Eve Online general /eog/

CSM IS A JOKE OF AN ORGANISATION WORKING AGAINST THE WISHES OF PLAYERS, DO NOT VOTE 2 edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed) (embed)

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>PLEX and AUR change
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/

>[April]
>CONCORD Ships

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes.
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/60970335/
eve-marketdata.com/station.php?step=Rank
zkillboard.com/ship/35833
zkillboard.com/kill/60976691/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Drake victory skin

XDDDD FC can I bring Drake XD

What's a good way to make isk?

thoughts on the Sunesis for exploration?

sell it

How is this even possible?

How did this master of shitfits made it to the CSM?

by sucking dick, like all of them

Because he's 3rd Party Tools APIs N Shit Guy

How overpowered and cancerous will the CONCORD ships be?

probably just barely overpowered

either autistic OP or gnosis-tier garbage

I predict faggy kiteshit like everything

zkillboard.com/kill/60970335/

>you make money faster than train skills
No shit

>pvp fittings are the only part of eve
What did he mean by this

yes

>Decide to roam around looking for shit to kill
>Travel interceptor
>Travel interceptor
>Tengu
>Travel interceptor
>Tengu
You guys said there would be fun

The fuck happened to Amarr?

eve-marketdata.com/station.php?step=Rank

Kill me

>yfw amarr drops below hek

I don't mind it. Slower hubs, more profit, less competition.

How the fuck did MLJ even have that much isk?

I honestly have no idea.

not pupper

Sent from their alt

>still no eog corp for apocalypse pilots

Just fly an instalock ship

Not everyone in it was retarded, just a large majority.

I was taking a vacation off this game so whats the changes in PLEX exactly?

>The PLEX Vault will allow you to move PLEX safely throughout the universe rather than having to move it in a ship
This is pretty clear, no question.

> Smaller PLEX

>The first component of our plan is focused on making PLEX more flexible. Currently, PLEX is rather large. By always existing as a one-month chunk of subscription time, PLEX can be cumbersome to buy and trade. We think it would be great if it could be broken into smaller units that fit your needs rather than always being bound to the size of 30 days.
Great, 3 days PLEX then?

Then the follow ups have this:

>30 Days at A Time

>First, we want to emphasize that there are currently no plans to sell game time in portions smaller than 30 days. We noticed that some of you made the fair assumption that because PLEX was becoming granular, it would mean subscription time would be granular as well. This is not the case. Our current plan is that PLEX will only be redeemed for game time in 30 day chunks, just like now. If you were worried about seeing cyno alts subbed for 3 hours at a time, don’t worry.

Does this mean they are just breaking PLEX into smaller chunks for trading purpose but to actually redeem them to game time you still have to gather a full amount for 1 PLEX?

Oops didn't mean to quote, sorry.

>zkillboard.com/ship/35833

Successful op guys!

point defence is fucking retarded though desu

Yes, but it also means they're killing hilarious plex tank kills.

but that also means >highsec pvpers are probably butthurt

When are
>highsec pvpers
Not butthurt about something?
CODE is just an physical embodiment of how butthurt James 315 is about the solo nature of mining.

A large majority???

They peaked at 11 memebers how do 11 newbros get 300m while losing 5 mil explo herons to gatecamps in lowsec every 3 hours?

The ceo put his own ISK into the corp wallet while also buying frigates from some highsec mining corp that he supposedly bullied into selling him for 10% above jita prices.

Also it was only ~160m, I would know I was the one who stole it.

Again, maybe 3 members (CEO included) knew what was going on. The memer above was a welper, as were most people who are on here complaining about exploration (It's the same two).

>10% above Jita
>...
Stilte, still no reply to my email about why you would bother awoxing far less than you welped.

the real reason i left was cause RL stuff stopped me from playing and it was getting boring teaching newbros to pvp.

I had a lot of fun the first little bit even tho we didnt have many successful roams cause the newbros were learning and having fun so i went with it.

Why wouldnt i take some free isk even if it was a small amount? The corp was dying and I had to leave regardless.

