/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #18

Route R: MID[R]IFF SISTE[R]S

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>"What is /ndg/?"
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>[Official Nier:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[Important information]
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[PC/STEAM VERSION RELATED INFO]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>General Options & Improvements Pastebin - Performance, Graphical, Trainer, Etc:
pastebin.com/niFbTsDF

>Fullscreen Fix
pastebin.com/YKpYSJuX - oldish
pastebin.com/1GXugbKM - newish

>PS4 Controller Button Prompts
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/870-nier-automata-dualshock-4-button-prompts/

>"What Happened before Nier: Automata began?"
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>[Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia - Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[!!IMPORTANT!!]
>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE]:
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[NieR: Automata OST]
>NOTE: Many stage songs do NOT have Vocal versions in order to shrink download size and instead have a Vocal Only files. DIY for now.
mega.nz/#!YsxQyS4K!RnBQvfRRW4O4cunf0ftWs1TWNBMBg6uLdLcU0QO_JXk

>[The Weekly 2B Butt .Zip Download - Lewds and Non-Lewds]:
twitter.com/2b_butt

>[NieR: Automata Steam Theme Download]:
pastebin.com/4WwASa48

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ruqz2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>God will never come from machine
Tragic

Also should I get Replicant or Gestalt?

2B9S
O T P
T
P

Remember how 2b implies that 9S is being friendly to redcoat cause he's attracted to her? Is this an implication that s models are inherently drawn to e-models? Pretty cruel

Yes.
They're the same everything just the connotations of certain moments and choices get colored a little differently due to their slightly different origins.

Replicant if you have ANY taste (and can speak japanese)

well, Gestalt gives IMHO more relatable story with Father Nier
and his English voice acting is top
but I don't know all the differences between Replicant and Gestalt except Father/Brother Nier
or she just tried to somehow stop him from researching the topic further
but your idea is nice tho

As far as I could understand the machines emulate human behaviour because of emil. They are poor copies of him heavily altered to serve the ayylmaos and thanks to emil previous human nature their instincts seeped into their personalities wich was made worse by the likely fact that they are born with hooman souls, in the case of yorha at least.

Is the logic virus essential the red eyes from DOD? And also the problem that came from Caim and Angel coming into modern tokyo?

When e models aren't being referred as exterminators

They are ecchi.

AFAIK a adaptation of red eyes

Maybe. It's speculated that all of the "tech" in N:A is actually just magic.

>Is the logic virus essential the red eyes from DOD?
It might be an imitation. Theres a LOT of parallels to the watchers and the network from ending C, so who knows

logic viruses are presumably weaponized code that can be injected via various means (like EMP waves, I guess.), and the code itself causes some sort of logical fault in the android's thought process and basically drives them insane, or something.

in the case of machines, you mean. YoRHa only gets included because they're running off machine cores which is where the souls are sitting.

>just finished ending C
I can't bring myself to start route D

Well it IS tech. It just uses magically principles to do shit that would otherwise be physically impossible same as the machines.

Almost infinite energy from water for example.

Is it safe to say A2 killed her designated E unit?

>speculated
How is this speculation? All late human civilization magic is based on magic, including androids. Dunno about the machines

There's a trail of light at ending E so continue through the suffering

She killed multiple. Commander said every unit sent after her was killed. This implies multiple attempts that did jack shit.

It isn't really, all the near field controls have in common are the runes since they're some very cheap derivative, and Yorhas are not built to withstand any stress from actual magic.

I wanna play taro's shmup game!

do I start at the beginning again or do I just pick the last chapter and choose the other?

Machines use human tech its just repurposed and hijacked by aliens originally so yes they also use magic to get shit done that conventional tech couldn't reasonably do.
>a trail of light
user.....

>all those threads on /v/ trying to be edgy thinking they are spoiling the game
And thats why I left that garbage board.

Pick the last chapter and choose the other. Ending E starts in the credits.

so who the fuck made yorha? machines or androids?

