Can I get a quick rundown?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Engine_of_the_Year
york.craigslist.org/cto/6084733514.html
f10.5post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=461994&d=1291336668
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>BMW bows to Toyota

Camaro killers

Single best way to both trigger jealous poorfags and project an adolescent desire for attention. Literally poorman-wants-to-look-rich car.

Source: Own one, dad has owned 3

BMW = Buy Much Warranty

You'll need one

uh so i don't know what shithole you live in but nobody here looks at a bmw and considers it an attempt at attention...

You can get a quick brokedown.

Buy new, and have a real automobile. I'm talking about a real machine, unlike all others you have driven before.
You will get a performance grade of engine, handling, braking and onboard systems. It will make you so much stronger on the roads, and by stronger I mean having a greater magnitude in the dynamical limits of the car. It's having a automobile that can handle corners at very high speeds - with not even a shiver. Its having braking power that will decelerate you properly should you need to avoid an obstacle, and handling to perform a swerve and not oversteer like a drunken madman in a combi. Other then that, Bayerische Motoren Werke make a damn good looking car, although im more pf a benzboy.

You seem like a reasonable user. Any particular reasons why Benz over Beemer?

I drove 328i then Q3 then glc300. I am partial to small/mid suv form factor since I make a trip from Munich to Zagreb (about 600km) and with sometimes one extra passenger (sometimes 3!) you need the bag space.

I like MB best for their cabin styling and driver interfaces, personal preferences I guess. 328i was just too damn small but the insanely good brakes saved my life once. Q3 was good but topped out just under 200km/h when loaded heavy with bags and people. glc300 flies 200+ easy even when loaded. And im talking about foot to the floor kickdown autobahn open suitcase-loaded 3 passenger left-blinker always on flashing highbeams flying fast. Then the motherfucker in the Bugatti comes up behind you going at 300km/h and you gotta scram.

Middle management cuckboxes.

I would rather cry in a BMW

Used to be great enthusiast cars then as always normies found out.

BMW started pandering to normies who didn't know why BMW was good but only that BMW was good.

Now you get cars that are still good but get weighed down with bullshit that normies like sometimes at the expense of what BMW was actually loved for.

Occasionally BMW will have a car that is pure greatness like the e82 but right now BMW is making more money tricking normies into buying night vision for their touch screens and buying little motors to move their seat and clean their headlights.

>used to be great
>went to essentially shit over the past decade but still has signs of hope
>golden era bmws are very affordable to buy but it pays to research common issues, and know how to fix them
>unreliability meme has some grain of truth but the majority is careless owners
>if you get one and fix it up good you tend to get really really attached

t. filthy bmw apologist

>then as always normies found out.

normies knew about them since the beginning, it's just that until recently they stuck to what made them good.
recently they kind of stopped caring and started breaking all kinds of conventions and not in a good way. now they're just a shittier mercedes

Only good thing bmw made.

should i buy an e30?

Just got a job with BMW. How fucked am I br/o/s?

I wish the mod would do his fucking job

Owning one turns you into a tailgating fag

Please explain how you manage to blow smoke up your own ass.

BMW, all their cars look the same so you might trick some dummies into thinking you're driving an M car from a distance.

How and why? Wtf

Actually you're quite fucked if you're sales.

BMW is losing market share and getting rid of incentives and deep discounts on leases.

As well as removing MSD program which made for some sweet deals.

Careful. Amerifats don't know the feeling of a real Autobahn. Most of them have never driven above 70 mph.

Used to be great up until 2005.
>Then they started to fuck shit up and started to make unreliable vehicles with massive engine problems ( such as the famous N47 ).
>Now they just build cars to sell, the problems is that fewer and fewer people are buying them.
>Quality is going down generation by generation, prices go up generation by generation.
>Recently they announced that they will give up on manual gearboxes, their tradermark straight-6 is dead as a doornail, they made a FWD BMW throwing away their trademark RWD only cars, the next gen 1 series will be built on a Mini platform and get fwd. And the next generation 3 series will have a 1.5L 3-cyl petrol as a base engine.

The fact is that BMW is falling like a sack of potatoes, they intentionally cheapen out on their cars just because muh badge and muh brand.

