Flowers edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BpFXSTxL!QqEz4aF67RcrVIrca-WIzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feet Enchantress or Tay Enchantress.
Who wins?

First for Liberty

Third for close victories.

Beastmen giant is best giant.

Think I'll give the faction unlocker a miss...

Sixth for holy shit greenskin early game sucks.

End result of the river battle outside augsburg

all cav kills are from chasing down routers

I AM FRANZ

They will obey

It's why Skarsnik is better. His early game can be FUN. You know, after you conquer Karak Norn.

Foespike lands in a bloodbath

should have been a ghorgon t b h

Does Fall of the Eagles change anything in Age of Charlemagne?

>ca in charge of rivers

its unchivalrous to force them to compete with one another

FUCKING STEALING MY SHITPOSTS TO REPOST THEM ON REDDIT

IF YOU GET A REPLY FROM GRACE I WILL UTTERLY LOSE MY SHIT

HE SHEDS BUT HE SAVES

AND HE SAVES MORE THAN HE SHEDS

BUT HE SHEDS

There's some fucker in this thread that does this all the time
Same thing happened with the fake trailer shitpost

who?

when did you post this?

I'm convinced every general on Veeky Forums is plagued by lurking redditors

Speaking of the provinces, are the comparisons Veeky Forums gives them to the >H>R>E accurate?

Middenland: Prussia
Reikland: Austria
Averland: Bavaria
Hochland: Baden/Wurtemmburg
Nordland: Mecklenburg
Ostermark: Poland
Ostland: Saxony
Stirland: Bohemia/Hungary
Talabecland: Franconia/Hesse/Hanover
Wissenland: Switzerland
Nuln: Nuremburg

did I miss sthg? where the fuck are these swiftposters coming from?

all around me are familiar faces...

It happens to every general. A few pictures that /mbg/ made were posted almost immediately to Reddit, and TW talked about the "funny pictures" they found on Reddit a few days later.

The new engine they brought in with Empire: Total War (Warscape, as it is called) is incredibly flawed. It was designed for musket battles and artillery, hence why the projectiles and missiles work very well. However the Warscape engine was not designed for melee combat, and 'kill moves' (set piece animations done by stuntmen) were introduced as the SOLE way of soldiers attacking, meaning that once a 'kill move' starts it cannot be interrupted, vastly limiting the amount of scenarios that are possible; in earlier total wars 'Rome I' and 'Medieval II'' the engine they used (I don't think it really has a name) allowed for lots more variables. For instance, soldiers could be knocked down and then get up and soldiers could also interrupt attacks. On top of this, units could both attack another (1 unit) at the same time. This is a major issue, in later Total War games it is theoretically possible for a single peasant to be surrounded by hundreds of enemies and yet (if he keeps getting lucky and kills them) tie them up (occupy their 'attention') for a battle deciding length of time, due to the fact that only one soldier can attack him at once meaning that all the soldiers stand there and do nothing whilst one soldier engages. In Rome I, if a unit was surrounded it would die much quicker as all units within striking distance could all attack at once. This may not sound like that big of a deal but in practice, it looks stupid and totally kills emersion. Also, kill moves (from a spectacle point of view) dramatically worsens the melee combat; There is a fixed number of 'kill moves' to view, after a few battles you'll have seen all of them and they become boring. Because of the kill moves soldiers also slide around (without the 'walk' animation) trying to get into position to start the kill moves, making it look like the floors are too slippery or something.

"Alright everyone, single-file just like we practiced!"

>riverbanks.mesh is still bugged and can't use it to create neato river , because it causes map corruption upon exporting

I really like TWW Terry tool but come on, having to reload mapy everytime I alter the height because pre-rendered grass still appears where it used to be is annoying enough.

Trully suffering.

Would the world have been better if Charlemagne was a pagan?

