The richest Bitcoin address in the world

Is it safe to keep 124,956 BTC ($114,198,073 USD) in one Bitcoin address?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/2847/how-long-would-it-take-a-large-computer-to-crack-a-private-key
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pic related, why would anyone do this?

This is morbid and should be considered nsfw

The last ins and outs were very recently so it is clear they're not lost coins. But isn't this a big security risk?

That's exactly what I mean. Not the amount in Bitcoin, the fact it's all in one place

It is not safe to keep any Bitcoin

Too volatile

Meme backstabbing 24/7

I love how im part of the 5%.
I realize lots of people spread their btc over multiple wallets, but still, my wallet is in the top 5%
Owning the biggest wallet is probably really good for self esteem, its a power thing

Do you own a fast car and have a short stature as well?

>he doesn't like memeposting

BTC threads are the only reason I come to Veeky Forums

>fuck Fiat, fuck the 1%!
>happily enters into Buttcoin, with an even bigger 1%

Coiners folk - absolute retards!

"Fuck the 1% unless I'm part of it" isn't all that hard to understand to be honest.

From a privacy standpoint, no.

From a security standpoint, it doesn't matter.

Pffft just 114 millions, Markus Persson has 2484 millions and there are others with trillions of euros and dollars.

so if this dude wanted to cash out his stack of btc could he dump it all in one go? how long would it take to get all that money out?

I too am interested in this. What about taxes?

>You now realize those who were around at the time that meme pic was made would be millionaires by now had they not choked and panic sold

please die

>Bitcoin
>Not a pyramid scheme

Kek

> any government
> not a pyramid scheme

Kek

Yea, how long would it take to cash that all out? How would you even do that?

Doesn't the CIA now own a bunch of coins they sized from silk road?

that would be the fbi. and they are just sitting on it.

i have no doubt the cia has much bitcoins and not afraid to use it either tho. but you would never know about it.

Markets reopen tomorrow (Monday morning) - Will bitcoins surge or plunge?

>PLACE YOUR BETS

Also interested in this.

It's pretty amazing if it's true. U.S. Gov holding Bitcoin. That's good news for coiners. #1 country in the world holds Btc

you realize the crypto market never closes right

Bump

I've done some googling and a private key has never been brute forced. You'd need an estimated 165 billion years right now to crack a private key.

Say someone managed to crack the number 1 address, I think it would kill Bitcoin because coins would not be safe anymore.

165 billion years is the time it would take to try all the combinations, right?
What if someone gets lucky and gets it right away? Extremely improbable, but not completely impossible.
And that's not even the way people steal Bitcoins, as there are much easier and effective ways.

Also, why did you post this as a response to my post?

well they confiscated it but i wonder what that means. did they actually transfer it into their own wallet or just confiscated the wallets?

there is a world of difference between the two.

Could you split the 165 billion years across multiple workloads? Like is that one computer at work or our current best botnet working on it?

>2 computers = 82.5 billion
>4 computers = 41.25 billion
>...
>137,438,953,472 computers = 1.2 years

Oh... Nevermind. Did the math and answered my own question but figured I'd post results

It's possible just improbable.

Cool. Here's the thread I read btw, I was wrong about 165 billion years.

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/2847/how-long-would-it-take-a-large-computer-to-crack-a-private-key

It's 0.65 billion billion years.

Nobody has a billion dollars in cash.

Buffett probably does.

saddam did

apple does