On a scale of 1 to France how fucked am I?

On a scale of 1 to France how fucked am I?
W123 300D. I was young and naive when I bought it. Literally no other issues with the car, except that the cruise control stopped working.

Noticed it when the battery collapsed through what was left of the tray. I also noticed I was a bit out of alignment.

So far I've been told I need to cut a piece out of a donor car to weld in its place or just give up.

I really don't want to throw in the towel with this one. The car means a lot to me and everything else on it it is in mint condition.

additional pics below

shit's right fucked m8

As you've already said, you might be able to save it if you weld in parts from a donor car, but otherwise that shit looks terminal.

>On a scale of 1 to France how fucked am I?
Germany right after WWII.

I figured as much. I'm just too stubborn to admit it.
It's probably been like this for ages now. I think it finally broke loose last week when I had to slam on my brakes hard. Some asshat brake checked me insurance fraud style and I had to lock em up. Been making horrific noises ever since.

>rotten battery tray
>terminal

Either good pun or what the fuck? That's a relatively easy repair. If you have a welder and angle grinder you can DIY. If not take it to a buddy/shop that does.

Actually your car is totally trashed, worthless, I'll take it off your hands for free maybe if I'm feeling nice :)

that one lock nut and bolt looks good. fab up a little tray and attach it there you'll b fine

Naah nigga. If I can't fix it I'll keep it. Engine still runs strong and the interior is near perfect except the driver's seat. I'll find something to throw it into.

What I'm saying is that's not just rust, it's full on rot. If it looks like that in places, it's almost certainly gonna be seriously bad in others. Any rust can be repaired if you throw enough money at it, it's just whether it's worth the time or money.

Well its likely from the previous owners poor battery maintenance. Looks like someone overfilled their batteries and they just boiled over and fucked everything. The rot is luckily only in that one spot, but that seems to be enough to have just royally fucked me.

I've seen way worse, that's doable if you know how to weld

That's the issue... I kinda don't. Don't have any of the tools either.

Well, if you have a garage and some money at least, now's a good opportunity to learn.

Looking quite Indiana steel industry there.

It's just a battery tray, they rust out all the time from acid spilling, cut it out and put a new one in.

Look again. Its more than the battery tray. I not concerned about that.

I wouldn't worry too much, my accord is so rusty the sway bar broke off in a turn, the fuel lines started leaking from rust and the brake lines snapped, just replace it, make it work, rig it up, keep on truckin

reported

Looks like a Mazda