But the fact is that they got steamrolled by Mercedes, Audi and Lexus, because people are finding it unacceptable to charge 70.000 euros on a car with plastic interior.

Just get a golden age BMW, a pre-2005, straight-6 whatever, and enjoy the purity and the driver perfection that BMW once was.

BMW used to be the tits in it's earlier modern days.
>The 1 series used to be only RWD hatchback and that was it's selling point. Now it's just an overpriced Mini.
>The 3 series used to be best all-rounder in the compact saloon bunch. Now it's so far behind it's competition, yet it's still priced like premium. And they dared to put a 1.5l 3-cyl. The big one is that the 3 series won't get optional air suspension on the upcoming G20, whereas you can order it on a C Class or on Lexus.
>The 5 series used to be the sporty executive charriot but now it's plagued with issues, plastic and out-dated design. Even the A6 has a more modern interior than the F10 5 series.
>The 7 series is the only one that is trading punches on equal ground with the big boys.
>Not to mention the fact that entry-level X5 has a 2.0L 4-cyl diesel. On a fucking X5.

No wonder they are losing sales fast.

Good cars but the reputation is brought down by poorfags that lease base model 3 series and think it makes them look rich.

While we are talking about "premium", lets not forget the running costs. A simple oil change on a 10y/o 7 series will run you 500 bucks at an authorised dealer.

Fug.

Oh well. Story of my life, I guess.

Other than this they're fine. Expensive to maintain once the warranty runs out.

Houston. I don't deny it's a shithole.

The thing about normies is that they don't know what makes good things good. BMW can get away with more plastic and shittier parts because normies don't care about anything but the badge.

The same shit is happening in everything. Fender USA guitars used to be top tier. Then they realized they could sell chink pot metal bridges and water down the copper in wiring and people would still pay for it.

Sublime cars made by germans , thus there are a few annoying drawbacks thanks to overengineering .

t. lifetime bmw owner

t. pathetic cuck

God DAMN

>a brokedown

Lmfao memeballs created by jealous poorfags are the best
>shitty engines
>most awarded engine manufacturer ever
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Engine_of_the_Year

>Porsche only 5 awards

Gee, that is credible. Really made me think

Enjoy your fake engine noises (from non-BMW cars) recorded and played over your speakers in lossy mp3

drive e34 535 manual. pretty fun, was enjoyable to drive.
drive f10 535 auto. eh.. was o.k. It wasn't bad, but wasn't fun to drive, wasn't all that comfy. It was eh.. the only reason i could see to buy one is the bmw badge. Lexus offers a better comfier car for far less.
if you want. an e36 or e34 is a better car.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Engine_of_the_Year
2003-- renesis engine of the year and best new engine
>but its a good engine 250 from only 1.3 liters, you just have to premix, constantly check oil, not turn it off after you start it up, where a buttplug with 10w-30 and live with 15 mph just so you can drive a miata coupe

>fake noises
But it's the actual noise being recorded and played back via the speakers
If your car does not have a sound enhancing system of some sort you are probably driving a piece of shit and you should commit sudoku

>this level of damage control

I've had mine 3 years from new and not had any a single issue. I'll be trading it in for another brand new BMW in September. Where does this meme come from? Poor people not buying brand new?

>RENESIS has two engine wins
I mean I fucking love wankels but how deluded to you have to be to make that the international engine of the year?

>As well as removing MSD program which made for some sweet deals.

Fuck. That was one of the boons to their program since they allow 10 SDs. You could get some insane leases with that.

This

Please stop making us BMW owners sound like aggressively retarded, egotistical normies.

I've also been looking at e36s, there are a couple in the area with approx 200,000km. Anything to look out for?

Edirty6 master race

stancefag reporting in. same setup, same color, same year.

Does this seem legit?

york.craigslist.org/cto/6084733514.html

Some dude changed lanes today without looking so there's that. Nothing out of the ordinary.

What engine?

I've also been looking at e30s for a while now, but keep seeing e36s pop up for like half the price of e30s... I've driven a lot of e30s, but no e36s. On paper, looks an e36 325i is ~275lbs heavier than an e30 325i. Clearly the power in the e36 makes up for it (+20hp, a bit under a second faster 0-60, +10mph top speed), but i'm curious if you loose that fun-handling-light-older car feel, or if they still feel relatively similar. Because if they do, it seems worth it to save couple thousand and go for the e36.

