Unpopular Car Opinions

I really only give a shit about kei-cars and vans.

you can have fun in any car

:)

Anyone who buys a car as a status symbol or extension of their persona or whatever is a moron.

>look at me I drive a BMW/Mercedes/Audi/irrelevant supercar/etc

Also anything with more than 200hp that doesn't weigh eleventy billion tons is unnecessary on the street, as are all SUV's.

>Also anything with more than 200 hp that doesn't weigh eleventy billion sons is unnecessary on the street

Found the assmad europoor that couldn't afford the insurance for anything over 1.8L

sounds like something Trailer Trash in a Daewoo would say.

Convertible sports cars are great and worth the tradeoff in rigidity.

Kei cars are cool. It's neat when automakers can put together something fun under such tight limitations.

The Volvo 480 is one of the best looking cars ever made

I love this thing

mmm

Audi TT is a cool and fun car and not every single one is driven by a hairdresser or fag.

If a car isn't in the top 10 on nuremberg, I think its garbage. This applies to only track cars though.

Having a different opinion to you doesn't make me european, dear. ;^)

Jimmy pls

Civic wagon a cute

This is true, but only in coupe form. The drop top is undeniably gay.

I liked the retro thing nissan tried in early 90s and wish America got them (figaro,s-cargo)

I'm looking forward to driver-less cars

Driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow.
I like brakes you need to step on hard
Electric vehicles can be fun, but only if they are not build with manufacturer specific parts
electric vehicles can be tuned as well or even better than gas powered cars if build like mentioned above
Cars are way too big and heavy.
I would realy like it if normies and soccer moms would start driving driverless cars and stop posing a threat to other drivers.
A car that can´t corner ist shit, no matter how much power it has, no road is straight enough anyway to utilise your power if you can´t corner anyway.
There should be cars like the RX-7 FD but smaller again, 280hp and good cornering is all I want.

Kei cars really are fascinating. They have lots of character.

I also like stiff feeling brake pedals, I hate it when they're all spongy. Same with gas pedals, I don't like floppy ones.

I know how this comment sounds btw, giggity.

I hate these where you only touch them slightly, the car brakes with full power.
You loose a shitload of precision with these...

>bike in kei car
I´ve done that as well.
It always wonders me how much space is in these and how little is in bigger cars.

Let's get this shit started

>The weight and handling of a car meant to be a daily grocery getting doesn't mean shit.

>Handling in general is vastly over rated by a majority of new and or inexperienced automotive fans as they don't realize the driver behind the wheel plays such a large part.

>The phrase "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" is stupid as it's more fun to drive anything fast and driving a fast car fast is more fun than driving a slow car fast.

>The viper acr is the best sports car ever made

>The C5 corvette is currently the best car for the money on the market.

oooh i was hoping there'd be kei car threads here.
I agree, I've been a cyclist all my life, but a cyclist 10 years that matter (those I could've owned a car) and just today I purchased a 1982 suzuki carry kei-van. I'm super psyched to get it this week and get it all in 100% working order, and it's only a .8L engine so should be nice and cheap to run.

Going to convert it from 4 speed to 5 speed to suit our road system here better then it'll be nice and tidy.
Pic related. Honestly it gave me an itch for motorzied vehicles like I've never felt before, might get something else nice and small eventually as well, since I'd assume women will probably like my van as much as they like my bicycle.. not much at all.

I dont really enjoy cars, car culture or racing. Its all boring and repetitive to me. I only really like cars because its the only thing im really good at. I love diagnostics and repairs and understanding the mechanics behind them, so i keep buying old junkers and fixing them

I just want to play music, but i suck at that and only get better at working on cars, but fuck being a mechanic either

here I feel kinda similar, I've worked on cars a fair bit but never felt compelled to own one, thats why I'm confident in repairing the small issues with it myself.

I do enjoy the car scene slightly though, but thats only the hanging out with friends part, any excuse to hang out with your buddies during the week is a good excuse.

I just transported a fucking motorcycle in my almost kei-siezed car.
It is always a wonder how much you can fit in small cars...

People who use the 0-60 to argue about daily drivers are retards because let's not pretend that everyone speeds away from green lights at full throttle.

Sedans are by far and large the worst bodystyle unless the car is luxurious enough to get chauffeured in. If you need four doors for practical reasons just buy a more practical hatch, liftback or wagon to begin with.

seconded