Back in my day cars were______________________

Veeky Forums complete this sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/01/top-10-best-american-sports-cars-of-the-80s.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Made of metal. Just like lunchboxes.

was gonna post this one. fuck plastic/fiberglass.

our friends

What's wrong with plastic body panels? They're objectively fantastic.
>don't rust
>dents can be pulled without having to repaint (some plastic bumpers, depends on dent as well)
>light as all fuck

Built for the average Joe to fix on the weekends

smaller.

...didnt have none of this fancy electronic nonsense. That's why I let my 2007 corolla warm up for 15 minutes

Pushrod

Death traps where every wreck was an insta-kill or cripple.

Available with popup headlights.

Broken, dad only bought german

Full frames

cool looking

Easy to work on.

...meme-free.

back in my day cars were shit

>lambo countach being on every male child's wall
>DeLorean and General Lee builders
>every other action movie or TV show making a certain car popular
>Rat Fink and rat rods in general
>airbrushed vans
Memes were around before the internet you fucking child.

Touchy motherfucker huh?

I was molested.

Im so sorry dear

I hate people who think "meme" is a recent invention or associate it with those goddamn facebook videos or normalfag shit like that. It has a proper definition and it's not "text overlaid on an image."

the same ones I drive now.

Were using the internal combustion engine

Lmao!!

Better looking.

That's definitely true tasteful user

Used to get to the gay leather club down the street after gym day

Shit. Modern cars are better in every way.

this is my "day" though

Made of shit and ran like it too

>Falling for the new car jew

Weren't loaded with a bunch of superfluous or unnecessary features that do nothing but drive the price point up and introduce additional points of failure.

There's always the base model, but then you'll get accused of being poor

fixable.

No. Cars peaked around 2004-2006. Thats around the time when makers went full fucking Orwell and started making everything electronic. Not just some panels and sensors, everything. Every car made past that can be hacked and used to murder you. Do modern car automatic shifters even physically connect to the transmissions anymore?

Even the base model of most "nicer" cars now include a bunch of stupid bullshit that I don't want OR need. Most of the time to get the larger engine or some other mechanical aspect you need to get the higher trim, which includes an immense amount of extra crap.

It's just unnecessary. Cramming a bunch of useless crap like vacuum operated locks and automatic climate control into is what has made my '84 380SL such a pain in the ass, and the trend has just gotten worse with every passing year.

still driving on the ground with gasoline engines.

Built by white Americans. Then the goddamn niggers took over Detroit. Go there now, noone is working, nobody builds cars. Just a bunch of goddamn porch monkeys living for free in the city that was once the Paris of the Midwest

I'd like to thank autism speaks for coming out today.

older

This absolutely.
You can't get them how you want them anymore.
Sure you can "build and price" but you're just following their list of options within a given model.
I want to see a manual window, radio delete Focus ST...and dump all the rest of the sensor crap as well.

Back in my day cars were...

-Running in 6V everywhere, from frontlight to... rear light. (actually back in the day we only used electricity for the lights, no fancy shit)

-A privilege, not every nigger could afford a shitbox to move to work. There was plenty of space on the roads and we never invented the word traffic jam.

-Built to last, at least we would think to change the car after 10 or 20 years of daily use.

-Drinking a fuel called "super" how cool is that.

-made in the country where i live. And in other country, they also made their own cars. How genious is that for the economy?

-You could adjust almost any pannel of the body with , a hammer. try doing that on a BASF plastic shit modern car.

-having fancy colours, today normies get grey white or black cars, car enthousiasts red cars and... that's it. Where are the nice paintjob done?

-Chrome was not a paint airbrushed on a plastic bumper. It was a real solid work and kept looking good for decades.

-way more lighter, we could climb anywhere in winter with thin tires even with heavy snow.

-you could start the engine by rotating it with a removable bar of metal on the front with your own hands.

-by the night, everything turned yellow on the streets, comfy af.

don't call nostalgia on me, but i think our grandfathers had it better back in the day.

Agreed. Old fag here. I was there driving those pieces of shit in the 80's. Absolute shit. Take a look at the hp in this article. And laugh.

autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/01/top-10-best-american-sports-cars-of-the-80s.html

Objectively yes
But did you ever touch a BMW i3
It feels like touching a toy car

>Cars peaked around 2004-2006.

Shittily made, slow and un-reliable death traps that were made "easy to work on" because you had to, often, or else it would never work.

Calm down there sport

>Cars peaked around 2004-2006.
the same person that believes this
>Do modern car automatic shifters even physically connect to the transmissions anymore?
is exactly this stupid

horses

ready to kill you at the slightest impact.

Simple. Fun. Durable.

1994 was the peak