>bothering to steal 300mil?
>"uhhh, uhhh, I had IRL stuff on and I thought, why not steal a meaningless amount of money before I left"

I mean, I can't blame you, I got tired of the constant bitching about
>muh explo
>muh mining
>muh fits
>muh dual webs
from players which genuinely have never even given something a proper shot.
However to bother stealing something like that shows you are a bigger cuck than I initially believed.

>make corp
>specifically pitch it as a corp for noobs
>get pissed about noobs not knowing how to play the game
Watching MLJ crash and burn was fucking great. /dog/ meme corps in general make good entertainment.

Join xXDRONELANDSXx today! Plenty of quiet systems for ratting. Rent prices are reasonable. Comrade xXDEATHXx is looking for you.

Are you really this buttblasted that I stole 160m?

How the fuck do I into industry?

>buy ammo blueprint original from NPCs
>find quiet engineering complex
>research it to full
>make ammo while you wait for T2 manufacturing skills to train
>manufacture T2 mods
>turn a tidy profit for minimal effort

>make corp for /dog/ posters to enjoy not being a part of a reddit-tier conglomerate
>everyone who applies is new to eve, and new to Veeky Forums
>decide I can try and work with this, maybe actual /dog/ posters will come along later
>noobs not improving
>all they can do is repeat ironic shitposts
>no one can stop welping constantly
>no one else gets involved because we are counter-memed to shit by the remnants of puppet shit station
>have to take short break
>come back to find only other person who can play eve and lurks has awoxed $2 worth

Serves me right desu. Was hoping for a community, got a shitfling. I suppose a Reddit-corp is more docial, so the autistic gentleman was right after all.

More so bemused that you bothered to steal it.

After I stopped doing the noob teaching roams everyone just stopped logging in. Also it took all of 3 clicks to steal the isk and 3 more for the frigs idk why I wouldnt just take it.

Either way in my opinion the corp was successful for the short time it was alive in that it was fun and taught some newbros how to play. Just cause its dead now doesnt mean it was a waste of time.

Awoxing is a cuck move, regardless of how easy it can be.

It failed it's goal, I wanted to get dogposters together in game for dank stratpaps, not tutor retarded newfags and listen to pointless whinging the whole time I logged on.
Glad I made it on an alpha alt desu, knew something bad would happen.

If you want to be bitter about it thats fine, it was described the way it turned out so I guess if thats what kind of corp you want you should make it more obvious.

I agree that teaching newbros how to play got boring fast tho the supreme gentleman in phorde and BNI must really enjoy that elite vet feel to keep doing that shit.

>It failed it's goal, I wanted to get dogposters together in game for dank stratpaps,
dog posters are the most retarded and useless people in this game. why the fuck would you want anything to do with them?

I thought it would be obvious that there is not much point joining a Veeky Forums corp if you don't even lurk often.

Because I wanted a retarded and useless corp where everyone can act retarded and useless without worrying about their reputations, because it was among equals.
Pretty much the reason Veeky Forums was created in the first place.

>tfw Autistic Sharks was 10 years ago

Is there a good way to use my production slots without investing months of SP?

Is EVE proof that ancapism works?

if everyone is immortal and free of any longterm consequences for their actions, ancapism devolves into rigid power structures within a fortnight

People are free to not participate in any of it, though. You don't have to join null corps or anything.

all the resources that the game mechanics allow to be monopolized are monopolized

you're free to control your body IRL too, does that mean that everything is ancap IRL?

How are all resources monopolized?

Also, that's not even an argument and a terrible comparison.

