Modifying cars to sleep in

Is there a way to modify, say, a 2015+ Mustang so that a 6'0"+ person could lay down relatively flat?

I know that some cars have the ability to fully recline the seats (in some cases, the raised backseat in coupes prevents this), but would there be a way to remove a seat and set up a relatively-flat platform in the car?

tl;dr RWD sub-3800lbs sports cars that a tall person could lay down in

bump

Yes, first step is to not take out loans on vehicles you can't afford and thus have to sleep in.

Short naps and such.

So, any useful info?

The car you're looking for is a truck. Otherwise just buy a tent you fucking mongol.

Back in the day I could lay down in my 240sx hatch diagonally, good luck finding one in decent shape now days though...

For short naps just live with laying down. I do that in my 89 5.0.

Can it drive the mountain passes well? You could be helpful instead of retarded, user.
Thank you for this useful advice. Will consider.
So you can lay down in a foxbody? The seats recline that well?

That retard here, in all honesty get a Golf R if you're set on mountain driving and want to sleep in it. Or like I said, buy a fucking tent.

Golf R? Thank you. See, that is a useful recommendation, especially after I explained that the goal would be to nap in it, not live in.

Isn't it fun being helpful instead of angrily retarded for no reason?

Why not nap at home? Or learn how to nap sitting upright.

Good question. I have tried napping while sitting up, but it doesn't work for me and my neck ends up hurting, nor am I able to fall asleep.

Napping in my current car (seats recline all the way) is useful for when I get tired while driving and need to pull off safely somewhere instead of swerving and crashing.

I ask for cars now because that is my future preference in this sorta thing.

Not nearly as fun, and the truck was a legit suggestion since you didn't specify mountain driving. Most of them are pretty quick now.

My apologies then. So you're suggesting a truck, not the Golf R then?

Sleep in the house you dumb fuck

Golf R definitely if you want something sporty.

+1 for hatchbacks. I could go camping in my s12

Nice dub-dubs. Let me know how one can teleport their house to follow them while driving somewhere and I will consider it.
Much appreciated, will look into!

sleep in the hostel

Do you have narcolepsy op? I can't recall ever having to pull off and sleep and I've driven 14 hours at a time.

Can't go wrong with hatchbacks it seems.
No, it's just sometimes familiar roads and other conditions make me tired. I just think its safer to pull over, nap, then be refreshed and continue driving.

Wish I didn't have to, but its hard to predict when it happens, except for familiar roads. Never happens while doing a mountain pass or driving against someone though.

bumpu

Rwd options to sleep in are limited.

Brick volvos and pick-ups come to mind.
I've spent a lot of nights in a 240 wagon, lived out of a 760 for 3 months or so.

I typoed, I just recline because my seat is busted and goes SUUUUPER far back. I probably could lay down with the rear seats down and both front seats folded forward.

Good thought!
I see. I'm tempted to go onto some Mustang forums and asking anyone if they've modified the 2015+ models to be able to do this.

Good to know the Foxbody can do this.

What makes it easy is the liftback. I can climb in from the trunk. I sleep more in my short cab ranger though, and I'm practically upright in that. Just gotta be able to fall asleep in a mostly sitting position. I lean diagonally against the B-pillar.

How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking.

6'3, slightly more legs than torso. It's not pretty but it works, just.

Find something with folding rear seats and carry a blanket for lying on. Worst case you have to pull the front seat backwards and fold down the backrest on it as well to extend the sleeping surface further.

I see, same height as me then.
I tried the folding rear seats in a new mustang and it wasn't long enough. I'm tempted to try a back seat delete to see if the front seats actually do recline far enough, but it seems like the back seats are blocking it from reclining all the way.

How does it feel to be King of the manlets?

they look up to me :^)