Stancefags

Why does this scene even exist?

Because nobody took geometry

It's easy to get into, it serves as a hugbox where nobody's going to call your Civic on crooked wheels a slow shitheap, and there's participation trophies for everyone.

I think it's more sad that they hold competitions for this shit that involves getting out of a driveway without scraping or something.

Ever see car limbo?

It's fun to have a low & slow shitbox, just do it right for what its worth. Engine spacers aren't hard to come by so ya don't splack your pan.

Aren't you the guy who lost control and wrecked your GS going straight?

Iirc he hit an oil patch coming around a corner

How many bone stock mustangs smash into shit when cruising out of a parking lot?

so are these cars drivable at high speeds

You'll have to define the term 'drive-able'.

They aren't even that driveable at low speeds. They are shit in every conceivable way.

GS wasn't "stanced" so that's pretty secondary in this thread my man

Posers gonna pose

Christ you could have at least wrecked that piece of shit instead so we wouldn't have to keep looking at it

The picture should tell you all you need to know

Holy fuck, i was about to make a thread wondering what happened to that stance boy

cimas are for faggots

get out of here this is toyota town

Please tell me it's bagged.

niggers

>it's a "weebs hype an inferior version of the LS made to fit the size restrictions of Japan" episode

>implying some alignment technician can afford bags

Reminder

Bag set ups are actually pretty cheap phamilia

>T. Blue collar worker

Yeah if your priorities are fucked

>He's not responsible enough to budget finances and spend money on his main hobby without skipping rent and eating top ramen for a month

Must suck 4 u

The jews, man. They have come up with another way to make money. The tires wear out quicker than before. Kids are spending more money on tires. Its all a market conspiracy, getting the kiddies to drive slow and waste money on rimz and stiff suspension so it feels like their getting fucked in the ass.

>being retarded with money and spending thousands of dollars on something that looks stupid and has no resale value must mean you are poor
Now, I just know that you're from America. No one could be that stupid and not be American

Car in foreground has evident fluid leak. People in background appear to be inspecting a pebble in the road.

Amirite?

Is this considered stance?
I hate excessive camber, especially when it's on some shitty vw golf, but I really like the aesthetic for drift cars.

So is stance to this degree acceptable if you skate your car?
I like it so I don't really car what others think, but just wanted to hear opinions.

It looks like fucking shit.

Maybe if you were American you would know that American blue collar workers aren't piss poor like in Europe.

lots of camber on drift cars is functional.

Stance isn't drift though, and is not functional

>lots of camber on drift cars is functional.

If you don't have the power to break the wheels free, it can help.

But if you want low times around the track, eventually you will have to straighten the car out and accelerate. Lots of camber messes that up.

>But if you want low times around the track, eventually you will have to straighten the car out and accelerate. Lots of camber messes that up.

agreed, though drift cars couldn't care less about track times.

lots of camber at the front helps with contact patch when countersteering due to caster

>drift cars couldn't care less about track times
They do care about corner entry speed, though, and being faster can help you separate from your opponent, meaning better scores.

>his hobby is impressing vape kiddies

Those fucking bag systems cost more than replacing all for corners on an Airmatic Merc

camber isn't going to affect entry speed so significantly that they lose a competition, and they're exiting corners in a drift anyway.

plus only professionals get judged based on entry speed, your average drifter isn't scored, they just like skidding.

Nothing more than 2 degrees is acceptable on street cars, and that too only for Porsches and stuff

>I'm not poor guise, look at all the things I can waste my money on!
This is how poor people stay poor

Drift isn't about track times, it's about being scored by judges like a skating contest for faggots

Not everyone has a Veeky Forums mentality. Maybe he is fine with "wasting" the 500$ a month left after he pays for everything rather than investing it in penny stocks or dogecoin.

>spending thousands of dollars on something that looks stupid and has no resale value

kek, why don't you talk out of your ass some more? the kit i pieced together handles like a set of top-of-the-line coilovers and costed half as much, if i can also air out and lay frame just to piss ignorant people like you off that's just an added bonus.

>his hobby is impressing vape kiddies
it's actually owning, restoring, and modifying old cars but if some youngsters like what I make then it's a win for me. how often do you get strangers coming up to you and complimenting you on your car user?

if spending money on a hobby you find interesting is wasting it you must be boring as fuck. you're like those old asian ladies that cuss out their children for leaving a light on for 5 seconds. keep pinchin those pennies senpai, im sure you'll get to keep them when you die :^)

Bags will never handle as good as coil overs, let alone a kit that costs half as much as

>restoring, and modifying old cars
You mean ruining them

and have you ever driven a car with a proper bag set up? it really comes down to the type of strut you use. i went with bilstein shocks and it handles like tits. you should try it sometime, you might like it, or not, but you'll also be coming from a place of experience, not making up arguments like 99% of the people in this thread, so i might actually believe what you say then, lmao

>waaah bags ruin a car instantly
this is actually the first one i've bagged but to each their own. before i bought this car it was collecting dings and dents in an apartment complex parking lot and was destined to rot away in the rain. now it's actually driven and maintained. you can cry about the suspension all you want, it's no skin off my dick homie.

