>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xl0ZTnEJcnY&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=feuVBqkWEbk&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to hold hands with FemWarden!

>threadly reminder that Raider is a peacekeeper killer

xth for PC is for the big guys and consoles can't even compete

youtube.com/watch?v=xl0ZTnEJcnY&feature=youtu.be

sorry it took so long
stupid shadowplay and me had to redo it

This is my asshole cat, she likes to get wasted on catnip and spam PK

neat

Repostan
Fastest attack. It will drop him out of the shoulder charge. Only retarded wardens blindly throw point blank bashes

SUMMARY OF TODAY'S DEVSTREAM

>Connectivity
Server-side update this week will further address connectivity issues, in addition to the update from last week
Connectivity is verifiably better than it was 2 weeks ago, but can still be improved; it remains one of Ubisoft's "top priorities"
Conqueror visual glitch will also be addressed with this patch
Ubisoft released an article last week more thoroughly going how NAT works and why you should fix that shit

>Matchmaking
When the game is referring to "relaxing" its matchmaking parameters, those are incorrect right now (e.g. language is no longer used as a parameter); don't pay attention to those right now

>Content releases (philosophy)
Ubisoft is aware of the "it takes 2.5 years to unlock everything" analysis made by fans
Ubisoft never had any intention for players to unlock absolutely everything
Most players only play 1-3 characters, and that's what their design philosophy is based around when it comes to content accessibility
More content is released every week to provide more options to spend their steel on
If they wanted players to be able to unlock everything for everyone, they would've only done a small amount of cosmetics for every character; they chose to provide a lot of items for everyone
They place emphasis on unlocking gameplay first; that's why all the characters unlock all their feats rather quickly
It was a conscious decision to make everything purchaseable by Steel
Most players unlock things just by playing
It doesn't mean they won't change anything; they're always listening to feedback
If you're a completionist, focus on your reputation score
New armors and weapons will be available with the new season

>They forgot to show the fucking elite outfits

Literally the only reason I sat through the godawful gameplay and they couldn't even fucking get that right.

The Sub zero one is sweet

>Matchmaking fairness
Gear is being rebalanced right now
Stats are saying the gear differences are actively impacting matches, which they never intended
Revenge stats are the biggest priorities

>Miscellaneous
Ranked is still being worked on; connectivity and ragequit penalties are a higher priority to address first
The Viking maps are available in custom matches and will be made available on Friday; they encourage playing custom matches so they can gather data on the maps, and if they're satisfied, they'll rerelease the maps
New community order this weekend
This week will release new elite outfits for the heroes

>Rebalancing
Lawbringer, Berserker, Raider are all getting rebalanced
More info will be released when they know for certain what they want to do with them
More balancing info will be released next week
If they had any balance info to release, they would've said so
Devs are denying knowledge of the Centurion and Ninja

Just got my Lawbringer's golden armor. He is complete. Thinking about trying Warden next. What am I in for?

But that's the thing. I've met warden who'd retardly do it, only to insta feint and parry light. Others would just fully charge it up for top heavy. So even if I did bashed him in head he just tanks it and I don't have enough time to dodge so I get top heavied, or parried.

Maybe I'm just really unlucky to always meet top tier players but yeah.

>Content releases (philosophy)
They think its ok to spend a week or two grinding for a single emote or ornament.
>people actually thought they would increase steel amounts
>get flat out told buy steel
My sides. Glad im still afk farming like a 6 prestiges a week and 20k steel.

that means he's making a 1/3 read on you every single time

you're getting outplayed

>But that's the thing. I've met warden who'd retardly do it, only to insta feint and parry light. Others would just fully charge it up for top heavy. So even if I did bashed him in head he just tanks it and I don't have enough time to dodge so I get top heavied, or parried.
yeah over in fighting game land we call those "reads" or "mindgames"

I don't think the grind is too bad, who the hell would want to unlock every single item anyway?

>Ring Mail texture for Warden
holy fuck

literally the most aesthetic shit ever

best paint pattern

I actually accepted that fact long ago. It's just really unfun to always match up against people like these, and people who always insta parry lights (and zones even with glitch).

