some good plugins, but VXA is better for smaller sprites, less lag, and it's recent enough to still have working scripts.

Nothing wrong with me

I'm curious, how many people bought DashBored by now?

Nothing wrong with me

I'm really enjoying your new window skin.

You need to give the players enough story to get them invested so they are motivated.
Exposition dumps via notes/books are pretty boring if you ask me, I rarely read those.
A note here and there giving a little more insight about a character is okay, though.

Do you feel like a wizard yet? I know I do!

Don't worry, I'm going to smooth the animation so it's not so jerky on linear paths and so that it goes straight to the person instead of sorta-towards-it.

That is a projectile, btw, and not just an event running at a person. Which reminds me, I'm still wondering if fireball should even lock onto a target or if it should shoot straight. It's the same work either way, I suppose.

Woah, voice acting in an RPG Maker game? That's more dedication to detail than 99.99% of other RPG Maker games right there.

Neat.
Does it also work when the person moves?

Make the projectile about 400% faster, looks good thou!

I haven't been on in a while, did the Lessons of Passion guy ever post any more? I only have up to lesson five of his tutorials.

Also shame, that should really be in the OP.

>Does it also work when the person moves?
Right now, yes. It's heat-seeking or CURVED FIREBALLS, which looks just as wonky right now since I haven't smoothed its trajectory.

I'm planning on it. Right now projectiles move at a rate of 120 pixels per second in the X direction and the same in the Y direction (hence why it tends to align before hitting), but I'm planning on them moving at a fixed time, either something zippy like it always hits at 0.5 seconds after casting, or at a fixed speed that'll hit roughly 0.5s after casting from 5 tiles away.

Nice voice changer.

Also, I'm not a big fan of scrolling walls of text on a plain black background.

maybe I should try making a game

although I have zero experience and I can barely code anything worthwhile in Gamemaker

maybe not

You barely need coding experience with RPGMaker unless coding is what you're specifically going for. Go try making a game.

Damn. I came up with my characters before I came up with my plot. What do I do now?

You just need something to bounce them off of. Tomb of Horrors? Evil Wizard? Killer Robots? Competing on a game show?

Now think about some exciting situations to put those characters in. When you have a bunch of them - try to come up with how to justify those situations with a story. When it's all done - you should have a basic idea for the plot and the direction you would want to take with it.

They fight an evil undead-businesswoman. What I don't know is how they would meet and why they would join together.

Some complete strangers just happen to be taking the same elevator to floor 66 for an important business meeting at 6 o' clock sharp. Unfortunately for our heroes, this elevator ride quickly becomes a HELL-evator ride as they are magically intercepted by a demonic undead mistress and pulled into her demonic realm.

Of course that's fucking goofy, but it doesn't always hurt to try and go outlandish as possible for ideas.

>why they would join together

If they are fighting an evil businesswoman together, they should have something in common, right? Maybe they were all affected by her actions? It should be enough motivation to team up and try to take her down together.

>how they would meet

That's harder, but I think this user's idea

would work pretty well.

When you're trying to formulate a game do you usually start with maps first or database first?

Been playing around with perspective a bit. Some top down and isometric. Still doing a bit of testing with the isometric perspective. Which one looks best iyo

I always start with systems first - eventing the desired parts of gameplay that aren't already built in. For example, a pop quiz system, broken into subjects and a method of tracking progression and completion. Or a system for turn-based, sRPG combat on a map. Or a system for generating random NPCs. Or a system for real-time combat. Or a system for displaying text on the screen.

And so on. I like to know what I want the game to do before I start designing it. My exact method of game building is first having an idea of what world I want, then how I want people to interact in that world, then building the necessary systems for that interaction, and then building the world with those systems in place.

I also put asset creation really low on my list of things to do since I'm usually wondering how I'm even going to make things work, and I'm likely to drop a project/move on to something else anyways. RPGM is really just a learning tool for me. I don't have any great aspirations of game making since I'm not a one man team. I can't art or music at all.

Shit forgot to put the pic

Finally got a release date set. Looking like I can make it.

I always start with the battle system and other core things like movement/controls and making sure items and scripts work properly (mine has a hookshot for example, I wouldn't want to start planning maps around it if I don't get it working properly first).

Made up a city using Yanfly's doodads and with switches and his region plugin I'll make it to where the building will disappear if you go under it or the ones in front will disappear.

I almost thought the thumbnail was for The Lion King.

Good!

This looks great but it's hard to see the two on the sides since they blend in with the background

This better? Also, do you prefer this font for the title or the other one? Thanks for your feedback!

If it's going to be a higher res then the first one's better I think.

They pop a little more now, but not as much as I'd like.

Never give up user

I'll never get used to animals wearing jackets.

Can I make a game that resembles Old School D&D with high lethality at low levels, initially expendable PCs, and a focus on exploring and logistics

You can't make a game

so, is there any real benefit of buying RPGM MV on Steam instead of the oficial site?

Automatic updates and the work shop (never used it, though)
Also you can see how long you used the maker in total