>have you ever driven a car with a proper bag set up?
Every day

He didnt hit shit. Roads were damp (not wet) and hist tilty wheels had a tiny contact area, so it spunout, jumped the curb and hit a tree.

what are they doing?

Inspecting the pebble they busted their oil pan on

Stanced cars look fucking terrible.

Jesus Christ, at least bag it. They're not even that expensive.

oil change

On the front wheels yes. On the back it's stupid if you have more than 100hp

Cimas are life tho

"No"

>alignment rack

My sides can't handle keks of this magnitude.

inb4 durr it doesn't go straight

Hopefully he'll end up on the curb again lel

The squared chrome exaust tips only come together with the rear bumper, Mercedes trying to hide their fake exaust tips lol

If I do, I'll fix it, again.
I get that some chucklefuck with an ill maintained shitbox can't fathom such work, but not everybody is you, my man.

>but not everybody is you

Of course :^)

Focus fitment = stance

Thats a nice CAR

More camber means more grip when going full lock which means you can take more speed into a corner entry

Mix dick measuring contests with "Millenial Muh Individuality" and its what you get.

Theres an upper limit to that, the camber you see on most stanced car its useless even for that.

And most drift cars have altered steering geometry that allows the wheels to turn to almost 90* making camber irrelevant.

>making camber irrelevant
Yeah... sure thing

Let see your Drift build then user......

angery reacts only

w201 or w124?

Stancefags are retarded, they don't know how allignment works user

You understand that without a generous amount of negative camber, when the wheels are turned 90 degrees the outside edge of the leading side will be the only part touching the ground?
With 90 degree knuckles negative camber is even more prevalent than without

hmmm not seeing alot of camber on this.

or this.....

very good point

Thats because you are a dumbass, you want a bit of negative camber because the inside qheel gains positive camber when reaching full lock

Holy fuck you are stupid as fuck
the wheels are at full lock, it's obvious they have excessive amounts of negative camber to be that planted at that angle otherwise they would be tilted the ither way and have only the outside edge of rubber touching the ground

Stanced cars look retarded, and I mean that in the most literal sense possible. If a car could get Down's syndrome, it would look like it's stanced.

Nah. I run -3 in the front and -2.8 in the rear on my autox Miata and it's fine on the street.

Bc you get trophies just for participating. Kinda like the special olympics.

>yes kids its that easy to trigger stance fags.

>because the inside qheel gains positive camber

Who cares? Most of the cornering force is generated by the outside wheel.

People who drift cars care.

People who aren't dumbasses care

Define high speeds

because some people are born with extra chromosones.

W201, good eye user. Just hit 110k last week.

It's a hipster fashion accessory, stancefags aren't car enthusiasts.

I guarantee you that 90+% of people with stanced cars have never owned another modified car or done any kind of performance driving, and have no intention of doing so. Stance is the white/asian equivalent of donks or lowriders.

Nice, i have an 86 190d. How do you like your bags? I'm looking at CAtuned coilovers rightnow, and yes i'm aware of the strut tower weakness. best pic i have of it.

literally because its "different" and at least looked "cool" back in the 90's-early 00's

Now its played out and nothing else has replaced it, well maybe the drifto vape faggots.

T. Factory lowered car

phil/o/s with all their projection and shit taste as usual

I don't get it. When I mod my car, I do it to make it better. Even the few purely aesthetic mods I've done didn't affect the functionality or performance in any negative way.

Spending a bunch of money to deliberately make a car objectively and measurably worse in return for questionable aesthetics requires a mindset that is entirely foreign to me.

Mabe you're autistic?

that would explain why so much of Veeky Forums doesnt like it

Funny how that is since its autists whom form the core of the stance community.

You must have missed the memo. In Trump's America, rational = autistic.

Ok let me spell it out for you:

The stance community is largely made up of people who never socially developed past the age of 8 at best.

All they know how to get attention is by doing stupid shit, and wanting to get awards for it.

dis projection tho

Nice it looks clean, and the diesels models are rare as fuck here in burgerville.

I love the set up I have, I've got custom front control arms to take care of the clearance issues with the bags. I'd definitely recommend CAtuned if you're not going with an air set up.

And yeah, I had to replace the strut mounts when mine was still on the factory suspension before the kit went on and I'm pretty sure they need to be replaced again. Damn things are made out of glass, at least it's only ~$20 for a pair.

>it's about being scored by judges

So what the judges are scoring is the ability to butcher a car to the point that it can't help but lose traction. There's no talent involved.

Try drifting a car that is set up to get decent track times, acceleration, etc. That takes skill.