Europoor here. everyone here keeps memeing about bmw being insanely unreliable. but here in naziland...

europoor here. everyone here keeps memeing about bmw being insanely unreliable. but here in naziland, diesel bmw's are considered to be goat autobahn commuters. petrol engines are rarely bought, but all the 530d you see for sale have done 200-400kkm, e39 530d are not rare to be seen with 500k miles on them. having owned 2 530d (e39, e60), and a 535d (f10), i still dont get the unreliability meme.

*500kkm , not miles ffs

They are reliable just expensive as fuck to repair and maintain

Not OP but this one is even more of a meme to me. Ever heard of a junkyard?

You would be an idiot to believe that more than 10% of Veeky Forums actually works on their cars

Gee I wonder where those are made it wouldn't be Germany which is the country that makes them instead of some other place.

European cars only give you a small margin of error when maintaining it. Many Americans buy things and don't take care of them. My aunt bought a 2014 corolla new and she let's the engine go 5-8k miles past the oil change every time, it's perfect for her.

exactly. they're plentiful and parts are reasonably priced. you can get a 3.0d engine for no more than 100 eurodollaridos.

Also this is an American website of course Americans will bitch about a foreign car being unreliable compared to the other cars that probably don't need as much maintenance or have electronics fucking everywhere.
This too

*teleports behind you*
psshhhhht kid..... nothing perssonel

Is it true they're bringing the 530d to the states?

i thought they were only bringing the 535d?530d are 1999+. no one's talking about the golden era. 300td is great, but so painfully slow.

>OM606
>produced 1993 - 2001
checkmate atheists ;)

I honestly don't know and was just asking about something I thought I read recently.

>w124
the version that was famous for its reliability had no turbo. and driving that 134hp is a torture. sounds quite shit as well. a bulletproof engine though.

the 535d is a great car though. the mpgs are fantastic considering it delivers 300hp. its a blast to drive for a dd. makes you forgive diesel all of its sins.

>american website
yeah about that.

With the retarded forced maintenance and Nazi like inspections you guys are forced to do your shit better reliable.

>the version that was famous for its reliability had no turbo
The turbo model was also bulletproof.

>diesel

just kill yourself bro

>not wanting diesel
>m550d
>4.5sec 0-100
>380hp
>avg 6l/100km
ill take that. whats the point of the m5?

not quite as much as the na one. its still a great engine,but its a shame that it was fitted to a car (w210) that would rust away in a heartbeat.

>corvette
>600hp
>40mpg

What's the point of diesel again?

>THREE
>FUCKING
>TURBOS

W124 was the last "real" merc that was made imo

YES.the new one is getting four
will corvette with those 600hp do 300kkm autobahn miles? also whats the price difference between a corvette and the m550d?

Why the fuck you niggas comparing a luxury sedan to a fucking Corvette?
baka

disagree. i dont really like you 'real merc' or 'real bmw' fans. yes, contemporary mercs are a lot less reliable, but god damn they are impressive and so comfy. its much more of a luxury then it ever was. however,i like modern cars in general,so its just my two cents
>inb4 im on a hunt for a e28 project car before muh new cars suck shills kick in

>i dont really like you 'real merc' or 'real bmw' fans
I don't consider myself fanboy of any car tee bee hhhhh

>what's the price difference between a corvette and m550d
literally none
>corvette
>40mpg
Suure

Aren't some cities banning diesel? I know it's only about driving on the city center but still.

Older diesels, yes. Modern ones are fine because they supposedly meet modern standards.

You made one HUGE mistake.
You took things posted on Veeky Forums serious. The average poster her is a amerinigger who has no car or a shitbox-Ford. These people will never ever have enough money to buy a nice new BMW so they shit on people who can. That's life