/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Wielded a quality weapon post-patch:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Ringed Knight set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (SPOILERS): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
Gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
Weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (weapon showcase with shitty players): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
Gamespot first boss fight (SPOILERS): youtu.be/NJRm85cFXw0

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2YVvMfXXG7E
youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Not played in a while, are 2h vertical UGS attacks still parryable?

/OURBOY/

bone fist dlc2 pls from pls

nameles agursed unded :-----DDDD

Are fags still trying to argue that Aldritch didn't eat Nito?

Ring Ring

guys i got into the dlc ask me anythin

He might have ate his dead body after the CU took him out

CU had to get the 4 Lord Souls going by canon

What do you think the new meta look like post patch/dlc? Pic maybe related

Post the song that plays when someone takes a sippy in duels
youtube.com/watch?v=2YVvMfXXG7E

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

some are but most agree he atleast ate his body which would make sense in cannon. But since his boss music samples nitos theres really no argueing
hows the king of the ring?
well know when it comes out

hopefully the "improvement" of the MLGS also means the charged heavies are actually useful now

They can make ultras faster, but they can;t make them MUCH faster without their animations becoming silly.

This isn't like maces or greatswords, where they were already so slow that it looked weird. If a UGS gets as much of a speedboost as greatswords got, they'll look like they're made of cardboard and on fast forward.

I think the ultras that stand the most to gain from this are greathammers, since they ARE unreasonably slow for their animation. They're probably going to bring every ultra up to around greataxe speed.

>yfw the bonus boss in the dlc is some stupid difficult shit like YEEOOOOWWWW on The Old Hunters

Well editing my body (making a girl THICC or a guy YOKED) get me banned?

why is Oceiros such a loser

if you edit gamefiles yes, its more then likely not worth it, but if u do it offline then switch back b4 going online ur safe.
i really hope thats the case, i want some orphan 2.0 shit

Assuming it's a sort of non-permanent change that will go away if you shut down CE, probably not. If there's a way to permanently change it, you'll get an invalid data warning.

So no word on any changes to the dorkmoon covenant?

We'll never fucking know unless he's mentioned in the DLC.

Should I go NG+ without beating Nameless King? I've only killed him with a sorc which is a joke but I'm struggling hard with melee. If I can't beat him on NG no way I could do it NG+ and beyond

>Gwyn is the only member of the original Lords that people give a shit about
Nito and Izalith got a shit deal.

Generations of inbreeding trying to produce the perfect heir to link the fire.

>King
>Lorian and Lothric actually weren't all that bad kids considering all the others
>turns himself into a dragon

Other than the whole descent into madness stuff from being consumed with DRAGONZ, it didn't seem like he was that bad off up until that point

Shit bosses get shit for respect.

nah, sorry user
wanting to be a dragon when youre not will make you lame always
i can help you if u want user, shortsword helps if ur solo tho
well nito went to sleep, and the witch fucked up pretty hard so, cant blame most people

>A guy with a sword is a good boss
>The Ravelord isn't

>decide to try this undead matches thing
>shit at pvp, so it might be a good way to practice
>first match
>Artorias armour, havel shield, darksword
>character name "GUTS"
>wellallrightythen.jpg
>he's R1 spamming
>nothing but R1 spamming, forever, like stamina is something that happens to other people
>still kick his arse
>he's almost dead, suddenly stops animating
>floats around with his arms out
>backstabs me from the front
>re-animates as I die, points down
Guess I got outplayed, huh.

>i can help you if u want user, shortsword helps if ur solo tho

Using summons for a kill is cheating tho

Everyone knows Nito is the coolest miasma of the lot

Nito was a cool design and a terrible implementation.
Gwyn was a decent design made good by context and a solid implementation.

As much as parrying ruined Gwyn's fight, it also made him memorable because parry-cheesing is fun. There was nothing fun or memorable to Nito's fight beyond the exploding knees.

Will TRC have anymore Millwood Knights or anything to do with them?

The abyss dragon might be a thing.

Meanwhile no one can deny that Bed of Chaos was shit.
>We will never fight the Witch at full power, whom was essentially a fire goddess.