In Warscape games there is no unit collision, only an illusion. In Rome II the units do not push and shove at each other like they did in the original, only statically poke each other with their swords in animations that lack any vigour. In Rome I when units charged they would all surge into the enemy unit visibly pushing into it, forcing it back, bending the main battle line. In Warscape games all they do is stop the units from colliding artificially: when a unit charges another the first rank starts fighting but the rest just all stop dead in perfect synchronisation, giving the impression you're commanding robots rather than actual people. In Rome I, each individual soldier reacted at a different speed to an order giving the battlefield a much more lifelike feel.

A lot of the deep flaws come from the engine and bad design decisions like removing guard mode and streamlining the campaign. In Rome I you had this almost RPG-like way of building up cities from tiny villages into massive metropolises (in my opinion) this was a better system, why can't a small town become large if you wish to invest time and effort into it, and different provinces (cities) still had value due to base farming and trade resources (that weren't as valued as they are in the recent TW's but still were useful). They also removed 'loose formation' from Rome II (as far as I know) from a lot of the units which is absurd if you ask me.

In Rome, marching is realistic.
In Rome 2, it looks like soldiers are on roller blades.

And don't get me started on the foggy, brownbloom, post-processing, filters out of the ass puke graphics.

do any of you lads run attila comfortably on not Xtreme expensive PCs?
currently running a toaster I bought a few years ago and building a new one now, pretty much solely play TW so I'm using Attila as a sort of litmus test
I know it's poorly optimized and runs like shit on good rigs anyway though

I made a shitty image back at because I found that little blurb in the WHFRP Bretonnia source book. Encapsulated with a slight bit of screeching, thought it was funny, and moved on.

I wouldn't care, but if Grace comments on that thread, I'll be heartbroken at missing my chance.

>some fag used user's image to get Grace's attention
Oh, the horror.

maybe you posted it yourself for attention hmm

Hmm

I've been trying to avoid using elves at all as Durthu but maybe I have to make a change here? My guys are not doing very well against chaos.

Yes.

Hopefully someone gets the reference. I laughed my tits off.

THAT'S AS MANY AS 40 HUNDREDS.
AND THAT'S HEATHEN.

what a queer, I hope he reads this and knows I've called him a queer

on a side note Grace is anything but graceful and is in fact an ugly hoor

Stop playing fantasy

Ha ha, what a funny Reddit image! I love Reddit's creativity!

>greenskinz
>skarsnik

Get a load o dez gits not playin DA GREAR GREEN PROHPET an spreadin da SAVAGE WAAAAAGHHHH!

Gonna complain about mass next?

Actually playin bret right now even on ultra a card is only 8. Seems like a reasonable number.

Yeah the point of my first post was that it was a whiny over the top thing to bitch about.

Wait Grace responded to my thread?

Meant to reply to the guy you were replying to opps oh well.

Post the shogun 2 rollchart

Do spell kills not get tallied properly on the post battle screen? Gelt is consistently showing 0 but I know that's not right.

There's two. I'll post both.

BY THE LADY

Hundred years war mod lad, did you finish uploading the mod to Mega?

>redditors stealing memes again for upbotes

>completely btfo enemy spears in melee
>as they rout all of the enemy skrimishers no longer have to worry about ff
>they all simultaneously open fire on my armored swords
>literally evaporate them in seconds

I'm pretty fucking triggered right now

Thanks. The first one looks really good.

How do you prioritize these?
>Devastating Charge
>Deadly Blade
>Thick-skinned
>Hard to Hit
I've been grabbing thick-skinned first because I think it makes you more survivable during auto resolve and I noticed characters and giants take a beating during those.

It's not my work, I found them posted in the thread and saved them.

And yeah, the first one is real pretty. I like the second one for more of a random scatter shot.

I typically go for whatever is worse out of melee attack/melee defence, unless the character is a missile magnet like kholek/durthu

Is that a necro that doesn't look like shit?

Goblin Dabbing

go peasants go!

P E A S A N T R Y

>should we move the trebuchets?
>I think this is fine

no peasants no!

