>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Last thread: somewhere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4
youtu.be/ADg44x08rog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nth for it's been several weeks since I last played. Have they fixed matchmaking yet? Buffed Lawbringer? Nerfed other classes? I'm so out of practice.

Time for today's edition of
>PK mains

>tfw only time I was decent at the game was in beta

Previous thread:

I once has a PK criticise me for "Light attack spamming" as warden. I threw out a light every time he closed distance and started his combo. The irony was great.

Nobshi mains I need advice. I now duel players who optimally punish my parried light attacks, which I do one at a time randomly.

I've heard that canceling a light into hidden stance and attacking immediately to beat their parry attempt can add a layer to your offense, but I haven't asked a friend to test how effective this might be.
Can anyone vouch for how practical this tech is? Thanks in advance.

dont play nobushi but it will condition the opponent to not try to parry as much

that strat is true and effective for pretty much any class

You know only the Berserker and Nobushi can cancel light attacks yes? Though hers is better because she has more options out of hidden stance.

im talking about feinting and going into a light attack in general

Post Lawbringer music.

What sort of fics, lewd or not, would you be interested in? Keeping in mind the high-school-creative-writing-class tier writing.

What's the best class if you're planing on a poor connection?

pk, just mash r1

How long do you think its going to be til we get the first 2 DLC characters? End of season 1? Ive pretty much only spent 5k on nobushi idle effect and have mainly been saving for DLC chars assuming they are going to be 20k steel.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4

Yeah start of season 2 is when they're meant to drop

>That emblem.

are there any good AMVs for this game?

i like linkin park and evanescence

There's a distinct lack of lewd anything for Valk.

Is there a point to team colors? Do people even use them? Why do defenders get purple, blue, and green? I can see attackers getting red, yellow, and orange but why the fuck green for defenders? Who decided this shit?

I fucking hate the bots in this game so fucking much. They're always invincible gods when they're on the enemy team and complete shit on mine.
>Playing elimination against ai for an order
>They all read my input to block perfectly
>Parry light attacks regularly
>Tech every GB
>In the later rounds they instantly abandon a fight when it starts and run to gank my team

Can you name another cool color besides blue and purple?

What do you guys do when you're in Duel and you're going up against a very clearly new player? I'm too autistic to talk to them, but I don't want to completely clobber them or sandbag them TOO hard either.

When the fuck is Wardens vortex getting a nerf?
>Get matched against a high rep Warden
>VORTEX VORTEX VORTEX VORTEX VORTEX
>I'm playing a heavy so there's literally nothing I can do to get away, can only roll once or I'm out of stamina
This shit is broken as fuck

which heavy are you playing? warlord/conq do pretty well against it, but it does give Shugoki a bit of trouble if his super armour is down.

Beat them with just the basics: only lights, heavies, blocks, and parries. Should be enough so that they won't feel overwhelmed and will show them where they need to improve. If I've been talking with the other player the whole time and they're not a cunt I'll let them win a round, otherwise I just try to end it quickly

Parry follow ups are too punishing but feel free to parry their mistakes
Remember that new bois can't gb tech so don't abuse it

Warlord. And nothing I seem to do fucking works
>Headbutts too slow to interrupt him
>Lights too slow to interrupt him
Seriously, what the fuck do you do?

>can't beat an A tier class with the best class in the entire game
I'll tell you what you do, you roll out then get him in the headbutt vortex, which is much better.

>Roll out
>He just starts the vortex again, because there's no actual counter to it
You're not explaining how to escape it, because there's literally no way to escape it. It costs almost no stamina and can be spammed over and over again because there's literally no downside to it.
There's a reason all "high level" Warden gameplay depends on their vortex

Your headbutt is faster.

It isn't. I've tried headbutting to escape his vortex and he always hits me first.

If he's barreling towards you yeah, it's too late. But you can dodge into headbutt on reaction faster than he can dodge into shoulder bash. There's a reason no warden has taken a tournament, it's because Warlord does everything Warden does but better.

God you "VORTEX" whiners are legitimately so fucking awful. You have a 2/3 chance of getting out unless you're completely predictable, just press a light attack.

Once I've already been hit by it that's it though. I have no real chance for escape unless I roll away.
>Just light attack
Not everyone plays PK

I've left 13 brawl games in a row within the last half hour because literally every single one had a PK in it and I refuse to play any game that contains one of those cancerous niggers.

Also, is champion status worth the steel?

>warden not being s tier

????

Warlord side lights are 500ms, you can easily land one, and asserting that only PK lights are fast enough to stop it really shows your ignorance about the matchup.

Wanna know what's a lot worse than Warden shoulder? Warlord headbutt, except it's basically unreactable, and random side dodges are just asking for a GB.

it goes like this

broken:
pk
warlord
conq

strong:
warden
valk shug

bad:
raider
berserker
orochi
nobushi

trash:
kensei
LB

i've noticed i'm getting a ton of shitty gear ever since i let my champion status wear off.

imo it's worth it if you're trying to rep 3 a character and gear them up w/o buying steel

Yes, there's no 100% chance unless you roll. But on the other hand, getting hit by it repeatedly without him mixing it up at all is a sign of your unfamiliarity more than anything else.

