How many of these did you put into your car?

>See thumbnail in catalog
>Assume these are Nixies
>Click
>See LEDs

I am disappoint.

And I have not added any LED that was not stock.

here, have some nixies to soothe your autism

I have rear foglights and replaced them with 2400 lumens.

Thanks, dawg, that really calms me down.

I now want a dashboard made with nixie tubes. imagine watching the speedometer climb with those, hnngg

I have a set for gauge lights and turn signals on my motorcycles, I have none in my cars, save for halo rings on my 540i

So what are the best type of lights to put into a car when upgrading? I've got stock lights they're a bit dull.

>Do you need slightly-brighter interior lights
>Are you worried about the OE bulbs draining your battery?

Yeah, didn't think so. Just normal replacement bulbs.

For what application? Headlights? Dash lights? Dome light?

I probably should've specified head lights/tail lights. Interior stuff is fine.

Fuck why doesn't that exist?

Just get stock replacement bulbs.

>Headlights have a cutoff so they can only project at a certain angle, limiting your vision no matter what bulbs you have.
>Brighter bulbs than stock are dangerous and can make it more likely that oncoming traffic may lose vision and crash into you.

If your headlights are plastic and foggy / faded then:
1. . (Optional) Wet-sand the headlight housings in a sink with increasing grits until 2000.
2. . Rub the fuck out of them with plastic polish (pic related).

For the best performing headlights, retrofit some HID projectors. For most common vehicles you can buy complete assemblies that directly replace your headlights, or you can buy aftermarket projectors and chop up your stock headlights to fit them. DO NOT put the wrong type of bulb in your stock reflector.

What kind of car do you have where you're worried about the tail lights? There's safety standards for tail lights and as long as the lights are legal then they should be bright enough.

Nixie lights are fucking expensive and aren't widely manufactured, or at all any more.

The plastics are ok, it's just the bulbs themselves. There are a lot of kangaroos around where I live and driving to and from work you tend to catch them a lot on the side of the road. I'm finding that they're dull and don't catch them overly well.

I can essentially get a replacement HID set (front/rear) for around $1k. I figure I'd have to check the make sure any retrofit set wouldn't try and pull too much power. I'm not overly worried about the tail lights, I'd just like to do the front and rear at the same time to keep them both new. The tail lights definitely aren't a necessity.

Pretty sure the last plant in Russia was shut down, so they will skyrocket in price soon.

Shit, better hold on to the two dozen I bought in a random box of electronics

most cars use 55/60W halogen bulbs. HIDs are generally 35W. Powering them shouldn't be an issue.

Four UV LEDs in FJ40 instrument panel. Original lighting was too dim. Had to go over gauge markings with fluorescent paint. Camera makes lighting look bluer than it is.

Also replaced hi-beam bulb with blue LED.

Two above the license plate housing.

My first and only mod.

>DO U WANT PRAY GAME

Nifty.

>my Veloster is now more of a meme than it already was to start with

t-thanks?

a lot

That's pretty cool.

Headlights
Interior lights
License plate light
Trunk light

All LEDz dog

>Four UV LEDs in FJ40 instrument panel.
UV contributes to cloudiness and cataract formation in eye lenses though.

>How many of these did you put into your car?
None. At first I was going to, but the manufacturer already used LED in some exterior and interior lights and chose not to in others for appearance or physical warmth in case of cold climates.

My car's interior has adjustable modes of lighting effects and one is theatre lighting mode where the lights very quickly dim when coming on and gradually dim when going off. I've decided that I rather like the warmth of the incandescent lights.

>turn on lights at night
>interior looks like a scene from Dexter

that would be cool

Well uh...

Thats what I did.
Three uv leds and fluorescent paint, and some blue leds for the indicators.

2. . Rub the fuck out of them with plastic polish (pic related).
Best way to use this product?
I have the exact same product and it does shit. Should i combine wetsand with this shit? or should i shell out for a buffer.

Four - dome lights and glove box.

I bought that Wipe New as seen on TV thing and it included a very high grit sandpaper-on-foam square with instructions to wet-sand the headlight before you begin, to remove the oxidation. When there's no more brown runoff, that means you got it all. After wet-sanding the headlight is even cloudier than before, but it's not yellow anymore.
Then you apply the Wipe New (which is a moist towel enclosed in a foil bag with instructions to use in a well-ventilated area, with gloves, and keep away from your face) and let it dry. The Wipe New filled in the scratches from wet sanding and made it transparent and shiny again. I haven't tried plastic polish because that infomercial shit is, surprisingly, still holding up.

Speaking of meme cars
>16 year old girl at work was telling me about how she was getting her license soon
>says she wants a veloster turbo as her first car
>snicker internally a little at this, but really not the worst option
>tell her she should get the stick version
>isn't stick hard, user
>nah its just more fun it takes about a half hour to get decent on it.

if you aren't preaching the way of the standard trans to all who will listen you are contributing to the extinction

1 bar with 25 x 10w LEDs
2 lamps on the rear, 24 x 2w LEDs
1 bulb on the interior roof, 3 x dunnowatt LEDs

>cloudiness and cataract formation in eye lenses

I'll be blind from the fapping long before then.