Machines on the wild might just have hooman souls, in the case of yorha units we are certain they do because of the gestalt server they assimilated

well shit, nothing ever goes right for anyone in this universe

The little girl in red that fought A2 is N AFAIK, she did it for her amusement

Nah m8. The network assimilated the old servers which lead to every core it makes having one.
Every YoRHa unit is just using a repurposed machine core so they got one by proxy.

imgur.com/a/ruqz2

game came out last month

This better be an actual bit if happiness and not a fucking meme otherwise I'm gonna fucking kill myself

Ah my bad. Well it's nice to know that in the end humanity got itself killed with red eyes. again. Somehow.

Stop pushing the idea of a taro shmup game. Shmups can't financially succeed as big commercial projects. And what then, we're back at the point where we can never realistically expect another yoko taro game again because his last game was an experimental dud

ingame lore states that yorha was made to advance android evolution and effectiveness, against machines, I guess, it could be hypothesized that they're simply delaying the inevitable realization of humanity's absence for themselves in a futile attempt to maintain some semblance of a purpose.

the more confusing part is who is actually pulling the strings? if it's an android, then that android knows it no longer has purpose or meaning, and it's not like there's a high council of humanity, they're all dead, so it's sort of this weird plot grey area where there are a lot of possible explanations but none of them make quite enough sense to be definitively true over one another.

Yoko fucking Taro.
The waterfall in the forest. RIGHT where it lands.

user, you might need to give a break from the game before resuming it.

We love you and we want to spoil other games for you. Just come back ok?

LALALALA LALALALA

>visiting /v/ at any point of time and space
m8

>who is actually pulling the strings?
N2? It's what I got out of it

THE WATCHERS THEY DANCE!

So it is a meme. Fuck it. I'm not doing this again.

So, what exactly is an android?

How exactly are they different from the machines?

DO IT YOU DUNDERFUCK

From Creators to Created (is this right?)

Humans > Pre-Extinction Androids (DevPop series) > Post-Extinction Androids (Yorha Series) + Pods

If gestalts die replicants will soon after.
Kaine killed humanity for a shota-version of Nier.
E is only happy is EVERYONE EVERYWHERE FOREVER gives up selfish acts entirely and devotes their existence to others. No keeping the bigger half of that cookie you broke to share, no arguing over who's lawn the fence sits in more and if its a zoning issue or is your neighbor encroaching, no bitching becky got that raise you've wanted for the past year within a month, etc. nothing. Yours, and everyones, actions have to directly go to supporting the whole and you have to trust that them doing the same will support you but you can't do this for the selfish reason that you doing this ultimately leads to YOUR survival. Now try and imagine ANYONE being 100% on this then imagine every person doing this forever.
Welcome to YokoTaroLand.

A human like machine

It was made by superior nvidia instead of being cheap radeon clone from xing ling store

I feel like someone can make an infographic out of this so no one asks the same damn questions.

Top line is the Humans -> Anroids creation path, bottom line is Ayylmaos -> Biomachines path. Then some arrows showing how eventually the 2 lines need each other to push evolution further for both Yorha and Biomachines

Why do you ask so many questions? Why does this person ask useless questions, Legna?

>Not Insane Emils.

D is a happy end.

She wanted Nier's dick.

Pointlessly making myself upset is not a what I would describe as a productive use of my time. I've gone through 3 routes. I'm good. I'll just lurk here for the rest of the story

The group behind YoRHa are likely still around, but they were a bunch of fucks who didn't know N2 let them go with their scheme.

From a certain viewpoint every end is a happy end.

Why play a taro game?

Any Buyfags out there find and good Automata stuff? All I've really seen is the statue with the Black Box editon.

Androids are human made machines and/or Human Forces Android made machines. Basically they're the machines of "our" side.

Machine Lifeforms are alien controlled machines that are made using our factories and our tech and/or Machine Lifeform made but network controlled machines. Basically they're the machines of "their" side.

