What do you think about Marcus Garvey and his plan of repatriating black people to Africa

What do you think about Marcus Garvey and his plan of repatriating black people to Africa

I don't think that's what Africa really needs 2bh
Jokes on African-Americans aside, doesn't the educated diaspora benefit the countries they migrated from to some degree? Most of them probably send money to their relatives on a regular basis.

Libera is a complete failure, and if Garvey was alive when it collapsed I wonder what he would have thought.

Ridiculous but hey, he tried something

I'd always assumed that the lower classes of immigrants sent money to their home countries whilst the more educated - and thus wealthier and closer to assimilation - kept money in their host country's borders.

Stupid nationalist idealism

American blacks making Africa great again was a possibility in the pre-Civil Rights era, not now. Too much focus on the self nowadays.

well it worked for the jews

All I know is rappers talk about him a lot

he was pan-africanist, maybe africans will be ready for that in a century or maybe never

I guess that makes sense since the families of the more educated are more likely to be well-off in the first place.
As a personal anecdote though, my (educated, West-African) parents used to send a lot of money to their siblings who were sort of sacrificed for them to be able to afford a decent education. They now only send medication and specific goods to make sure it reaches the right persons.

It probably wouldn't have worked out. I mean maybe if he tried this right after the civil war, but considering when he tried it, it seemed too late to work. Africa had changed too much because of European colonial interference.

I thought that was just the ones from Asian countries.

I wish Soros used his money to set up a black country and ship all the Blacks in the US over. We would have much less crime over here and over there they could actually try for the 839th time to prove that leftism works

>money to set up a black country and ship all the Blacks in the US over

We tried that. It was called Liberia, and any blacks that wanted to go were allowed. Didn't really work out.

Then we wouldn't have jazz or techno

most didn't have the money to go and after Lincoln was killed nobody really had the incentive to use tax money to send more over

>jazz
I'll miss it
>techno
I'll live

Liberia was a failure.

>no house

>and any blacks that wanted to go were allowed

Retarded

Would be cool. Send the niggers back home to the continent they are oh so proud overrrrrr

the difference was that the Project for an Jewish state in Palestine was in the works on and off for decades and they had the support of multiple rich powers.

Leftism does work
t. African Che man

the problem with Liberia is that they instituted slavery like in America.
If they didn't Institute the American Constitution which allowed for slavery they would have fared much better
The problem is they follow the example of the old American Constitution.
What slavery they instituted slavery of their own people and their neighbors and created many enemies.
Former Slaves wanting slaves how ironic.

Reading about the guy, interesting
Looks like he was a black nationalist and also an entrepreneur (the Black Star Lines could have been profitable if his views became popular)

Its almost like niggers are dumb and don't learn from their mistakes. I'm sure the only problem was the fact that they copied America's constitution

Has anyone actually thought about the logistics of it? How? Does a black man REALLY want to be sent back to Africa, one of THE biggest shit holes in the world? Like, sure their ancestors were fucked over (where they really?) but now they get to live in one of (arguably) the greatest countries in the world. Even if they are the lowest of the low in that society their level of comfort and their quality of life is a million times better than that of their African counter parts who cannot even control the fucking AIDS virus.

I mean it sounds nice, but really, why the fuck would you want to go back there? I am not even American.

>who cannot even control the fucking AIDS virus.
are you implying anyone can?

>If they didn't Institute the American Constitution which allowed for slavery they would have fared much better
Why? Is there a single example of a stable constitutional african republic? Lmao.

Are you implying AIDS is as prevalent in first world nations as it is in Africa? There is a reason I said control, and not cure.

That sounds like more of a geenerational gap than education/assimilation

By wearing a condom. But seriously tho, most of these African countries citizens are for example catholic christians and they listen to their beloved pope who once said "Condoms are the work of the devil to prevent procreation!" and so they're dumb enough to listen to that shit instead of using logic. They breed a lot kids to help in their agriculture, which half of them wouldn't even survive puberty in their conditions.

because American-style """"""""""republicans"""""""""" are an absolute joke mate.

>republic =/= the american republican party
You're that guy who thought that Athens being a Democracy meant that the Greeks would vote for Obama, aren't you?

A lot of New World blacks returning to Africa during that time were racist as fuck, they basically bought up the land and turned the locals into indentured servants and became the elite.

Since the end of the civil war, it's been improving in leaps and bounds though, and it's got a functional government/democracy. Just look at how much better they tackled Ebola compared with Guinea. Just give it time, and it'll get to Ghana's level.

>Its almost like niggers are dumb and don't learn from their mistakes.
Some did, some didn't

Just another nig nog spouting meme think

It'd have been funny if a large amount of american blacks attempted to populate an African country. It'd be funny because they'd probably be enslaved/exterminated.

Massive amounts of black people get aids while the other races seem to avoid it pretty well. It's almost like black behavior transfers aids at high rates.

>Libera is a complete failure
Liberia should really shut any of these back to Africa types up.

>Educated first world blacks go to Africa
>OH SHIT THESE NIGGERS ARE UNEDUCATED SAVAGES
>Well obviously they can't run things, they're fucking stupid
>We're smart and know what's up
>Let's just set up a caste system with us at the top and the natives on the bottom
>150 years later
>pic related

Probably wouldn't even go that well since most of these types nowadays are even more effete and go into PTSD mental breakdowns at hearing racist langauge or seeing a gun so they'd just got slaughetered and within 6 months the dream would be dead.

How can anyone view these people as anything but primitive?

You had to have money though, it was risky and many people died and most Blacks wanted to stay so few Free Coloured people went. On top of that many of the people who went were pretty mixed and the racial hierarchy was recreated with the hierarchy going "more white in your blood = better".

the western educated liberians, just like every other western power in europe, tried to educate the stupid masses of tribes, but they were so stubborn and so violent it became impossible.

They did that because they were fucking horrified at how savage they thought the natives were. You can't send educated first worlders to the third world and expect a perfect syndicalist utopia to emerge, it's just not going to happen.

Lol no Catholicism has number but it isn't that huge. HIV took time to get noticed and by then it was too late. Not to mention it has multiple strains and the medicine is expensive as fuck and it can spread to kids and due to the IMF/ World Bank healthcare got gutted in multiple countries that took loans out from them.

It'd be funny to see modern blacks exposed to pure nig nog culture..

Or if they were exposed to New Guinea cultures like the Etoro people who rape their boys from age 7 until they are old enough to kill. Then they have their rape boys kill and rape other tribesmen and take their wives for their own.

The etoro litterally wave their boners at their enemies before they go and kill all the men and rape the women. Primitive societies often do fucked up and stupid things. Not that modern man is wise either.

Blacks aren't inherently stupid.

It's more like tribals are retarded and violent, and they are physically stronger as well as more mentally durable compared to the educated blacks.

And they managed to overpower the educated African-American class in Liberia.