>raider not in trash below law

I've tried landing them everytime a Warden spams his vortex. You insisting they are fast enough to interrupt his vortex doesn't magically make them faster every time I try doing it and it doesn't work.
>Warlords headbutt
>You get one stab in
>Wardens vortex
>You get two light attacks, a heavy if they cancel into a GB and you don't tech
Gee that one stab that does less damage than a light sure is worse

raider's dashing guardbreak and stunning tap give him some options, that's why he's in bad instead of trash

When did I ever say they don't mix it up? They always mix it up to try to be as unpredictable as hell. It's not even a matter of skill, it's literally a guessing game because no one has a strict pattern they stick to, it's just random if they raw shoulder or charge.

>Be MVP on your team in a Dominion match
>Be the only one with the sense to backcap when the enemy has all three points
>Lowest-scoring, no kills shitter says "noob team" in chat
>Be last one alive, get 4v1 ganked and bear hugged to death by a Shugoki
>"user u suck"
>"FUCKING NOOB user"

I'll admit, I got salty and told them to check the leaderboard, but why does this game bring out the worst in people? And why does no one fucking know how to play Dominion?

Well, if you're leaving a lot of games, then a lot of your champ status time is going to go to waste.

Not to mention brawl isn't a good mode for leveling up anyways.

you're probably swapping your guard too late instead of changing it to side when you get hit, then buffering a light attack as soon as possible

>Gee that one stab that is completely unavoidable damage compared to a light combo that you have to completely fuck up to get hit by sure is worse
retard

I'm not trying to level up, I really don't give much of a shit about rep level. Currently at 3.

The same still applies, though. Leaving a lot will waste a good portion of your champ status.

Personally, I would rather keep my steel, but if you know you're going to be playing a lot, then it might not be a bad purchase.

>Dude that little damage is worse than two lights or a heavy, because he can do it repeatedly
>Pls ignore that the Warden can repeatedly spam his vortex because it makes my argument invalid
>Also the vortex is totally fair against every other class, especially ones like Shugoki who have slow lights and nothing to interrupt it

>And why does no one fucking know how to play Dominion?
I don't know, but I'm sick of carrying my teams constantly. It's a random tossup whether they'll be just mediocre enough to let me steamroll the enemy team, or they amount to nothing and I have to 1v4 constantly and eke out a win or die if they actually use team tactics.

Very rarely am I actually teamed up with competent people and simply outplayed by the other team. It's a frustrating feeling after coming from fighting games where you are your only liability.

youtu.be/ADg44x08rog

Haven't seen one. This at least is music and gameplay, but not a AMV really, let me know if you find one with the usual suspect soundtrack.

yes, warlord headbutt is insanely strong, meanwhile warden's shoulder can be hit with lights on reaction every time

both are spammable

shugoki has hyperarmor, trying raw shoulder against shugoki is asking for a headbutt or GB

you're just proving you don't really know the game all that well

>Dude Shugoki has hyper armor, this makes him invincible to the vortex
>B-but no warden would ever ever GB him to get rid of that armor, they're all stupid and just dive right into that armor
You're proving you don't know shit about the game and love pretending the vortex isn't broken

>can't get any kills because the enemy team stays together literally the whole game

>dev flat out said we never intended you to unlock everything in the game but to just play 1-3 heroes
Holy shit ubisoft please. Reddit has like 8 pitchfork threads up and the community manager trying to calm them.

yes, he can attack right through shoulder and it will beat the GB cancel, this is what hyperarmor is, are you retarded? Every single character has tools to defend against Warden, but here you are bitching about it because having to choose between dodge/attack/GB tech is too hard for you

Are you fucking retarded? A smart Warden will GB the Shugoki before hand, which gets rid of the hyper armor. Then he can vortex to his hearts content until the armor is back, and then all he has to do is GB again to get rid of it.

I was wondering what would break first... your spirit, or your connection!

For a bonus laugh make sure to look at his name.

Reminder that Peace/Lewdkeeper is for being captured, gangraped and mindbroken by Kangs.

>b-but if this thing happens first then it's harder!
theoryduel somewhere else, you being completely unable to understand basic mixups is why the game is stuck in a shitty defensive meta right now, thanks

>Completely ignores the point that Shugoki has no counter to the vortex because all it takes to get rid of the hyper armor is a single GB
And no, basic mix ups is not literally guessing what the Warden will do next. You can't react to it skillfully, you're only hope is to just guess, because any decent Warden will not have a pattern and just act as randomly as possible so you can't accurately predict what he does next.

