I really like cows

I really like cows.

I think they're cute and lovable animals. They're docile but still stalwart and noble. I admire them and most farm animals. Pigs, chickens, goats horses etc.

Yet I'm a meat eater and I don't feel any guilt over that. I've seen the slaughterhouse videos and in general I'm opposed to factory farming for a number of reasons but I still don't feel any moral misgivings and killing and eating something, even when I think it's lovable.

Am I a bad person or is this a natural instinct for the descendan of agrarian farmers to have?

If the animals were above us would they have any qualms about eating us?

I'd say it's only bad if you're killing and eating individual animals you personally grew attachment to.

You dont eat the cows who give you milk. You only eat male ones and calves

>yfw we breed and raise an entire species of animal just so we can eat them and they have no clue whatsoever
I'm not gonna stop eating steak and burgers but it freaks me out every time I think about it long enough

If they looked like spiders no one would care. They have the unfornate nature of being cute

not sure if this makes it better or worse...

Probably you fucking retard, you don't think other sapient species could develope fucking empathy?

Sometimes when I eat octopus I feel a bit guilty knowing how intelligent they are, and they're not all that cute.

Until they get too old to produce milk. Then you feed them to the farmhands.

This.

Don't they have the intelligence of an 8 year old child? And like a decentralized brain with an extremely complex structure to it?

But they live in the ocean so fuck 'em.

There are fat, happy cows, and there are nervous Gaurs. There are a lot more cows.

Kinda like people desu

He'd eat you if he got the chance

I once cooked a meal with an indian friend and he watched us all eat beef with this utterly sicked look on his face

>"Dude, how the fuck can you just eat a fuckin' carcass like that?"

I used to live next to a dairy. Sometimes I'd sit outside, play guitar and sing, and the cows would gather round and bat their big brown eyes at me.

It was hilarious, but it also was kinda validating.

Ummm... Take yer meds dude. Predators are devoid of empathy. They like to play with their prey, until it quits wiggling.

with country raised cattle it´s give and take.
You give the animal a good quality of life and it gives you delicious beef (provided you give it a quick painless death). But feedlot factories produce low quality shit.

Cooked meat isnt really a carcass

yes, you do. once they are to old to produce enough milk they go to the slaughterhouse. my dad grew up on a dairy farm

Chickens are about the most vicious predator there is. I knew an organic farmer who would just throw dead cows in the pens.

It was like watching piranhas feed. Serious nightmare fuel. Also, pigs. They will fucking eat you. One of the most terrifying things I ever did was feed an 800lb boar 12oz of protein powder a day.

When I started getting the feed into the rubber tub, he started drooling. His tusks had grown up through the roof of his snout, so he looked pretty damn ferocious to begin with.

He'd attack that tub for about a half hour. I'd wait until he lost interest in trying to find just one more speck of dust in it before I'd go in his pen to retrieve the tub.

I did not want to fall down in there, cuz I'm pretty sure he'd just eat me, alive and screaming.

they're having taking revenge by literally farting up Earth's atmosphere

Is this the cowgirl thread?

Don't we play with most big predators from time to time.

Don't we swim with Orcas, have pet lions and pet Boas.

Don't we have fucking packs of canids living with us?

Since when predator animals, will just eat us on sight?

With canids, we're pack. Orca know better than to fuck with us. Boas are too small, mostly, and fed well, trained, domesticated.

I've seen orca play with sea lions. Two grabbed one from either end and leaped out of the sea, and then held on and parted ways - and more than just their ways.

The sea lion exploded in a froth of organs and blood.

My mother threw up.

They have no empathy. Only humans have the capacity to be humane. Do not project.

Be humane, but don't expect non-humans to reciprocate.

>intelligence of an 8 year old
>fuck 'em
Well if you insist...

>humanities
>cows
You have to go back to cows are not real human beans

Gotta call bullshit

Elephants feel compassion for non-elephants

Mmmmmmm... Land crab. Just imagine how tasty cracking open one of those leg joints and dipping the tender, white flesh in clarified butter would be.

I'm glad spiders don't get bigger than they are though. That would be a sucky death, macerated by those giant fangs, rolled up in sticky thread squirting out of it's ass, and hung up to season til it's hungry enough.

Elephants aren't predators user.

You wouldn't like cats if you were 6" tall

I like cats and I am 6 feet tall.

I have trouble believing anybody can like cows unless they've never had to live/work around them. The dumb cunts are so stupid they'll shit in their troughs and then spazz out because they have nothing to eat. At least pick a relatively clean and intelligent farm animal like a pig.

Your post really mooved me OP.

still not

I think pigs are cooler. But cows are still nice.

It really makes you think.

>That one h-manga about the kid who fucks his family's pet cowgirl

>that one where the boy fucks his pet rabbit

What if we're that species?

A cat is fine too.

It almost like cows manipulated humans to breed and care for them, all they had to do was evolve to be tasty.

My love of juicy cheeseburgers is more important to me than some dumb cow.

Those digits... Can it be?

This post is blessed!!

>t titman

t. assman

They are very smart, a lot more than horses. And if you treat them bad they will fucking make you pay with lots of petty revenges like stepping on you or whatever.

Go swim with an Orca to see if she doesn't attack you because she knows you are "dangerous".

Emphaty it isn't such an advanced trait, just rarely exercised, and predators are actually really picky about what they eat.

You have this warped view of nature as ruthless, and it isn't like that.

It's more like 40% laziness, 20%play and fun, 20% walking, and 20% killing.

I love cows too
They have a really sweet look

The real winners are rice, corn, and wheat. Clever bastards.

for all no-farmers
Cows are dumb as fuck.

>Don't we have fucking packs of canids living with us?
Some people eat dogs.

And for the rest, i'm pretty sure we'd eat them as well, if they were efficient at the whole "convert feed to meat" thing, like cows and pigs.

Humanity, fuck yeah.

>Elephants take up 1/34th of all the mass of wild land mammals
I find that hard to believe.

Pigs are smart but they're also unfeeling ravenous monsters. Like a mammilian crocodile.

S-sauce.