>mad direwolf .357
>da gyrobomb
>lore of death sauce with liquid waaaagggh

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING Peasants will be a superpower by 2020, you'll see

>peasants thinking they would have a stable society without noblety

>mfw

feels edition when?

When you post a real pic and not a thumbnail

Thick skinned, Hard to hit, Deadly blade, and charge in that order. Most leaders already start with a pretty high melee attack so I focus on keeping them standing as long as possible to help maintain discipline longer and keep them in the fight. Deadly blade only if I feel like I'm struggling against enemy lords, and charge never, there are almost always better choices.

>:(

My external HDD with all my whole Veeky Forums-folder stopped working sometime last fall. I've been trying to rebuild since.

Any recommendations for recovery software?

When is a good time to Confederate? Turn 30 as White Dwarf, I can confed Zhufbar already.

Won the Westphalian campaign, here is a quick look at my territory - eastphalia and the danes are both my vassals, with the other pagan factions as military allies

Heres how the saxons play

>form a shield wall
>throw javelins at enemy cav

Saxon cavalry can do very well if they get their javelins off, especially if the enemy is in diamond/wedge formation. Frankish armies that bring 6-8 units of horsemen get absolutely shat on by any kind of skirmishers (I used levy skirmishers in every battle for this campaign). Seax warriors are great main line units due to their bonus vs infanty and ap damage, but its lame how they upgrade into armored swords instead of armored seax warriors.

How is one supposed to beat the Wood Elves in a straight fight? No amount of cavalry on gods green earth can catch their archers who ride cavalry and fire with godlike accuracy, no front line can hold against them long enough for your Hammer to strike because they're already dead because they got shot and I'm about 90% sure that wherever you fight Wood Elves, they get some advantage in map selection that picks maps that are majority forest. I hate Wood Elves so god damn much. I fought an Army in Ostland and the map was an Athel Loren one with fancy blue moon runes and gargantuan trees with neat handy dandy cliff faces for the Wood Elves and only the Wood Elves. Fuck them.

Now look at this net, that I just found!

If you can deal with the public order hit you should just do it.

Did, then reloaded because they are being assfucked by Manny+another army and its impossible to hold. Feels like anytime I confed, its just because that faction was getting fucked so hard.

>Feels like anytime I confed, its just because that faction was getting fucked so hard.
That's how it works, you know.

Is that the Celestial wizard?

Is there a mod in the vein of Empire Total Factions for Total Warhammer? I'm mostly concerned about playing the unplayable factions, especially Karak Norn or Wissenland.

Is there a mod to give Bretonnians bombards, but with worse stats than the Empire variants?

I almost never confederate Zhufbar for that exact reason. Let them take the hits from the Vamps, up to getting wiped out, until I'm ready to deal with Mannlett once the orcs are somewhat contained.

They're flammable, allegedly. That only really applies to fighting them as dwarfs though.

Yeah, confederation Zhuf is maybe best left for when you're planning to start fighting zangunnaz anyways.

I don't have much but here you go.
mega.nz/#F!BpFXSTxL!QqEz4aF67RcrVIrca-WIzw

>Will you yield the city?
>Before I lose it I will burn it to the ground
>You will destroy it?
>Every stone, and every Dawi you kill will take three of you with him
>You will destroy your army here and never raise another, I swear by Grungni that to take this city will be the end of you

RIGHT
THE
WRONG

What if the book of grudges fell on the highkings foot and that act had to be put in the book of grudges? How would the dawi avenge such a transgression?

There would be a Grudge against whoever dropped it.

nice

Declare a grudge against air itself for not stopping the book.

Karl is not my Emperor!

You questioning the methods of the Book of grudges is going in the Book of Grudges.

>ded sno niggahs
>ded stunties

An nuthin o' value waz lost

W E S S E X
E
S
S
E
X

I think one of Thorgim's big policies was to cool it on new petty Grudges till we get some old ones out of the way,

The background settlements always look more interesting to explore and defend than the actual settlements you get. It's retarded that the Dwarfs have to defend some tiny outer wall rather than being able to hunker down in this beastly citadel.