>You can't react to it skillfully so it's cheap
this is why no one attacks in duels unless they're conq/warlord/pk, retard

defense is so easy and gives such heavy rewards that the only viable characters regularly use unblockables that force a dodge or other counter, this includes warden

you're bitching about one of the only mechanics in the game that aren't a cancerous "sit there and wait for something to parry" waiting game

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm not the best player, but I can usually hold my own in a 1v1 unless the other player is really good and, if put in a 2v2, I know how to use revenge for knockdowns and free damage. That's another thing: people use revenge as soon as they get it, rather than holding on and using it to counter being ganked/double teamed.

Anyway, my problem is no one seems to understand the whole 'control points' element of Dominion. I rarely see people fighting effectively in the minion lane (which is free points if you can zone attack a few times) and people don't seem to realize that there are lots of side routes to each point, meaning you can split the enemy team apart by backcapping rather than just joining a revenge orgy on one point and dying constantly.

I really like the idea of Dominion as a game mode, playing as these heroes during a siege with AI minions. It's certainly better designed than Mario Kart powerup Elimination. But the people playing it are just such retards.

>Dude why complain about the vortex when there's also other stuff to complain about?
Okay so you are actually retarded

>It's ANOTHER elimination where the last enemy alive is an assassin who would rather spend two minutes running around them come and fight us episode
Just why? Is it about their k/d or some shit?

>i can't just reactively block and parry my way to victory against this move that forces me to act WTF!!!!
catch aids

>been doing research on Roman history, wanted to learn as much as possible from beginning to end
>learning about the Fall of the Western Roman Empire at the moment, and the beginning of the Middle Ages
>think of For Honor's new centurion
>become incredibly sad at the feeling of the fact that all civilizations, no matter how grand, all come to an end
>even my homeland that I love one day will just be a few piles of rubble and pages in a history book, my entire family line a faint whisper on the deafening gusts of time
>blackpilling.exe
>all of this started because someone mentioned that the centurion is a sort of fringe knight that the knights legions descended from, and it piqued my curiousity about Rome from that one statement
>due to that single fleeting thought I have been steeped in old roman history and italian culture for like a week straight now, just because somebody mentioned Centurion's reason for being a knight
i didnt even check if there was any proof to that claim at all whatsoever

do i have autism

>Dude a move that you can only guess what to do instead of react properly is totally fair
Is your favorite game rock paper scissors? I hear it's super skilled and takes real reaction time and critical thinking to win!

nah, dude. or maybe i'm autistic myself. where'd you look all this stuff up?

the irony is that right now, for honor dueling is like playing rock paper scissors, but whoever goes second has a 500ms window to change their hand

If only there was a man who was really intelligent when it comes to fighting game balance.

If only a very meticulous fighting game developer with actual competive experience could give his aid to the FH devs, as he has with other fighting games.

But who!

No, you're smart.

>It's like rock paper scissors if the game was actually different than it is haha

man i didn't know mike z looked like a jewish cancer patient

>not keats

Nah user, I've always meant to do more research on how knights emerged out of Roman institutions. Comparing how feudal structures and the idea of knighthood developed in what was the Western Roman Empire and the Byzantines might also be pretty cool. Hell, did the Byzantines even have interesting foot soldiers? Might be a neat character to add.

I hate how you can't have an interest in anything on the internet, you can only be autistic now.

do we know anything about the law/raider/zerk buffs this week?

yes

come back next week to find out

Of course not, it's ubisoft

DUDE

Look up varangian guard

You're definintely not autistic, and you've gotten good comments on it, but I think it's funny that if you did the same thing for feudal Japan history, you'd definitely be called an autistic weeb.

Knights didn't emerge out of Roman institutions, they were the result of fuedalism, though the roman's did have an equestrian class who were made up of well to do landed men they didn't bear the same responsibilities as a knight.

I am aware of them, but that was the Emperor's viking mercenary company. I mean actual homegrown Byzantine soldiers that aren't the mounted cataphract.

>even plebbit is getting angry at ubisoft

FUCKING GOOD
FUCK JEWBISHIT

I haven't seen anything else specific though wikipedia mentioned there were a group of byzantine soldiers who were also called immortals, more than likely since the byzantines considered them selves roman their terminology for their military would probably be similar to that of late imperial rome, just in greek instead of latin. I'm no historian, I'm just speculating.

If you wanna know about centurions proper look more into the Roman Empire during its expansion. After they stopped expanding the hyper-organised legions of old faded away to a foederati border guarding force.

Right, but what I'm curious about is how cavalry as a military idea evolve from the Roman equites, goes through the fall, and then we get knights.

Feudalism might have been the climate they emerged from, but why does that shift in social and military status become the norm?

They stole the name from the classical Persian infantry.

Hey it's me again do we have an eta for the centurion yet? I need to spill barbar blood.

Cavalry was used through out history, the tactics on how they were used didn't change, what changed was the idea of awarding land to some one and expecting them selves to be loyal to you when you go to war but also able to defend them selves and rally men to prevent a raid when help couldn't arrive in time.

come back next week

user you can't keep leading me on like this, my heart can't take it.