Skill restriction really hates me, I actually went from 4.0 KDA to 1.5 in manner of 15 days and it's just not stopping there. The Top Tier Train left the station for me and I'm now on a wild ride against people who almost seem robotic in their reactions.

On that note, can we all agree that bot are actually smart and know how to deal with revenge. Like, If it were some players I'm sure all of them would've gone whammy and someone would've hit me then a catapult/fireflask comes down.

Isn't that on all wardens by default?

i love LB and Shugoki in 4s.

>over in fighting game
Can I say I really dislike you guys. Not hate, just dislike. because I'd never be egood as fighta players at all. I actually try to play fighter games time to time, spend hours watching videos, learn how to play 2 character then get my shit kicked in even against hard level ai. Multiplayer is even worse, It's just something I try alot but never got good at. Including RTS. I wish skill system actually worked as intended and always kept me in "Strict Mode".

>because I'd never be good as fighting game players at all
To start winning you need to lose a lot. Any competitive 1v1 game is like that. If you don't enjoy personal growth and putting in time to learn why even play a 1v1 focused game?

Post WebMs. Post Salt. Post Revenge. Don't you die on my dammit!
Post shitty buff/nerf ideas.

That stream was really stupid. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. "upcoming weeks we'll disclose more" is what they said last week. It's just been them playing 1v1/brawl. They didn't even show the elite outfits.

This fucking sucks. I just wanted some news about a patch, I don't even need it to happen this week.

This lack of info is getting to me. I can't fathom why its taking them so long. Maybe its time for a break.

We got more insight into Ubisoft's thought process, for what it's worth.

What if Lawbringer had two different types of Shove, like Conqueror and his Shield Charges.

Regular Shove confirms into Light Riposte, on-block Shove confirms into nothing as normal.

Why does femconq sound so manly? Did they just reuse femwarden's voice for the shield bash and call it a day?

<

dunno if you are in this or the last thread

i recommend spending basically an hour before playing practicing vs bots
lvl 0 to learn your combos
lvl 1 to guard and parry
lvl 2 to just practice
and lvl 3 to git gud

nicu idea

Her shield bash sounds feminine as fuck

I just wish her RAH RAH RAH wasnt manly and forced

this makes me want to play warden

I don't understand why Nobushi blocks so slow

Wouldnt a naginata be really good for blocking with both sides

Senpai, I know that. I've lost enough, but won enough against people worse than me. I actually find it fun if I match up against someone that's superior to me, but not to the point where I feel I'm not in control and just lose in under 25 seconds. I've went through my countless losses in Souls Series and I actually don't care if I lose at all as long as it was a fun duel, but half the time Warden stuff just feels like I should give up fighting against them because same happens with fighters. I cannot react fast enough or as you said previously they are able to "Read" me 100%. Alright not 100% but I feel that bonking them on head doesn't actually provides me a good counter since sooner or later I'd get in their 50/50 thrown to wall and die.

Can we please add in ability to wall stun on regular shove too? As long as they have time to dodge after heavy before next shove hits.

Not me, but I hope that anno heeds your advice!

the only shame is that it's just ANOTHER defensive tool

if crush counter was something like, doesn't bounce off of block and followup side lights are 15 frames, it would be way more fun to use

as it is it's just a parry alternative, but would be a hell of a lot more useful if parrying was nerfed

>tfw shitposter in skys stream
>he always calls his viewers in the beginning
>he's starting to skip me now

Aw

you have to change your grip with a staff

i love fighting competent people, it challenges your ideas of what works and makes you find new ways to play the game

it's not a parry alternative
parry is way easyer
for start, your guard must be on top before you attempt it, while the parry just needs you to move mouse top and press heavy, it does not care about the guard position
also, it does not work vs unblockables

Just Darth Maul that shit

As this user, this is exactly the shit I'm talking about.

Baiting your opponent into baiting his heavy which he was baiting to crush counter you, but you crush counter it instead. This is just too much for me.