Why's the nameless song and song of milfanito sound so similar ?

if hitboxes arent taking it srsly, you shouldnt either.
depending on who you ask sure, but if you already beat him with magic then you beat him fair and square, so summoning isnt a big deal.
we can dream user

>whom was
Stop that.

That weapon is already extremely good in PvP, I use it very frequently. I do suspect we'll start seeing more of it though. As for it becoming the meta? I wouldn't think so but you never know. We'll see what happens when the patch goes live. Right now all we can do is speculate. Things look good on paper but until some time goes by with everyone actually playing on the upcoming patch we'll never know for sure.

Finally falling for the UGS meme because the patch is forcing me to.

What's the best UGS with heavy or sharp infusion? Is lothric UGS good despite split damage?

>summoned to FC, everyone having a good time
>"summoned dark spirit Herald of MLG"
>immediately backstabs host
>runs away as soon as everyone descends on him and he almost dies
>using havel's shield and ToD
lol what an epic trollster XD he's so MLG xDD :P

Nito's fight wasn't that bad other than being easy from what came before

Perhaps if he could hit harder with his sword, it would have been better

But them, the 3 other Lord Souls were just as easy or easier on NG (with 4 Kangz being the only real bother on higher NG+s).

What other builds should I try after DLC?

I have;

>heal slut low sl co-opper
>Vicar Build ready for arenas
>dex build
>ultra greatsword build
>shield and poke build
>sorcery mid level
>pyromancer

That UGS was already extremely powerful as is. On a quality build with refined infusion, if you used that with some lightning resin it will SHIT on everything.

oh shit whoopsie didn't mean to quote
guess I'm the epic troll now

Dks 3? Never been parriable.

I'd welcome it, this game honestly needs one genuinely tough as nails boss
Soul of Cinder comes close but doesn't quite nail it, Friede is too much, and Nameless King is too reliant on absurd damage values

slap gold pine on it and it's a beast

It has been patched.

lorians is good split damage UGS, Prof UGS is always a good choice as well. lothric is amazing for low invest lighting builds tho

Apropos, it's always heartwarming to be hosting a FC when someone decides not to play nice and go for me, and see every other phantom and spirit just beeline for the killjoy and beat the shit out of him.

It's the perfect time for them to make a terribly hard optional boss, and there probably is one

Lothric Knight is good, yes. It works best with a gold resin since it stacks with the existing lightning damage.

As for which is best with what infusion, currently every infusable UGS is best with refined, but that might change with the patch. Some, like the Astora GS, were obviously designed with refined in mind, but others, like the Greatsword or CKGS might swing towards heavy after the changes

GREATSWORD currently best with refine

Astora best with str or refine, though low requirement for str and good dex scaling makes it good candidate for sharp as well

Cathedral knight worst with str, interestingly, and scales better refined or sharp.

Profaned has fire buff and is quality

Zweihander better refined, though low weight and stamina consumption, as well as versatile moveset makes it good candidate for an all-rounder.

Lothric knight good with buffs, resin or spells, though heavy and has split damage.

Black knight good AR, moveset and quality weapon. Twinkling thus cannot be buffed or infused.

Lorian has good scaling and selfbuff, but has no good scaling (though scale with all stats)

Isn't the munch animation still the same as 1 and 2?

RAW build with vit and vigor gauging. Wear the heaviest armour and voila. Fun time.

>Why does nameless song and mifanito somg sound so similar

because they are the same song.

the end credits is the song being sung to you

Of all completely baseless theories that get spun around this general, this is probably amongst my favorite ones.

I really hope heavy armour defense is ridiculously good. Something I missed from the previous games was steadily finding stronger armour and becoming tougher as well as finding better weapons.

Also "increased weight" is bad translation and means the weight is reduced. I'd bet money on it. I've seen this exact bad translation in other nip games, where a negative quality, like reload time, is "increased" and thus lowered.

What about Fume

We can only hope against hope that you are indeed right, user.