Wait for a month or so. Given the popularity of the game, merch should be in its design phase right now.

All endings are happy endings

Nah m8. She wants his ass so bad she rapes the ass of a fresh corpse that slightly kind of reminded her of Nier's. In front of the corpses sister who was in the room at the time.

Their cores are also made from plants as they briefly mention at one point.

It explains why Pascal can make tech from something like trees for fuel filters. Even the dick aliens are likely plants considering Adams description of them.

C is the fucking pinnacle of unhappy end. At least for the main cast. 9s alone in a world where the person he's programmed to love is dead and his purpose is gone

Did Nier always want to be a little girl?

I'm sorry, but by ignoring ending E you are losing the happiest experience you can get from the game

Theres some figures being made in weebland but they aren't out yet.

Not only that, you're losing out on the biggest moment in vidya since the last decade.

who wouldn't?

I want a from soft Taro game.

The trailers made it look fun. I thought it would be fun I've never played a Nier or drakengard game. Now I know better

Could work
Also Taro + Urobutcher?

>duplicant soul : nier must die edition
Humanity is not ready for it

If A2 got the memory stick of 2B, why does she need to read that entry from the tower for her to know 2B original designated unit is?

Close. They mention they cores are "plantlike" and considering they run off water for energy that makes sense so maybe it just replicates/uses plant functions for certain things but it can't actually BE plant matter as its physically impossible for near infinite energy to be created that way and considering the aliens made machine cores using their "conventional" tech it couldn't be magic either.

something tells me taro and miyazaki working together would end up a real special game, not neccesarily in a good or bad way, just something that nobody can quite make much sense of.

Bullshit... ending e felt kinda forced. Ending d was the strongest ending by a mile, e was just the obligatory happy ending cause taro promised one

Get D or C or whichever one you didn't get and then accept the credits halt by the pod.
You don't need to carry the weight all by yourself, you know.

I would literally give my anal virginty to play a game like this

it's likely that 2B intentionally erased certain things/corrupted by virus/never came up as a relevant topic so A2 never accessed the data.

Why are you calling manah2.0 nier?

Because she didn't read 2B memory stuck

Sadly it's likely that 2b memory on the sword was a actual reference to memento. As in the only thing left of her. As she found A2 she already had irreparable damage and only her pod might have something resembling her memories.

>Ending d was the strongest ending by a mile
Everyone dies and the machines win and leave for space, pretty shitty ending if you ask me.

Who doesn't?
That'd be some suicide-tier story and a REALLY fucked up(not in a good or bad but weird way) game.

>Having an A4 would decrease morale lets not make any based on her personality
>Instead lets make Idolrus! 24D and 42S!
>24D gets infected and 42S dies.

Well Miyazaki did say he'll be working on a new 'weird' IP

NOW
LET US EMBRACE DEATH

>wanting to keep it in the first place
Ugh, I don't understand you.

Well, ending e isn't completely illogical or dumb, and I think a happy ending after a bucketfull of suffering and despair makes for a better ending than more cloudy skies with the smallest of silver linings.

The Resistance is still alive.
Machines not part of the network are still alive.
Animals are still alive. What ones are left.
YoRHa was disposable.

So the difference is that 9s gets to go with them to robot heaven and he finds peace

I wish Adam had more screen time.

Both are happy endings. Deal with it

It's entirely possible to build a core out of carbon only, while being empowered by water. There's a type of carbon plastic that conduct electricity and using water as fuel is not exactly a new concept as well

>a literal kojima clone wearing kojima glasses
>goes on to make a city made of SALT and just copies and retreads shit people did ages ago
>gets severed from his source of power and origins and dies a bitch death because of it
Shots fucking fired.

>REALLY fucked up
If it was similar to drakengard 1 that'd already work for a souls game. In fact dod does the oppressive hopeless feel better than DaS, for better or worse

Would you pat 9S on the head?

>Yorha continues the fight for humanity in hell
I'd buy this

I'd buy the shit out of this