>How are all resources monopolized?
go mine some moons in nullsec by yourself and you'll find out

>some moons
>all resources

>all the resources that the game mechanics allow to be monopolized
learn to read

>Does this mean they are just breaking PLEX into smaller chunks for trading purpose but to actually redeem them to game time you still have to gather a full amount for 1 PLEX?
They're getting rid of aurum because they want to get rid of the conversion shit

>wah I can't take, set up and defend an r64 all by my self, this is unfair ccp beef big alliances

>multiple people from multiple corps from different alliances can extract resources
>"monopoly"

IRL we have dozens of countries too
ancap achieved

None of them are ancap

>governments will jail or kill you if you leave or join depending of where you go
>"ancap"

the only reason that doesn't happen in eve is that it's literally impossible, as with all other "ancap" structures that are in the game

No, in Eve I can choose to go wherever I want, even knowing that I can get fucked in the ass for trespassing. Governments get to decide if I go or not arbitrarily, not because of trespassing, but because of control.

if in the real world it was impossible to imprison or kill you, and there existed blockade runners and impossible to lock tengus that you could buy for spare change, governments wouldn't get to decide where you'll go

so ancapism works if god keeps patching the world to guarantee your freedoms

That's just because governments are inefficient, not because they partake in initiation of force, which is the foundation of ancapism. In EVE the Empries have CONCORD which can literally turn off your ship in their territory, but once you are in lawless space, you are free.

not because they do not partake in initiation of force*

What's a good Corp to stick a ratting vni alt in?

>impossible to lock tengus
Tell me more about these because that sounds like horseshit.

I was referring to travel with instant align ships.

I thought it was still possible to instalock and point those. Also instant align on a cruiser?

Everything takes at least two seconds to align, even if the align time is zero, due to how server tick rate works.

I'm wrong on the tengu part then. I haven't tried it and I'm only familiar with instant align as a theoretical concept. Too much effort when null travel is pretty safe anyway

The tengu part is instacloak+nullification, which is pretty much impossible to catch unless you either have a dirty gate or a lucky fast ship that happened to be nearby

Too bad ancap is as much a retarded meme as communism

>people ACTUALLY believe in these ideal world bullshit political, economic and sociological ideologies that immediately fail because it's not an ideal world with ideal outcomes

Is the stratios worth it?

In ~20 days, I should have decent enough skills to actually get use out of it, but I'm wondering if it's worth the huge price tag. I could buy 3 more asteros with their fittings for one stratios.

Is there enough potential ISK to be made in using one? I know they're a huge step up from the astero for PvP.

>Is the stratios worth it?
Worth it for what? If you're gonna say exploration fucking stick to the asteroid and other exploration frigates

I know there's relic / data sites in WHs with rats that I can't run in the astero. Can the stratios manage them?

Ancap isn't a political, economical or sociological ideology, it's an ethical philosophy based on non-initiation of force and voluntaryism.

No, get a Drake for C1-C3, a Tengu for C3-C4, a Rattlesnake for C5 and a Naglfar for C6.

Wow good thing retards like you aren't in charge. With that kind of bullshit no wonder it doesn't work at all

Thanks for reminding me that Veeky Forums is total shit for philosophical discussions.

>non-initiation of force and volunteerism
>I'm not forcing you but you better fucking volunteer for the existence of our society

>what's secession
>what's seasteading
>what's spacesteading

user, no one's forcing you but since there's no societal blanket to pick up or ensure safety, you better fucking get back to work or I'm taking away your rag blanket. You're totally free to do what ever you want of course you're just volunteering at my command

>zkillboard.com/kill/60976691/

Jesus this guy is the absolute best pilot I have ever seen, just have a look at this killboard.

>volunteering at my command

nullsec is a VERY dangerous place

Please, examine the Nyx loss if you feel you understand him as a pilot.
I just can't fathom how people are this bad, it scares me.

This guy could be driving on the same roads as me, backwards, with no tyres on.

>ancap
>you better fucking volunteer or you'll die

my favorite thing to do is argue with literal fucking retards who have never taken a civics or political theory course (let alone talked with someone who has spent decades working in it), and hearing them talk with so much authority you'd think they have PhDs in it.

go back to watching Sargon or Molyneux you stupid ignorant motherfuckers and leave my r/eog alone.

>Do you want to buy my apples?
>No.
>the end

>Do you want to buy my apples?
>Sure.
>the end
Where does the die part come in?