PC FC - Old Wolf / Demon Bridge
pass: dsg

But they sound different

>will have to give up based artorias pyro build for havel ultra great x build in 3 days

hold me bros ;_;

Probably because there's a few words that can ambiguously translate to 'increase' or 'improve' or so on depending on their context. Also because there's this odd case where they describe something being reduced by saying the reduction of it has increased.

Since the translators for minor things like patchnotes often aren't privy to the whole context, they have to make some educated guesses about which means what.

BF?

Black Flame is banned

no you cant be my bf.

Why that?

>banlists

back to fucking reddit with you

its not banned. join
everything is welcomed.

nito's boss room was supposed to be as dark as the tomb of the giants. next time you're going in there modify the lighting with CE or the leaked dev version and see how terrifying that shit actually is.

Heavy armors would need a minimum of 10% physical absorption increases, and probably around 10 units of weight savings, for them to be anywhere near worth it. Right now just equipping Havel's or Smough's pretty much guarantees that you'll be fatrolling unless you're using a dagger, a pyromancy flame and have at least 30 or so Vit along with Havel's +2 and FaP +2.

they are the same song, problem is one is an orchestrated piece and the other is being sung off-hand by a voice actor.

Does anyone wana Coop Farron Keep with me? I'm lvl 42 on NG and I cant find any summon signs. I dont really need the help, I just like doing PVE coop

>Pyro is consistently the best caster in Ds3
>Avoided nerfhammer from patchnotes
>Getting new stuff in the DLC
>Have to change builds now
?

what lvl range do you want? im down for whatever

Is that necessarily a bad thing though?
If you're wearing, say, Gundyr's set and carrying his halberd and a greatshield around is it really justifiable to expect yourself to be able to roll all over the place just as well as someone wearing lighter armors without sacrificing other stats for that?

Sounds like wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

Anything is fine. Just looking to have have fun

the idea is that you're meant to fatroll in that shit
the weight increase making it even more unviable to have normal roll plus all the stats for your stuff seems to enforce that.

Making it harder to be a jack of all trades is a plus, it forces players to pick a role and stick to it

Will beating Dark Souls cure my depression?

what's wrong with artorias' arm

it helps me with my lonliness

>PSU dies and takes CPU with it on its way out
>replace setup with backup 4 ghz APU mobo that works fine for me since I don't play any triple A trash
>decide to try to play through DaS3 again just get it over with and finish the series for good with the last DLC
>turns out that, since launch, this one socket type doesn't work with DaS3 and in the year since released it has never been fixed because Fromsoft is just that competent

If anything it'll convince yourself to just end it.

I'm hanging out in the farron keep bonfire room

there should be a ring that reduces your roll to the weight level below it

100-119% get fat roll

70-99% get mid roll

30-69% get fast roll

0-29% get ninja flip

given the release dates for BB and das3 I wonder if it will only be 12 months from now until we get the next game from FROM.

pass down at farron keep bonfire, pass dsg

I cant see it. I put in dsg in the password field, do I need to do something else?

fuck no the ninja ring was absolutely cancer

>haven't play ds3 in awhile
>check the patches notes
>"damn this looks really good, i wonder if-"
>zero changes to invasions

fuk u miyazaki

Being forced to fat-roll with heavy armaments and armor is fine. But being forced to fat-roll even with minimal offensive potential and a metric asston of stat investment, and still take barely less damage than the guy in cloth, is not fine.

There's definitely a balance to be had, it just doesn't exist right now and needs a lot of change to make it work. As it stands, those heavy armors already weigh in the neighborhood of 60 units, triple what the average plate and chain set weighs, and six times what cloth weighs. Even "regular" heavy armor is in the neighborhood of 40 units, which isn't much better.

Combining increased absorption with heavy armors, with the already existing boosted defense while wielding great weapons, and maybe or maybe not a greatshield to go with it, I would be perfectly fine with all of that forcing players to hit 90-100% equip load even with high Vit investment. The problem is that currently all of that gives you barely more survivability than the guy in chain armor, and that guy can mid-roll with his great weapon and minimal Vit investment.

Can WAs be parried?

>Poise given to Dark Hand weapon art

I feel excited, I enjoy kissing people

dont think so, if ur embered it should be fine...

basically anything that thrusts/pokes is parryable