15 frames at 30fps/30 frames at 60fps, correction

After fucking around will all the characters in training, I think Beserker is the funnest one. Any tips from any good Beserker mains here? Also, is he considered cheap?

it is

the timing is extremely similar
parrying with a light is much safer
crush counter does 40 dmg, meanwhile a GB only does that much if you get a wall throw
the point about unblockables is fair, but very few characters have top unblockables

if you parry a light you are guarnateed top heavy anyway, it just costs more

and parry is safer, you can feint it, you cant feint top light

I had no clue lawbringer could throw his bombs over ledges like this. Does the camera change views or did he just guess based off icon?

Did that body count as another player even while dead? I know revenge is broken but he literally got hit by 2 heavy attacks and a shove to get revenge.

Berserker is definitely not cheap, one of the harder classes to play, very vulnerable to good defensive players, low on strong options to open. Not bottom tier, but low.
Fantastic damage if you can get through though.

yes, but

1) crush counter gives you the same damage as a parried light faster with less stamina spend

2) feinted parries are vulnerable to GBs or light attacks

i just wish we had more offensive options in this game than defensive ones

Camera doesn't move, he made that looking up from down below. Pretty sweet.

Tips?

*ATTENTION XBROS*
There is now an /fhg/ club on xbox
If you would like to join either look up:
For Honor General Official
OR
add metalkid267 and i will invite you to the club

actually safest option is zone parry

Pretty sure that's just Revenge Gain by Injury in action senpai

I've been in Elims and the guy I'm fighting gets revenge within 20 seconds because I hit them a couple times on top of them blocking a few hits

>playing on console
>30 FPS
>reaction time with delay from my TV and delay from my wireless controller factored in is about 350ms
>can still defend against the faster attacks on reaction, and can parry them if I predict them

What's your excuse?

no it isn't, you're asserting your reaction time is 150ms or less, which is absurd

>as he posts a webm of himself missing one
also
>my reaction time is x
>i can parry if i predict x
prediction and reacting are two different things

here Revenge gain by Injury desu.

You go, metalkid267

>just spent all my 10k steel gearing up 2 characters I dont play
idk why but I just dont give a shit about steel

honestly why do I even need this shit

Fuck they really do want this game to die don't they?

Man, I wanna play Zerker just for that ornament.

i wish you could buy the left panel cosmetics that unlock with levels

Where do you send those in desu

I love everything about this except their idea about using Steel as the catchall currency for cosmetics and stuff.
If they're gonna make a super-inflated-buy-nothing-with-it currency, at least let us exchange it for a terrible rate.
They should just come out about Centurion and Ninja though. It's not exactly a well kept secret.

I'm standing by Ubi with this one honestly. The game probably wouldn't be around right now if the content was super easy to access. I
t also rewards people for being dedicated to their main by having the exotic gear they get feel unique.

guaranteed hits and overpowered character design = reads and outplayed lol fighting game players literally have no idea what they're talking about.

Can someone explain to me this Conq is OP meme?

>all attacks are parry bait
>Shield bash can he dodged by anyone with half a brain
>GB + heavy doesn't kill at 1 bar as opposed to literally everyone else
>Charge heavy? lol more parry bait

you're right, let's make every attack blockable and parryable on reaction

oh wait that's why the game is dying currently and tournies are just unblockable spam lmao

too tired to type it all
watch for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=feuVBqkWEbk&

How the fuck is a flail parryable?

My reaction time is consistently around 250 to 270 without the delay from my shitty TV. I am decidedly average.

I GB'd into him because I expected him to feint a heavy. He zoned into me. I literally had no choice but to eat it because he called me out on my shit.

Even when you predict something, reaction time matters. Just because you know somethings coming doesn't mean you can react in time to that thing. What, you don't think I meant predict as in throwing out a heavy before you even have time to react to an indicator, did you?

Wrong webm, if it even matters. This one is also a pretty easy parry. Ought to rename this trash.