Those bmw v12 engines are boat anchors.
paying for spark plugs and the billion other things wrong with a 500 dollar bmw.
kYS

I am having a Z4 coming in from Miami later this week. I am super excited. Test drive for the same model was fucking great.

Haters gonna hate.

Don't buy anything that was made after the e36 unless you know what you're doing.

>york.craigslist.org/cto/6084733514.html
The v12 in those cars are literally two I6's mated at the crank.

They have two seperate ECU's and various other running gear.

That being said I've always wanted to own one and try a manual conversion.

turd brown e39 touring?
nice, actually. that color is rare as shit

first gen Z4 owners;
how does it compare to a miata, in terms of driving dynamics and feedback and acceleration and comfort and noise? I'm talking about the non-M

Just go and test one out dude.

hard to find one in good condition at a dealer and i'm not one to bug caring owners for drives

Can you not google old C&D and R&T comparos?

>Even the A6 has a more modern interior than the F10 5 series.
f10.5post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=461994&d=1291336668

yeah no

Seattle here. It might be the tinted windows, but my bimmer seems to command attention. I've owned a used one for a month and been flipped off more times so far than in 9 years of owning a podunk Chevy 4-door. Driving almost the exact same way, too, except I coast a lot more in such a heavy car (ie no, I'm not speeding up to stop at that red light).

Friend's mom called it a 'pussy magnet.' Have yet to try that, but we'll see

brittle plastic
brittle plastic everywhere i look
make it stop

t.e46 owner

Shit plastic cooling systems
Shit garbage suspension bushings
Shit garbage window & sunroof regulators & motors
Shit electrical wiring
Shit computers
Shit owners are dilusionall assholes who cut people off evertime they change lanes without signaling or looking.
Just all around shit basically

>flipped off more times
That's just how drivers say hello to bimmers. It's like the Jeep wave, ya know?

They weren't around long enough to expose the flaws in the oiling system.

If you were to essentially remodel and rebuild a car, Im talking custom panels, custom interior, rebuilt from frame to finish, underbody blasted and repainted etc. What engine would you choose? A S50B52 or a S54? S54 is nice as is but S52 defintely is cheaper to rice and I hear more reliable, also drive by cable (I like this). A project I have in the back of my heas to make a tribute car. Would't be crazy riced, mostly for reliability and longevity actually, though there would be some nice perf mods.

Here's a quick rundown:
-Rothschilds bow to BMWnoffs
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control france with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (BMWngrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be BMWnoff babies
-both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have BMWbots inside you right now
-The BMWnoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the BMWnoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. BMWnoff
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

>their tradermark straight-6

Except you know the b58 which is so far a fantastic engine. Better than the previous n55...

So the devil has come to rear it's ugly head. You stupid fuck. Don't scratch that e36 you dumbass.

Best motorcycles ever made, period. High performance, practical, reliable, easy to work on. BMW nails it.
Terrible cars though.

Considering a 2001 740i, with 100k miles on it. Bad idea?

If it has a 'small oil leak,' run the other way. Bimmers don't get mileage like that by accident, though.

where are you located?

how much would said leak (and other problems this might signal) cost to fix

If anything BMWs have gotten a lot cheaper over the last 15 years, and yeah it pisses me off with their FWD 2 Series monstrosity and cars like that but their top end cars are still great cars which is the whole reason I like BMW. I'm never going to buy a 316i that's for the badgewhores but I certainly will buy a late model M5 or M3 at some point which always have and will always be excellent cars. I own an E39 525i M Sport and as great as it is I can still appreciate a lot of their newer vehicles. It will only get better now Bangle fucked off.

>tfw m5 v10s are dipping below 20k in some cases
>vanos solenoids are literally 1200 a piece (4 per vehicle)
>as you know solenoids like to poop out randomly
>rod bearings are recommended every 50k even with oil changes every 3k-4.5k and oil change analysis is recommended
>smg pumps meme you hard if you dont get the stick