Can someone explain how this is possible?

>2.5L I4 stroker engine
>no forced induction
>330WHP (so ~370 crank HP assuming very minimal drivetrain loss)

Ethanol blend or not, this car has a higher specific output than any NA production car by a significant margin. Ultra high-end NA supercar engines like the 918 Spyder/458 Speciale/F12tdf/GT3 RS around between 120 to 130 HP/L while this is closer to 150. What's more, it's an I4. I thought these were very unbalanced engines, which is why "performance" I4's are usually only 2L as oppose to 2.4+. Why isn't this engine shaking itself apart at high revs?

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a32616/this-330-whp-honda-civic-is-all-motor/

Honda actually knows how to make engines

If only they stopped sucking cocks and made a v8

because honda is the king of the 4cylinder.
this is a blue board

Honda makes VERY good NA 4 cylinders and this one has had pretty much everything thrown at it by a shop that key is building NA motors.

Yes and?

Blow your brains already

Honda engines are well made and balanced (usually) to begin with.

High compression, aggressive cams, and good intake made with CFD will take you a long way.

Meme'd on

that image is not blue board material

How come?

p*nties are visible.

Because of VTec. There's a reason why Shingo drove an EG hatch with a couple of simple mods, he actually had to turn off VTec AND handicap himself to give Dagumi a chance.

I'm a Honda fanboy but this is a borderline race engine and not something you'd want to drive on the street every day

Also
>spending tens of thousands of dollars for less than 200bhp

These engines usually have VTEC removed all together and just run hot cams instead

I love a well built Honda but Hondatards will use this to say their D16 SOHC non-vtec makes 200 HP and was under-rated. I appreciate properly built Honda's, but I wait for the backlash of the retarded fanbase.

t. Assmad GM fangirl because fastest FWD drag cars are not ecotec powered

Don't you have a bus pass to renew or something?

>Honda actually knows how to make engines
tell that to Fernando Alonso

No because I ride one of my bikes as transportation actually

They are doing fine in IndyCar.

Ferrari cried so that Honda couldn't use tokens

meh. A good FWD car is a good FWD car.
I'm a fan of Honda K-series too. The Ecotecs are good, but they make fuckall power N/A. Love boost but suck N/A. If I want a N/A build, I'm gonna do wither a K20 or a 2.0L/2.3L Duratec

people aren't afraid to tune Honda engines to the bleeding edge given the low cost. would you be willing to put 30% more power in a already high stress 458 motor?

they make the best gp2 engine

>dreams of power

>fast fwd car

that's like being the smartest retard

yet we still have the special Olympics.

Because the K series is the pinnacle of honda NA I4 designs, and we still have not reached their full potential because they also respond so well to boos, that people just take shortcuts with that instead of exploiting NA potential.

This one has vtec, i think it kicks in around 6800 rpm.

>Penske wins lol
>any different than f1

the retards in drag racing are awd kiddies

>press fast button
>burn clutch
seems about right