What is enlightenment?

What is enlightenment?

You know how no matter how introspective and self-evaluative you are, there's always a little bit beyond your grasp that you wont admit you find detestable about yourself? Enlightenment is finding that bit, admitting it to yourself, and fixing it.

fuck that, enlightenment is peace in understanding, and accepting what you can`t. not necessarily implying you stop trying

Realizing that there is nothing to realize. Usually this realization is preceded by a long wild goose chase involving trying a million different things to end your suffering and finally you can start living the life you've always dreamed of.

Eventually (hopefully) you will realize that you're going to die, like everything. You'll realize that you're one with the universe, and not in some spiritual new-age way. You'll realize it's just a physical reality. You're part of the universe like the cells are part of your body. The distinction between you and everything else doesn't need to be made. You'll realize many more profound truths on the way, and it will amuse you, and it will be fun to think about. You'll learn a lot, and eventually you'll get back to where you started, and that's enlightenment.

Wew, is there anyone "enlightened" today?

Where did I say to stop trying?

Cats.

Would a stupid man be able to tell you who is and is not truly intelligent? I couldn't possibly know who was enlightened because I am not.

wasn't quoting you brah

probably tons, its not like they start glowing. being enlightened in the buddhist sense is probably a different story, i want to believe that not continuing the cycle of rebirth is not having children for the sake of ending suffering.

personally id like to take it a little further, to truly end suffering you would have to end life entirely, but even then you run the possibility of more life spontaneously erupting from the non-life.

So im thinking, we live so hard we expand and develop our technology so that a gajillion years in the future we can ensure a total end to the existence of everything by some kind of anti-matter vaccuum.

probably impossible to have a total end to everything but meh, we could sort of cheat and just root for the NWO. that way were all robots and effectively dead.

visa vie, concordantly, no suffering

Fat cats, specifically. They have always that thousand yard stare meaning they are actually looking even farther at universe than you could ever do.

No. Only through total understanding of your self could one begin to make sense of anything else by fully accounting for the deficiencies in your reasoning and perception. Your definition is just wishy-washy.

Enlightenment is when you become cognizant of the spooks in your mind and you discard them.

what did you think i meant by understanding ya dingus

true total understanding, understanding the limits of your respectivce capabilities of understanding included

Enlightenment is when you become a spook

The state of being a special snowflake and feeling like you know better than everyone else.

enlightenment is literally a spook

now post more fat cats you shittard

4 u

Oh baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more

Realizing the pristine nature of the mind of clear light.

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

false. there is not one moment where you have pure light and awaken and then lose it with defilement. zen people are retards on this.

Enlightenment means being able to tolerate dumb fuckery like this without losing your shit.