>people still getting furious at the vortex and not just rolling away
how have they not learned

how is the flail even real nigga haha
just put a ball on a rope haha
just not use a real weapon haha

conq's shieldbash is very hard to punish unless he keeps doing raw dashes and/or you have slow lights

that's it

warden zone is 500ms, do the math yourself

The grab is cheesy as fuck but honestly if they're in that hp range and they miss it they're fucked.
Unless they grab you and throw you on a wall its an all-or-nothing move.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happens in Dark Fucking Souls and people still play it for PvP.

The game should be kept simple as possible, without adding in 5x kind of mixups for each classes.

>Have Reaction time of 240-260.
>Can't react to Orochi zone attack for shit.
>Have trouble blocking lights.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

>that means he's making a 1/3 read on you every single time
>you're getting outplayed

>Fighting a warden who only can charge and bayblade his way around is a guessing game everytime
>But it's hard for the warden too, he have to guess as well!

No he do not fucktards, Warden hold the initiative, he's the one who decide how the dance is going to be, he doesn't have to guess jackshit especially since he have THREE options to pick from, options that the only thing you can do is react and if you GUESS wrong you're getting the end of the stick, that's what's fucked with him.

In absolutely no way should a guessing-game yeld so much reward for a character in a fighting game.

all of those orochi attacks are slow as fuck, which is why good orochis only use top light and zone (which he did neither of)

What Knight duo is the best for teamwork?

the difference in dark souls is that parries are predictive and not reactive except against extremely slow hits

and no, they don't, das1 has a better pvp scene and that game was busted as fuck

wrong

the warden has to guess what you're going to do, not the other way around

you can dodge, press an attack, or tech the GB, each of which has a 2/3 chance of working

>Uses Conq's ZA
What the fuck
Why

see
Two similarly named files. Threw up the wrong one. Yeah, all those Orochi parries were easy as sin.

Nobushi's side lights are what, 500ms?

Dunno exactly what you are trying to show here, I admit I just saw the first match but that Warden pretty much let Conq set the pace all match and only tried throwing random shoulder bashes which he gets punished for

>Haven't played Warden since closed beta
>Keep fucking up his OH counter timings
When do you actually press this stupid button?

So, no mention of anything important regarding the game itself at all?

It's a bit after the standard parry timing, I think. Only a moment after, though.

>all those guard cancels
>able to cancel heavies, lights, and even dodges by the looks of it.
Holy crap. I thought Conq being OP was just a meme

Switching from Lawman to Warden. What am I in for?

Lawbringer X anyone honestly. A good law will always keep enemy on flips while you top heavy heavy them to death. Pk can bleed them to death and Conq can provide as even more defense game. See Only because of BS Meta. DS2 has best PvP scene Barring Hexes, and few broken shit

Actually killing people in exchange for having style.

Explains why I keep trading then
Having a KD above .3

So I'm fucking sick of Conq. He's shit and has nothing going for him. I need something to main that doesn't live at the bottom of the tier list.

Depends on what you call important.
Another server-side patch this week to further improve connectivity seems important.
The Viking maps being almost ready to return to matchmaking sounds important.
Gear and character balance happening internally seems important, too.

>The game probably wouldn't be around right now if the content was super easy to access.
Pretty sure most people quit because of this though.
>spend 8hours beating story mode
>get 5k steel
>can barley buy one emote
>spend a week playing pvp
>half the matches give error and boot you
>one character is just about to hit prestige
>there are 30 prestige levels
>need to be prestige 3 and spend atleast 20k steel to even compete in 4s vs i108
The devs themselves said they thought of this game like a MOBA or MMO. People don't want to spend months to pimp out one character. They paid $60 and 99% of the content is behind a massive grind. If you are a person who bought the game give up on the idea of ever buying DLC.

you mean crush counter? it's more or less the same as a parry, but subject to guard switch directions unlike parries

>spin in neutral and wait for someone to press a button souls
even worse than das3 and fh combined desu

He's right though.

Conq has like 0 offensive tools. Making him be able to grapple or something, or just not be as punished from being parried, would be really good for him and also fit the """flail""" idea.

he can't cancel anything, and the light shield bash has to be cancelled from a dodge

Echoing that Sub-Zero is pretty goddamn cool.

>at least 20K steel to compete in 4v4s

What?